Register

User Tag List

Page 12 of 119 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 62 112 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #551

Re: S-FM Magellan (15p)

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Billigan Holbird View Post
    Now why in the world would you say this? BAD. Quack you
    -vote S-FM Marlwyn Janson

@S-FM Jiles Carballo please tell me they aren't tunneling you for having said "interesting"
    PLEASE
    Lol Lois still thinks "interesting" is alignment indicative
    So uh, tell me, why is he scummy? I don't really get what your case against him is.

*"You're so dumb" incoming*
    Cluttering the thread by explaining something nobody but you agrees on is something I'm ready to do, and something you should be ready to do, too.

That's a very meaningful way to clutter it. Right now, you're calling someone confirmed scum, and the consensus seems to be that it's on the basis of the word "interesting". Which is just crap. So, again, explain yourself.
    -vote S-FM Lois Francklyn
    Is that enough quotes for you?

2. ISO #552

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Jan Korvin View Post
    In my head I see. Nick Cage. Grey Worm. Fat Worm. Ren and Stimpy, Mulan, Brad Pitt, dragon fly, Harley Quinne. Did I miss anyone? I will be referring to each of you by these nicknames, otherwise I won't be able to associate names to pics to profiles/postings.
    Am I Fat Worm? Or am I the Blob

3. ISO #553

4. ISO #554

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Arnarld Quinne View Post
    You seem to be antagonizing. Seemingly on purpose.
    You don't mention the coroner but focus on yourself. Do I think your not town? You're leaning that direction.

Do I think Jiles is not mafia? I don't have much of an indication yet. But they lean more town.

I may be Paranoid. What concern is it too you?
    It's noteworthy that I 100 % mindmeld with Harley Quinn on this post.

5. ISO #555

6. ISO #556

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Jiles Carballo View Post
    Interesting response.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Lois Francklyn View Post
    -vote S-FM Jiles Carballo View Post

Got one
    Heck

-vote S-FM Jiles Carballo
    Now why in the world would you say this? BAD. Quack you
    -vote S-FM Marlwyn Janson

@S-FM Jiles Carballo please tell me they aren't tunneling you for having said "interesting"
    PLEASE
    Lol Lois still thinks "interesting" is alignment indicative
    So uh, tell me, why is he scummy? I don't really get what your case against him is.

*"You're so dumb" incoming*
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Jan Korvin View Post
    In my head I see. Nick Cage. Grey Worm. Fat Worm. Ren and Stimpy, Mulan, Brad Pitt, dragon fly, Harley Quinne. Did I miss anyone? I will be referring to each of you by these nicknames, otherwise I won't be able to associate names to pics to profiles/postings.
    Who am I into this? Also, nobody is going to understand you ;-; nice names tho

7. ISO #557

8. ISO #558

9. ISO #559

10. ISO #560

11. ISO #561

12. ISO #562

13. ISO #563

14. ISO #564

Lol sorry for being unclear there.

Regarding "aggressive", if we're playing Sc2 and I say that you putting constant pressure on the enemy with zerglings early on is an aggressive strategy, will you say I'm taunting you...? The same goes here: we're talking about a game, and I'm saying your playstyle is aggressive, and stand by it.

I THINK IT WAS RATHER CLEAR I'M TALKING ABOUT YOUR "CONFIRMED SCUM" READ ON JILES. IS IT CLEAR NOW? DO YOU NEED QUOTES OF ME ASKING ABOUT IT?

"You don't realize you're playing in bad faith" lol that is inherently wrong, doing something in bad faith implies you're doing it intentionally. https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/in+bad+faith
    Stop discrediting me and quite literally calling me a bad player for disagreeing with you.
    My style hasn't been amazing here either? Sorry not sorry, but I'm not the one who doesn't explain a "CONFIRMED SCUM" read with "he said interesting", and then indirectly calls people around dumbasses for not joining him. And who then refuses to address criticism about it with anything other than "you're scum" or "quotes".

