Imperium Game Thread - Page 3
Register

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. ISO #101

Re: Imperium Game Thread

Are the Balearic Islands to the east of Spain a conquerable province? And if yes, what provinces do they connect to? What about Corsica, Sardinia and the canary islands west of Morocco?

Assuming we can start posting our actions...

Attacking phase:
    Western Spain, 1 army -> Mid-Northern Spain
    Northern Algeria, 1 army -> Northern Tunisia

Production phase:

Production points:
    0 + 11 = 11

Southern&Eastern Spain, Produce 2 Armies, -2 points
    Morocco, Produce 2 Armies, -2 points
    Northern Tunisia, Produce 3 Armies, -3 points
    Northern Algeria, Build City, -3 points

Production points:
    11 - 10 = 1

Keeping 1 point in reserve depending on the islands question.
    [FMVI: Angel FMVIII: Gunsmith FMIX: Peasant FMX: Blacksmith
    MFM-I: Serial Killer MFM-II: Citizen MFM-III: Detective MFM-IV: Godfather/Witch MFM-V: Emperor MFM-VI:Host
    SFM-I: Spy SFM-II: Bandit SFM-III: Host SFM-VI: Skeleton Knight
    Awards: MFM-IV MVP SFM-VI MVP]

2. ISO #102

3. ISO #103

4. ISO #104

Quote Originally Posted by BorkBot View Post
    Are the Balearic Islands to the east of Spain a conquerable province? And if yes, what provinces do they connect to? What about Corsica, Sardinia and the canary islands west of Morocco?

Assuming we can start posting our actions...
    Well, the thing is simple : the lesser island ( like the Baelearic ) are attached to a region , the bigger one are a region por se ( for the matter Malta is an exeception : he is a self-sustaining region )

5. ISO #105

6. ISO #106

7. ISO #107

Thanks.

I noticed that the regions I named are all wrong...

All regions base army = 1
    South Peninsular Malaysia: +4 armies
    Mongolia (Inner Mongolia): +3 armies
    East Coast of China: +2 armies
    Manchuria (Beijing): +2 armies

Production points = 18

Attacking phase:

Mongolia (Inner Mongolia) -> West of Gansu (lower left)
    Mongolia (Inner Mongolia) -> Golvi-Altai/Khovd (upper left)
    Mongolia (Inner Mongolia) -> Xi'an (bottom right)
    East Coast of China -> Indochina (bottom)
    East Coast of China -> Chongqing (top)
    Manchuria (Beijing) -> Qiqihar (top right)
    Manchuria (Beijing) -> Sukhbaatar (top left)
    South Peninsular Malaysia -> South India
    South Peninsular Malaysia -> North Borneo
    South Peninsular Malaysia -> Central Sumatra
    South Peninsular Malaysia -> Bangladesh/etc.

Production: 18 armies
    West of Gansu (lower left): 2
    Golvi-Altai/Khovd (upper left): 2
    Xi'an (bottom right): 2
    Chongqing (top): 2
    Qiqihar (top right): 2
    Sukhbaatar (top left): 2
    South India: 4
    North Borneo: 1
    Bangladesh/etc.: 1

8. ISO #108

9. ISO #109

10. ISO #110

11. ISO #111

Quote Originally Posted by Gzz View Post
    Well, the thing is simple : the lesser island ( like the Baelearic ) are attached to a region , the bigger one are a region por se ( for the matter Malta is an exeception : he is a self-sustaining region )
    Are the canary islands part of another region? Is it possible to move from Sardinia directly into eastern Spain and Northern Tunisia?

The number of armies on Southern&Eastern Spain is wrong, it should be 3 (I produced 2 armies on top of the 1 already stationed there). And if I understood what you said correctly, I don't own the absolutely tiny bit in Southern Spain you are pointing at with that line yet.

Gzz I will build armies cus why stop now and take the 3 spots East and If any remain start taking North.
    The map doesn't look like you have enough spare armies in your eastern regions to attack those places until the next turn.

