Stop the trolls.
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Angry Stop the trolls.

I am sick of fucking trolls and the fact that i cannot do anything to stop them. There are no admins playing, at least not when i am, there is no way to kick players out of the lobby and there is no way to kick them out of the game. For example people like Quebec are all the time in the game... I check every few hours and they are always there going to games spamming, picking troll save, lagging the game somehow and always revealing whoever is part of the mafia or the triad. Please do something about it because i really enjoy the game in general, but i can't play it anymore. Either add kick command or start banning them by I.P. yourselves. They just keep making new accounts, no matter what happens. at least 50 people can back me up on this, and since blizzard isn't doing anything i expect you to do it.
    Thank you in advance.

2. ISO #2

Re: Stop the trolls.

We can't ban by IP, only by bank. We can only ban a person via processing reports, and banning that account. Afterwards, the player is free to make a new account. I don't know you expect us to do about it when the problem lies within Blizzard's system.

Quebec sounds a lot like No-life-necrofag, so hopefully someone catches him in game soon. I have been playing a lot lately, so I'll see if I can solve this specific problem soon. However, that still doesn't change the fact that he's just able to make a new account. =/

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Spody this has been brought up so many times ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    i don't think I have personally ever ran into a troll on sc2mafia. But I have run into admins!
    Whats the difference!?!?!?!?

In all seriousness, we are working on getting these guys. The problem is that they know who the admins are and will not join a game with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    You should be priviledged to experience bestmas.

"waah the screen is shaking, waah my delicate eyes".

Fuck sake.

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

What if a team of volunteers is made whose specific job would be to look out for trolls and other unwanted players?

Whenever they see one, they would post their details in some private thread so that they can be banned.

Additionally, they would have access to a kick command to kick known trolls at the setup phase of the game.

Also maybe add a special message for each such player in the game. Like "Bob is a Watcher." That should discourage at least some people from trolling in that game, if they were going to otherwise. (Or maybe leave the Watchers anonymous. So that if the trolls make a new account, they would not know who they need to NOT troll around.)
    Last edited by SpiritFryer; July 11th, 2014 at 01:34 AM.
    This statement is false. Or.. Is it..? Actually, I think it is the following statement that is false. Also, the preceding statement is true. u wot m8?

If you aren't mindqf'd enough yet, go and try to solve THIS.

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritFryer View Post
    What if a team of volunteers is made whose specific job would be to look out for trolls and other unwanted players?

Whenever they see one, they would post their details in some private thread so that they can be banned.

Additionally, they would have access to a kick command to kick known trolls at the setup phase of the game.

Also maybe add a special message for each such player in the game. Like "Bob is a Watcher." That should discourage at least some people from trolling in that game, if they were going to otherwise.
    these are moderators/admins
    Spoiler : Orpz FM History :

FM17 - Won, FM18 - Won, FM19 - Won ,FM20 - Loss, FM21 - Won, MVP, FM22 - Host Canceled, FM23 - Won, FM24 - Hosted, FM25 - Won, FM26 - Loss

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    these are moderators/admins
    Feels like there aren't enough.

That's why I suggested this.

But yea, basically moderators with minimum privileges so you can have many of them.
    This statement is false. Or.. Is it..? Actually, I think it is the following statement that is false. Also, the preceding statement is true. u wot m8?

10. ISO #10

Feels like there aren't enough.

That's why I suggested this.

But yea, basically moderators with minimum privileges so you can have many of them.
    When it comes to moderation we need a pyramid system.

Admins (low amount, high power)
    Moderators (slightly higher amount, less power)
    Watchers (Base amount, very low amount of power)
    Players (So fucking many, least power (at least they can kick))
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    fucketh me in the ass

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by Mugy View Post
    You guys do realise you can kick at the begining of games, right...?
    How? Can't you only kick "kick-listed" players?

https://wiki.sc2mafia.com/Punishment#Kick-Vote_List

So far not a single troll I met was kick-listed. We once had to instaquit multiple times in a row because a troll was in the game and we didn't want to start with him there. (He was playing with multiple accounts at the same time, in the same game, which gave him so much more trolling power.)

The purpose of these Watchers would be to report unwanted players, and kick them while they aren't appropriately punished yet.
    Last edited by SpiritFryer; July 11th, 2014 at 11:37 AM.

