Poll's on what role types are good / bad
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Poll's on what role types are good / bad

A question I have been digging at for a while is 'What makes mafia fun.' A big part of that is the roles involved in games. I have seen bits discussing the subject but I would like to get a bit deeper. With that in mind here are some links for those willing to participate:

What are the 3 most fun role types to play? (The role you receive)

What are the 3 most fun role types to be in a game with? (The actions in your game that you do not control)

What are the 3 least fun role types to play? (The role you receive)

What are the 3 least fun role types to play in a game with? (The actions in your game that you do not control)

What are the 3 most fun game / setup mechanics? (The types of games you enjoy the most)

What are the 3 least fun game / setup mechanics? (The types of games you enjoy the least)

I would love to hear discussion on what it is that makes mafia fun for you. Everyone has their own personal taste, I love anything that leverages my voice in chat so I can try hard in day chat as either alignment while others may love a spicy night/day action. What mechanics do you find fun or anti fun? For example I very much dislike mechanics that leverages the town to vote 1 person and such but I really enjoy hidden elements where I have to figure out the boundaries of the world around me.

KRC as a platform does a great job of touching on this question. Users submit stuff they think will be fun and other people experience it. So what do you find fun or not fun about the game of Mafia?

The idea is that with community feed back more entertaining games can be created for players and more fun can be had : )

2. ISO #2

Re: Poll's on what role types are good / bad

*votes for everything because everything is fun*

Honestly, I find the most fun role to play to be... vanilla town. No action pressure, but great freedom with weird plays, and ability to sacrifice yourself for the greater good (i.e. not to fear being too towny and getting fearkilled, making town lose an important role). Now, I wouldn't submit VT to a KRC game because duh lol, but I do think mountainous is pretty much quintessential mafia. Similarly, I like roles that emphasize the "democratic" side of mafia, like chat creators or journalists; same goes for mechanics, especially the literal democracy mechanic (mayor election). I also think more creative attempts at vote systems that retain the necessity for scum to be scummy and the necessity for town to hunt scum should be made, such as @AIVION 's lovely Turnabout Mafia with trial mechanics.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :