3 16.67%
  • M-FM Nasty Rumors Too

6 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: M-FM XXIII Poll

1. ISO #1

M-FM XXIII Poll

M-FM XXIII Poll is now live!

Vote on your favorite setup for the next M-FM!

Again, votes will be hidden this time around. The votes will be consistently reviewed throughout the poll to ensure that no one is trying to skew the poll results. As such, the following punishments will be given for using smurfs to vote:

For every smurf you vote with, you will receive 1x Board Rules Violation infraction & will be ineligible to play the winning M-FM. If you are caught doing it as a host, you will lose your hosting rights for M-FM XXIII.

Please be responsible and mature.

If you want, you may write a review on your setup and I will post it below.

Good luck to all participants!

1. M-FM Hitman by Hypersniper
    2. M-FM Civilization by Orpz & powerofdeath
    3. M-FM The Frozen Throne by Bahkieh, Banshis, Damus_Graves & Glip
    4. M-FM Nasty Rumors Too by Fragos

Poll ends in 10 days.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: M-FM XXIII Poll

Regarding M-FM Nasty Rumours Too, I have a special announcement for you.

As I am also the master of Tower of God, I can easily tie this M-FM with the Tower of God competition. Any participating members who are also regulars of the Tower will earn 100 Test Points for winning the game as Town, 300 TP for winning the game as Neutral Killer, and 200 TP for remanining non-town roles. Players that are not regulars of the tower will get a chance to be able to climb the Tower as well, depending on their performance in the game. For example, winning the game AND getting MVP will instantly allow you to enter Tower of God and join other regulars with their current progress.

The Nasty Rumours Too is an remake of the well-known M-FM Nasty Rumours. I remember it as one of the most entertaining events, second only to FM XVII, despite the overwhelming victory of town. As in the past, the Overwork actions will return as well. Each role can use once in game an Overwork action, which is much stronger than their regular action. For example, Sheriff can ignore detection immunity on the night he choses to overwork himself. There are many other possible roles, with each of their normal actions and Overwork actions written in detail. Furthermore, all non-town roles will be completely randomed, and you can only see how many of then are in the game right now. There can be a possiblity of two Mafia groups, one big Mafia group, or no Mafia at all. Rebels, a weaker variant of cult, are also possible in this game. And of course there can be also a place for Neutral Killers. I'm sure everyone will be able to enjoy the large diversity offered by this setup!

Spoiler : Forum Mafia History :
    FMVI: Seer FMVII: Lookout FMIX: Propagandist FMX: Arsonist FMXI:Janitor FMXIII: Corrupt Journalist
    FMXIV: Lookout FM XVI: Vigilante FM XVII: Host FM XVIII: Witch FM XIX: Bounty Hunter FMXX: Electro Maniac

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    I don't really understand 4 hosts, either... But oh well lol.

I worry they are shooting themselves in the foot regarding reserves, but I hope not.
    I think they are shooting themselfs in the foot regarding hosting communication (IMO more host= bigger chance for proplems/miscommunication )

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    M-FM Civilization is still in progress... don't know balanced or not.
    Yayap approved it on the last poll saying it was the most ballenced if that means anything

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

I love custom mechanics and roles. You all know where my vote lies.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

17. ISO #17

The Civilization setup has been tweaked a little bit; nothing major, just modified Happiness and Production values for the special mechanics. I encourage everyone to read and evaluate it, and if you like it, throw us a vote. Thanks
    Spoiler : Orpz FM History :

FM17 - Won, FM18 - Won, FM19 - Won ,FM20 - Loss, FM21 - Won, MVP, FM22 - Host Canceled, FM23 - Won, FM24 - Hosted, FM25 - Won, FM26 - Loss

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

Quote Originally Posted by Fragos View Post
    Regarding M-FM Nasty Rumours Too, I have a special announcement for you.

As I am also the master of Tower of God, I can easily tie this M-FM with the Tower of God competition. Any participating members who are also regulars of the Tower will earn 100 Test Points for winning the game as Town, 300 TP for winning the game as Neutral Killer, and 200 TP for remanining non-town roles. Players that are not regulars of the tower will get a chance to be able to climb the Tower as well, depending on their performance in the game. For example, winning the game AND getting MVP will instantly allow you to enter Tower of God and join other regulars with their current progress.

The Nasty Rumours Too is an remake of the well-known M-FM Nasty Rumours. I remember it as one of the most entertaining events, second only to FM XVII, despite the overwhelming victory of town. As in the past, the Overwork actions will return as well. Each role can use once in game an Overwork action, which is much stronger than their regular action. For example, Sheriff can ignore detection immunity on the night he choses to overwork himself. There are many other possible roles, with each of their normal actions and Overwork actions written in detail. Furthermore, all non-town roles will be completely randomed, and you can only see how many of then are in the game right now. There can be a possiblity of two Mafia groups, one big Mafia group, or no Mafia at all. Rebels, a weaker variant of cult, are also possible in this game. And of course there can be also a place for Neutral Killers. I'm sure everyone will be able to enjoy the large diversity offered by this setup!

