Register

User Tag List

Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #651

2. ISO #652

Re: S-FM 337: Play at Your Own Risk

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Bisected Souls View Post
    Elaborate. In what direction?
    A town about to kill someone would believe that person is scum and want to get information out of them. The lack of desire to ask questions or get information from me suggests that if they kill me they do not care about getting information which speaks to a scum perspective of only caring that I die. Even if they changed their read to believing I am town they would still want to get information from me because it would give them a confirmed town perspective allowing them to triangulate reads.

Its alignment indicative if I die and they did not take advantage of the time to get information from me.

3. ISO #653

4. ISO #654

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Silent Night View Post
    A town about to kill someone would believe that person is scum and want to get information out of them. The lack of desire to ask questions or get information from me suggests that if they kill me they do not care about getting information which speaks to a scum perspective of only caring that I die. Even if they changed their read to believing I am town they would still want to get information from me because it would give them a confirmed town perspective allowing them to triangulate reads.

Its alignment indicative if I die and they did not take advantage of the time to get information from me.
    Thank you for this.

5. ISO #655

Agree

6. ISO #656

7. ISO #657

8. ISO #658

9. ISO #659

10. ISO #660

11. ISO #661

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Matrix6 View Post
    t his is awesome! i madsew up shit about 3 froot to die to see how silent would respond (way too calm tbh).
    but who got really agitated is Looney Toons. and you failed to answer my qs and tried to redirect. so bye bye bye

[vote]FM-Looney Toons[/votge]
    I think their reaction is understandable. Your kinda flailing around jumping from person to person without very much reason or follow through.

Interesting reaction test though. Although I got something out of it as well. You could have used it to pull information from me but you didn't. Why?

12. ISO #662

I think their reaction is understandable. Your kinda flailing around jumping from person to person without very much reason or follow through.

Interesting reaction test though. Although I got something out of it as well. You could have used it to pull information from me but you didn't. Why?
    i dont need to answer to uu. and this is a joke lol cuz i got the result and u didnt boither to lok for a lifeline

13. ISO #663

14. ISO #664

So what you were looking for was my survival focus and just did not care about my reads or potential associations?
    i asked ur role befure u die and u didnt give it. whats up? i gave u benefit of doubt cuz u seemed to accept the outcome . meanwhile toons went insane. ima keep it on loons for now.

15. ISO #665

i asked ur role befure u die and u didnt give it. whats up? i gave u benefit of doubt cuz u seemed to accept the outcome . meanwhile toons went insane. ima keep it on loons for now.
    If I am going to die giving my exact role details is dumb because you will likely get them anyways when I die. I gave you as much information as I could without potentially causing issues if I did not die. Part of that was because I did not 100% believe what you were saying and part of it was because the risk-benefit ratio was bad. I also was fine dieing because I feel like I did well to start a train on Wilder and that even as I died I was making plays to sort your alignment. If I get 1 scum each game I am happy and I saw potential for 2. The fact you were not asking me questions made me happy. It meant you would kill me but my death would blow your cover and I would get you in the end. But my win condition is not to survive.

All that and I have this fucked up nature that keeps me from bending the knee regardless of whats over my head. Threats just don't work well on me in general and I am rather obstinate when someone leverages a situation over me. I like to tell myself that I am smart enough to flip it on them in the moment and I felt I was doing well there.

16. ISO #666

17. ISO #667

If I am going to die giving my exact role details is dumb because you will likely get them anyways when I die. I gave you as much information as I could without potentially causing issues if I did not die. Part of that was because I did not 100% believe what you were saying and part of it was because the risk-benefit ratio was bad. I also was fine dieing because I feel like I did well to start a train on Wilder and that even as I died I was making plays to sort your alignment. If I get 1 scum each game I am happy and I saw potential for 2. The fact you were not asking me questions made me happy. It meant you would kill me but my death would blow your cover and I would get you in the end. But my win condition is not to survive.

