M-FM XXII Hunger Games Gamethread - Page 47
Register

User Tag List

Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,350 of 2568
  1. ISO #2301

Re: M-FM XXI - Hunger Games

A no lynch is good when more information is needed. It is not.

Peeta interviewing Foxface alone is wifom. But if we were smarter with Foxface, we would have known he lied to Peeta or to the group. In the article, Foxface claimed vanilla. Scum wifoming journal would be vague and permit his buddy not to claim.

Second, you have scum Peeta and town Cato which makes no sense. Scum Peeta does not encourage Town Cato to pick up the cop and not shatter him immediately.

2. ISO #2302

Quote Originally Posted by Gale View Post
    A no lynch is good when more information is needed. It is not.

Peeta interviewing Foxface alone is wifom. But if we were smarter with Foxface, we would have known he lied to Peeta or to the group. In the article, Foxface claimed vanilla. Scum wifoming journal would be vague and permit his buddy not to claim.

Second, you have scum Peeta and town Cato which makes no sense. Scum Peeta does not encourage Town Cato to pick up the cop and not shatter him immediately.
    x.x

Wait, why are you helping me? Don't you think I am scum?
    -vote Rue

3. ISO #2303

I can agree with it, picking Sickle makes sense for scum, they will be desperate to search for Daykiller weapon or something. But guess what, if you assume I'm Town, picking a new weapon makes sense as well.

- Why would I choose Remover weapon? Sure, it can be used before shatter, I know it. Here's the problem: I have no good targets to use it on. I have two Town reads right now: Peeta and Gale. Gale is Vet, visiting him would be way too risky, if I die, it's the same as mislynch. Peeta will die toNight if he's Town; if he's scum that Remover only helps them. And other targets are risky, I don't fully trust any of you.

- I trust myself though. If I could get something game-changing it would be awesome. Why would I give somebody else a chance to get better weapon, when I got myself one? I'm pretty sure I won't be lynched right away so I've decided I can risk it. Well, to be honest, this makes a sense for scum as well, so this is leap of faith for you guys.

- No reason to pick Mafia's weapon as well. Fox did the killing, I really doubt he is a BD. If he was this would be awesome and I'd take this without a moment of hesitation. And Katniss' weapon was 99% VT, if she was Innocent Child she would be shattered, not removed.

-Gale, how many times I have to tell you: MAFIA KNEW THEY COULD SHATTER THEMSELVES FROM THE VERY BEGINNING. Boy mentioned it during d2.

Host: Mafia can shatter their own members, right?

4. ISO #2304

Quote Originally Posted by Glimmer View Post
    I want a no-lynch personally. Since a mislynch is game over. That would force scum to kill someone. Reduce the amount of spots for scum to hide and leave the town in the same situation anyways.

That is what would happen right?
    Yes, I wouldn't mind last no-lynch as well. Glimmer, please unvote, Rue is already on L-2 and she didn't even say anything. This lynch is going way too fast for my taste.

5. ISO #2305

6. ISO #2306

So shattering their own weapons wasn't some secret knowledge, they knew it from the very beginning. Yet, they chose not to. From all the shatter targets only Cato is a weird one, and we have some reasons to think he might be Town as well.

That's why I asked Host to confirm they can shatter their own weapons, I think we all assumed they can, but their targets don't make much sense.

7. ISO #2307

Glimmer, confirming the obvious is good. Guiding you to scumhunt and if you cannot confirms. Those are not the things you do when the target needs to be lynched.

Madge, you should have a townread on Thresh, even if Katniss is suspect to you. You have far too few townreads, yet your focus doesn't seem on answering questions.

Your play is self-centered and rapid. Town wouldn't seek to townfirm themselves but act in the best interest of the town. The fact you refuse to claim is interesting too. Since you think you are getting shattered, what's the harm? That is unless you have IC and it utterly prevents you from shattering Cato.

Assuming, arguendo, mafia knew that Day 2, they didn't remember or didn't care to shatter their own team until now. As long as mafia had two members, you were as killable as the rest of us. The fact they shattered you indicates they are using my plan.

