4. ISO #954

5. ISO #955

6. ISO #956

Re: S-FM 337: Play at Your Own Risk

Play at Your Own Risk

Night 1

Vote Counts
    FM-Looney Toons (6 [L-0]):
    FM-Once Upon a Town, FM-Matrix6, FM-Last Hope, FM-Wilder Wastelander, FM-Silent Night, FM-Mid-Atlantic

FM-Last Hope (2 [L-4]):
    FM-All Stars, FM-Gravity Falls

FM-Matrix6 (2 [L-4]):
    FM-Bisected Souls, FM-Looney Toons

FM-Silent Night (1 [L-5]):
    FM-Politico

FM-Looney Toons has been executed.

Spoiler : Flip :
    Alignment: Wizard Federation
    Role: Warlock

Factional Abilities:
    Arcane Initiation
    Allocate 10 mana from members of the Federation to recruit a player at night. If the target is town, they will join the Federation. If not, then mana deposits will be refunded.

Mana Gain
    (Passive)
    Gain 2 mana at the start of each day.

Harvest Malice
    (Passive)
    Gain an additional 1 mana per player that is voting you at EoD. You may self-vote to trigger this ability too.

Role Abilities:
    Power Word: Kill
    (1-shot, Vengeful)
    Target a player. That player dies. This does not count as a visit, although it may still be healed, blocked, redirected, etc.
    This ability is vengeful. Meaning if you die before using your shot, then you must use it to kill someone during the soonest night after you die. You do not enter graveyard chat until you lock in your target. This 1-shot ability does not consume mana.

Mind Control
    Spend 3 mana to control a player to force and direct their night actions to another player of your choice. If the controlled player has multiple actions, all of their actions will target this player. If the controlled player has actions with multiple targets, the first player in their list of targets will be replaced with your chosen target. You may force a player to self target, even if they are normally not able to.

Win Condition:
    Eliminate all players that are not members of your faction, or have nothing that can prevent this from happening.

The original post has also been updated.

Night 1 Ends at 4 PM CST on Saturday January 8th

DAYS HOURS MINUTES SECONDS

Night action deadline is 2 hours before SoD

Last edited by Lumi; January 7th, 2022 at 03:30 PM.

7. ISO #957

Play at Your Own Risk

Day 2

FM-All Stars was found dead.

Spoiler : Flip :
    Alignment: Town
    Role: Researcher (SCP-294)

Factional Abilities:
    Town is the uninformed majority and receives no factional abilities. Use your vote and your role to win!

Role Abilities:
    https://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-294
    You are a researcher studying SCP-294.

Schedule Experiment
    Schedule an experiment by submitting a word or phrase to enter into SCP-294.

You will receive one of the following:
    - A cup of the requested liquid
    - "OUT OF RANGE" feedback
    - "Request Denied by O5 Council" feedback

Cups of liquid may be either kept, consumed, given to another player, or discarded. These actions may be done at any time, although cups given to other players during the night will only be received at SoD.

Players that receive a cup of liquid will receive a visual description of it, but will not be informed of how it was created. They may also choose to pass the cup along.

Request Permission
    (Multitasking, Unlimited Use, Day or Night Action, Instant)
    You will receive one of the following:
    - "Experiment Approved by O5"
    - "Experiment Denied by O5"

Note: The (Multitasking, Unlimited Use, Day or Night Action, Instant) modifier basically means you can use this ability whenever you want to pre-emptively check if O5 will deny an experiment.

Addendum 1:
    "It has now been confirmed that SCP-294 has the ability to directly gather information from someone's mind in order to comply with the given conditions."
    Therefore use of the device to gain information you do not already have will be severely limited.

Addendum 2:
    The O5 Council has currently prohibited use of the device in causing direct harm to others.
    Requests such as "The spinal fluid of {PLAYER}" will be denied.
    Requests such as "Poisoned Water" will still be accepted.

Research Group
    (Passive)
    You are the leader of a research group. The research group provides its members with 24/7 communication outside of the main thread. If you die then the research group is dissolved.

You begin the game with one other random player in your research group.

Expand Research Group
    (Multitaskable)
    Invite a player to join your research group.

Dismiss Researcher
    (Multitaskable)
    Remove a player from your research group.

The original post has also been updated.

Players Alive Graveyard
    @FM-Silent Night
    @FM-Matrix6
    @FM-Last Hope
    @FM-Wilder Wastelander
    @FM-Gravity Falls
    @FM-Mid-Atlantic
    @FM-Once Upon a Town
    @FM-Bisected Souls
    @FM-Politico

FM-Looney Toons (Warlock)
    FM-All Stars (Researcher (SCP-294))

Day 2 Ends at 4 PM CST on Monday January 10th

DAYS HOURS MINUTES SECONDS

Day Action Deadline is exactly at 4 PM. Timestamps of 3:59 are accepted. Timestamps of 4:00 are not.