All that and I have this fucked up nature that keeps me from bending the knee regardless of whats over my head. Threats just don't work well on me in general and I am rather obstinate when someone leverages a situation over me. I like to tell myself that I am smart enough to flip it on them in the moment and I felt I was doing well there.
    ok

18. ISO #668

19. ISO #669

ok
    I explained my side. How about yours? This reaction test will allow people to understand your alignment every bit as much (or maybe more) than mine.

Why didn't you pull more information out of me? Why was it so important to you for me to vote someone? What do you think about Loony Toons reacting aggressively? How does their reaction translate to them being scum?

20. ISO #670

21. ISO #671

I suppose I will not be getting an answer tonight.

-vote FM-Matrix6

I feel like the gambit was not well prepared or thought through. But that does not necessarily make it AI. Until I get a response what I think is AI is the jump to Loony Toons and 'Ah ha! I cotcha' attitude without reasoning. Slightly opportunistic.

While I don't have strong reason to push Matrix past not asking me questions to generate information from their gambit I would like to leave my vote here to open the door for pressure going into EOD. If tonight goes like last night did there won't be much progress. If anyone wants to kick around some ideas or talk about players I will poke in and out for a few hours and I will try to be back on before days end. The time is not the best for me.

22. ISO #672

23. ISO #673

Reads in order:
    Pro Town Box:
    All Stars
    Last Hope
    Silent Night
    Matrix6
    Once Upon a Town

Self Resolving Box:
    Gravity Falls
    Mid-Atlantic

Null Box:
    Politico
    Looney Toons

Scummy Box:
    Bisected Souls
    Wilder Wastelander

I really like Last Hope and Silent Night, they're contributing to town discussion and are poking and prodding other players.
    Matrix seems like bored town.
    Once Upon a Town is my weakest town read at the moment, call it hunch that they're towny for now.
    Gravity and Mid-Atlantic are mechanically linked, and knowing what one flips will likely solve the other.
    No strong read on Politico at the moment.
    I want to hear more from Looney Toons.
    I don't like Bisected at the moment, I put them in the scummy box because all the joking around and voting host is really putting me off this late into D1, low substance per post ratio, don't see any scum hunting from this slot at all.
    I've gone on and on about Wilder, but as a refresher I think their claim is wack, their reasoning is wack, their reads list is totally wack, and their OMGUS vote is wack.

24. ISO #674

FM-Last Hope (1 [L-5]):
    FM-Once Upon a Town
    FM-Wilder Wastelander (3 [L-3]):
    FM-All Stars, FM-Gravity Falls, FM-Last Hope
    FM-Looney Toons (1 [L-5]):
    FM-Matrix6
    FM-All Stars (1 [L-5]):
    FM-Wilder Wastelander
    FM-Matrix6 (2 [L-4]):
    FM-Silent Night, FM-Looney Toons

We should consolidate trains soon.

25. ISO #675

Quote Originally Posted by FM-All Stars View Post
    I don't think Matrix is the best second train to make.
    I'd rather have it be bisected or toons if we're going to decide between a second train and wilder.
    I do want a 2nd train. 2 trains mean decisions made that can be used to generate information later.

Why Toons or Bisected over Matrix? I had concerns about Bisected that I partially resolved but Toons anger reaction to the gambit felt towny to me. Although I may have bias in that view given it was anger at someone threatening to kill me and I know my alignment.

(Saw you just posted a read wall but I will let this post anyways just because)

26. ISO #676

FM-Last Hope (1 [L-5]):
    FM-Once Upon a Town
    FM-Wilder Wastelander (3 [L-3]):
    FM-All Stars, FM-Gravity Falls, FM-Last Hope
    FM-Looney Toons (1 [L-5]):
    FM-Matrix6
    FM-All Stars (1 [L-5]):
    FM-Wilder Wastelander
    FM-Matrix6 (2 [L-4]):
    FM-Silent Night, FM-Looney Toons

We should consolidate trains soon.
    I agree.

27. ISO #677

I do want a 2nd train. 2 trains mean decisions made that can be used to generate information later.

