New Role: Messiah
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

New Role: Messiah

Messiah

Town Power or Neutral Benign

Objectives: (Town) or (Benign) Survive to the end.

Ability: Raise (1-4) characters from the dead. (Perhaps for 1 day only)
    (Alt: Talk to one player at night from the grave.)
    Invulnerable at night.
    (Optional: Immune to Roleblocking)

Crimes: Disturbing the Peace (Blasphemy, then it would work Cult and Mason as well)
    Night Sequence Action: You see a blinding light appear in the sky...

This is would be interesting role, to see how mafia/triad/neutral evil combat it. Definitely add some flavor to the game.
    Plus, Mafia has been due for another role on either benign or town side. Please, Consider this role or even changing a little. Thank You!

Edit: If you bring a disguised (hidden) character, if messiah were town wouldn't you want to reveal disguiser?
    Last edited by Deathman; April 25th, 2014 at 12:16 PM.

2. ISO #2

Re: New Role: Messiah

It seems a little powerful to me, it'd be a little more fair at least in my opinion if you had them alive for one day then return to the dead. Same mechanic, a lot less OP. Also, Messiah wouldn't really have an incentive to use their ability if BN, I say they revive someone and then the people of the faction that you revived have to win. Sort of like a reverse Ghost I guess. Except I'm guessing they should be unable to revive an EN because that'd be a Messiah insta loss.
    Last edited by Vantas; April 25th, 2014 at 11:12 AM.

Spoiler : Game History :
    [X] S-FM Reverse Mafia - Mason Leader [L]
    [X] FM XXI - Drug Dealer [L]
    [X] S-FM "Do you even lift?"- Tardy Tim [L]
    [X] S-FM Deaths Deadly Damned Detroit - Doctor [W]
    [X] S-FM Double Agents - Mafioso [W]
    [X] S-FM Corrupt - Doctor [-]

3. ISO #3

I have an alternate theory.

Town or Benign
    New Ability: Clean target of crimes commited.
    Target knows he is cleansed on/off.
    (Optional: Self Target on/off.)

Crimes: Trespassing, Forgery or None

This way it would really be too powerful. Instead it would force the investigative role to think on their target.
    Sort of be like Town's Janitor or Framer in way.
    Last edited by Deathman; April 25th, 2014 at 12:03 PM.

4. ISO #4

I feel like this would be too powerful when used in the late-game. Given the Messiah's night-immunity, he'll have problem getting there.

For example, he brings people back AFTER they've been discussing stuff while they were dead. Any number of things could happen that instantly destroy an opposing faction.
    If dead Cultists were talking about who they converted and who they have, everyone would know. The guy who is brought back will obviously reveal this.
    A disguised guy will usually say who he was prior to being disguised as. Someone gets brought back, rats out Disguiser.
    Mafia guys talk about members. Resurrected guy can relay this.
    Sanitized guys' roles are revealed, causing role-claims to be destroyed. Vital wills that were cleaned could be brought back and do the same thing.

I feel that the dead chat should be unrestricted and a place for dead people to discuss the current standings and their ideas. Since they're dead and have access to dead people's information, it's a bit too powerful to bring people back.

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Maybe the cleaner type role would fit better, than the Resurrection ability.

I have an alternate theory.

Town or Benign
    New Ability: Clean target of crimes commited.
    Target knows he is cleansed on/off.
    (Optional: Self Target on/off.)

Crimes: Trespassing, Forgery or None

This way it would really be too powerful. Instead it would force the investigative role to think on their target.
    Sort of be like Town's Janitor or Framer in way.