13. ISO #13

But you can already report unwanted players, and you can't kick someone from every game if they only have done an offense to put them on-hold or on watchlist. And if you're wanting to kick someone from an on-going game, then the game is obviously already ruined anyways. So, might as well just report the person so it goes on record.

14. ISO #14

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    But you can already report unwanted players, and you can't kick someone from every game if they only have done an offense to put them on-hold or on watchlist. And if you're wanting to kick someone from an on-going game, then the game is obviously already ruined anyways. So, might as well just report the person so it goes on record.
    Nah, not from ongoing game, but rather at the start (in the setup phase). How about a kick vote? So if the majority of the players agree, then someone would be kicked?

15. ISO #15

Nah, not from ongoing game, but rather at the start (in the setup phase). How about a kick vote? So if the majority of the players agree, then someone would be kicked?
    This is already true unless there is a moderator in game. I really don't understand why he isn't kicked from more games.

Also, this has been updated. We decided to scrap kick-vote list entirely due to the new kick system. Where have you been Crypt? T.T xD
    Last edited by AppleyNO; July 11th, 2014 at 12:32 PM.

Fuck sake.

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

I didn't know that, but I... I also never mentioned kick-vote list? lol You guys should probably makes posts when this is updated! lol
    xD I figured if you knew you would have told Spirit. I'll announce it now, then. Better late than never >.>.

BTW ALL, KICK VOTE LIST IS NO LONGER A THING

Fuck sake.

18. ISO #18

Quote Originally Posted by AppleyNO View Post
    xD I figured if you knew you would have told Spirit. I'll announce it now, then. Better late than never >.>.

BTW ALL, KICK VOTE LIST IS NO LONGER A THING
    I noticed when I looked for reports...

I miss finding the different colors.
    fucketh me in the ass

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    I occasionally still play, run into them, and instantly ban them from the game when i recognize them :P
    Can donors ban these trolls? I mean I play mafia religiously like every day. I've run into Helz a lot lately but haven't seen appley in a while. I know it's really difficult for the team to take care of the trolls since arcade accounts are free and anyone and their brother can make one.

I tried the -kick system but it wouldn't work or initiate for me. I really would like to find out how to be able to ban the spammers, throwers-mute isn't enough when someone goes

I'M DRAGONHEAD 13 IS SILENCER 14 IS INFORMANT

*Has given up on life*

I join about 5-10 different games a night, but the people keep throwing, and or pause spamming etc. Is there any way to become like a member of the nights watch and watch the wall by being a Mafia Soldier? I mean I would love to have the ability to fill an application out, have an interview, and be granted privileges like that because it does ruin the game.

Blizzard however, it sucks that we can't kick people out of the lobby, and I know that's nothing you can control. I loved that about SCBW.

22. ISO #22

what If I lied? I should take advantage of dis.

"I'm dragon head! 13 and 15 are My BoyZ!"

Town lynched 13, jailor.
    Town lynched 15, sheriff.

..Oh wait I forget that town are actually smarty pants. Haha.

Anyway, it is the internet community, not an in house secret society. If you think the world is wrong then pay some more money to the police force and behave yourself.

I'd hopped donner to have the power to temp ban players though.

5 dollor to ban a player for 1 day, once per week, the power last 1 month.

Sorta.
    Last edited by louiswill; July 13th, 2014 at 11:38 AM.
    When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

23. ISO #23

Quote Originally Posted by louiswill View Post
    I'd hopped donner to have the power to temp ban players though.

5 dollor to ban a player for 1 day, once per week, the power last 1 month.

Sorta.
    Rofl

24. ISO #24

It just saddens me, but that's the internet for you. You can sit behind the screen and ruin the game for 11-13 other people because you don't see them face to face. There is no fear of being punched in the face. Mafia in my opinion is enjoyable. I play it for 2-3 hours a day 7 days a week. It just saddens me when i log in and see the people you know who will throw and be right 100% of the time. The games then become pointless since it takes the fun out of finding who's who etc. I've been a victim on the team of montreal (who has made a new account called baconsalt) and quebec that come in get the save and make an ALL cit save then leave, then causes everyone else to quit. Or you get those people that toss the save back and fourth which causes people to leave, xyz has the save, abc has the save, xyz has the save, abc has the save. I mean I can report all I want, and then you would have more hard evidence, but we need foot soldiers. It's hard because you wouldn't know who to trust that would ban people just to ban people (I.E. they lost a game to someone so they see them next game and ban them for beating them)

At the end of the day It ruins the game for not just me but everyone else. Which is why I believe donors should have the ability to "save the day" so to speak. I'd be an enforcer for Mafia. I enjoy it, I'm on quiet frequently when the trolls are on. That would be worth donating for. The vote kick option doesn't work either that or I'm doing something wrong.