Can your armies be moved freely between your own provinces, or only one region/one step at a time just like attacks? When does this happen? During the attack phase?
    MFM-I: Serial Killer MFM-II: Citizen MFM-III: Detective MFM-IV: Godfather/Witch MFM-V: Emperor MFM-VI:Host

12. ISO #112

The Canarias are part of the Sarahwi Region .
    The Sardinia is a Bigger island , so you must take it before .
    You Own Gibiltear , and doing so let you with 2 armies in Souther Spain , but if you want i simply cancel them ove and you will have 3 armies in Southern Spain

About the move phase : you can move freely in your territory dring the attack phase , this AFTER attacking .

Now , new turn , and a truly news :

TURN 3

The Italian Observer

Attack on Eire : 3000 deads and around 540 missing .
    Yesterday the Minister of War of New America was fired and executed after his order of attack the Eire with the 3° Tank Regiment and the 10th , 430th and 600th Infantry Regiment : his blizkrieg coaused at first the loss of control over the Norther Erie by the Horizont Industires , but soon after the militiats responded , forcing the invasion to retreat at Dublin .
    There are some tratacitves between the Horizont Industires and th New America Govern , but they seems near to break down , causing a full-scale war

The New Golden Horde :
    Today the representants of Horizont Industries , New America and the Spanish Inquisition have met for decide what to do about the fast-growing Far Eastern Trade Consortium , who have managed to control the govern of China , South and North Korea , Japan and a lot of states of the Asiatic South-East and cliented the south of India , the Myammar and the Indonesia .
    The Spansih Inquisition suggested to counter attack and destroy their erethic empire with all the forces ; the Horizont Industries said that they might be useful for an alliance , but they are not sure of this and the New Merica representive proposed to just fortifity the actual positions and hope for the best , but after the attack on the Eire , the Horizont industires accuses the New America of setting up an entual conquest by itself and the Inquisition rejected the option as “cowardly”
    The Consortium said that their intentions is just trade , but because one of the motto of one family is “export bullets , import power” this comunicate isn' t trustable .

The End of Brazil :
    It's done : the Brazil govern has fallen under the power of the raging indios , who stolen the weapons and attacked Brasilia with ferocity : the civilian losses are uncountable and most of the city was reduced to ruin . The Factories were burned to ground by the ecologist , and the indios took the heads of the deads and shrunk them .
    The actual intention of the “Latin Pride” , as they call themselves , are unknown , but surely they are very xenophobic : in fact , they closed their borders and kicked out from the hotels the tourists .

the results are :
    4 armies attacking from Iceland to Eire vs 4 Armies stationating there .
    Dice rolls ( attacker ) : 6 , 1 , 1 , 5
    Dice Rolls ( defender ) : 6 , 2 , 3 , 4

3 Armies Lost by Attacker , 1 lost from by defender .

New Geopolitical Situation : Attachment 8465
    Last edited by Gzz; January 5th, 2013 at 10:12 AM.

13. ISO #113

14. ISO #114

How did mintberry take those 2 territories without armies in his adjacent territories to attack them? He would have to move troops first, and you say this happens after attacking? Or can you immediately attack a region with troops that are stationed anywhere in your territories, no matter the distance?

You Own Gibiltear , and doing so let you with 2 armies in Souther Spain , but if you want i simply cancel them ove and you will have 3 armies in Southern Spain
    I don't think that's fair because I didn't have any regions with 2 armies in it necessary to attack it in the last turn, so you'd be giving me a free production point. I will take it this turn.

15. ISO #115

How is Nick taking territories that aren't even adjacent to his own, nor connected by any lines/sea routes? i.e. Southern India?

16. ISO #116

17. ISO #117

Does the Suez canal separate two regions or is that one large region?

18. ISO #118

19. ISO #119

Same Region
    Is that a purple dot on the Suez canal or is it just narrow water?

Does East Yemen give access to the Red Sea? Or only the Gulf of Aden?
    Last edited by BorkBot; January 5th, 2013 at 11:18 AM.

20. ISO #120

21. ISO #121

Yes Nick I'm going to try to deny you access to the mediterranean

22. ISO #122

My 3 traders in Yemen will visit to Egypt next turn. I believe my trade goods will sway their mind.

I see that Gingerape was being attacked by Brendan the forked-tongue. Gingerape will need some purple dots soon to hold of Brendan. Spain is ripe for picking while its owner is busy elsewhere.