Is this allowed? I'm not sure how I personally feel about incentives beyond a game being chosen, though that may just be my opinion (especially as public voting for guaranteed placement in a game is no longer around)
    Citrus

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

Quote Originally Posted by Citrus View Post

Is this allowed? I'm not sure how I personally feel about incentives beyond a game being chosen, though that may just be my opinion (especially as public voting for guaranteed placement in a game is no longer around)
    This. To be honest the whole ToG thing is the make/break factor in what I'm voting, so I'd like to know the answer to this before I cast my vote.

Spoiler : Game History :
    [X] S-FM Reverse Mafia - Mason Leader [L]
    [X] FM XXI - Drug Dealer [L]
    [X] S-FM "Do you even lift?"- Tardy Tim [L]
    [X] S-FM Deaths Deadly Damned Detroit - Doctor [W]
    [X] S-FM Double Agents - Mafioso [W]
    [X] S-FM Corrupt - Doctor [-]

24. ISO #24

Quote Originally Posted by Vantas View Post
    This. To be honest the whole ToG thing is the make/break factor in what I'm voting, so I'd like to know the answer to this before I cast my vote.
    Yes, I'm going to allow it.

It's all WIFOM, anyways.. I'm not gonna reveal votes outside Staff channels if people are offering incentives, so anybody can lie and say they voted for a game.

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

Quote Originally Posted by Slaol View Post
    I would like Frozen Throne hosts to post an official statement of what duties each host will be doing.
    Frozen Throne votes to host ratio 3/4.
    People seem very turned off by the fact that we have 4 people listed as hosts. All this really means is that we had 4 people assist in making and balancing the setup for our game, who now have gamebreaking knowledge and can't be allowed to play the game.

So far as duties go:

Banshis is the main host. He will be the one making the day and night end posts and all other hostly duties.

Damus and I as co-hosts exist merely to assist Banshis in processing night actions, answering player questions, writing RP, etc.

Additionally, I will be the one running the night chats.

Bahkieh will have no part in the actual hosting of the game.

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

Quote Originally Posted by Glip View Post
    People seem very turned off by the fact that we have 4 people listed as hosts. All this really means is that we had 4 people assist in making and balancing the setup for our game, who now have gamebreaking knowledge and can't be allowed to play the game.

So far as duties go:

1) Banshis is the main host. He will be the one making the day and night end posts and all other hostly duties.

2) Damus and I as co-hosts exist merely to assist Banshis in processing night actions, answering player questions, writing RP, etc.

2)Additionally, I will be the one running the night chats.

3)Bahkieh will have no part in the actual hosting of the game.
    1+2)fair enough but i still think 3 hosts are a little too much (i would be more inclined if it was 2 max)

3) bahkieh has no reason to be in the hosting process then unless hes looking at setup for balance tbh.

29. ISO #29

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    1+2)fair enough but i still think 3 hosts are a little too much (i would be more inclined if it was 2 max)

3) bahkieh has no reason to be in the hosting process then unless hes looking at setup for balance tbh.
    1+2) Glip is for sure a co-host, but I won't exclude Damus from it. He had to drop his other submission to be able to join us and it wouldn't be right to boot him from it.

3) Bahkieh has seen the set-up.

30. ISO #30

31. ISO #31

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    Yes, I'm going to allow it.

It's all WIFOM, anyways.. I'm not gonna reveal votes outside Staff channels if people are offering incentives, so anybody can lie and say they voted for a game.
    But its not votes, its actually playing it. Those who are still playing ToG will throw their votes to Fragos :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    You should be priviledged to experience bestmas.

"waah the screen is shaking, waah my delicate eyes".

Fuck sake.

32. ISO #32

Quote Originally Posted by Glip View Post

So far as duties go:

Banshis is the main host. He will be the one making the day and night end posts and all other hostly duties.

Damus and I as co-hosts exist merely to assist Banshis in processing night actions, answering player questions, writing RP, etc.

Additionally, I will be the one running the night chats.

Bahkieh will have no part in the actual hosting of the game.
    This sounds like it has a high chance of failure. Who will receive night actions? Last wills? Death Notes?

Fuck sake.

33. ISO #33

34. ISO #34

Quote Originally Posted by Banshis View Post
    1+2) Glip is for sure a co-host, but I won't exclude Damus from it. He had to drop his other submission to be able to join us and it wouldn't be right to boot him from it.

