M-FM XIV Blazer's Experiment Gamethread - Page 11
Register

User Tag List

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #501

2. ISO #502

Re: M-FM XIII Blazer's Experiment

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Subject 1 View Post
    10 is as good as a lynch like 11. Why do you buddy with trolls 8? I thought you were better than this. But it seems you lack experience.
    Because it's Day One. I can contribute and troll at the same time. We have very little to go on besides posts, much of which are fluff. And yes, you could say that I rack disiprin. And Experience.

3. ISO #503

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Subject 18 View Post
    Just a not so friendly message I would like to tell everyone
    ACTING AS SCUM IS BAD
    WHY? You might ask
    1. You will risk getting lynched
    2. You will waste valuable discussion time
    3. You will waste valuable investigative results
    4. Scum can act more freely when everybody is focused onto you
    5. I can go deeper, but you get my point
    Not necessarily true:
    1. Which will keep you alive at night.
    2. You can still contribute and scumhunt even when people think you're scum.
    3. You have time to get investigative results for yourself.
    4. Not necessarily. This is sometimes true, but when you control your scumminess, you can be watching for that.
    5. There are certainly pros and cons. Day One is certainly a situation where this can be good. Late-game, acting as scum is probably bad.

4. ISO #504

Oh btw. If you get bitten tonight claim it tomorrow. The doctor can cure you the next night. If you don't do this and you are town you are game throwing and you will be the new Goremancer of Sc2mafia. REMEMBER THIS!
    This point's been raised, but Spree Killer. It might be a good idea only to have the doctor purge him a few days later.

5. ISO #505

6. ISO #506

7. ISO #507

8. ISO #508

If this setup has a Spree killer Town was screwed from start. This would be utterly unfair.
    I wouldn't rule it out. It's possible that he randomed the roles, and it's possible that Blazer balanced hidden roles around there being a Spree Killer. Remember that town does get a great advantage in the Citizens having a night chat.

9. ISO #509

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Subject 8 View Post
    I wouldn't rule it out. It's possible that he randomed the roles, and it's possible that Blazer balanced hidden roles around there being a Spree Killer. Remember that town does get a great advantage in the Citizens having a night chat.
    if a bitten citizen knows the identity of the others then all citi's are fucked. or the town rather.

10. ISO #510

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Subject 11 View Post
    So I've been loosely following along while I was at work on my phone. At first I could not understand what the big deal was about my RP; I've since caught on. Honestly, I only skimmed Blaze's RP. I know my role and I understand the mechanics, that I read thoroughly, but I didn't pay too much mind to the RP of the game. I just assumed that we were all abducted and had no memory and were being subjected to these experiments. I was just having some day 1 fun. There's no WIFOM, there's no slip. It was a simple oversight; I'm really not so bold or stupid as to make that kind of claim on day 1. I won't be roleclaiming on day 1 for what should be obvious reasons. I also won't be voting for anyone else because day 1 lynch gambles are nothing more and nothing less than flat out gambles. I'd like that we at least establish a foundation of evidence and claims before we actually start stringing anyone up.

I have some catching up to do otherwise. I was skimming around at work, I need to read through more thoroughly.
    What are your opinions on me, Psy, Error 404, and Obama?

Why did you not post? You can easily make an "I'm here" post from your phone at work, especially since much of my case against you was that you disappeared without mentioning it.

If you didn't read the RP, how do you know that we're in an experiment? How do you know that some people have lost their memories? Did you just *conveniently* miss that portion of the RP in the rolecard?

The more experienced players suggest that a random lynch is preferable to a no lynch, especially in a cult game.

Why have you vanished? It's been nine hours since that post, but you have yet to explain your new disappearance.

11. ISO #511

12. ISO #512

13. ISO #513

14. ISO #514

15. ISO #515

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Subject 17 View Post
    @Subject 1

Places a ~connection~ to Subject 8 by way of constant talking back and forth. Enforces it with a "You are solid town in my book."
    I agree with the things he said about Obama. Did no one else catch Romney trying to butt into the day with an instant attack on me, then disappear when I went back at him?
    -vote M-FM Subject 15
    It wasn't a "~connection~". We were simply the only contributors posting at the time.

16. ISO #516

17. ISO #517

18. ISO #518

19. ISO #519

20. ISO #520

21. ISO #521

22. ISO #522

23. ISO #523

I am not FoS ing anybody. I say lynch 15 and that's it. Since he is scum.
    You can't possibly know that. Especially on Day One. Yes, he's acting scummy, but so is Eleven. I'd be happy with lynching either right now, but, if we try to lynch Obama instead of Eleven, it's possible that a no-lynch could occur. I'd prefer a lynch to a no-lynch today.

24. ISO #524

25. ISO #525

You can't possibly know that. Especially on Day One. Yes, he's acting scummy, but so is Eleven. I'd be happy with lynching either right now, but, if we try to lynch Obama instead of Eleven, it's possible that a no-lynch could occur. I'd prefer a lynch to a no-lynch today.
    Why is getting a lynch off so important to you?
    What if 11 is a citizen and as such lynching him puts town down further then not lynching him today.