8. ISO #2308

9. ISO #2309

Claiming my role doesn't make any sense. Why would I help scum with their night choices? Maybe I'm VT, maybe I'm Veteran, maybe I'm Bus Driver or Redirector. There's no reason to tell them that.

For now Katniss and Rue growing on me as scums. Thresh is a maybe, because I still believe Mafia tried to distance from each other during Weapon Draft.

10. ISO #2310

@Madge, speed is a null. As long as we do not hammer, speed is irrelevant. Speed forces scum to pick a side and get involved. The speed the Rue wagon is moving at is good.
    Assuming Rue is scum. If Rue is Town Mafia can just quick-hammer and win. I don't think L-2 is safe since we have a lot of time left.

11. ISO #2311

12. ISO #2312

Quote Originally Posted by Madge View Post
    - Why would I choose Remover weapon? Sure, it can be used before shatter, I know it. Here's the problem: I have no good targets to use it on. I have two Town reads right now: Peeta and Gale.

- I trust myself though. If I could get something game-changing it would be awesome.
    Lmao:
    The Fact: Mafia will never attack you Madge.

Choose a remove weapon while Cato has motivate means 3 extra slot for anyone to investigate past people's role and claim.

Why 3?

You can remove two weapons + Mafia will shatter your removing weapon again, if you are a town of course.

Three people can pick up three weapons and make claim about past people's role.
    - Clue of weapon is the most important clue in this game. Feel free to argue about it.

Then you excuse yourself by saying, no you have no good target.

Notice there are more than 50% people are Town.

Even if you do not care but face roll, randomly removing weapons. Town has advantage mathematically.

If you only have two town read, then you pretty much should go to hell.

You still haven't get any clue about me or Cato.

LOL

No, Madge, if you lose the game as a town, you can blame no one.

Allow me to repeat this again:
    If Cato is scum and is governor, we are boned!

Now you pick up a weapon of unkown, plus your own alignment is now a problem.

Another advantage of pick up remover weapon: Depend on whose weapon you remove, you will get some tean/scum read.

Madge, just admit you fucked up on the weapon picking.

Yes, you can always be a 2nd marvel, and town will keep getting worse, of course!

You better get on Rue's wagon before other scums jump on it and squeeze you out for lynch target.

If you fear I would hammer, I can promise you I don't hammer.

If you think I'm scum then cato must be scum too, plus that if you let a scum mayor live this long, just give up.

You better vote.

@ Glimmer No lynch = GG because you will only lose universal town read players such as Twill and Striker every night.
    And you will never get a clue of whats so ever due to none investigative role left.

13. ISO #2313

14. ISO #2314

15. ISO #2315

Thresh, clarify? What do you mean by post a tendency?

Why won't you vote Rue after pushing that for so long?
    Post tendency gives clue to help mafia to choose who to kill.

To us, we can always interpret the meaning of their choice.

Mafia kill is not random.

Killing certain people give them certain advantage.

It is always worth thinking.--- just like you point out everyone ever voted glimmer are dead, it is the same inductive reason behind.

16. ISO #2316

17. ISO #2317

Quote Originally Posted by Thresh View Post
    You should infact stick to your Weapon Draft analysis, it is the most making-sense analysis you did so far.
    Funny that you mention that. Since Peeta and Gale are Town for me, scum team would be Glimmer, Katniss, Cato and Rue. The thing is I'm not sure about Katniss->Thresh part as this is the weakest link in this entire chain.

18. ISO #2318

Funny that you mention that. Since Peeta and Gale are Town for me, scum team would be Glimmer, Katniss, Cato and Rue. The thing is I'm not sure about Katniss->Thresh part as this is the weakest link in this entire chain.
    Mentioning 4 people for a 3-people team. I guess Glimmer, Katniss and Rue would be my choice then.

19. ISO #2319

20. ISO #2320

21. ISO #2321

So its either Me or Madge for scum? Since we both are including Katniss and Rue
    Too bad Katniss defended you quite a lot, Boy was preparing himself to remove your weapon, you shot a Townie and me with my previous self are focusing Katniss since d2.

