S-FM 176: Mafia Wars - Page 3
Register

User Tag List

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #101

Re: S-FM 177: Mafia Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Firebringer View Post
    I skimmed his stuff, and try to read between the lines of what he said. That was my view of what he said if I could sum it in a short summary.

If you want to call me scummy for misrep *meeh* go ahead.
    Dude, I get that you don't like to waffle on, but saying "Suntax thinks Sen is town" without explaining your thought processes is unhelpful and leads to this dumb prompting of things you should already be doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    Why'd you leave out the sun emoji? I think it creates a huge sense of tone that is critical for the interpretation of the chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM Romeo View Post
    Go fuck yourself in the cucho.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed
    Your accent has ruined medieval fantasy films.

2. ISO #102

Reads List:

{RLVG}
    {Orpz}
    {Sen}
    {Everyone Else}
    {ThePaladin}
    {Calix}
    So is this list town to scum(top to bottom)
    or scum to town(top to bottom?

Lynching paladin is like picking out the biggest guy in prison and trying to beat him up because he looks the toughest.He is the most townie person here and its really silly he [has a train on him], given the level of stupid on this wagon, should I be even surprised?

3. ISO #103

Suntax has still yet to give a read on me besides he doesn't like me shitposting.
    I would like a "Town" or "Scum" or where you are at. You said you would find it suspicious if I found RLVG to be really town. So you think I am buddying with RLVG? Since you voted him?
    Don't pet growlithe, he will bite you.

4. ISO #104

5. ISO #105

yes i do firebringer as the first 2 pages were shitposts from you and on the subject of sen i see him less scummy then RLVG but more scummy then firebringer atm but as hardly anyone has posted that is prone to change
    Listen here in Russian,ex forces and fought in the Afghan war and the first Chechen war I drink vodka and lived in England for 13 years wanna stop me try it.

6. ISO #106

Quote Originally Posted by Calix View Post
    Dude, I get that you don't like to waffle on, but saying "Suntax thinks Sen is town" without explaining your thought processes is unhelpful and leads to this dumb prompting of things you should already be doing.
    And I am willing to answer your questions.
    I don't always post all my thoughts cause I don't feel like its necessary.

7. ISO #107

Quote Originally Posted by Suntax View Post
    yes i do firebringer as the first 2 pages were shitposts from you and on the subject of sen i see him less scummy then RLVG but more scummy then firebringer atm but as hardly anyone has posted that is prone to change
    Theres now 5 pages in this game. You said majority of my posts are shit posts.
    You now saying my recent posts aren't?

First 2 pages are RVS.

So you see all three of us scummy? Correct? But it goes in this order:
    RVLG > Sen > Firebringer

8. ISO #108

Town to Scum.
    You are scummy buddy.
    Mind me asking why you're thinking that?
    Is it just cause, I agreed with calix for thinking that Suntax should be voted since I didn't see him posting while browsing the thread?

Lynching paladin is like picking out the biggest guy in prison and trying to beat him up because he looks the toughest.He is the most townie person here and its really silly he [has a train on him], given the level of stupid on this wagon, should I be even surprised?

9. ISO #109

i said that i have no proper reasoned opinion on you at this moment and if you actually did find RLVG towny then i would like a backed up reason or else it is plain buddying and as such very scummy.

also i am not going to ISO every shit post because yoy had more into the early game and some into the present game such as your list was un reasoned and felt lie a shit post and the post
    RLVG is so towny right now
    i feel are both shit posts
    Listen here in Russian,ex forces and fought in the Afghan war and the first Chechen war I drink vodka and lived in England for 13 years wanna stop me try it.

10. ISO #110

11. ISO #111

Opening has me thinking you are scum.
    Because I think RLVG is trying to reverse reverse psychology to fake town?

On a side-note, I hope spruance browses soon seeing how well he did last game.

12. ISO #112

Do you see any of them as possible town though?

Because in this setup, town has the overwhelming majority at the moment. We need to be town-clearing as many players as we can.

That means town need to be actively helping the town by scumhunting and trying to clear town. Both need to be backed up with clear thought processes and reasoning behind your decisions.

Lurking is an even worse strategy than it normally is. Protectives can block FBI Agent from recruiting moles, so that should not be a worry. If we're really stumped, the Drug Dealer can attempt to use their 'no feedback' ability on someone they suspect will be recruited.

PSA: If you are Drug Dealer, do not use this ability willy-nilly. It should only be used if a) a Protective is dead and b) the FBI Agent can actually recruit.

