Top 10 Worst Roles in Mafia.
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Top 10 Worst Roles in Mafia.

I have played Mafia for a long time and I have compiled a list of the Top 10 worst roles.

Spoiler : Number 10 :
    Scumbag
    These guys are just scum.

Spoiler : Number 9 :
    Stump
    The perfect role for those tree-haters.

Spoiler : Number 8 :
    Informant
    This role is mostly used by trolls to insult other people and damage reputuations. I have never seen this role used legit before.

Spoiler : Number 7 :
    Judge
    Judge is so easy to troll with. After a Mayor or Sheriff reveals, Judge can call court and lynch them.

Spoiler : Number 6 :
    Failor
    Jailor is so trolly. So easy to jail and execute people just to troll. Its sad how many trolls abuse this role as it can benefit town if used correctly.

Spoiler : Number 5 :

Veteran
    Don't get me wrong, Veteran is a great role for people who intend to play the game. However, people can just spam the chat and expect people to try to kill you. This role is easily exploited and easy to troll with.

Still working on the rest
    Last edited by Slayer; August 9th, 2016 at 07:07 PM.

2. ISO #2

Re: Top 10 Worst Roles in Mafia.

Worst in what way?

Worst to have in game?
    Worst to play?
    Worst to have other's play?

Just "worst" is so vague.

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Kidnapper better be fucking #1 because if "always kills" is checked "off", it becomes a 0% in its current glitched state instead of the intended? only escapes if immune or healed.

The actual worst role is judge. If a judge has two courts no town can ever win a game EVER. Two courts means the town government cant reveal or is instantly lynched, the judge claims odd or even at night and becomes night immune barring a vigi shoots a ~1/7. Mafia leaves a deathnote and at a minimum is guaranteed to control 2 lynches which equals on average Kill, lynch, Kill, lynch, Kill, town loses majority on average without factoring in any other sk/jailor type thing.

Stump is also a bad role because the game is supposed to rely somewhat on vote logic, and in public games with new players it is hard to even get town to vote. Having dead weight can make lynches hard if the evils are conservative in voting the perceived other evil factions.

Judge nerf plz.

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by PLZLEAVEDUCKK View Post
    Kidnapper better be fucking #1 because if "always kills" is checked "off", it becomes a 0% in its current glitched state instead of the intended? only escapes if immune or healed.

The actual worst role is judge. If a judge has two courts no town can ever win a game EVER. Two courts means the town government cant reveal or is instantly lynched, the judge claims odd or even at night and becomes night immune barring a vigi shoots a ~1/7. Mafia leaves a deathnote and at a minimum is guaranteed to control 2 lynches which equals on average Kill, lynch, Kill, lynch, Kill, town loses majority on average without factoring in any other sk/jailor type thing.

Stump is also a bad role because the game is supposed to rely somewhat on vote logic, and in public games with new players it is hard to even get town to vote. Having dead weight can make lynches hard if the evils are conservative in voting the perceived other evil factions.

Judge nerf plz.
    Judge op, Judge Dredd op b)o.o)/

v)o.o)^
    A rare Yuki in ultimate form

Yukitaka Oni ~Tafkal Hit Squad Member~

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

I am completely unaware of what Veteran is/does. Could you explain it?
    Mafia Record:
    Spoiler : On Site/Universal Total :
    ..Total: 5/9 = 55.6% | 61/104 = 58.3%..
    ...Town: 3/5 = 60% | 42/76 = 55.3%...
    ....Mafia: 0/2 = 0% | 14/23 = 60.9%....
    .....3P: 1/1 = 100% | 3P: 3/5 = 60%.....
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by Quick View Post
    I am completely unaware of what Veteran is/does. Could you explain it?
    If they go on alert it basically kills anyone who visits it.

Stump and Scumbag aren't even used in setups anymore.

Informant is almost always used legit when I play. It's there for people to steal someone's identity and to try to become the person they are disguising as. Not sure why it sucks.

Judge isn't powered. Mayor can counter Judge as well as Vigilante and the town itself. I have seen many games where the town manages to tally up enough votes to Randomly lynch someone other then the government. If somebody puts two courts in, chances are an evil could be lynched or have the court countered. It really depends a lot on what the setup is for Judge.

Why Veteran? Why Jailor? Sure, jailors sometimes suck at choosing correct targets and sure, Veterans kill towns but that's how it works. There are games where vet and Jailor will do really well, and some poorly. Don't think they are bad roles, but more of who uses it and how they use it.

Meh, don't feel there are any bad roles. Kidnapper needs a change though. Open for debate I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    If they go on alert it basically kills anyone who visits it.

Stump and Scumbag aren't even used in setups anymore.

Informant is almost always used legit when I play. It's there for people to steal someone's identity and to try to become the person they are disguising as. Not sure why it sucks.

Judge isn't powered. Mayor can counter Judge as well as Vigilante and the town itself. I have seen many games where the town manages to tally up enough votes to Randomly lynch someone other then the government. If somebody puts two courts in, chances are an evil could be lynched or have the court countered. It really depends a lot on what the setup is for Judge.