Early hammers affect the day action deadline accordingly.

9 Players Remain. 5 votes to hammer.
    5 votes to hammer.
    Last edited by Lumi; January 9th, 2022 at 04:23 PM.

8. ISO #958

An Anonymous Message:

Reasonable Assumptions about the flip-
    I feel it makes sense for this to be alignment scum. Specifically the fact it’s a killing cult witch but the cult recruitment requires 10 mana while generating 2 per day. This means with 1 person and no votes on them it takes until N5 to get a recruitment. In an 11p game with mandatory voting its unlikely for the game to even last that long. However- if there were 2 of them gaining 2 mana per day they would only need 2 votes to recruit N2. The fact its phrased "Allocate 10 mana from members" also suggests multiple. For balance I think 3 would be unreasonable as the game would be won extremely quickly unless we have some crazy powerful town roles or mechanics madness going on. For this reasoning I think its valid to alignment hunt off toons. It also places us in a gamestate of 2 aligned scum and 'maybe' a neutral? Neutral benign might make more sense otherwise the setup is by design walking into D2 with 8 players and a 2p scum team. D3 with a recruitment and no kill/lynch on the team 6 players 3p scum team 2 town and 1 neutral killer. All things considered I feel its logical for 2p scum team and maybe some kinda neutral benign. It is of note the recruitment role card specifically says "If the target is town" suggesting a neutral (or some other non town) exists. I also feel a multiball is unlikely but not impossible. Allowing from cross killing between factions would offset the issue of a 7/2/2 but thats a tough pill to swallow. I am going to function under the assumption we are in a 8/2/1 because it makes sense for balance and the information from the flip.

Unless the flip is whats bastard about this game in which case there is little we can do about it. Apply Neutons Flaming Laser Sword there..

(Afterthought- If scum team had a factional kill + bulletproof vengeful shot and we see it D2 there is pretty much no chances of a multiball or a neutral killer imo)

After going through Toons ISO :
    Matrix- Toons calls them town in 206 then flips to not town in 628. Near the end of the game he is flatly calling them Neutral at best. In hind sight I should have picked up on the certainty gap in that voiced position as well as it was neutral hunting. There is someone in the site who just hard busses all day. If thats not what Matrix was doing and Toons responded to then they should be viewed as clear..

Gravity- Some interactions with and about Gravity. I feel its more likely they are not aligned.

Wilder- Kinda odd. 814 voices he does not care for Wilder or Bisected trains but then at the end of the day he was insulting Wilder? Feels strange although I am not sure it means aligned. Maybe just venting and was pissed off Wilder kept insulting everyone and going ATE?
    Claimed a 5 complexity and No N0 feedback

Wagon association:

Last Hope- Looks great. Being the counter wagon is a positive but the fact Toons counter claimed invest on Hope strongly suggests they are not W/W. It turned the situation into a dead set 1v1 eliminating the potential that existed for a train to go elsewhere and that claim would have been absolutely unnecessary for a W/W situation.

Matrix- Looks good. Was voting on Toons long before they were the train and in 896 advocated for their lynch

Gravity- Looks ok. Was vote parked on Hope 793 and 832 they flatly voice intentions to lynch either Hope or Toons. I would expect a scum team mate to consider swapping wagons or do something to shift them but that can be wifomed
    Once Upon a Town- Null. An utter mess of vote flopping but with both slots scum read in 805 and a voiced lynch pool including Hope and Toons on 836 I don't feel like any negative conclusion can be drawn.
    Politico- Utterly null. Had no thread presence at the end of the day. Could WIFOM if that was intentional or NAI

Wilder- Null with concerns. Lots of vote flopping and weirdly kinda following Once Upon's votes? Post 893 and 895 are of note where he moves his vote to Hope and apologizes if he is wrong. Potential TMI but he also later questions if its TvT wagons so maybe its nothing.

Atlantic- Doesn't look good. Was sitting on hope advocating for hopes lynch and last second swapped trains for the hammer. I have seen scum jump at the last second so they are not on the wrong side of the lynch they know will look bad. The lynch was set to go through at 3-5 votes before they swapped so doing so did nothing but ensure they would be on the other train. I did like that when questioned by Last Hope they dont back down and respond "imma double down. you can be scum with exact role check"

Bisected Souls- Null to bad. They were there pushing their survival and hanging out.. Not voting or really pushing a lynch. I don't get an aligned feel so much as a neutral who could give a shit who dies kinda feel.

