S-FM 344 (Ladder): President II - Page 10
Register

User Tag List

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #451

Re: S-FM 344 (Ladder): President II

Quote Originally Posted by FM-James Monroe View Post
    Sorry for being sort of AWOL (last day phase and the first 11 hours of this phase as well). Have been pretty busy.

Nixon seems to be a point of discussion, so I shall provide my thoughts on that topic. I don't believe Nixon has demonstrated anything overtly British. In fact, I personally find P#141, P#312, and P#318 somewhat good looks for Nixon.

141 is a good look because it's Nixon giving an independent thought rather than just going with the crowd, which in this context would be to just hard town read Washington with everyone else for basically the same reason. This is easy enough for the Brits to fake, but it is a point in his favor imo.

312 just feels like an American response. I don't quite know to explain it since it's sort of a gut read, but I'll try anyways. Best explanation that I can think of for why I feel this post is townie is that I feel a Brit would be less likely to even bother making this post. It's a townie perspective to find someone not *easy* to read, whether that be scummy or townie, and while a Brit could use "finding someone not obvious/hard to read" as an excuse for not actually having a read, I feel like given the context of the post (the post by Kennedy he's quoting was from like 90 posts prior, meaning he felt the active desire to respond to this specific post rather than it just being a "I'm responding to this because it's on the newest page"), this is just a natural response coming from someone who actually has that perspective.

318 I like because it shows a sort of natural skepticism. He could have just ignored or thanked Wilson or something that doesn't antagonize Wilson, but he chooses to question Wilson about "jumping the gun". If a British Nixon wanted to *act* skeptical on purpose to look good, I believe they would have upped the shade on Wilson here, that way he gets the point across to all the observers. But instead, it's a sort of pointless skepticism that doesn't really do anything, which I believe more likely comes from a player that lacks an agenda (or Wilson and Nixon are Brit/Brit and it was a half-hearted attempt at distancing, but I feel like that's kinda unlikely considering how Wilson is kinda associating himself a lot with Nixon, which Brits don't typically want to do).

I also like Nixon's overall relaxed attitude. First post of the game was "you really showed him there bro" in response to me saying "cool story bro" to truman, which I think is a fairly natural entrance.

I think this is likely American. Though, I wouldn't bet my life on it since this read is based on the fairly small amount of actually useful posts by Nixon.
    Sir, after examining the evidence you have provided, I must reach the conclusion you have already reached: Mr. Nixon has elements going in his favor. I especially like #318, assuming Wilson is a British turncoat, for this is absolutely not how two undercover British agents would address eachother, as you more or less already said yourself. That being said, I also share the nuance you added at the end of your statement: Nixon lacks actually useful posts, and he well could still be a British agent. I will give him a chance, and depending on Wilson's alignment, adjust my read on him.

2. ISO #452

3. ISO #453

4. ISO #454

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Theodore Roosevelt View Post
    Mr. Truman was a true American. I sincerely regret his loss. His attempt to fool the anti-American forces seems to have succeeded, and we are all thankful to him for this.

I believe it would be in our interest to publicly state who we voted for President and why. The more we make people speak their mind, the stronger our democracy is, for the more information we hold, the more are we likely to find those who seem disingenuous. I voted for JFK last night because of his general positive thread presence; he has been expressing himself in a way that looks like a genuine stream of consciousness, and the events surrounding his read on me and my own misinterpretation of his post reinforced this belief. That being said, I am still in favor of our current President, Mr. Washington.

I will await your reads, Mr. Jefferson. Thank you for your cooperation.
    I voted truman for president

5. ISO #455

6. ISO #456

7. ISO #457

I think now would be a good time for me to put my updated reads list:

Town:
    FM-Thomas Jefferson
    FM-Theodore Roosevelt (Conversation driver, very good answers when asked questions)
    FM-Lyndon B Johnson (We mindmelded early on and I believe he is still town, I have liked what he has said so far)
    FM-George Washington (Just all around towny, voted him for president yesterday)
    FM-John F. Kennedy (Drives the conversation, usually there all the time to solve and ask questions
    FM-James Madison (This is the one I’m not really sure of currently, he had a very strong BD1 but teetered off near the end)
    FM-Abraham Lincoln (His comments BD2 resonated as very strong townie vibes, contrary to his D1 performance)
    FM-James Monroe (Good analysis so far in D2 from him, I am happy putting him here because of it)
    FM-Dwight D Eisenhower (Stopped existing after his brief stint during D1, I had him under town before, and seeing as the wolves decided to try and bait people into voting me and with him scumreading me, I believe he is town.)