Why Veteran? Why Jailor? Sure, jailors sometimes suck at choosing correct targets and sure, Veterans kill towns but that's how it works. There are games where vet and Jailor will do really well, and some poorly. Don't think they are bad roles, but more of who uses it and how they use it.

Meh, don't feel there are any bad roles. Kidnapper needs a change though. Open for debate I guess.
    Mayor reveals, judge instantly courts and the evils know who to vote, thus their votes will hammer instantly. Judge + 3 triad will always be enough votes. Judge also has a special chat command making it easy to communicate while the mayor can get drowned out by 3 triad throwing the town off.

Triad is told to kill odds or evens, meaning the vigilante will have to have a 1/7, perhaps 1/6, never better than a 1/5? of hitting the judge.

An evil will NEVER be lynched by a court. The judge being out there is a deterrent for any TPR to take action. A confirmed vet can not out and say "pm me roles", town gov can not reveal or they instantly die. This prevents town from getting coordinated lynches, and if someone steps up, they get taken out instantly.

Town's ONLY chance is a very proactive day1 jailor who gets a good jail and execute. Maybe a serial killer killing the triad support/deception, but that does not really fall under the context of whether or not the judge itself is balanced.

10. ISO #10

Mayor reveals, judge instantly courts and the evils know who to vote, thus their votes will hammer instantly. Judge + 3 triad will always be enough votes. Judge also has a special chat command making it easy to communicate while the mayor can get drowned out by 3 triad throwing the town off.

Triad is told to kill odds or evens, meaning the vigilante will have to have a 1/7, perhaps 1/6, never better than a 1/5? of hitting the judge.

An evil will NEVER be lynched by a court. The judge being out there is a deterrent for any TPR to take action. A confirmed vet can not out and say "pm me roles", town gov can not reveal or they instantly die. This prevents town from getting coordinated lynches, and if someone steps up, they get taken out instantly.

Town's ONLY chance is a very proactive day1 jailor who gets a good jail and execute. Maybe a serial killer killing the triad support/deception, but that does not really fall under the context of whether or not the judge itself is balanced.
    I've played enough games to know that the Town wins more often with mayors then having the mayor lynched. This doesn't feel like a problem and I don't see it happen often.

Triads don't always listen, especially with a crier. It's more expected for them to want to kill based on who should be killed rather than listening to judge (or crier depending on setup)

If no towns are confirmed, what makes you so sure a evil can't be lynched? Sure Msybe not often but it does happen and I see it sometimes (especially with Marshalls).

Judge has to do what any other role has to do: win. If the judge lives to the end and uses his court, it's a justified win. That doesn't mean it's not balanced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

11. ISO #11

The problem is not the judge role, it's the setup. People simply make bad setups where the judge has 4 votes and 2 courts.
    I like putting it at 2 votes and 2 courts, that way the judge has to reveal during a time that would best benefit himself/let him live to the end.
    If the judge has the first option enabled, he can essentially dayvig + no lynch

I've been lynched by judge when I made a play as scum, and I've lynched triads and mafias making plays..
    My opinion is that judge is a great role that's a lot of fun to play as when he is set-up accordingly.

Your second line in that paragraph highlights the role that is the worst, the vet.
    95% of the time vet can just claim before flips that he killed x amount of people, people pm him roles and now he is invulnerable innocent child for two days.

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I've played enough games to know that the Town wins more often with mayors then having the mayor lynched. This doesn't feel like a problem and I don't see it happen often.

Triads don't always listen, especially with a crier. It's more expected for them to want to kill based on who should be killed rather than listening to judge (or crier depending on setup)

If no towns are confirmed, what makes you so sure a evil can't be lynched? Sure Msybe not often but it does happen and I see it sometimes (especially with Marshalls).

Judge has to do what any other role has to do: win. If the judge lives to the end and uses his court, it's a justified win. That doesn't mean it's not balanced.
    My main concern is that a 4 vote 2 court judge makes it so that towns cant really do anything without getting instantly lynched. If a sheriff claims a red check, they get courted, if town government wants to reveal they will get courted and the evils get control over the day and the night.

I agree with everything secondpassing posted, it is more of a setup issue that people do not adjust properly. 1 court or a nerfed vote judge is a good role in that it allows town to grammar hunt, much like a spy. It also allows the judge to remove roles like vet that are confirmed and unable to be killed.

13. ISO #13

We will be removing all of these roles in the next update. Thanks for your feedback.
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    We will be removing all of these roles in the next update. Thanks for your feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukitaka Oni View Post
    4 real v(O.o(v ?!?!?
    ofc not, updates don't happen anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

16. ISO #16

Citizen better not be on this list..

Trill ass niggas prefer citizen
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

17. ISO #17

Citizen is one of my favorite roles.

Marshall is a bad role in my opinion. Unlike Mayor, you have only 2 days (1 depending on settings) to be useful with your group executions. You also can make mistakes as many times as you are allowed to lynch. It puts a lot of pressure on Marshall's to get it right and know who is lying and who is not. With Mayor you're not limited to the normal lynching period to make a decision.

I disagree about Informant/Disguiser being a troll role. It can be used to great effect, it just isn't used to its full potential too often. Mostly people just disguise to get a kill with no plan after that.