13. ISO #113

i said that i have no proper reasoned opinion on you at this moment and if you actually did find RLVG towny then i would like a backed up reason or else it is plain buddying and as such very scummy.

also i am not going to ISO every shit post because yoy had more into the early game and some into the present game such as your list was un reasoned and felt lie a shit post and the post i feel are both shit posts
    Buddying implies that he is town. Or are you saying that he is teammate?
    When you say buddying, what are you meaning?

I am serious with my read on RLVG. So tell me you think RLVG and I are scum together or what?

14. ISO #114

Do you see any of them as possible town though?

Because in this setup, town has the overwhelming majority at the moment. We need to be town-clearing as many players as we can.

That means town need to be actively helping the town by scumhunting and trying to clear town. Both need to be backed up with clear thought processes and reasoning behind your decisions.

Lurking is an even worse strategy than it normally is. Protectives can block FBI Agent from recruiting moles, so that should not be a worry. If we're really stumped, the Drug Dealer can attempt to use their 'no feedback' ability on someone they suspect will be recruited.

PSA: If you are Drug Dealer, do not use this ability willy-nilly. It should only be used if a) a Protective is dead and b) the FBI Agent can actually recruit.
    Calix this is why I don't get Suntax, he seems to have several scum reads than possible or at least thinks everyone active is being scummy of some sort.

I don't know, has me thinking he is likely town though.

15. ISO #115

16. ISO #116

Calix this is why I don't get Suntax, he seems to have several scum reads than possible or at least thinks everyone active is being scummy of some sort.

I don't know, has me thinking he is likely town though.
    I can read it either way. Noob town is possible, but I think if you prompt him some more while he's around, we can either try and clear him for now and move onto the next suspect or move in for a possible lynch.

I like how nobody has given a read on me despite my activity levels. You say I am the scummiest and that's about it so far. Interesting.
    Why'd you leave out the sun emoji? I think it creates a huge sense of tone that is critical for the interpretation of the chat.

17. ISO #117

I think your thinking about it too much.
    Obvious plays are obvious.
    And Psycholical manipulation plays are not obvious.
    I can do it too!

18. ISO #118

19. ISO #119

MFW people "read" me at the start of d1:

Ah, yes. If for some twisted reason the mod made you a Town Janitor, Tailor, or Drug Dealer, don't go full retard with it.

20. ISO #120

Buddying implies that he is town. Or are you saying that he is teammate?
    When you say buddying, what are you meaning?

I am serious with my read on RLVG. So tell me you think RLVG and I are scum together or what?
    teammate and yes if you think RLVG is town then its scummy unless your next post is about why you think RLVG is scum then its obvios buddying and implies that your scum buddies.

at this moment i feel RLVG IS A DEFINITE scum but Sen and FB ae just acting scummy at this moment but Sen is scummy then FB atm

21. ISO #121

I am heading out now, hopefully this game stays active.
    Going to go drinking. Cya later, might seem drunk post or something.
    So Firebringer leaves when he's being assulted by multiple people on his read of RLVG as town
    and gives no specific reason for why me and Calix are scummy to him.....

Suntax spoke so I'm unpressuring him with vote
    -vote RLVG

22. ISO #122

Quote Originally Posted by Sen View Post
    MFW people "read" me at the start of d1:

Ah, yes. If for some twisted reason the mod made you a Town Janitor, Tailor, or Drug Dealer, don't go full retard with it.
    Excuse me, I feel you are being too vague with this instruction. Allow me to clarify.

For the love of God, do not use your ability as Janitor or Tailor. You are a named Citizen.

There is already a high enough chance that Janitor claims are going to be lynched if anyone was cleaned. Don't shoot yourself in the foot.

23. ISO #123

teammate and yes if you think RLVG is town then its scummy unless your next post is about why you think RLVG is scum then its obvios buddying and implies that your scum buddies.

at this moment i feel RLVG IS A DEFINITE scum but Sen and FB ae just acting scummy at this moment but Sen is scummy then FB atm
    You think RLVG is 100% scum, absolutely no chance of him being town? Why can't he be town?

24. ISO #124

Excuse me, I feel you are being too vague with this instruction. Allow me to clarify.

For the love of God, do not use your ability as Janitor or Tailor. You are a named Citizen.

There is already a high enough chance that Janitor claims are going to be lynched if anyone was cleaned. Don't shoot yourself in the foot.
    Is there some extremely next level meta where those roles should ever use their ability?