^^^^^^

Ok then. What are your reads and why are they like they are?

Quotes incoming, since they're necessary for you to reply. I think there is a chance you're town, and it's the only reason I'll do that work lol.
    Thanks for explaining yourself, but I feel like you also think this is a game about debating topics and being right? Its not. This is a game of finding understanding in the dark. Your strategy is bad because of your approach. Do you see what Im taking issue with?

Like, you seem allergic to acknowledge that my perception of your word choice 'aggressive' could be interpreted as vague and taunting. And if you are unwilling or unable to recognize something obvious and small like that, then it feels like your entire strategy is in bad faith.

Bad faith meaning you have no intention of reading posts or conversations in good faith. Meaning, in the context of the game, you're not looking for understanding, you're looking to be right. But thats just a REALLY bad approach to the game if you are trying to solve in the first place.

I think you could be Town, I'm not trying to discredit you, so please understand what I'm saying. I think you need to approach the game with a more open mind to accepting the other's viewpoint.

Simple as that.

As for the initial conversation you started with me?

This is your quote

Lois, do you think you're gaining townpoints for this or are you really doing it for solving?
    This is too aggressive for my liking. Too out of the blue. Gollert did nothing wrong by discussing the vote system we're going to use this game (it's literally the point of this part of D1), and expecting to gain townpoints from it if the discussion you create is good is natural for any alignment.
    You make a claim but you don't use any reference for us to have a conversation around to reach understanding. When I ask for a reference you never provide one. Again, this is play in bad faith. You're not looking to reach understanding through communication. I really thjnk you don't understand the point of the game. Its not about pointing out things that are wrong, its about DISCUSSION and trying to find understamding in the dark.

So right, this isn't me saying: LOL you Mafia
    I'm also not saying: Bahaha you bad at game

I'm saying, please try to shift your approach to the game

Try to recognize the other side, and look for understanding

Does that seem reasonable?

I know this is a lot about nothing but playstyle but I figure ut's important you understand where I'm comjng from.

I'm not playing 'aggressive' by engaging in conversation. I'm playing in a manner that seeks understanding. Not in a way that belittles or seeks to elevate myself. Again, I'm very reasonable, open to criticism and good faith conversation.

15. ISO #565

Spoiler : what the quote refers to :
    I'm asking you to move beyond egoistic plays of clamoring for ill-deserved town points and instead actually solve whether or not other players are genuinely solving or not.

Talking about voting preferences just isn't alignment indicative. Expecting to get points because you shoot for the moon saying one vote system is better than the other is nonsensical. Do you beleive Mafia would argue for a different voye system, or make arguments on this topic in bad faith? Its a rhetorical question - no. So you don't get Town points for this topic.

I'm asking you again to instead start looking at the game through other players perspectives. Would they do this as Mafia? COULD they say this kind of thing as Mafia? No? Okay, start making your Town pile.

What you're doing now isn't solving. But I still want to beleive you're Town. I'm asking you to solve instead of whatever it is that you're doing. Can you follow my train of thought here and does that make sense to you?

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Marlwyn Janson View Post
    Also you two sound like TvT buffoons.
    That is a very good point. More town points to Gollert for admitting he "wants town points" like a normal townie, though.

16. ISO #566

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Marlwyn Janson View Post
    So far, every one of your critiques has been about how you think people are unhelpful / annoying.

What was so meaningful about Teal poster's commentary that is causing you to white-knight for him?

I don't really mind how many posts you make. Just don't ask for more content when you provide none yourself.
    Yes they are because its annoying having to read 500+ posts with nothing of substance. It only dilutes useful information.
    And teal was trying to steer the conversation in a more useful way.
    My post was only to urge you to, make a post about how you feel so far since you have failed to do so in your 90 posts.

I beleive you beleive in your points, but it feels like you're trying to win an argument here?

I dont think there is any argument though.

Marlwyn was largely Towny, and they had an almost jokingly personal disagreement with the teal font guy.