23. ISO #123

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    My 3 traders in Yemen will visit to Egypt next turn. I believe my trade goods will sway their mind.
    Impossible, because the host just told me that you don't have access to the Red Sea, so you need 2 more turns to get there. One to take western Yemen, then another to invade Egypt.

I'm taking Egypt now because I am already on the Mediterranean. I'll have just enough time to secure that area. I only need Mintberry and Gingerape to not backstab me.. and you know it

24. ISO #124

25. ISO #125

Quote Originally Posted by Gzz View Post
    Well , Mintberry can't do much por se now...
    True, but next turn he could.

I'm still debating where exactly to send my armies and how to spend my production points this turn. It's a critical moment.

26. ISO #126

I'm withdrawing from the game. Mint can have my territories.
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

27. ISO #127

Does Turkey have a purple dot? I see something in the northwest corner and I'm not sure what it is.

28. ISO #128

29. ISO #129

30. ISO #130

31. ISO #131

Attacking phase:
    South&East Spain, 1 army -> Gibraltar
    South&East Spain, 1 army -> Catalonia
    Northern Tunisia, 1 army -> Turkey
    Northern Tunisia, 1 army -> Israel (purple dot)
    Northern Tunisia, 1 army -> Suez Canal (Egypt & Western bit of Saudi Arabia)
    Morocco, 1 army -> Western Algeria (the large, easily defended area)
    Morocco, 1 army -> Western Sahara
    Northern Algeria, 1 army -> Western Tunisia (connects to the southeast of North Algeria)

32. ISO #132

Production phase:

Production points:
    1 + 17 = 18

Central Spain, Build City, -3 points
    Gibraltar, Build City, -3 points
    Western Tunisia, Build City, -3 points
    Western Algeria, Build City, -3 points
    Suez Canal, Build City, -3 points
    Turkey, Build City, -3 points

Production points:
    18 - 18 = 0

33. ISO #133

Turn 3

The Italy Observer

The Countdown
    Today the Spanish Inquisition as formely declared war to the Far East Trade Consortium , after seeing that he took over the Yemen , meaningthat in less than a week the Far Est Consortium will see the Mediterrean , and for the Spanish Inquisition , that will mean a try for taking over the Europe , thing that the Inquisition want to avoid at all costs . Actually , the Inquisition has equipped all his troops with their best equipement , for try to stop the Asiatic Horde .

The North New Papua Guinea Rises
    After the revolution on Brazil by the indios , the last tribes of the New Papua Guinea has risen for his indipendency , the Latin Pride , however , negates that he gave the weapons to the locals , thougt this is quite discutible .
    Still , the Consortium is worried about the intentions of the indigenous : they might attack one of the puppet states , and if that happens , it will be the end of the Oligarchy

New America Dissolves
    It's done : the last ex-americans has surrended to the Horizont Industries , who counter-attacked with true ferocity , killing every men , woman and child ; now the Greenland is under the control of the Denemark again , but no one knows for how much....

New Geopolitical Situation : Attachment 8527

34. ISO #134

Does the Suez canal separate two regions or is that one large region?
    Same Region
    And now it's separate regions, meaning I didn't get Egypt as you said I would if I attacked that region.

I didn't build cities in center-north Spain and Western Sahara. I did build cities in Western Tunisia and Central Spain and Gibraltar.

Troops in Southern & Eastern Spain are not displayed.

Nick didn't get half the regions he attacked, produced nothing and some of the regions near him changed shapes?

Mintberry Crunch did not have any spare armies in coastal territories, nor in any territories directly connected to them. According to the rules..

Movement: you have the ability to move as many armies / floats you want in an adjacent Territory, but at least one army must stay in a territory who you own
    This should mean his taking a region in West Africa this turn is impossible, because he would need to build armies or move troops to the coast before he could attack overseas.

Even worse, Mintberry Crunch only had 2 territories with a reserve army in them to attack with, yet he somehow gained 8 territories. This is the second time this happens...

In a strategy game like this, it's key that the rules are clear and set in stone. Otherwise you can't make informed decisions and it all becomes rather random, which defeats the purpose.

I'm not sure if I want to keep playing like this.
    Last edited by BorkBot; January 7th, 2013 at 10:38 AM.

35. ISO #135

36. ISO #136