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral View Post
    Do you hear that? It's the sound of mad.
    TBH, when I get home after a long day, the last thing I want to deal with is a 20-something Canadian virgin and his online trolls.

Fuck sake.

29. ISO #29

30. ISO #30

31. ISO #31

Quote Originally Posted by Mugy View Post
    You guys do realise you can kick at the begining of games, right...?
    This issue is this guy plays with other people. At this very moment every game you try to go in goes like this. Game Paused. Game Resumed. Game Paused. Game Resumed. Game Paused. Game Resumed. Game Paused. Game Resumed. (Hes got 3 friends). After that they repick somebody else and to a save that glitches to all citizens. Cant get people to vote to kick fast enough and since hes controlling 1/3 of the total field of players its difficult.
    I dont know how to fix it but They will literally make it unplayable for hours at a time.
    Last edited by Clint; July 15th, 2014 at 08:53 PM.

32. ISO #32

I suggest, you also press your game pause/resume really quick.

That is how I deal with them back in old time.

After finish my three pauses, I get all resume power.
    When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

33. ISO #33

34. ISO #34

I feel like leaver notification should be taken out at the setup phase.

Big bold red text saying someone left, accompanied by a sound effect, entices too many noobs to leave train.

So wait if we're 12? We can still have a damn fun game.

Yesterday I literally had to leave the game 5 times in a row because everyone left after someone started a leave train over 2-3 people leaving. Dafuq...

Of course people can still find out how many left by looking at the setup roles list, but that bold red text and sound effect just tempt people and they can't sit down on their butts. CHOO CHOO, ALL ABOARD! THE TRAIN IS LEAVING!

Of course this is nothing compared to how troll groups can disable the game.

So why is there a kick from lobby button if it's not functional? SC2 lobby sucks balls man... I miss WC3 days.

35. ISO #35

Well, TBH.... So far I haven't seen anyone who uses the -kick ______ even though I have tried maybe cause they are noob /don't know etc.... maybe announce that more?? As far as "quebec " goes Yes it is necro, Necro's thing is to -prefer mafia, spam mafia players, leave , do it again. Well I don't really see a way to stop it... Personally I have tried making reports as much as I can.
    @appley I would volunteer to be a "watcher or whatever would stop necro, or his friends, and tafakl, and throw clan/ 7 gram, jihad clan.
    people once said that Firebringer played legit for example

36. ISO #36

What about the report function? There is no reply message. It would be much easier if everyone got a -report # function that actually worked where every report is checked and abuse of the report button gets vigorously punished. Or we implement the watchers with this one special priviledge and something like "Loss of Watcher Status" and a 1-Week Ban for abusing the report (not using it for minor things, ABUSING it. e.g. You are jailed. Towards jailor: I am Watcher; you exe me I report you. You get banned)
    Obviously reports get checked and dont result in bans immediately.

Watchers should be declared at the start of the game in somehow, cause it is better if the community improves, rather than banning players. The psychological effect of having an admin ingame is massive, a watcher should do work too

37. ISO #37

Afterwards, the player is free to make a new account. I don't know you expect us to do about it when the problem lies within Blizzard's system.

well im just guessing here so dont get upset.

this is arcade, custom made games, like this one is made by DR himself. if he can create a easier way of blocking people out of the game wich other people has. by just having admin rights inside the game and you could kick them in an instant. did you want sc2 to make something similar? otherwise i dont see why u blame blizzard.

you manually add it to the mafia folder and updates it in blizzard and people then download the new version. right? (in simple words)

also you have votekick this was custom made by someone and you can download it and add it to ur arcade game. see? why not revamp so you could give someone kick options (admins) so they could just type -kick /number/ and player would be gone.

i have done servers myself and making mods for css. but i have not been in blizzard and made there, as far as i have seen there is alot of customization in blizzard's custom games, even having first person games.

also when game starts we dont know if annyone has left within the loading screen. would be nice if there was a way to fix that.
    Last edited by MasterNinja; August 7th, 2014 at 04:05 AM.