26. ISO #526

I just feel trolled if people come out of the lurker corner and try to criticize the day flow while just swimming with the flow. Since guess what?????

SCUMMMMcumumCUM. That's right. OP OP OP SCUMDAM STYLE!
    He's not necessarily a lurker. Some people have certain engagements on certain days, and can't be as active as you or me. He came back and commented on what he saw. I don't regard that as scummy.

27. ISO #527

28. ISO #528

1 What are your opinions on me, Psy, Error 404, and Obama?

2 Why did you not post? You can easily make an "I'm here" post from your phone at work, especially since much of my case against you was that you disappeared without mentioning it.

3 If you didn't read the RP, how do you know that we're in an experiment? How do you know that some people have lost their memories? Did you just *conveniently* miss that portion of the RP in the rolecard?

4 The more experienced players suggest that a random lynch is preferable to a no lynch, especially in a cult game.

5 Why have you vanished? It's been nine hours since that post, but you have yet to explain your new disappearance.
    1 I have no opinions to share at the moment. It's troll day. All it is good for is retrospective comparison.

2 This statement is devoid of considerations of other people's live's and is generally stupid.

3 Learn to read. I didn't say that I didn't read it, I said that I skimmed it. I got almost all of my information from Here. Notice that the 'rolecards' there don't include RP. I skimmed through the actual RP rolecards, all of them, but there were a ton of videos making it difficult to focus on the information, so I took what I skimmed and left it be as it wasn't that important to the actual game.

4 This statement is subjective drivel.

5 I work and I sleep. That's not vanishing, that's having a real life outside of FM.

29. ISO #529

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Subject 16 View Post
    I am back, and what have we accomplished? nothing.

-vote M-FM Subject 15

he made 3 slips which I consider scum.

cannonfodder: 10, 11, 17

I think its best if jailor jails 6 or (if not lynched) 15

what did it for me was the claiming afk and asleep but coming back to check if a train has started against him. choo choo lynch train here we go, get your tickets now!
    Why is Satan a good jailor target? And why isn't Eleven?

30. ISO #530

31. ISO #531

32. ISO #532

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Subject 17 View Post
    Why is getting a lynch off so important to you?
    What if 11 is a citizen and as such lynching him puts town down further then not lynching him today.
    The case has been made by more experienced players that, in a cult game, any lynch is preferable to a no lynch.

33. ISO #533

34. ISO #534

The case has been made by more experienced players that, in a cult game, any lynch is preferable to a no lynch.
    Yeah, except when it's a town at the end of the rope. Day 1 lynches are gambles. If you really want to role the dice and hope that you don't land on any of the 2/3s of us that are town, go right ahead and take such a shitty bet. But appealing to the "more experienced players" is a fallacy. There is no argument to be made that will make a day one lynch anything more than a gamble that has a 2/3s chance of hurting town.

35. ISO #535

1 I have no opinions to share at the moment. It's troll day. All it is good for is retrospective comparison.

2 This statement is devoid of considerations of other people's live's and is generally stupid.

3 Learn to read. I didn't say that I didn't read it, I said that I skimmed it. I got almost all of my information from Here. Notice that the 'rolecards' there don't include RP. I skimmed through the actual RP rolecards, all of them, but there were a ton of videos making it difficult to focus on the information, so I took what I skimmed and left it be as it wasn't that important to the actual game.

4 This statement is subjective drivel.

5 I work and I sleep. That's not vanishing, that's having a real life outside of FM.
    1. It's only troll day if people make it troll day. Myself and Psy, along with certain others like Clay, Rolex, and Satan have actually contributed to discussion.

2. You said you were following the game on your phone. What's to stop you from posting "Hey, I'm at work, calm down and wait until I get home."?

3. Did you not at least fully read the RP in your role card?

4. Way to disagree without presenting a counterargument. I believe the logic is that, even if a random lynch hits town, it's not so bad because that just removes another potential cult recruit.

5. Then say something. Posting that you're going to be leaving is only protown. While you were gone, we weren't sure if you were a jester just lurking until you won, or a mafia pretending to be that.

36. ISO #536

37. ISO #537

Yeah, except when it's a town at the end of the rope. Day 1 lynches are gambles. If you really want to role the dice and hope that you don't land on any of the 2/3s of us that are town, go right ahead and take such a shitty bet. But appealing to the "more experienced players" is a fallacy. There is no argument to be made that will make a day one lynch anything more than a gamble that has a 2/3s chance of hurting town.
    Why do you consider them gambles? Because there are no PRs to have done anything last night? What if no one finds scum tomorrow, but there are still scummy posts? What about the next day? Relying on night actions can be helpful, but using them as the end-all-be-all of scumhunting is not a good idea.

38. ISO #538

39. ISO #539

40. ISO #540

1. It's only troll day if people make it troll day. Myself and Psy, along with certain others like Clay, Rolex, and Satan have actually contributed to discussion.

