S-FM 347: Lazzy (signups)
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

S-FM 347: Lazzy (signups)

game's called lazzy (except the sheriff retires after a mafia dies - see here)

im too lazy to write this up and title the game proper so just deal with it and signup

end of days are at 8 pm EST, in the event of hammer it'll be processed the next time it is 8 pm EST

game starts a few days after signups fill, and in order to spend even less time on this I will also be sending out roles only when d1 starts

players 6/6 (FM-Mabel Pines, Ikar, Oliverz, Trout, Varcron, Stealth)
    subs 2/??? (Marshmallow, loldebite, )

for legal reasons I will be doing the bare minimum of host responsibilities and expectations possible without any unnecessary negative effect on game experience (ex: rule enforcement, provision of ISO/EoD links, too lazy to list anything else)
    Last edited by MartinGG99; December 10th, 2022 at 01:13 AM. Reason: forgot to swap in Mabel Pines
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

2. ISO #2

Re: Lazzy

I'm too lazy to sign up, so I'll only /reserve for now - might change later or if necessary
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

3. ISO #3

Re: Lazzy

@ikarusdk I believe you wanted to get in a game ^^ this is a nightless game, so you should be thoroughly satisfied with constant action
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Re: Lazzy (signups)

@Lumi
    @ikarusdk
    @Marshmallow Marshall
    @oliverz144

Everyone, I have important news! Reports have come in that the previous Lazy Town Sheriff was fired for...uh...

*shifts through papers*

Did they forget to write it down?

*ahem*

Never-mind the specific reason, it was probably just laziness. In lieu of needing a new sheriff, and in efforts to improve the laziness efficiency of the hiring process, everyone in the town has been granted the office of Lazy Town Sheriff. Apparently even including some random guy we didn't even realize was here. Congratulations!

Oh and all the mafia are considered Lazy Mafia Godfathers. I wholeheartedly promise that this is a gesture of good will and fair compensation toward everyone, and most certainly not a change to further cut down on the amount of work that the Role DM/PM's need.

Spoiler : non-flavored explanation :

Turns out nobody cared to discover that this setup has 50% winrate for town if they just RNG votes onto non-confirmed people LOL.

Given that balance has to account for efforts to increase likelihood of winning, its the majority opinion that leaving this as-is would give Town an imbalanced win-rate. Making every town the same role and adding another town slot fixes this (makes it like 42.8% winrate instead) and avoids giving wolves an unfair advantage.

The changing of towns into Sheriffs and mafia into Godfathers is a joke per the flavor, but I seriously will send out role PM/DM's with those role names.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    Turns out nobody cared to discover that this setup has 50% winrate for town if they just RNG votes onto non-confirmed people LOL.
    Funny thing... I remember reading the setup back in 2016 and did realize that it was unbalanced because of the sheriff d1 claim either makes him lynch proof or forces a 1v1 with one of the mafia.

I was just too lazy to say anything.

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

If the game starts after the 5th I might be able to use the effort to /sign

Until then I'm too lazy to be bothered, so /reserve for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    I feel like I'm watching a horror movie and the protag. group is exploring an old house or something and everything is super quiet, but you know something bad is about to happen. Mafia man is about to come out from behind the basement furnace and gun down varcron right in front of me. And there will be nothing I can do.

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by Trout View Post
    /sign
    Hmm, there is something fishy with this slot...

hi

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

Quote Originally Posted by Trout View Post
    I don't sea what you mean
    I like you very much already.

Especially with tartar sauce.

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    /sign
    you still need one more?
    Where did you come from? How did you find this site?

Your account was created just today. Are you a friend of Trout or something?

Sorry about all these questions, but sometimes in the past there have been former players who broke rules, got banned, and then tried to circumvent the system by creating new site accounts.

Alternatively, for all I know, someone could be making multiple accounts here to fill up the game.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

I wanted to play mafia so I found a site that will host it. I'll be a good player, I swear
    *squint*

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=forum+mafia

You'd have to either jump through a number of links or search for this site by name or something like that in order to find this site first.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

if you don't trust me then I won't join
    If I don't trust you on some level, I don't add you to the list of signs.

I won't be doing that unless I find (or am shown) evidence showing or strongly implying the conclusion that you're probably not an account created to circumvent moderator action.
    Last edited by MartinGG99; December 3rd, 2022 at 12:54 PM. Reason: clarity
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

anyways what can I do to prove myself for next time?
    That, you should be asking yourself. It's up to you to figure out what you could do to convince people you're real.

I also have zero inclination of continuing to spoon-feed (or even converse with) you since you clearly didn't read the 2nd line of my last post, which answers your question here as well.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

27. ISO #27

I did read your second line, and I've asked what I can do to prove myself because a person trying to evade a ban can say anything a genuine newcomer can say. I don't know what you're looking for in a "trustworthy" player, but know one thing, I'm not playing in any of your games now. I hope all mods aren't like this

28. ISO #28

This is funny because:

1. Erroneous belief about the limits of proving oneself
    2. Terrible attempt to attack my reputation
    3. If we take what your reasoning as absolute truth, how tf do you enjoy (much less succeed in playing) social deception games exactly like the one you're trying to sign up to lmao
    Last edited by MartinGG99; December 3rd, 2022 at 02:45 PM. Reason: clarity
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

29. ISO #29

In case this hasn't been made clear, as I've been asked in private:

Some people I put onto the list without asking questions because I do my own research into them, and find good evidence/reasoning as to why they're probably not a ban-evader. Such happened with Trout. Sterling by contrast, didn't have any sort of seemingly genuine reason or evidence for being here or for not being a fake account. I mean, they didn't even join our discord server (which is linked on the main website page to the right of the news/information section) lol. Edit: Not that simply joining the discord server gets you a free pass -- there are other factors as fake discord accounts can be easily created as well, but it is a step in the right direction.
    Last edited by MartinGG99; December 4th, 2022 at 06:43 AM.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

30. ISO #30

31. ISO #31

32. ISO #32

Quote Originally Posted by Yayap View Post
    -vote TroutHunter

just to start a counter wagon
    -vote Sterling

Might be open to chopping Trout Hunter too depending on PM's.