All Stars- Looks bad. In 673 they voiced reading Hope as Town and Toons as Null. But then at the end of the day when they stepped in at 935 to swing the wagon the way they wanted they went against their voiced reads voting on Hope. If they town read one side and null read the other voting to lynch opposite of those reads is unnatural and a red flag.

I will also note I know many chats exist and have a few myself. Leaving it up to people what they want to talk about but just be careful saying who is in what chat incase some crazy mechanic exists that would punish the town for revealing such info. Consider what has value in revealing vs potential risk.

https://ibb.co/ZdNSfzN
    You can draw some conclusions from this chart but it should visually reflect the basic gamestate EOD1. Please don't try to make me the designated town note taker or argue about your positions. Just clarify if I got something wrong for my own notes. I may not be able to speak like this again (especially if I am dead.)
    Politico and Atlantic should clarify their reads. I might ramble about patterns if I am alive.

9. ISO #959

I have to admit that Silent Night impressed me a little.

I easily caught his hand at the very beginning of the first day, but for some unknown reason no one paid attention to it. By the end of the day, he practically convinced me that he was not a scum, but an incompetent but ambitious town player. But now everything is crystal clear.

Post #42:
    [quoute]I will say its positive for me to have votes on me at the end of the day.[/quote]

We now know how the cultist mechanic works. Obviously Silent Night is a cultist, now he is revealed not only with my reads, but also mechanically. I see no single reason to read his objections and excuses, just lynch until he has accumulated mana.

-vote Silent Night

Also we should pay attention to Politico: the purpose of his vote for Silent Night is to accumulate mana for him, and he himself admitted it:

Post #799
    [quoute]-vote FM-Silent Night

since apparently last one didint count

THIS IS A MECH VOTE, I DO NOT SCUMREAD SILENT[/quoute]

I don't think we have more than three cultists, and most likely, having lost a teammate on the first day, they have not yet accumulated enough mana to convert anyone. (2 mana at the beginning of the day is presumably for the remaining two and at least 1 mana per vote is 5, and they need 10 for convert action). We must quickly deal with the cultists before they gain strength.

I'm not suggesting that we end the day quickly by lynching Silent Night, we still have a lot to discuss. But it is he who is practically a confirmed cultist and should be executed at the end of this day.

10. ISO #960

11. ISO #961

12. ISO #962

13. ISO #963

14. ISO #964

15. ISO #965

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Wilder Wastelander View Post
    Well, I going offline for several hours, my vote will stay on cultist Silent Night and nothing will change it. See you later.
    I don't think you could possibly look at everything communicated in that message and not see value. Thanks for the currency if your going to keep your vote here until the end of the day. I think you will find yourself rather alone in thinking I am evil though. It would not make sense for me to reveal that bit if I was cult and it also would not make sense for me to swing the lynch away from Hope at a critical time EOD1.

16. ISO #966

In another chat it became relevent to me I did not explain the chart enough.

Looking left to right you can see what positions people have taken. The numbers are the post that conclusion was drawn from

Looking top to bottom you can see how players are viewed by others.

Up top is references for read walls. Left side is role claims.

Its objective is to give a visual breakdown of what the gamestate is. I feel its a very useful tool in many respects.

17. ISO #967

im still on a respirator

i failed to do somethings in last 5 mins cuz i missed that there was a different deadline.

just to make sure, i want everyhone who received my goodies to claim what u got from me. thanks!

i will explain why if needed, but only AFTEr the fact. and no, this is not to collect more fruit (or is it?)

18. ISO #968

19. ISO #969

20. ISO #970

21. ISO #971

22. ISO #972

23. ISO #973

Wilder's push on Silent doesn't come across as scummy. They're using the new info that we have cultists to try to push on Silent being a cultist because of a throwaway comment, yet I think just focusing on one post is a little simplistic at best.
    If Silent was really a cultist, they were town siding hard by advocating against my train and even help to flip Looney Toons.
    I guess it's possible that Silent is a convert, yet I think that Silent is only ever a convert if they are cult.
    They way they treated Toons indicates that at the time, Silent wasn't a starting cultist.

24. ISO #974

25. ISO #975

26. ISO #976

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Last Hope View Post
    If we assume that this isn't a multiball, Matrix6 didn't start as a cultist with Toons as they were consistently pushing on Toons and buried them at end of day one.
    If Matrix6 is a convert, then that's a big RIP. Still that's a bridge we hopefully don't need to cross over.
    pretty sure the anonymous messager did the math and concluded cult couldnt convert n1, could be wrong

27. ISO #977

28. ISO #978

29. ISO #979

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Politico View Post
    pretty sure the anonymous messager did the math and concluded cult couldnt convert n1, could be wrong
    It depends on if Toons was able to give their stored mana to their team upon death.
    If no, then we can 100% rule out a N1 conversion.
    If yes, then things get murkier.

