S-FM 342: A Small Game
Register

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which games would you sign for? Treat voting for an option the same as signing for the setup!

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blackflag Nightless

3 27.27%
  • Cop 9-er

5 45.45%
  • Warcraft

9 81.82%
  • Which Witch is Which?

8 72.73%
  • 6 Player Nightless

4 36.36%
  • Not Interested in a Small Game

2 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Threaded View

1. ISO #19

Re: S-FM 340: A Small Game

Quote Originally Posted by Guillo View Post
    Or this one. Althought it should be Everyone’s tracked not watch but whatever

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php..._Being_Watched
    Tracking everyone and watching everyone are technically the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    In a scenario where D1 is a Vanilla lynch (5 out of 9 probability), the Mafia would likely never target a Kill because the Global Tracker is obligated to use their ability N1 and find the killer if they do. If I understand it correctly.
    Most games would have D2 start with a PoE of 3, in which 2 are Mafia players.
    7v2 Town can always afford 2 mislynches.

The way I see the setup, it's balance is absolutely atrocious. I might be missing something though because of the 2 games played, Mafia won 1.
    I believe mafia have the option to holster their night kill to avoid being instantly outed, but the setup still feels rather town-sided.

Using the assumptions that are used in the EV Project, town wins this setup 44.74% of the time.

The problem with EV Project expected winrates is that they treat day eliminations as purely random. Another way to read that is the rate at which town will win when they completely turn off their brain and just vote randomly. AKA town should pretty much always win at least as often as the EV Project winrate.

For reference setups used in MU champs typically have 25-35% expected winrate if you treat power roles as just named town and town eliminates randomly. After factoring in power roles the EV Project winrate is more in the 30-40% range
    The "balanced" 11v2 mountainous setup has a 39.49% EV Project winrate.

This setup being at 44.74% definitely makes it numerically town-sided, doubly so since IMO the town's power roles tilt the balance more in town's favor than mafia's favor.
    Last edited by Lumi; February 13th, 2022 at 12:09 PM.