Null:

FM-Franklin D Roosevelt (This honorable gentleman still has barely posted)

Scum:
    FM-Woodrow Wilson ( He looks like he treads water with his posts, rather than advancing like a true American Gentleman would. His post during D1 about voting Mr. Nixon as president was also very odd, along with their dialogue.)
    FM-Richard Nixon (What has he really said? Doesn’t drive conversation, and had an incredibly odd dialogue with Mr. Wilson during D1. I’m also not a fan of his read on Lincoln from D2)

I really want my last scum to be Mr. FDR but in all likelihood one of the people that townread me D1 is likely scum. They assassinated Mr. Truman in an attempt to make the people scumreading me focus on me, which quite notably failed.

For the record I'm going to go through everyone that posted a D1 reads list and see if I can find any red flags, but that's what I have for now.

As always gentlemen, It is an honor and a pleasure to work alongside you all.

8. ISO #458

9. ISO #459

As i said earlier, i voted Eisenhower. Almost voted JFK, before deciding that putting in Eisenhower whom was an townread of mine that had less presence D1 would increase their likelihood of not just dying from an scum kill as i suspected JFK might have been if they were made president. It seems like i made the right choice.

10. ISO #460

11. ISO #461

12. ISO #462

13. ISO #463

Okay gents, I'm finally back. Lot of stuff happenin' in here so I actually forgot to elect a president. My rand landed on theodore roosevelt. I am quite happy with our president.
    I tried actualising a readslist but I can't seem to be able to do anything but parrot atm, like I somehow can't generate original thoughts or something. Weird. Guess my mind is elsewhere.
    Anyways, I'll be trying again later and hopefully things will go smoothly then.

14. ISO #464

15. ISO #465

Fellow Americans, I believe I have found an evil anti-American German scum.

But why? Also, I had asked this during the last day:

Mr. Wilson never provided me with a response, unfortunately.

This statement is vague and empty. As empty as Mr. Wilson's program, if I may add: his ISO is full of unexplained one-liners, and one is lucky if he can find a read instead of a comment saying democracy is WRONG and glorifying Chinese dictatorship.

Why let your vote rand, sir? Is that not against the best interest of America in a very obvious manner?

Why? I would like precisions on this, sir; simply saying you dislike the game state does not mean much.

What does this mean?

In general, Mr. Wilson's ISO looks a lot like those of scums I have seen on different sites, giving empty and unexplained reads in a "wise and cool" manner to make others feel like he has a thread presence and participates to the game while he actually just slides by. If he truly wanted to changed the thread state, he would step in and provide the assembly with substantial comments; instead, he is merely asking others to do what he never did himself.

-vote FM-Woodrow Wilson

While Mr. Nixon remains suspicious, I believe it is great time that Mr. Wilson sees some pressure applied upon himself - and more, if he does not redeem himself before America's watchful eyes.
    i can’t live chat when there’s 10 pages in 3 days of posting, therefore i have to chat when i can. pushing me is nonsense and you are categorizing me as scum for NAI reasons eg “acting wise and cool”

16. ISO #466

17. ISO #467

Sir, after examining the evidence you have provided, I must reach the conclusion you have already reached: Mr. Nixon has elements going in his favor. I especially like #318, assuming Wilson is a British turncoat, for this is absolutely not how two undercover British agents would address eachother, as you more or less already said yourself. That being said, I also share the nuance you added at the end of your statement: Nixon lacks actually useful posts, and he well could still be a British agent. I will give him a chance, and depending on Wilson's alignment, adjust my read on him.
    i’m literally getting preflipped, doesn’t matter to me but it will change my perception of you, that perception being you cannot live until LYLO, you are actively dangerous even if you’re town

18. ISO #468

19. ISO #469

20. ISO #470

21. ISO #471

22. ISO #472

23. ISO #473

24. ISO #474

25. ISO #475

26. ISO #476

27. ISO #477

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Abraham Lincoln View Post
    I think it stands to reason that the kill on Truman suggests mafia likely wants us to believe that Truman's scumreads were correct and that we should be suspicious of Jefferson in particular.
    Thusly i feel like Jefferson is slightly less rand!scum.
    Although it is possible that Jefferson is mafia and just had Truman killed because they were the towniest individual in the room. but in all honestly. I find that less likely.
    Very rarely do scum perform kills with the sole intention of framing someone. I find it interesting that this is not only the first conclusion you jump to, but that you find it more *likely* than British Jefferson just killing Truman.

