Roast My Track
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Roast My Track

1. ISO #1

Roast My Track

Just made an EDM track and I wanna know what you guys think about it. If you like the genre but don't like the track TELL ME. I won't bite your head off, I promise. Bass doesn't hit as hard as I'd like because I don't understand how exporting works yet. It hits harder when I'm editing it. Still figuring shit out.

https://soundcloud.com/user-30112788.../s-H3qrezalyAI
    FMX: fm Kevinpowers - Citizen (WIN)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I will go ahead and fuck this cat
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Heavy Handed View Post
    yeah I'm not gonna sit around here analyzing the fucking particle fluctuations in the quantum foam or whatever the fuck trying to find shit on D1

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Roast My Track

it sounds super 80s and i like it as a work in progress
    - bass needs to be punchier (i don't even think its an exporting issue)
    - no drop/doesn't rly go anywhere (but ya its a 2 min song)
    - could use a bit more drum
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    President Fielzanks walks up to his stage, preparing his n1 speech. In front of him, his two cronies MM and David stood. In front of him, his immaculately written n1 speech was prepared. 'Gentleman, what is the soul of capitalism?', he asked his small audience. 'Money?', MM guessed. 'Waifus?', David asked. 'No' Fielz replied, disappointed in his trash scumteam .
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Naz would never forget the Chik-Fil-A Sauce

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    I like it.
    Thank you.
    yeah I'm not gonna sit around here analyzing the fucking particle fluctuations in the quantum foam or whatever the fuck trying to find shit on D1

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by naz View Post
    it sounds super 80s and i like it as a work in progress
    - bass needs to be punchier (i don't even think its an exporting issue)
    - no drop/doesn't rly go anywhere (but ya its a 2 min song)
    - could use a bit more drum
    I'm having trouble getting the bassy synth and the kick to play nice. They overlap a bit and clip when they're too compressed. I wasn't sure if the bass was hot enough. I'll EQ it up a little.

I'll also crank the sidechain compression to get the kick to punch through the other instruments a little more. I think maybe I was a little too conservative with it.

As for form I'm not really sure where I wanna go with it. Subtlety is important but I don't want it to be boring.

I really appreciate the input. Thank you.

6. ISO #6

what program(s) are u using ?
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    President Fielzanks walks up to his stage, preparing his n1 speech. In front of him, his two cronies MM and David stood. In front of him, his immaculately written n1 speech was prepared. 'Gentleman, what is the soul of capitalism?', he asked his small audience. 'Money?', MM guessed. 'Waifus?', David asked. 'No' Fielz replied, disappointed in his trash scumteam .
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Naz would never forget the Chik-Fil-A Sauce

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by naz View Post
    what program(s) are u using ?
    FL Studio 20, the kick is a generic 808 I doctored up and then lower synths are Morphine and GMS (whatever trash synths FL Studio had stock, I wanna learn how to make them less shit). The main plucky instrument is Serum.

8. ISO #8

soundcloud is fucking butchering it lmao what is this trash

9. ISO #9

I like it.

I could see it working as some kind of background music for a game but for it to be a stand alone piece it probably needs a bit more complexity.

There was a thing I read a long time ago where some psychologists were able to predict if songs were good or not based on their compression ratio. Their findings were something along the lines that humans are drawn to very specific levels of complexity. Too complex and the mind cant sort it so it just sounds like noise while not complex enough and people loose interest. They also suggested that could be why remixes can be so much more complex than the original song because they play with pre-existing patterns so the mind can sort the noise easier.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

It sounds like an old video game music. Not bad at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

12. ISO #12

I like it.

I could see it working as some kind of background music for a game but for it to be a stand alone piece it probably needs a bit more complexity.

There was a thing I read a long time ago where some psychologists were able to predict if songs were good or not based on their compression ratio. Their findings were something along the lines that humans are drawn to very specific levels of complexity. Too complex and the mind cant sort it so it just sounds like noise while not complex enough and people loose interest. They also suggested that could be why remixes can be so much more complex than the original song because they play with pre-existing patterns so the mind can sort the noise easier.
    there is a counter point to this with simplicity in melodies i.e billie eyelish

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by bakermir View Post
    there is a counter point to this with simplicity in melodies i.e billie eyelish
    This is true
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

where the FUCK is the bass matthew?
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