Teal font guy probably had good intentions but he was just pontificating on a soap box.

Their disagreement doesn't mean one must be Town and one must be Mafia.

I think they're both probably Town anyway.

I like your style but yeah, I don't think yiu can win a debate that doesn't exist.
    Oh you misunderstand me , i don't see an argument here that has to be won.
    Simply hoping Mulan posts his thoughts about the game.

17. ISO #567

Thanks for explaining yourself, but I feel like you also think this is a game about debating topics and being right? Its not. This is a game of finding understanding in the dark. Your strategy is bad because of your approach. Do you see what Im taking issue with?

Like, you seem allergic to acknowledge that my perception of your word choice 'aggressive' could be interpreted as vague and taunting. And if you are unwilling or unable to recognize something obvious and small like that, then it feels like your entire strategy is in bad faith.

Bad faith meaning you have no intention of reading posts or conversations in good faith. Meaning, in the context of the game, you're not looking for understanding, you're looking to be right. But thats just a REALLY bad approach to the game if you are trying to solve in the first place.

I think you could be Town, I'm not trying to discredit you, so please understand what I'm saying. I think you need to approach the game with a more open mind to accepting the other's viewpoint.

Simple as that.

This is your quote

You make a claim but you don't use any reference for us to have a conversation around to reach understanding. When I ask for a reference you never provide one. Again, this is play in bad faith. You're not looking to reach understanding through communication. I really thjnk you don't understand the point of the game. Its not about pointing out things that are wrong, its about DISCUSSION and trying to find understamding in the dark.

I know this is a lot about nothing but playstyle but I figure ut's important you understand where I'm comjng from.

I'm not playing 'aggressive' by engaging in conversation. I'm playing in a manner that seeks understanding. Not in a way that belittles or seeks to elevate myself. Again, I'm very reasonable, open to criticism and good faith conversation.
    /sigh Some people search for conflict, others simply must remind us of the reality of war. We are in fact in a town on the brink of disaster (a goofy town by my first impression) and Mr. Cage is indeed trying to do something. I'm just not sure of what or how. Are we beginning by arguing for the sake of arguing?

18. ISO #568

Spoiler : A lot of blabla that doesn't answer my and green worm's question :

Simple as that.

This is your quote

"your play is 5-8 on 100" is pretty much "bahaha you're bad at game" lol, if that's not what you meant it was very poorly worded, since it's rather unambiguous...

But since it's not so useful to repeat myself over the meaning of words and expressions, I'll just repeat myself on the actually important point you have not addressed despite it being in size 4 teal. And I will make sure it is visible, so that you cannot miss it.

What are your reads, and why are they the way they are? Give them all and explain them.

If your reply to this post does not contain your reads and explainations related to them, my vote will remain on you and I will make sure you get lynched today. And whether your blood is green or red, it will be washed from our hands by your silence.

Amen.

19. ISO #569

20. ISO #570

Note that I'm very reasonable. A reasonable town player whose questions are being blatantly ignored several times will reasonably demand answers, and will reasonably lynch the one who keeps ignoring his questions. Hence why I'd like a reply, por favor.
    My dear Dragonfly, that is only reasonable

21. ISO #571

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Arnarld Quinne View Post
    You seem to be antagonizing. Seemingly on purpose.
    You don't mention the coroner but focus on yourself. Do I think your not town? You're leaning that direction.

Do I think Jiles is not mafia? I don't have much of an indication yet. But they lean more town.

I may be Paranoid. What concern is it too you?
    right, I can definitely see how you see me as antagonizing. I'm playing in a manner with Jiles that by all means is that way. Its probably in poor form because, although I'm certain they are Mafia, I should treat them with respect and ddcency as a person I n behind the account. But my intention isn't to be seen as knee antagonizing another, that was definitely a mistake on my part. Please understamd my position, I am positive they are Mafia, I am not looking for reactions, I am not even really looking for credit. I just need everyone to understand that sooner or later, in order to win, we will have to vote out or eliminate Jiles. Its just that simple.