2. You said you were following the game on your phone. What's to stop you from posting "Hey, I'm at work, calm down and wait until I get home."?

3. Did you not at least fully read the RP in your role card?

4. Way to disagree without presenting a counterargument. I believe the logic is that, even if a random lynch hits town, it's not so bad because that just removes another potential cult recruit.

5. Then say something. Posting that you're going to be leaving is only protown. While you were gone, we weren't sure if you were a jester just lurking until you won, or a mafia pretending to be that.
    Your short sighted perspective is astounding. I have no interest in repeating myself this much. I've explained my mistake and I explained why lynching day 1 is bad. If you really want to go on believing that lynching town is an ok thing to do, by all means be a moron, but don't expect me to agree with it. Nor will I continue to defend the fact that I have real life responsibilities and allow you to believe that assuming malice where RL is the response is somehow an effective way to scumhunt.

If what I've said thus far is not good enough for you then tough shit. You'll just have to lynch me and I'll laugh as I go sign-up for another FM knowing that I dodged the bullet that is the self imploding town.

41. ISO #541

Why do you consider them gambles? Because there are no PRs to have done anything last night? What if no one finds scum tomorrow, but there are still scummy posts? What about the next day? Relying on night actions can be helpful, but using them as the end-all-be-all of scumhunting is not a good idea.
    One word: Jailor.

You are really proving your worth here.

42. ISO #542

43. ISO #543

To all:

Establishing a scummy post requires context. In FM, context = claims and evidence; of which we have neither. A 'scummy post' is either going to have some sort of logical mishap, generally regarding mechanics, or it's going to say something that is subjectively perceived as anti-town or pro-scum. Without context, your subjective hunch doesn't actually establish it's own validity beyond itself, it is only something to note until you establish the required context.

Without context, a lynch is effectively a gamble as it relies on the subjective perceptions of the players rather than empirical consideration. Now, if you're ok with a 33% chance of landing on a baddie, then by all means take that risk. But myself and many others are not willing to take the 66% gamble over hitting a townie, of up to 50% are PRs.

In my opinion, it is too early to take such risks. Citizen's are the only roles to me that are arguably expendable but losing any PR role this early puts us at a significant disadvantage in the long game.

44. ISO #544

45. ISO #545

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Subject 13 View Post
    If 11 turns out to be the role that I think he is, I would like to applaud him on his play so far today. If he's anything other than that one role though, then I would smh so bad at him.

For now, though, I would suggest that we do not lynch 11, and see what happens tonight in the night actions.
    Avatar of number 17 detailed by watches?

46. ISO #546

2 words; Cult Setup. Atm, we only have 5 town threats. However, we also have a very high KPN/CPN for such a small game. If we make a mistake and lynch a town, it really isn't going to be that bad in the grand scheme of things with the very high KPN. However, if we lynch someone and they DO turn out scum, we just effectively wiped out a KPN, and possibly saved quite a few townies from death at their hands.

The lynch is towns kill. While I may vote for someone else, all 11's doing instead of defending himself is saying we should lynch no one, which is a pretty dreadful defence. It's a Cult Setup, so no lynching is a pretty poor move.

47. ISO #547

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Subject 13 View Post
    If 11 turns out to be the role that I think he is, I would like to applaud him on his play so far today. If he's anything other than that one role though, then I would smh so bad at him.

For now, though, I would suggest that we do not lynch 11, and see what happens tonight in the night actions.
    Ah yes, the art of acting scummy, but getting lynched because you're acting scummy.

48. ISO #548

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Subject 12 View Post
    2 words; Cult Setup. Atm, we only have 5 town threats. However, we also have a very high KPN/CPN for such a small game. If we make a mistake and lynch a town, it really isn't going to be that bad in the grand scheme of things with the very high KPN. However, if we lynch someone and they DO turn out scum, we just effectively wiped out a KPN, and possibly saved quite a few townies from death at their hands.

The lynch is towns kill. While I may vote for someone else, all 11's doing instead of defending himself is saying we should lynch no one, which is a pretty dreadful defence. It's a Cult Setup, so no lynching is a pretty poor move.
    Jailor: Jail someone at night. Has 2 executions. Jailing provides immunity to killing, but not infection. May not jail after a lynch.
    Are you really that short sighted?

49. ISO #549

50. ISO #550

I SEE THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE WORRIED ABOUT THEIR FELLOW INFECTED

WE DONT EVEN KNO THERE IS A JAILOR YA DOOOFUSES ONLY CONFIRMED VIGI

ALSO 15 MADE A WHOLE COMPELLING ARGUMENT ABOUT HOW DAY ONE LYNCHES ARE BAD ONLY AFTER HE HAD VOTES ON HIM

I STILL SAY WE SHOULD GET 11 AND VIGI SHOULD SHOOT 15

DEPENDING ON WHICH IS EVIL WE CAN CHECK 4 THE PEOPLE WHO DEFENDERED HIM