Why Toons or Bisected over Matrix? I had concerns about Bisected that I partially resolved but Toons anger reaction to the gambit felt towny to me. Although I may have bias in that view given it was anger at someone threatening to kill me and I know my alignment.

(Saw you just posted a read wall but I will let this post anyways just because)
    Matrix is a town read for me, simple as that. I'd rather have trains on slots that I read as scum or my null reads to gather information.

28. ISO #678

Matrix is a town read for me, simple as that. I'd rather have trains on slots that I read as scum or my null reads to gather information.
    I am not very set on any of the people in that group. But to help me triangulate what makes you feel Matrix is town? I absolutely question a motive for pulling that gambit outside of town but running off without explaining a thought process and voting Loony without reason hardly make me more comfortable.

29. ISO #679

I am not very set on any of the people in that group. But to help me triangulate what makes you feel Matrix is town? I absolutely question a motive for pulling that gambit outside of town but running off without explaining a thought process and voting Loony without reason hardly make me more comfortable.
    It has to do with stealing the fruit vendor role, the general banter in the first half of D1, the light amount of troll, and I think the gambit helped to generate a bit of discussion in a lull in day activity. I expect the slot to do more D2.

30. ISO #680

It has to do with stealing the fruit vendor role, the general banter in the first half of D1, the light amount of troll, and I think the gambit helped to generate a bit of discussion in a lull in day activity. I expect the slot to do more D2.
    I only think what the gambit did is AI to the person doing it if it was intended. I kinda got the vibe they just did that. But between Loony and Bisected which one do you feel I should shift to and why? Or should I say fuck it and self vote while advocating to make myself some monies?

31. ISO #681

I only think what the gambit did is AI to the person doing it if it was intended. I kinda got the vibe they just did that. But between Loony and Bisected which one do you feel I should shift to and why? Or should I say fuck it and self vote while advocating to make myself some monies?
    I'd recommend Bisected, I want them to get serious sooner rather than later, it'd help improve my read. I think a bit of pressure could do that slot some good. But that would only matter if a train gets rolling on them. If we can't consolidate votes on Bisected then if I were you, I'd self vote.

32. ISO #682

33. ISO #683

That is fair.

My issue with reading them is also because everything has been a joke. The aspects I would be more aggressive on I discounted because everything said has been a joke. If we can pressure them a bit it may be a step forward.

-vote FM-Bisected Souls

I will go back here for a bit. I do have the intention of waking up early enough to be active at EOD but we will see what happens.

For what it matters I need 3 votes today to buy and use a vest. 2 more given I can self vote and earn from it. It changes in cost over time and other things cost ratios of currency.

34. ISO #684

Ideally though the 2nd train would be someone that a majority of people scum read, (duh) so I'd hope that you'd help form a second train organically with the rest of town.
    A bit hard to do given most people are not around. I have not been looking at consensus opinions but I think we are the only two who have given a full reads list.

35. ISO #685

36. ISO #686

Gave it some thought. I am not good with making an argument to push someone. Its what I do when I am evil.

I am fine with it when I am active in a thread and pushing someone or applying pressure that I can walk back afterwards but I don't like doing it and then putting it in the hands of whoever is around for EoD. I would potentially be putting the day chat equivalent of a gun in the hands of scum to curve a lynch.

On the other hand something I feel could be productive is simple.
    @FM-Bisected Souls
    Could you give some straightforward reads on players so we can understand your thoughts? Your interactions leave a lot of questions but everything is just a joke so nothing can be held to you.

37. ISO #687

38. ISO #688

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Gravity Falls View Post
    I guess i have to admit silent night is town, they are way too quick on their feet. Sad.

-vote FM-Looney Toons

wild whatever is a mislynch. This is way more juicy looking.
    Well actually this is feigned confidence but I still want to go after looney instead

39. ISO #689

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Gravity Falls View Post
    I guess i have to admit silent night is town, they are way too quick on their feet. Sad.

-vote FM-Looney Toons

wild whatever is a mislynch. This is way more juicy looking.
    Sounds like you are unhappy about recognizing my alignment. I am not sure how I feel about that.