Do you town read Jefferson or something?

28. ISO #478

29. ISO #479

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Thomas Jefferson View Post
    I
    I really want my last scum to be Mr. FDR but in all likelihood one of the people that townread me D1 is likely scum. They assassinated Mr. Truman in an attempt to make the people scumreading me focus on me, which quite notably failed.
    I absolutely do not like that you are piggy backing off of Abraham's framing argument. It feels disingenuous and like you're trying to sweep the whole thing under the rug and come out looking like you were "framed".

Truman also suspected me and FDR. Do you not think, from your PoV at least since, that Truman could possibly have been killed for having potentially 2/3rds correct scum reads?

30. ISO #480

31. ISO #481

32. ISO #482

33. ISO #483

34. ISO #484

35. ISO #485

36. ISO #486

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Woodrow Wilson View Post
    i’m literally getting preflipped, doesn’t matter to me but it will change my perception of you, that perception being you cannot live until LYLO, you are actively dangerous even if you’re town
    Instead of this pointless crap, can you explain why you townread Nixon.

37. ISO #487

i reckon the more posts someone has the more likely they’re scum, more thread control-> more chance of a mislynch. i have to look into it
    Dumbest thing i've read.
    Like yes, active scum exists. But this is literally just some ridiculous "the more posts the more likely mafia" theory that will never hold water if applied to more than 2 or 3 games.

38. ISO #488

yes, not here though
    Based on what though, these are just empty statements devoid of any meaning. You don't explain why this game in particular has active scum, you just say it does and expect us to take it at face value or something? Who is the "active scum" and why can't they be any of the inactive players?

39. ISO #489

i do reckon i’ll get pushed for anything i do, but tonight i’m gonna attempt to solve
    I was never really strongly in the belief that you were scum to begin with. But i do believe that you should clarify your statements so i can see if you actually have any substance behind the mess you are spouting.

40. ISO #490

41. ISO #491

42. ISO #492

Fellow Americans, I believe I have found an evil anti-American German scum.

But why? Also, I had asked this during the last day:

Mr. Wilson never provided me with a response, unfortunately.

This statement is vague and empty. As empty as Mr. Wilson's program, if I may add: his ISO is full of unexplained one-liners, and one is lucky if he can find a read instead of a comment saying democracy is WRONG and glorifying Chinese dictatorship.

Why let your vote rand, sir? Is that not against the best interest of America in a very obvious manner?

Why? I would like precisions on this, sir; simply saying you dislike the game state does not mean much.

What does this mean?

In general, Mr. Wilson's ISO looks a lot like those of scums I have seen on different sites, giving empty and unexplained reads in a "wise and cool" manner to make others feel like he has a thread presence and participates to the game while he actually just slides by. If he truly wanted to changed the thread state, he would step in and provide the assembly with substantial comments; instead, he is merely asking others to do what he never did himself.

-vote FM-Woodrow Wilson

While Mr. Nixon remains suspicious, I believe it is great time that Mr. Wilson sees some pressure applied upon himself - and more, if he does not redeem himself before America's watchful eyes.
    Do you think Wilson and Nixon are partnered?

43. ISO #493

And now, gentlemen, I would be very thankful if you would grant me an out of character post...

Town core:
    Abraham Lincoln (yes, I am that confident about him, the town tells pretty much pile up and there are no red flags in sight)

Town core periphery:
    JFK
    Washington

Town leans:
    Monroe
    Lyndon B. Johnson

They exist?:
    Jefferson (honestly can't remember what he did, even though he may not be as nonexistent as the other two)
    Franklin Delano Roosevelt
    Eisenhower

Somewhat scummy:
    Nixon
    Madison

Scummy:
    Wilson
    Eisenhower is town tho. I will die on that hill.