30. ISO #980

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Matrix6 View Post
    im still on a respirator

i failed to do somethings in last 5 mins cuz i missed that there was a different deadline.

just to make sure, i want everyhone who received my goodies to claim what u got from me. thanks!

i will explain why if needed, but only AFTEr the fact. and no, this is not to collect more fruit (or is it?)
    I got a
    Spoiler : fruit :
    banana
    , i assume you sent it. That's probably the only fruit i dislike, sadly...

Dangerous assumption : we know nothing the the last cultist(s) roles.

31. ISO #981

32. ISO #982

33. ISO #983

Nice, I am still here. My IRL business can wait, phone call was enougth.

Wilder's push on Silent doesn't come across as scummy. They're using the new info that we have cultists to try to push on Silent being a cultist because of a throwaway comment, yet
    Are you blind, bro?

He is original cultist.

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Silent Night View Post
    I will say its positive for me to have votes on me at the end of the day.
    Day 1, post 42. Now we know the cult mana mechanics. That's why he needs our votes on him.
    I almost changed my mind, deciding that this is town player, whose ambitions do not correspond to his competence, but now everything is clear. He self-revealed his interest in mana gaining.

Also:
    -vote FM-Silent Night

since apparently last one didint count

THIS IS A MECH VOTE, I DO NOT SCUMREAD SILENT
    Politico is probably his cult teammate, helping him in receiving mana.

The case is solved, elementary.

34. ISO #984

35. ISO #985

36. ISO #986

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Silent Night View Post
    I think you will find yourself rather alone in thinking I am evil though. It would not make sense for me to reveal that bit if I was cult and it also would not make sense for me to swing the lynch away from Hope at a critical time EOD1.
    Cheap excuse.

Your cult buddy was already doomed when you jumped on the train. I unvoted Last Hope instantly and voted Looney after.

At the beginning of the day 1, you could not have imagined that we would uncover your cult so quickly, so you risked talking about your mechanic in the hope of gaining mana and converting someone on the very first night. Most likely, you did not succeed. And now it's time for you to go to the grave, following your comrade.

37. ISO #987

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Once Upon a Town View Post
    @FM-Wilder Wastelander why do you assume Cult are the only one that benefit from having votes on them ?

I also doubt there are 3 cultist.
    Because... I can read, maybe?

Factional Abilities:
    Arcane Initiation
    Allocate 10 mana from members of the Federation to recruit a player at night. If the target is town, they will join the Federation. If not, then mana deposits will be refunded.

Mana Gain
    (Passive)
    Gain 2 mana at the start of each day.

Harvest Malice
    (Passive)
    Gain an additional 1 mana per player that is voting you at EoD. You may self-vote to trigger this ability too.
    It's FACTIONAL abilities of cult. Every cult member have it, obviously. Silent Night was ez scum, idk why this community so blind to see that. But now he is locked cult. Not only by reads, but bu mechanics.

38. ISO #988

39. ISO #989

40. ISO #990

41. ISO #991

42. ISO #992

43. ISO #993

44. ISO #994

After thinking about it i think i should share that intel : there is at least one form of redirection/retargetting going on, for i did not visit who i intended to.
    If no one claims the redirect, it's possible that it was the Warlocks who redirected you.
    If they had a back up for Toons.

45. ISO #995

I also doubt there are 3 cultist.
    I think we have 2 or 3. Not more. 2nd one is obv Silent Night. If we have 3, Politico is 3rd. Also I think they had no mana for conversion this night, 10 mana is impossible goal with one of them dead.

Also I think All Stars is killed by Looney by his vengeful Power Word: Death ability (he can use it after his death anyways). Probably we have no some neutral killer. Or neut killer is arso of some other role with delayed kills.

46. ISO #996

47. ISO #997

48. ISO #998

49. ISO #999

50. ISO #1000

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Wilder Wastelander View Post
    I think we have 2 or 3. Not more. 2nd one is obv Silent Night. If we have 3, Politico is 3rd. Also I think they had no mana for conversion this night, 10 mana is impossible goal with one of them dead.

Also I think All Stars is killed by Looney by his vengeful Power Word: Death ability (he can use it after his death anyways). Probably we have no some neutral killer. Or neut killer is arso of some other role with delayed kills.
    I agree that we cant have more than 3 wizards. 10 mana is impossible, convertion is still possible tho, remember that we know nothing of the setup. One of the remaining wizards might have other ways of converting. Also good point, Toons had to target someone.

If no one claims the redirect, it's possible that it was the Warlocks who redirected you.
    If they had a back up for Toons.
    I really cant believe they wasted 3 of their precious mana for that.