What makes you feel Wild is a mislynch? If they are town who are our scum and why?

40. ISO #690

A bit hard to do given most people are not around. I have not been looking at consensus opinions but I think we are the only two who have given a full reads list.
    Yeah if everyone could start making full read lists for EoD lynching that'd be great.

41. ISO #691

Yeah if everyone could start making full read lists for EoD lynching that'd be great.
    Understanding how to break RVS, triangulate reads, do basic scum hunting and fill out their their TPS reports with the correct header would be greeeaaaate
    If I was mayor everyone would be fired!

: P

42. ISO #692

43. ISO #693

44. ISO #694

45. ISO #695

I don't like Bisected at the moment, I put them in the scummy box because all the joking around and voting host is really putting me off this late into D1, low substance per post ratio, don't see any scum hunting from this slot at all.
    But that description feels very close to what matrix has been doing... Why is it scummy for one and "okay bored town" for the other ? Esp since there are people that you townread less than matrix, meaning you are quite confident about matrix being town for the same reason that bisected is scum ?
    Both of them angered me with their fluffy spammy posts, ghost has had some seriously solvy moments but matrix's ideal spot is about as wacky as Wastelander's IMO.

I've gone on and on about Wilder, but as a refresher I think their claim is wack, their reasoning is wack, their reads list is totally wack, and their OMGUS vote is wack.[/QUOTE]

Idk i have towny vibes from the slot, but i have to agree it doesnt make sense... Something's off

46. ISO #696

47. ISO #697

@FM-Once Upon a Town
    @FM-Matrix6

Do y'all really not like Last hope?
    My vote on last hope was mainly for two reasons :
    poke Last Hope
    Offer a counter wagon outside Wastelander & Silent Night, why (aka reads) are on their way

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Last Hope View Post
    This feels towny, as saying that they don't want to put someone at L-2 early makes sense in wanting to avoid a quick hammer.
    What ? Talk about free town points

48. ISO #698

49. ISO #699

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Wilder Wastelander View Post
    Rather you will piss me with your style of play.
    I do not mean you personally, but this community as a whole.
    What style of play are you referring to ?

How sure are you about Silent Night & All Stars being scum, respectively ? Preferably a numerical answer. From my POV you are adamant that they are scum with so little evidence that it comes down mainly to gut instinct/interpretation. I dont think you're scum, but you're not really acting like town either.

Getting aggressive under pressure is understandable, but you are getting more and more passive-aggressive, not conflicting with anyone in particular but simply criticizing everyone more or less subtly :
    Spoiler : agressive quotes :
    But most don't give a damn, which is not surprising.
    Rather you will piss me with your style of play.
    this community as a whole.
    Scums can finish me, looks like this town deserved that.
    It looks like everyone here is terrible in this game.
    I don't understand the logic by which you are playing at all.
    Three random votes for me, not a single reason to vote was announced, no one cares.
    Am I only one reading the posts?
    Reaction to the stupidity of the town, you mean?

There is no reason for town to do that, as that doesnt help their case, quite the opposite in fact. Are you really that frustrated about the alleged incomprehension between you & apparently everyone else ?
    Are there things you (or anyone, might as well) are forbidden from communicating us ?

50. ISO #700

FM-Last Hope (1 [L-5]):
    FM-Once Upon a Town
    FM-Wilder Wastelander (2 [L-4]):
    FM-All Stars, FM-Last Hope
    FM-Looney Toons (2 [L-4]):
    FM-Gravity Falls, FM-Matrix6
    FM-All Stars (1 [L-5]):
    FM-Wilder Wastelander
    FM-Bisected Souls (1 [L-5]):
    FM-Silent Night
    FM-Matrix6 (1 [L-5]):
    FM-Looney Toons

The train formation tells me that town isn't united on who should eliminated as of now. Personally the only trains that have a significant chance of flipping a scum are Wilder, Bisected Souls and maybe Looney Toons.
    Still, I'll want to back read in case i missed anything.