But I agree with this minus Fdr should be in scummy pile

44. ISO #494

45. ISO #495

46. ISO #496

47. ISO #497

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Abraham Lincoln View Post
    My scumread on Nixon is not based on specific posts they've made, although it is an factor. It's the result of an game-wide analyzis of comparing the most townie and scummy players and coming down to the conclusion that Nixon is the player that is the most likely mafia. Also it's heavily based on gut which i have already specified in an quote earlier.
    Who are the most town and most scummy players to you then?

48. ISO #498

Quote Originally Posted by FM-George Washington View Post
    𝑀𝓎 𝓅𝑜𝓌𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒷𝑒 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒𝒹 𝒾𝒻 𝐼 𝒹𝒾𝒹 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝓊𝓈𝑒 𝒾𝓉. 𝒜𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝒾𝓈 𝓃𝑜 𝒹𝒶𝓃𝑔𝑒𝓇 𝒾𝓃 𝓊𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓂𝓎 𝑒𝓍𝓉𝓇𝒶 𝓅𝑜𝓌𝑒𝓇 𝒹𝓊𝓇𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒹𝒶𝓎, 𝐼 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒷𝑒 𝒶𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓂𝓅𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝑜 𝓊𝓈𝑒 𝒾𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝒾𝓉𝓈 𝓂𝒶𝓍𝒾𝓂𝓊𝓂. 𝐵𝑒𝑔𝒾𝓃𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓇𝒶𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝒾𝓃𝑜𝒻𝒻𝑒𝓃𝓈𝒾𝓋𝑒 𝓋𝑜𝓉𝑒.

-vote FM-Franklin D Roosevelt

𝑀𝒾𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐹𝓇𝒶𝓃𝓀𝓁𝒾𝓃 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝓇𝒶𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝒶𝒷𝓈𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝒹𝒾𝓈𝒸𝓊𝓈𝓈𝒾𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓅𝓇𝑒𝓋𝒾𝑜𝓊𝓈 𝒹𝒶𝓎. 𝐼 𝒷𝑒𝓁𝒾𝑒𝓋𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝒾𝓈 𝓂𝑒𝓇𝒾𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝒦𝑒𝓃𝓃𝑒𝒹𝓎'𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝑜𝓇𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒽𝑒 𝓋𝑜𝒾𝒸𝑒𝒹 𝓅𝓊𝒷𝓁𝒾𝒸 𝓈𝓊𝓅𝓅𝑜𝓇𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓂𝑒 𝒷𝑒𝒸𝒶𝓊𝓈𝑒 𝒾𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝓉𝓇𝑒𝓃𝒹𝓎. 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒾𝓈 𝒶 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝒹 𝓅𝓁𝒶𝒸𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓉 𝓉𝑜𝒹𝒶𝓎, 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝐹𝓇𝒶𝓃𝓀𝓁𝒾𝓃'𝓈 𝓇𝑒𝓈𝓅𝑜𝓃𝓈𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓂𝓎 𝒾𝓈𝓈𝓊𝑒𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒶𝒹𝒹𝒾𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉𝓈 𝒾𝓃 𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒹𝒾𝓈𝒸𝓊𝓈𝓈𝒾𝑜𝓃 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒𝓁𝓎 𝓈𝓌𝒶𝓎 𝓂𝓎 𝒹𝑒𝒸𝒾𝓈𝒾𝑜𝓃𝓈 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓇𝑒𝓂𝒶𝒾𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒻 𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒 𝓉𝑜𝑔𝑒𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇.

Spoiler : Print :
    My power would not be deserved if I did not use it. As there is no danger in using my extra power during the day, I will be attempting to use it to its maximum. Beginning with this rather inoffensive vote.

-vote FM-Franklin D Roosevelt

Mister Franklin was rather absent from discussion on the previous day. I believe there is merit to Kennedy's theory that he voiced public support for me because it was trendy. This is a good place to start today, and Franklin's response to my issues and addition of his thoughts in our discussion will likely sway my decisions for the remainder of our time together.
    If my lack of activity dear duly elected mayor is your sole reason for voting, me, I do ask you abstain briefly for the time being, dear duly elected mayor. Let's call this the New Deal.

49. ISO #499

50. ISO #500