M-FM Fringe: Alternate Universe - Page 4
Register

User Tag List

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #151

Re: Alternate Universe D1 Continued

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Marksman View Post
    Highlighting this post for discussion.

Given the mafia have 24/7 communication and can constantly keep each other informed of what's going on in both universes, what do we think about the possibility that Yes doesn't feel the pressure because he has information about the vote tally in the other (main?) universe?
    yeah dude that's it you caught me red handed they have cryptonic pinned down with 8 votes

2. ISO #152

3. ISO #153

4. ISO #154

Highlighting this post for discussion.

Given the mafia have 24/7 communication and can constantly keep each other informed of what's going on in both universes, what do we think about the possibility that Yes doesn't feel the pressure because he has information about the vote tally in the other (main?) universe?
    I'll get to the other posts tonight, but since this was flagged up-

Even if the other side had some crazy vote tally, I think Yes would still feel pressure because after they lynch someone on the other side, Yes is still probably next.

5. ISO #155

6. ISO #156

7. ISO #157

Friendly reminder to NOT use the "report post" function, as this will allow staff in the other universe to see the reported post. If you see a problematic post, please PM me directly.
    Are we informed of lynches (and the vote tally/role-flip on those lynches) that occur in the other universe?
    No.

8. ISO #158

9. ISO #159

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Yes View Post
    I don't believe anyone will follow suit atm, so I don't really see a point and as I already said I would prefer if no one was lynched today.
    If you don't think anyone else would be willing to vote kool aid you're not reading the game close enough.

The point is that voting is our biggest asset so refusing to use it cripples the town. Even if we decide to no lynch at the end would you rather everyone sit on our hands doing nothing instead?

10. ISO #160

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Zealot View Post
    If you don't think anyone else would be willing to vote kool aid you're not reading the game close enough.

The point is that voting is our biggest asset so refusing to use it cripples the town. Even if we decide to no lynch at the end would you rather everyone sit on our hands doing nothing instead?
    ok man I'll vote him if you will stop talking about it.
    -vote M-FM Kool-Aid

11. ISO #161

12. ISO #162

13. ISO #163

14. ISO #164

15. ISO #165

16. ISO #166

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Zynonymous View Post
    I still have yet to see a case against Yes. What exactly is the deal with this train? Just a lack of defense plus a lack of evidence?
    He started off the day by contributing absolutely nothing of value. Then the universes split and he continued to say nothing of value and instead spammed emotes. He also gave half-assed reads which he never bothered to explain, then outright refused to explain when asked. And even now that he's spent nearly half the day (post-split) with a pile of votes on him, he still has yet to provide any explanation or defense for his behavior. He has referred to lynching today as "anti-town" (which is funny because he has been on the chopping block all day) and is hell bent on letting a jailor jail instead despite the fact that we might not even have a jailor in the game let alone this universe.

17. ISO #167

@OrpZed Is Mafia chat only available at night? Or is it 24/7? If 24/7, Why does it need to 'Open'?
    It really took that long to figure out?
    Shade from the guy who asked a question which could have been answered by reading the setup. lol

18. ISO #168

19. ISO #169

This was questioned because the setup had conflicting details. It stated that the Mafia chat opens at a certain time in the OoO.
    There were no conflicting details. It was obvious that it was stated in the OoO due to the jailor/kidnapper removing a person from all their night chats, including the mafia chat.

20. ISO #170

21. ISO #171

22. ISO #172

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Cruise Elroy View Post
    So, Zealot. Why exactly are you after me now? Because all I can see, you're just trying to pressure me.

And for what it's worth, I didn't mean Marksman/Zealot/Yes were a group in any sense other than, "I'm sure one of them is scum."
    Pacman sends his greetings

23. ISO #173

24. ISO #174

25. ISO #175

How is my math wrong? The odds you just posted aren't favorable.
    There is on average 2.5 scum out of nine people in this universe. If I thought someone was scum more than 2.5/9 whatever percent then I would vote to lynch them because we'd probably be in a better position than right now. All that is left is for you to agree.

26. ISO #176

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Kyoko Kirigiri View Post
    There is on average 2.5 scum out of nine people in this universe. If I thought someone was scum more than 2.5/9 whatever percent then I would vote to lynch them because we'd probably be in a better position than right now. All that is left is for you to agree.
    Sure, I just don't think there's enough info to push us past that point atm.

27. ISO #177

<To Yes>
    Not true at all, I have defended myself some, but those are not my "only" replies. Self defense isn't a majority or even a plurality. And it couldn't be further from the truth because I really don't give a fuck if anyone thinks I'm scum, but I know how this game works- if I ignore the accusations I'm "refusing to explain myself" and "ignoring the accusations/laying low and hoping they go away". So I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't. But I like the way you included that in your attack so that when I defend myself from your blatantly false accusations it looks as though I'm proving your point to further put me in an unwinnable position. Very sneaky.
    Given that you made like ~10 posts yesterday and like 5 were of the defense of yourself. I would say yes, this is the truth. But maybe it was a bad characterization, because yes town defend themselves, and yes, I've caught scum spending the whole game defending themselves and only talking about themselves. I'm going to let this one go for now.