25. ISO #125

26. ISO #126

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaladin View Post
    Because I think RLVG is trying to reverse reverse psychology to fake town?
    I know you know that I know that you know that we know that they know that I'm scummy which makes me towny which makes me neutral which makes me confirmed Citizen in this game for no reason while you accept the reason as invalid but true.

I can confirm that Firebringer is an architect buddy of mine and we share a night chat together. /S

Suntax is a shitty FBI.

27. ISO #127

Is there some extremely next level meta where those roles should ever use their ability?
    Like to confirm themselves or to prevent a town whose lw is likely to mislead town such as what I'm expecting from Spruance after last game, or to severely mess with the scum if they chose investigative roles

28. ISO #128

Yes, but unless you are an elite-tier player (read: nobody is so don't try using your abilities, you fucks) then you should avoid using it as part of your WIFOM9000 plan.

It is almost certainly going to lead to a rope wrapped around your neck.

29. ISO #129

Quote Originally Posted by Sen View Post
    Yeah, what Calix said.

@Sheepmaster: Drug Dealer can prevent the FBi from converting. Janitor & Tailor are full scum roles, and anyone using them will be treated as such.
    Am I still sheepmaster?

30. ISO #130

Like to confirm themselves or to prevent a town whose lw is likely to mislead town such as what I'm expecting from Spruance after last game, or to severely mess with the scum if they chose investigative roles
    Confirming themselves should not be the issue. Scum can be any role that town can.

Janitors and Tailors need to avoid being read as scum. AKA, THEY SHOULD ACT LIKE TOWN AND TRY TO TAKE THE BULLET FOR THE IMPORTANT TPRS. HINT HINT HINT

Trying to fuck with the scum is also going to fuck with town even more.

31. ISO #131

32. ISO #132

Confirming themselves should not be the issue. Scum can be any role that town can.

Janitors and Tailors need to avoid being read as scum. AKA, THEY SHOULD ACT LIKE TOWN AND TRY TO TAKE THE BULLET FOR THE IMPORTANT TPRS. HINT HINT HINT

Trying to fuck with the scum is also going to fuck with town even more.
    Question? Why did you just say that the Janitors and Tailors need to avoid being read as scum? and should "act like town"?

That would seem to insinuate you are assuming that there is a janitor and tailor that aren't town, but we have no clue why idea the Lucianos or however you spell it (sorry italians).

Scum Slip Much?

33. ISO #133

34. ISO #134

35. ISO #135

Quote Originally Posted by RLVG View Post
    Based on shit.

Scummy :

ThePaladin
    Suntax
    Orpz

Neutral :

Calix
    Firebringer
    Toadette

Good Guy :

Sen
    So me an Suntax are scummy to you cause we voted you on reverse reverse psychology.
    Why Orbz is scummy?
    You forgot deathworlds he has you voted even....

36. ISO #136

37. ISO #137

Question? Why did you just say that the Janitors and Tailors need to avoid being read as scum? and should "act like town"?

That would seem to insinuate you are assuming that there is a janitor and tailor that aren't town, but we have no clue why idea the Lucianos or however you spell it (sorry italians).

Scum Slip Much?
    How is it a scum slip when I am telling town with shitty, negative-utility roles to make it obvious that they are town?

I mean that they shouldn't lurk or try any complicated gambits because their role claim is not going to save them if enough people pile on the votes.

Basically, don't get scumread if your role is Janitor or Tailor because your job is to die at night.

I'm not going to go into pages about what scum picked, only that there is no way that the scum would pick two deceptive roles.

38. ISO #138

So me an Suntax are scummy to you cause we voted you on reverse reverse psychology.
    Why Orbz is scummy?
    You forgot deathworlds he has you voted even....
    Deathworlds is a legit null.
    Also, the value of your posts as well as certain wordings. Y'know, triggers a scummy viewpoint.

I'm not going to straw tho.

39. ISO #139

40. ISO #140

How is it a scum slip when I am telling town with shitty, negative-utility roles to make it obvious that they are town?

I mean that they shouldn't lurk or try any complicated gambits because their role claim is not going to save them if enough people pile on the votes.

Basically, don't get scumread if your role is Janitor or Tailor because your job is to die at night.

I'm not going to go into pages about what scum picked, only that there is no way that the scum would pick two deceptive roles.
    I'm saying your use of the word "act"
    In order to act one must not be whatever they are acting, I believe.Sorry If I don't understand english too well. Do you see where I'm going with this? The key part is that word in your sentence.

