Animes FTW
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Animes FTW

1. ISO #1

Animes FTW

Well, just a thread, about animies, wich ones you like, wich ones not and anything to discuss over them, since the last real thread about them is like ~3 years old.

To begin with my favoriute anime is, still Steins Gate (interestingly enough that it gives a achievment that is called Gate of Steiner.^^), but the ones that i rated here: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kirasaya with 9 and 10 are awesome aswell in my opinion.
    This is the Revolution. The glorious Evolution. There is no light, without shadow.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Animes FTW

Trigun is the best anime of the category "episodic animes", though I haven't watched much of that because I generally dislike it. Other than that, I've watched relatively much, list is here. https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Vonax
    Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    i scumreaded him because his posts were gay
    Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    ah fuck.
    I HARDCLAIM MASON ASSASSIN.

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

I tried a few episodes of Naruto once.
    Battle - 2 mins; Exlanation of events happened during the battle - 10 mins; that's all I got.

And I'm now keen on Hetalia. I like how they show countries in interesting humourous way without any stereotypes such as Russia's ushanka, balalayka and bear.
    Favourite characters are England, Russia and Japan.
    Sencerely yours,

Self_Obsessed_Attention_Hungry_Wh()re_With_High_Ambitions_And_Low_IQ

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

I read manga and if it's good I like to watch anime. If I don't do this in that order I usually lose patience really quick, like in case of already mentioned ridiculously long Naruto battles.

I like when anime is 100% based on manga, without any stupid fillers.

My favourites:

Mirai Nikki - it doesn't look that great at the beginning (although still good), but story as a whole is so fucking awesome and well done.
    Death Note - one of the greatest soundtracks ever.
    Full Metal Alchemist - First one for great soundtrack, second for being based on manga.
    Dragonball Z Abridged - Great, great laughs, I recommend it! Just search youtube.

Little bit offtopic: can anyone recommend some kind of Mafia-like, psychological manga? You know battle of wits/strange mind games/behavioral analysis stuff. Something like Death Note or Liar Game (if you haven't read LG I really recommend it for all Mafia players^^).
    Indolent.756, EU server.
    Indolent.628, NA server.

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

Well the Drama genre isnt my favorite one (exceptions are at example Madoka Magica) they tend to much, to just let good characters die (Phantom..). On the other hand I rly like the mystery genre never had a dissapointing anime there till now (only a few that i didnt understand completly^^). To Naruto, well the filler ruined it pretty much, but it has actually a good story so you can watch it, if you have to much free time.^^
    This is the Revolution. The glorious Evolution. There is no light, without shadow.

14. ISO #14

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    Didnt took so much work in my list, but the plan to watch animes are on par with yours noctiz.^^ Btw what do you think, about the ongoing season?
    Well, it's not too much out of the ordinary. Some series are really promising, some others are probably not bad either and fit my taste. But IIRC there are a lot of romantic series atm, but that's not so bad.
    ah fuck.

15. ISO #15

Quote Originally Posted by Vagina View Post
    I can't believe how many you have not seen Ano Hana. It's easily in my top 5 favorites.
    I just don't like Dramas that much and Ano Hana doesn't have a plot that interests me really.
    ah fuck.

16. ISO #16

Quote Originally Posted by NoctiZ View Post
    Well, it's not too much out of the ordinary. Some series are really promising, some others are probably not bad either and fit my taste. But IIRC there are a lot of romantic series atm, but that's not so bad.
    Yeah my favourites this season are Log Horizon, Noragami, Kingdom 2 (already finsihed now), Nobunaga the Fool and Magi: The Kingdom of Magic.

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    Yeah my favourites this season are Log Horizon, Noragami, Kingdom 2 (already finsihed now), Nobunaga the Fool and Magi: The Kingdom of Magic.
    Log Horizon turned out better than I hoped for. Was excepting just another SAO or trapped in the game anime.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Look what you have caused. Seems like everyone who posted is now confused about their own gender and are venting their frustration into opinions.

19. ISO #19

@Dagaen

What about light novels? Not that I read much...

Comics I find somewhat educational:

The Ravages of Time. On politics and military.

Tower of God is meh. Ended up as Naruto-level comic.

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha "Kono ware....". Make sure to read this specific light novel to manga adaptation. Its better.

Spice and Wolf is nice too.

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

Quote Originally Posted by Apocist View Post
    Log Horizon turned out better than I hoped for. Was excepting just another SAO or trapped in the game anime.
    Yeah in Log Horizon, it is more digimon like, a parralel world that has a connection to the real one, thougth the parralel world is more digital and stuff.^^

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28
    Kanjo

I loved Steins;Gate. Too lazy to type out any others.

29. ISO #29

30. ISO #30

31. ISO #31

Ok can't understand why all the manga series were fully translated except Tobaku Mokushiroku Kaiji.... which is the first series...so ppl like to skip alot............... HOW DO YOU READ 2-4 IF 1 ISN'T DONE!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Look what you have caused. Seems like everyone who posted is now confused about their own gender and are venting their frustration into opinions.

32. ISO #32

33. ISO #33

34. ISO #34

35. ISO #35

36. ISO #36

Quote Originally Posted by Apocist View Post
    Ok can't understand why all the manga series were fully translated except Tobaku Mokushiroku Kaiji.... which is the first series...so ppl like to skip alot............... HOW DO YOU READ 2-4 IF 1 ISN'T DONE!?!?
    It's done, but it just goes under the name "Kaiji" I think

https://www.mangahere.com/manga/kaiji/

Don't bother reading the first two though because the art is bad lol

37. ISO #37

38. ISO #38

39. ISO #39

40. ISO #40