I don't think I would ever talk about the coroner. Ever. I don't agree with talking about power roles or hyoithesizing what they should do, or think etc. It only risks exposure, especially this early. Does that make sense?

Also its interesting that you would have me leaning not Town. I feel like I singlehandedly brought the state of play out of the gutter and my back is so tired from all that carrying now. Further, I think it's pretty rotten to suspect players who have brought the most to the game. It doesn't make logical sense and it doesn't feel right? I'm not sure how to ohrase it, but its the opposite of a mind meld. Still, its good to know. Frankly, I doubt you'd have the guts to doubt me as Mafia so I still think you're Town oddly, however wrkng.

I think eventually you're going to have rework your Jiles read, but thats more of a reflection on you.

About paranoia, it concerns me in that Im trying to understand your behavior in order to solve you. I think paranoia can be Towny if its done in a certain way, its hard for Mafia to fake. You being paranoid would explain why your reads feel like they're coming from the upside down world and I could figure out where you're coming from.

Your last questions reads a bit cagey? Do you not want me trying to understand you?

22. ISO #572

"your play is 5-8 on 100" is pretty much "bahaha you're bad at game" lol, if that's not what you meant it was very poorly worded, since it's rather unambiguous...

But since it's not so useful to repeat myself over the meaning of words and expressions, I'll just repeat myself on the actually important point you have not addressed despite it being in size 4 teal. And I will make sure it is visible, so that you cannot miss it.

What are your reads, and why are they the way they are? Give them all and explain them.

If your reply to this post does not contain your reads and explainations related to them, my vote will remain on you and I will make sure you get lynched today. And whether your blood is green or red, it will be washed from our hands by your silence.

Amen.
    I'm phone posting give me a moment dude. If it isn't clear I put thiught into my replies and with the diverse array of interactions, your expectations are immature and selfish.

23. ISO #573

I'm phone posting give me a moment dude. If it isn't clear I put thiught into my replies and with the diverse array of interactions, your expectations are immature and selfish.
    It is immature and selfish to demand more than "he said interesting" for you to say "so he's confirmed scum, I can stop paying attention to him and I can fully discredit him" after ~500 posts?

Vote Nicholas Cage, thank you

24. ISO #574

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Edoua Maije View Post
    1) Because simply put , so far all of your posts have been unhelpful, i could have quoted all of them but that would have taken too much time. I understand trolling at the beginning of the day but it feels like you havnt stopped yet. What annoys me most is that teal was trying to steer town into a good direction but you managed to get the conversation of track.

1B) i would have liked to post more but i'm afraid that was out of my control

2) I will elaborate on it in time , i feel that if i were to give my opinion now they would play differently and i find that their discussion is giving good insights into how they play
    I agree with this to a rather significant extent (maybe not ALL of his posts were unhelpful though), and look forward to see more from you, on this topic and on other ones.

25. ISO #575

It is immature and selfish to demand more than "he said interesting" for you to say "so he's confirmed scum, I can stop paying attention to him and I can fully discredit him" after ~500 posts?

Vote Nicholas Cage, thank you
    If he is town i'd go as far as to consider him a hindrance at this point, but I think my read is accurate.

26. ISO #576

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Jiles Carballo View Post
    If he is town i'd go as far as to consider him a hindrance at this point, but I think my read is accurate.
    Green Worm is right. Without understanding his reasoning, we'll end up talking about nothing. A road block. Mr. Cage, could I suggest you take a step back and explain concisely with as few words as possible. I say that because we don't have much to go on yet, but you are attempting to quickly build a debate.

27. ISO #577

I don't think I would ever talk about the coroner. Ever. I don't agree with talking about power roles or hyoithesizing what they should do, or think etc. It only risks exposure, especially this early. Does that make sense?
    I feel it definitely has its uses, some games are better solved mechanically. i don't think i've ever seen a TPR expose himself because of it. And i also don't find that the mafia gains much from it.