PHOENIX WRIGHT ACE ATTORNEY IS HERE

41. ISO #141

Deathworlds is a legit null.
    Also, the value of your posts as well as certain wordings. Y'know, triggers a scummy viewpoint.

I'm not going to straw tho.
    What does Straw mean?
    Does that mean like look to deeply into wording?

42. ISO #142

43. ISO #143

I'm saying your use of the word "act"
    In order to act one must not be whatever they are acting, I believe.Sorry If I don't understand english too well. Do you see where I'm going with this? The key part is that word in your sentence.

PHOENIX WRIGHT ACE ATTORNEY IS HERE
    You haven't heard of the effects of typecasting then?

Yes, "act" like town as opposed to "acting" like scum, because town are capable of doing scummy things despite not being scum. Their actions would class as "acting" like scum, yes?

However, this is clearly a terrible move for Janitors/ Tailors because town cannot afford to waste a mislynch on them. Therefore town with shitty roles should "act" like they are confirmed town whose words mean something (aka, be active) despite not being confirmed town so that they draw the attention of the scum.

This is obvious.

Strawman means that you prop up a simplified version of your opponent's argument to counter, as opposed to countering their actual arguments. RLVG is a master of doing this.

44. ISO #144

You haven't heard of the effects of typecasting then?

Yes, "act" like town as opposed to "acting" like scum, because town are capable of doing scummy things despite not being scum. Their actions would class as "acting" like scum, yes?

However, this is clearly a terrible move for Janitors/ Tailors because town cannot afford to waste a mislynch on them. Therefore town with shitty roles should "act" like they are confirmed town whose words mean something (aka, be active) despite not being confirmed town so that they draw the attention of the scum.

This is obvious.

Strawman means that you prop up a simplified version of your opponent's argument to counter, as opposed to countering their actual arguments. RLVG is a master of doing this.
    Okay I understand that. Thanks. You're a Slightly town read for me right now.

Oh, I know what strawman is I just didn't understand the use of using straw as the verb there, I'm used to hearing it as strawmanned(ing).
    Does That also mean by #Scotsman; he meant NoTrueScotsman?

45. ISO #145

Vote Count Update

ThePaladin (2 [L-5]):

RLVG, Firebringer
    RLVG (3 [L-4]):
    deathworlds, ThePaladin, Suntax
    Suntax (1 [L-6]):
    Calix
    Firebringer (2 [L-5]):
    Toadette, Yukitaka Oni

Let the record show that the moment the votes moved away from Suntax, he disappeared.

On the plus side, we are doing well for the number of trains. Four is plenty. If you are going to vote someone else, please show your working.

@Paladin, yes. RLVG was making a reference to No True Scotsman.

46. ISO #146

47. ISO #147

Vote Count Update

ThePaladin (2 [L-5]):

RLVG, Firebringer
    RLVG (3 [L-4]):
    deathworlds, ThePaladin, Suntax
    Suntax (1 [L-6]):
    Calix
    Firebringer (2 [L-5]):
    Toadette, Yukitaka Oni

Let the record show that the moment the votes moved away from Suntax, he disappeared.

On the plus side, we are doing well for the number of trains. Four is plenty. If you are going to vote someone else, please show your working.

@Paladin, yes. RLVG was making a reference to No True Scotsman.
    I might be perfectly liable to vote Spruance considering his plays last game made him seem scummy but was really a dumb town
    AKA he's very hard to read.

48. ISO #148

49. ISO #149

I might be perfectly liable to vote Spruance considering his plays last game made him seem scummy but was really a dumb town
    AKA he's very hard to read.
    I'd rather not let Suntax slink back into the shadows, seeing as he has conveniently ignored my recent posts directed towards him the moment you unvoted him.

I would consider voting Spruance if Suntax acts like town, however. He has been in several games now and has yet to show any signs that he listens to anyone or even properly reads what happens. I would rather not have him claiming to represent Team Town in a LYLO situation.

But I prefer where I'm sitting at the moment.

50. ISO #150

"Someone is hard to read so I'm going to use my valuable time and effort to prod them based on another game"
    ...I meant that he plays like a scum, so I might be perfectly liable to switch vote to him if he does same thing as last game or suddenly becomes Town leader. I wouldn't vote him if he seems mediocre town, or just halfway lurks again.