I explained myself. Learn to read. Or get better at lying.
    You called my analogy bad. Ok.

I like that you call me selfish here. 1) Because the closest thing you have to evidence is that I defend myself from attacks, which anyone would do and 2) Because even if I was selfish that means nothing in the scope of the game. All that matters is whether or not I'm scum, but you don't call me out as scum, you instead resort to attacking my character as if that somehow matters.
    1) see below
    2) "Selfish" was the wrong word. "Self-serving" would have been a better one. What people roll for a role and the way they act definitely is connected. Players who act too selfish are scum. If it wasn't clear, I was calling you scum.

This is your first and only fair criticism of me. I should have discussed the mechanics more. That being said, no one else really brought anything to the table on this topic or even expressed much interest in talking about anything other than the fact that I shit on their beloved "RVS" bulshit. So I only take half responsibility for this one.
    Ok.

I was exasperated and that's exactly what zealot was doing, so yeah I stand by those posts.
    Ok.. and you dismissed the fact that you didn't engage other people with their questions. A town would have been inquisitive and looked around for answers.
    You not doing that means that you don't push the conversation forward.

28. ISO #178

Sure, I just don't think there's enough info to push us past that point atm.
    Random lynching gets us 2.5/9.
    ANYTHING anything, even something like: Lurkers are 10% more likely to be scum. He shouted an insult as a first post, 10% more likely to be scum, or some other random crap gets you over that threshold.
    If you have ONE townread, lynching between anyone else is good.

I'm guessing you don't see scumminess as something that scales?

29. ISO #179

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Almost Late View Post
    Off the top of my head.

Ass says he is a new forum mafia player, yet he plays like the biggest douche i've ever seen. But a new forum mafia player instantly asks somebody if they are Mesk.
    How did nobody see this giant gaping hole.

Then Koolaid also says he is a new forum mafia player, then he votes Yes a train I started even though he put me as a scumread ? (you remind me of NU when he got lynched D1 as scum on Politico)

Now we have Yes suddenly contributing i'm happy my vote had effect but the train that happened tells me Yes isnt scum.

Then kirianimenofuckingclue name puts on a wall of text making the shittiest accusation of Marksman meanwhile using only her pronouns and basically revealing the COM behind the anon account.

Jesus fuck people
    Ram has played like two games on this site, so he's kinda new.

Good point about Koolaid, but try not to bring up players that people may not know.

Yes seems to believe he is right. What he is doing is objectively scummy but I don't read any bad intent from him.

Regarding kirianimu: You thought my accusation of Marksman was bad... but bad how? <- Would like a response to this one.
    I used her pronouns because her avatar is a she. Am I blind?

30. ISO #180

31. ISO #181

That being said i dont think we got a bad universe of players with some activity we can make this work.

I didnt want sino or dw since i hate readind their logic so

Whats on my mind is 2 things.
    Should we discusa what to do when we get a visitor. And all things we discuss can be used by mafia in the other day so how careful should we be
    Yeah I hate reasoning with them too.

Should we discuss _____________________________?
    Heck yes. Why do you even need to ask?

My thought is that when we get a visitor, we don't lynch them because they are our guests and secondly because the other side chose not to lynch them. So we give them a town handicap or something.

We shouldn't be careful about day chat because..
    I don't see a problem letting mafia know what we are discussing.
    If we were careful.. how the heck would we do that?
    I don't see a problem, I don't see a solution.

32. ISO #182

I doubt scum would want to draw that kind of attention to themselves. I refute that.
    I was explaining it in terms I thought he would understand. How he scum reads other people is a whole another lion.

How about you? Please assess the validity of these statements:
    Lurk = Scum
    Rude = Town
    Slow vote = Scum

33. ISO #183

34. ISO #184

35. ISO #185

No you see what you want to see , if you think your play can result in trains you are delusional , pretty much like the illusion you made when you accused Marksman.
    I do watch animu :x Oh, and please explain why you don't agree? (repeated in another post)

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Almost Late
    There is so much wrong with this posts it pings you as scum to me. I'll break it down
    First you say Marksman Zealot yes are a group , first of all 2 of them are voting Yes and the same 2 people are some of our most active pre game chatters, You meanwhile made this post your first official post aka YOU HAVE NO INFLUENCE because you decided to do some shitty rp that nobody found funny or appreciated. Then you jump on Yes as the 10th person or something.
    Then you feel the need to include Ass in your post. This feels like you are trying to turn the spotlight away from an Ass lynch.
    Not that I am currently town reading Kool-Aid, but it seems that you scum read him if he is in cohorts with Ram hehehe, but you don't scum read Ram as well?
    Anyway, that's a whole lot of pre-flip association and you might want to reconsider.

36. ISO #186

Ok.. and you dismissed the fact that you didn't engage other people with their questions. A town would have been inquisitive and looked around for answers.
    You not doing that means that you don't push the conversation forward.
    I've been having conversations all day. All you've done is make bullshit accusations. Now you're voting on Cruise Elroy because...Why?