I agree with this to a rather significant extent (maybe not ALL of his posts were unhelpful though), and look forward to see more from you, on this topic and on other ones.
    I'm not an inactive player although the first half of the day may suggest so, simply the host gave me a wrong password. although i won't ask him to confirm this since i believe its against the rules. I will say at the start of this game i thought Cage was joking about his deathpush , but the longer the game progresses the less certain i am.

However i think they are TvT or TvN and nothing more.

28. ISO #578

I feel it definitely has its uses, some games are better solved mechanically. i don't think i've ever seen a TPR expose himself because of it. And i also don't find that the mafia gains much from it.

I'm not an inactive player although the first half of the day may suggest so, simply the host gave me a wrong password. although i won't ask him to confirm this since i believe its against the rules. I will say at the start of this game i thought Cage was joking about his deathpush , but the longer the game progresses the less certain i am.

However i think they are TvT or TvN and nothing more.
    Not even first half, 72 hr D1

29. ISO #579

30. ISO #580

right, I can definitely see how you see me as antagonizing. I'm playing in a manner with Jiles that by all means is that way. Its probably in poor form because, although I'm certain they are Mafia, I should treat them with respect and ddcency as a person I n behind the account. But my intention isn't to be seen as knee antagonizing another, that was definitely a mistake on my part..

Your last questions reads a bit cagey? Do you not want me trying to understand you?
    not going to lie , i laughed

I appreciate the effort and work you put into your thoughts and replies. But this isn't the way to go about it.

31. ISO #581

32. ISO #582

33. ISO #583

I don't think I agree with this. The coroner idea made a lot of sense to me actually.
    The coroner is one of our most powerful resources and I also think it makes sense to use those powers today before targets can be framed and before the coroner can potentially be killed.

To be clear; I also support the coroner using his/her special today x2.

The results will give us direction.

34. ISO #584

Actually, with a cooler head, I think Lois' stuff is too weird and too scummy to be scum... Pushing the "interesting" to the point of "confirmed scum" really sucks, and most people will acknowledge that, so I don't think he wants to pull a mislynch from it, because noone will be convinced by that and he knows it. His super obvious avoid-the-question game around Jiles and me also makes no sense if he wants to convince anyone. So, uh, the conclusion is that he's town with a weird strategy, because it would be too bad to be real as scum? Uh. I don't know anymore.
    Quaaaack...

35. ISO #585

36. ISO #586

37. ISO #587

38. ISO #588

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Bart Pilfter View Post
    I don't think I agree with this. The coroner idea made a lot of sense to me actually.
    The coroner is one of our most powerful resources and I also think it makes sense to use those powers today before targets can be framed and before the coroner can potentially be killed.

Mr. Grey Worm. Are you suggesting we find our coroner to protect him?

39. ISO #589

40. ISO #590

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Bart Pilfter View Post

I support early use of the Geneticist/Coroner's powers for the previously stated reason of the Geneticist's possibility of dying. However, I believe his public role reveal ability should only be used on lynched players, not on nightkills: we want to know what the lynched players flipped, but we pretty much know what nightkills flip (almost always town). Nightkill flips can wait, but lynch flips can't.

41. ISO #591

42. ISO #592

43. ISO #593

44. ISO #594

45. ISO #595

46. ISO #596

47. ISO #597

48. ISO #598

49. ISO #599

Buddying contrary to his scumreads? Where? Can you elaborate a bit on progression and indifference, too?
    Lois made the points about mental progression pretty clear.

Jiles posted a readslist that marked me scum. Then tried to buddy up with me immediately afterwards, against Lois.

50. ISO #600

Don't take this the wrong way Jan but at this point it feels like you are either feigning ignorance or you havn't read the chat.
    The bird joke has been beaten to death by now.
    I take in a lot of reading each day so sometimes jokes get lost in the process. I have to sift through what is relevant to me. It sounds like I missed the joke lol.