3) Bahkieh has seen the set-up.
    We could ask crypt to see if damus can resubmit? if not then i do understand for keeping him. i do agree it would be unfair to jsut boot him like that w/o a chance of putting his own in. My primary concern with 3+ hosts is miscommunications something going wrong (i have experinced this and seen this). Thats why i am in preference of 2 hosts, less chance of host errors/problems.

then at best i would consider him a judge for ballenceing and not really a host per say (im being kinda picky but its been clarified about that im fine with him being there)

35. ISO #35

36. ISO #36

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    We could ask crypt to see if damus can resubmit? if not then i do understand for keeping him. i do agree it would be unfair to jsut boot him like that w/o a chance of putting his own in. My primary concern with 3+ hosts is miscommunications something going wrong (i have experinced this and seen this). Thats why i am in preference of 2 hosts, less chance of host errors/problems.

then at best i would consider him a judge for ballenceing and not really a host per say (im being kinda picky but its been clarified about that im fine with him being there)
    We are in a skype chat together and we are constantly all on so we shouldn't have any mis-communications when we all have contact with each other all the time.

37. ISO #37

38. ISO #38

M-FM games have a host account, you could probably send actions and wills there...?
    That shows how long its been since I've played a M-FM.

All hosting mis-communications that could happen are minimized since all of the actions are going to the same account.

Fuck sake.

39. ISO #39

40. ISO #40

Quote Originally Posted by Banshis View Post
    We are in a skype chat together and we are constantly all on so we shouldn't have any mis-communications when we all have contact with each other all the time.
    fair enough then, i just kinda worry about those things b/c its one of the huge things that can cause setups to be not so good due to events like those.

41. ISO #41

Quote Originally Posted by AppleyNO View Post
    But its not votes, its actually playing it. Those who are still playing ToG will throw their votes to Fragos :P
    Something tells me this won't be easy this time for me as well ^^

I am by no means a bad host, but at least I have the right to try )

FMVI: Seer FMVII: Lookout FMIX: Propagandist FMX: Arsonist FMXI:Janitor FMXIII: Corrupt Journalist
    FMXIV: Lookout FM XVI: Vigilante FM XVII: Host FM XVIII: Witch FM XIX: Bounty Hunter FMXX: Electro Maniac

42. ISO #42

Something tells me this won't be easy this time for me as well ^^

I am by no means a bad host, but at least I have the right to try )
    tbh we need more 5-sided epicness. I know that FM 17 was not the most popular FM, but I still remember it fondly

Fuck sake.

43. ISO #43

44. ISO #44

So far jaczac is the only one who has given me sexual favors, so...
    -vote jaczac

Also- idk why everyone is twisting their testicles over 4 hosts for a game. Yeah, it's weird, but who cares? The question you should be answering when voting is: "Do I want to play this setup?" if you find yourself thinking "yes", then vote for it. If not, vote for the setup that you do want to play. Simple as that. Let the hosts worry about miscommunication and shit.

45. ISO #45

Quote Originally Posted by AppleyNO View Post
    tbh we need more 5-sided epicness. I know that FM 17 was not the most popular FM, but I still remember it fondly
    I should of finished The Last of Us M-FM...
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

46. ISO #46

I'd, as well, prefer 5-sided to your current setup Fragos
    Really? I thought no one else would be too fond of that idea, so I chose to put in on hold in favor of the general Mafia setups.

47. ISO #47

Quote Originally Posted by Gerik View Post
    So far jaczac is the only one who has given me sexual favors, so...
    -vote jaczac

Also- idk why everyone is twisting their testicles over 4 hosts for a game. Yeah, it's weird, but who cares? The question you should be answering when voting is: "Do I want to play this setup?" if you find yourself thinking "yes", then vote for it. If not, vote for the setup that you do want to play. Simple as that. Let the hosts worry about miscommunication and shit.
    The bolded part is the entire reason (more or less), a setup can look fun but if miscommunication happens it can ruin the entire setup as a whole due to something like that.

not not to hash on the 4 host but just to maybe clarify why so many ppl (and me) are so kinda icky about it

Example: setup A looks fun, has 4 hosts
    game gets voted and starts to play.
    miscommunication happens (feedback, night action, Q&A discrpency, ect)
    from there now host have to find a way to fix that problem which in turn creates a hinderance for the players can can cause it to be unfun.

while im incilned to belive they can all do it without much problems, the thing is that if problems do arise it can make the setup that once looked fun now unfun for the players due to problem(s) depending on how severe it is.

48. ISO #48

Really? I thought no one else would be too fond of that idea, so I chose to put in on hold in favor of the general Mafia setups.
    Imo 5-sided is a good setup. Only at risk of losing to newer 'sensational' setups.

49. ISO #49

50. ISO #50