It was my mistake earlier to presume they knew Trout and Trout knew them. The laziness had occurred in me at a deeper level than I originally anticipated, probably because I was (unironically) lazy. But, alas, there still remain some possible explanations for them not also being a ban evader (or even a duplicate account of Sterling, for all we know lol) depending on what they say and/or what evidence they have to point to.

Edit: If Trout Hunter does seem to be a genuine player though, then outside of me just clearing their name I will leave it up to them to post whatever they said or have publicly if they wish to.

Edit 2: Removed Trout Hunter for lack of activity / concern. Probably a duplicate account of Sterling (or sterling a duplicate account of theirs) imo.

Edit 3: If you're reading this in the future, Trout Hunter was re-added and then removed again later on.
    Last edited by MartinGG99; December 9th, 2022 at 08:18 PM. Reason: feaking millers
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

33. ISO #33

-vote Sterling

I was going to explain why I voted him

But I couldn't be bothered to use my brain.
    I feel like I'm watching a horror movie and the protag. group is exploring an old house or something and everything is super quiet, but you know something bad is about to happen. Mafia man is about to come out from behind the basement furnace and gun down varcron right in front of me. And there will be nothing I can do.

34. ISO #34

@TroutHunter has verified their identity to me, and seeing nothing suspicious about them, they're back on the signups list. They just thought it would be funny to name themselves Trout Hunter.

EDIT: lol no
    Last edited by MartinGG99; December 9th, 2022 at 08:16 PM. Reason: freaking millers
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

35. ISO #35

36. ISO #36

37. ISO #37

38. ISO #38

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    i am now available to /sign
    pog

In my laziness I say that we lynch him before the game starts.

39. ISO #39

Lazzy has filled! It'll begin on Tuesday, December 13th, at 8PM EST (countdown here), and will occur in this game thread here. Please post here to acknowledge the start time, as not acknowledging this by the game's start time will likely lead to being replaced swiftly on the first day phase. Everyone will receive their role PM at game start.

Since we have newer folks as part of the game, I want to emphasize that you may reach out to me for any questions about Forum Mafia either via site PM or by discord (MartinGG99#6510; I am also in our FM discord server here). I also want to emphasize the following Forum Mafia rules and things:

1. You should be making at least five posts per day phase, contrary to the lazy theme of this game. On the plus side, I am too lazy to care if your posts contribute to the game's discussions or not.
    2. Remember that the grim reaper demands a death per day phase, and on day 1 if you want to be extra lazy you can manage to hammer with just 3 votes (instead of 4).
    3. Please don't edit or delete posts in the game thread. Technically staff (including me) can see the changes made in an edited post, but it would be a major hassle to check and monitor many edited posts. An accident or two is fine, intentionally ignoring my warnings about it is not.
    4. In the off-chance you're going to be very invested into this, general reminder to not personally attack people. Its fine to criticize play, but it is not okay to strongly or repeatedly offend people.
    5. Yell at me if I am so lazy that I forget this game does not have night phases, especially since there's nothing to do in a night phase (likely won't happen but given the low level of input by me I may autopilot into that).

Edit: It does not say mafia have a private chat (it does say that Martin you fool); almost all games do to some extent such that it would probably nerf the mafia to not add it. I'll be creating a discord server for the mafia buds to communicate if they want to. If you don't know what Discord is, now would be a good time to figure out what that is.

Oh and since I'm getting a bit busy IRL in the upcoming week or two, if there is a hammer there may be a one-day adjustment and I will give notice as soon as I am aware (instead of processing it the next time it is 8PM EST, I would do it the IRL day after that instead).

Signs/In's
    @Lumi
    @ikarusdk
    @oliverz144
    @Trout
    @TroutHunter
    @Varcron
    @Stealthbomber16

Reserves
    @Marshmallow Marshall
    @Loldebite
    Last edited by MartinGG99; December 9th, 2022 at 08:16 PM. Reason: freaking millers
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

40. ISO #40

41. ISO #41

a few players decided to acknowledge the game's start time by other means

that's also ok so long as I know, I was too lazy to accurately anticipate what would be most convenient for people to notify me that they're aware
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

42. ISO #42

43. ISO #43

Pro tip: If you're going to go great lengths to fool and deceive a FM host, don't be so dumb as to create two separate discord accounts in two servers to represent one person (especially when you just don't mention it at all lmao)

@TroutHunter has been yeeted from the list and banished from the lazyrealm and into the shadowrealm. They were a mafia miller.

Additionally, upon a private request and consideration that this game has been in signups for awhile: we will go with original setup except the Sheriff will automatically retire after realizing catching two mafia is too much work, so they'll just catch one. This changes the pure RNG winrate towards Mafia's favor, but ideally the new setup shouldn't be as imbalanced as making no changes to the original setup.

Oh and on an unrelated note

@Lumi has been replaced with @FM-Mabel Pines

Spoiler : remaining pings :
    Last edited by MartinGG99; December 9th, 2022 at 08:18 PM.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

44. ISO #44

45. ISO #45

46. ISO #46

Start time also acknowledged

47. ISO #47

48. ISO #48