New mini game idea
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

New mini game idea

So roulette is awesome and all but I have come up with a new mini game for the dead people: Guess who dies tonight. So basically every night you can put certain amounts of points into a number you think will die and if that # dies then you win, pretty simple.

Also on this thread I would like to propose the idea that 1 gamethrow per 50 games is acceptable. Which I think is totally reasonable.
    Last edited by marinebase7; January 18th, 2016 at 07:17 PM.

2. ISO #2

Re: New mini game idea

It would have to be zero-sum like roulette to work though (i.e. if everyone wins then nobody makes a profit, and if there are both winners and losers then the losers pay off the winners). And if everyone is wrong then everyone gets their points back and nobody wins or loses any points. Otherwise people would only bet when it's obvious who the mafia are going to kill next and make a profit.

And if you want to throw, do it in a private game with 14 friends.

My personal opinion on game-throwing is that if you're not on a team and throwing isn't unfair to any particular side, then I wouldn't really mind. Such as if you're serial killer, and all the mafia and neutrals are dead and it's only yourself vs. 6 town, if you decide to give up and let town win that's reasonable. Same goes for letting someone else win if you know you lost (such as if you're the last town-sided player and don't have a role that can eliminate the bad guys). Or if you're jester and ask mafia/vig to kill you for the lulz, it doesn't really screw the game for anyone else, although it starts to get a little borderline (although it could also be a legitimate WIFOM strategy to make the mafia think you're vet or make town think you're mm and thus not kill you at night).

What's really borderline for me is if you throwing or giving up makes it almost impossible for a certain side to win when they would have had at least some chance. So say you're SK and the mafia is winning (say, 4 town vs 3 mafia along with yourself). You have a chance to win by killing a mafia (making it 3-2 after mafia kill), then siding with town to lynch a mafia (3-1), then the next day it's 1-1 (or 2-1 if you hit the same guy as GF or GF hits you) and you try to get the town player to side with you to win. And town still has a chance too (say if you mess up and hit GF and GF hits you or there's a doc save so it's 3-1-1 and town lynches both of you). But if you decide to kill the confirmed town and vote with the mafia to make it a sure mafia win at the expense of both yourself and the town, it's kind of unfair to town.

Where it starts to really cross the line is if you can win with another faction (such as if you throw as a witch), and the worst is when you're part of a faction (town, mafia, triad, or cult) and you straight-up throw the game. That's when you're likely to get reported.

To be safe, always play to win unless you know you have zero chance of winning (such as if you're the last town player and you're a role that has no chance to win alone, such as an investigative role). Playing to lose is technically against the rules regardless of the situation.
    Last edited by mathchamp; January 18th, 2016 at 09:20 PM.

3. ISO #3

Quote Originally Posted by mathchamp View Post
    stuff about gamethrowing
    No. Unless you play against your wincon while being part of a team, there's no gamethrowing.
    A Jailor executing a confirmed Mayor "for the lulz" is gamethrowing, an Arsonist who decides that he'll only douse and burn Mafia suspects is not.

Being able to win with another faction is irrelevant; you're there to achieve your team's win condition, or to simply have fun, if you don't havce a team. If your team consists of yourself and nobody else, you are in no way forced to make the game easier for others, regardless of whether you can win with them or not.

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by Sen View Post
    No. Unless you play against your wincon while being part of a team, there's no gamethrowing.
    A Jailor executing a confirmed Mayor "for the lulz" is gamethrowing, an Arsonist who decides that he'll only douse and burn Mafia suspects is not.

Being able to win with another faction is irrelevant; you're there to achieve your team's win condition, or to simply have fun, if you don't havce a team. If your team consists of yourself and nobody else, you are in no way forced to make the game easier for others, regardless of whether you can win with them or not.
    That's why I said it's borderline. Some might consider it okay, while others might consider it as a throw.

Although if you're a witch and you use your night action to make the GF kill the rest of the mafia and get the GF and yourself lynched so town wins, that's pretty much throwing. But if you're a witch and you decide to control GF to dick over the mafia with the plan to get a solo win, that's perfectly acceptable. If your plan fails and gets you killed by town and town wins, then you don't get punished since you were at least trying to win (even if in a way that may be harder than winning with the mafia). If you make GF kill both mafia, claim a town PR and get GF lynched in the hopes that town will trust you until you get a solo win, that's also okay, even if it backfires and town figures it out right away. If you make GF kill both mafia, push for GF lynch, and then commit suicide so that town will win, then it's probably reportable since you weren't trying to win in that case.

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by marinebase7 View Post

1)
    So roulette is awesome and all but I have come up with a new mini game for the dead people: Guess who dies tonight. So basically every night you can put certain amounts of points into a number you think will die and if that # dies then you win, pretty simple.

2)
    Also on this thread I would like to propose the idea that 1 gamethrow per 50 games is acceptable. Which I think is totally reasonable.
    1) No.

Game proposed is open to cheating and increases skyping motive.

Side note.

I requested a plethora of badass mini-games, but the point remains:
    People already suicide to play roulette. There should be no added 'incentive' to die.

2) No.

Game Throwing, cheating, rule breaking will always carry zero-tolerance punishment.

One person can ruin 14 others' experiences.

Don't be selfish. Be kind, think of others.

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

No. If you are not part of a team, there's no gamethrow. Simple as that.
    And it doesn't matter if some random thinks it's gamethrow. It isn't, and thus you cannot be punished for doing it.
    FFS. We discuss this in staff all the time. And the conclusion reaches:

Yes Neutrals can gamethrow, but its all depends on the situation.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

8. ISO #8

And there will never be any more mini-games in mafia. That is a set rule we have.
    (People want to die more, we dont have an active developer to add anything, it, in the end, is mafia game)
    There are plenty of other games on Arcade for you needs.

BUT. If you are interested with new mechanics, rules and strange and weird games.
    TRY FORUM MAFIA <3
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

According to this, the only neutrals who can gamethrow are Cultists, since they are part of a team.

We have learnt since then.

And it comes down to something along the lines of: i'll just copy and paste you all our staff topics on the issue.
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    And there will never be any more mini-games in mafia. That is a set rule we have.
    (People want to die more, we dont have an active developer to add anything, it, in the end, is mafia game)
    There are plenty of other games on Arcade for you needs.

BUT. If you are interested with new mechanics, rules and strange and weird games.
    TRY FORUM MAFIA <3
    Wow blatant disregard for new exciting ideas and shameless plugging of shit content. This is why we can't have nice things anymore.

Also I don't see why 1 gamethrow per 50 games is such a big deal. I mean I unintentionally do that out of habit which really isn't even my fault I was born this way.
    Fine make it 1 gamethrow per 100 games.

12. ISO #12