37. ISO #187

My thought is that when we get a visitor, we don't lynch them because they are our guests and secondly because the other side chose not to lynch them. So we give them a town handicap or something.
    I disagree. The other side not lynching them means very little. They might have simply had a better target that day and not known the person would be able to swap universes. Or they may have fully intended to lynch the person, but we managed to get more votes on whoever we decided to lynch that day. Furthermore, even if the visitor was hailed as the towniest towny to ever town in the other universe, they lacked the knowledge that he could switch universes, so we have new information that they did not have. At the very least, all new visitors must claim how they got here. If the person claims to have moved themselves here (enhanced cit) then we should policy lynch them to catch William Bell (unless Bell is dead already).

38. ISO #188

ANYTHING anything, even something like: Lurkers are 10% more likely to be scum. He shouted an insult as a first post, 10% more likely to be scum, or some other random crap gets you over that threshold.

I'm guessing you don't see scumminess as something that scales?
    I'm accounting for most reads being incorrect at this stage.

39. ISO #189

40. ISO #190

I like this dude. Has some brains
    RIDE OR CRY

41. ISO #191

Hello friends. Its your friendly neighborhood Anus Rammer.

I think Yes is good. He has the IDGAF if the attention is on me attitude. Is it against the rules to ask where he lives and call his power company to see if there really was a power outage? huehuehue

AlmostLate coming into this universe guns blazing and immediately voting seems tooo suspicious to be suspicious lol. I think he could possibly be voting randomly to gauge someones reaction to being voted?

Koolaid is pretty inactive but i haven't seen him browsing thIS thread. Lets be aware of people who are busy with school/work. I think we can all relate to that and be understanding.

Marksman/Zealot seem like they got friendly. im jealous of their friendship.

Im sorry i know im suppose to do these reads but i don't get why. Its day 1. How am i suppose to contribute without any information

Sorry for the noob questions but i've only substituted very very late in the game for like 12 hours so I don't know how things work. Do evils automatically know their teammates?
    RIDE OR CRY

42. ISO #192

43. ISO #193

Quote Originally Posted by AnassRhamur View Post
    Hello friends. Its your friendly neighborhood Anus Rammer.

I think Yes is good. He has the IDGAF if the attention is on me attitude. Is it against the rules to ask where he lives and call his power company to see if there really was a power outage? huehuehue

AlmostLate coming into this universe guns blazing and immediately voting seems tooo suspicious to be suspicious lol. I think he could possibly be voting randomly to gauge someones reaction to being voted?

Koolaid is pretty inactive but i haven't seen him browsing thIS thread. Lets be aware of people who are busy with school/work. I think we can all relate to that and be understanding.

Marksman/Zealot seem like they got friendly. im jealous of their friendship.

Im sorry i know im suppose to do these reads but i don't get why. Its day 1. How am i suppose to contribute without any information

Sorry for the noob questions but i've only substituted very very late in the game for like 12 hours so I don't know how things work. Do evils automatically know their teammates?
    He's actually been viewing the thread a few times that I've noticed without saying anything lol

44. ISO #194

45. ISO #195

I disagree. The other side not lynching them means very little. They might have simply had a better target that day and not known the person would be able to swap universes. Or they may have fully intended to lynch the person, but we managed to get more votes on whoever we decided to lynch that day. Furthermore, even if the visitor was hailed as the towniest towny to ever town in the other universe, they lacked the knowledge that he could switch universes, so we have new information that they did not have. At the very least, all new visitors must claim how they got here. If the person claims to have moved themselves here (enhanced cit) then we should policy lynch them to catch William Bell (unless Bell is dead already).
    I keep forgetting that only one universe gets to lynch. Also, after thinking about it, I don't see why an enhanced citizen would want to switch in the first place.

I quite like you mentioning the policy lynching of them. It was mentioned in setup workshop by one of the critiques, but I just can't see why William Bell would want to switch universes. He charges a person in each universe, which means he doesn't need to switch to kill. A possible reason he would switch would be if he came under suspicion, in that event, wouldn't we just simply tell him to switch back to their own universe/ threaten to policy lynch him then? I'd guess it would have to depend on what kind of news they bring.

46. ISO #196

47. ISO #197

I keep forgetting that only one universe gets to lynch. Also, after thinking about it, I don't see why an enhanced citizen would want to switch in the first place.

I quite like you mentioning the policy lynching of them. It was mentioned in setup workshop by one of the critiques, but I just can't see why William Bell would want to switch universes. He charges a person in each universe, which means he doesn't need to switch to kill. A possible reason he would switch would be if he came under suspicion, in that event, wouldn't we just simply tell him to switch back to their own universe/ threaten to policy lynch him then? I'd guess it would have to depend on what kind of news they bring.
    Just to give info about what's happening in the other universe is the only reason I can think of.

48. ISO #198

49. ISO #199

50. ISO #200

Hello hello. Im starting to like kiri more and more with the discussion he is bringing forward good job

Now where i left of before hitting the pub was thinking about a koolaid or cruise lynch. Ill reread em both but im going to place my vote on koolaid simply because he sticks on the yes train that i started but called me scummy. Looks to me like a scum throwing shit at the wall hoping for it to stick.