I must humbly object to extra points for staying until the end
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

I must humbly object to extra points for staying until the end

I must humbly object to extra points for staying until the end. You get points for staying in a game until it ends whether you die on night 1 or day 10. That's the point. It encourages people to take it slow, think about the game, and interact with chat in the people who have also died. It also helps prevent point inflation because if you can hop from game to game and leave willy nilly and get points.

More importantly, it encourages people to die early, to gamethrow or spam to get lynched or killed quickly or to -suicide on day 3.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: I must humbly object to extra points for staying until the end

The reasoning behind the point bump is this:

It takes too many games to get to 20K. There has been an implementation of extras that require 40k+ points. The old point system almost promoted bank hacking.

Let's say you have 1,000 games, that equates to ~15,000-16,000 points

So even if you play 1,000 games the fair way, you still don't make it to 20k.

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

The bonus points are really piddly for staying in game. Unless the game really, really drags on, it's never going to be more than 3-4. It incentivizes people to not leave as soon as they die and think about the game that they're watching.

People who -suicide for no reason are throwing and can be reported.

AFK people are actually not supposed to get points at all; thanks for reminding me to put that in.

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by Dark.Revenant View Post
    AFK people are actually not supposed to get points at all; thanks for reminding me to put that in.
    Hell yeah. The age of afk players has come to an end.

Also the average game length is like 40 mins. So getting 20k points requires around 4500 minutes to get. That's a pretty good chunk of your life for that special hat..

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    Can we increase what is needed for prefer? Maybe extend blacklist at 20k and move prefer to 30k. otherwise, everyone is going to be preferring in a few months lol.

Well, maybe not a problem, because people will prefer the same roles. Who knews.
    I have worried the inflation of points a week ago.

Looks like the devalue comes faster than expected.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
    When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

12. ISO #12

Can we increase what is needed for prefer? Maybe extend blacklist at 20k and move prefer to 30k. otherwise, everyone is going to be preferring in a few months lol.

Well, maybe not a problem, because people will prefer the same roles. Who knews.
    Only dedicated players who deserve the prefer function will reach 20k points. I would prefer to reach prefer status through legitimate means, but I'm afraid raising the achievement to 30k would incite bank hacking on a massive scale.

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    Only dedicated players who deserve the prefer function will reach 20k points. I would prefer to reach prefer status through legitimate means, but I'm afraid raising the achievement to 30k would incite bank hacking on a massive scale.
    Regardless of having it at 20k or 30k, it would make the same people bank hack. No one who wouldn't bank hack @ 20k points will then think it's ok to bank hack @ 30k points.

I hate the idea of blacklist and prefer, tbh. It ruins the whole role dealing system that Mafia is supposed to have, and the command is what causes everyone to bank hack. At least @ 30k, less people would have it AND bank hacks would be more obvious.

14. ISO #14

Regardless of having it at 20k or 30k, it would make the same people bank hack. No one who wouldn't bank hack @ 20k points will then think it's ok to bank hack @ 30k points.

I hate the idea of blacklist and prefer, tbh. It ruins the whole role dealing system that Mafia is supposed to have, and the command is what causes everyone to bank hack. At least @ 30k, less people would have it AND bank hacks would be more obvious.
    Yes you have a point about the usual suspects.

The reason blacklisting and prefer exists is to be able to get those impossible roles you're still missing. E.g. I'm still missing my coroner win. It's also nice to be on the same team as your buddy.

It's all a little off topic. The point is AFKers who get heart attacks will gain 0 points, regardless of winning - which was the original topic.

15. ISO #15

Dudes, we can be a freaking probe now.

That should fix most of your concerns. Happy little probes, everywhere...

Anyways, this isn't a bad idea. If I get killed N1, it's nice to know what while I stick around to watch and do some WIFOM and drive myself crazy on figuring out who was the random vigilante that shot me N2 so I can scream at him is... and get a few points for staying for it, that's cool yo. And, you can't just join a match and leave once you're dead and get points. Gotta stay to the end, so the theory of "mass game throwing" will still be very hard to do, especially since most pubs do sotd now, where there's usually 3 factions in play.
    Signature done by opps_ur_dead

His skills are unrivaled.

16. ISO #16