But let's say it will comes to this. Tell me, why should I be lynched over you?

22. ISO #2322

23. ISO #2323

I caught up already since I read up to the last page before I left the house

I want a no-lynch personally. Since a mislynch is game over. That would force scum to kill someone. Reduce the amount of spots for scum to hide and leave the town in the same situation anyways.

That is what would happen right?
    I don't like this. This completely neutralizes my role because if I use it, I'm effectively gamethrowing. I also don't like it because it gives the Mafia an easier time to quickhammer. Right now it's 3 scums and 5 votes to lynch, if we NL, it'll be 4 votes to lynch with 3 scums. Benefits only scum.

I'm willing to switch to Rue now though if that's our lynch today, but now I'm set for Glimmer tomorrow

24. ISO #2324

25. ISO #2325

Quote Originally Posted by Cato View Post

I don't like this. This completely neutralizes my role because if I use it, I'm effectively gamethrowing. I also don't like it because it gives the Mafia an easier time to quickhammer. Right now it's 3 scums and 5 votes to lynch, if we NL, it'll be 4 votes to lynch with 3 scums. Benefits only scum.

I'm willing to switch to Rue now though if that's our lynch today, but now I'm set for Glimmer tomorrow
    Rue is our lynch today. Glimmer should be the lynch tomorrow, but I wouldn't cry if Madge was the lynch tomorrow.

26. ISO #2326

27. ISO #2327

Well I'm not gonna be using my role most likely anyways, so I'm not too upset about that. But we still shouldn't NL because it'll be easier to get pwned if we vote wrong
    This. If Cato realizes something where we are just totally fucking wrong, he can stop it.

If scum quickhammer due to a town derping, he can overturn. Totally worth keeping around, but he shouldn't have to use it.

@Peeta, yup. Giving the item to the dead girl and not claiming it. Scum could have practically anything in their hands.

28. ISO #2328

Rue, if you are town and wanting to defend yourself... you'll need to answer

1) Why BBL never attacked you that much during Marvel's lynch day or his own

2) How you and BBL appeared to be so in sync around posts 582 and 584

3) The inventor thing going wrong

4) Why you hesitated during the Striker gambit

5) Why your stance on Bonnie shifted

6) Why you CCed me and then tried to back off once it was obvious I was townread

I'm out for the day, barring an unexpected lull.

29. ISO #2329

Rue is our lynch today. Glimmer should be the lynch tomorrow, but I wouldn't cry if Madge was the lynch tomorrow.
    Fair.
    I actually don't think Madge is scummy. Way too much effort for any scum, or even Town really. The effort is next level.

-vote Rue

Don't anyone dare to quick hammer. It won't work.

30. ISO #2330

I see what you are saying there.

31. ISO #2331

I wanna ask why Gale is now pure town read for you when yesterday at end of the day you thought he was scummy.

32. ISO #2332

33. ISO #2333

34. ISO #2334

Don't bother, I'm going to be killed/shattered.

I was making a lot of notes in the night, rereading whole game. I'm going to sleep now, but except long post later.

For now, here's the summary:

Boy was telling us Mafia's plans all game long (#333, #207 etc.), but he mostly accused confirmed Townies.

Gale is Town - he fought with Boy for a long time and their dialogues were really hostile. If they are both scum they deserve this win.

Glimmer is probably scum. I can see some buddying with Boy and her, she defended him, in #679 even Foxface defends her.

Katniss is a maybe. Boy was defending her for quite some time, she defended Glimmer a bit, but since she is lurking I don't have enough to be sure.

Thresh is a maybe. He behaves scummy as fuck, but I saw few things that makes sense for Town!Thresh.

Peeta is probably Townie. But I have a question: Peeta, your #1316. How did you know Marvel is a roleblocker? I don't think he ever mentioned that. Please explain your logic.

Cato is maybe Townie, there are still some thing I'm not sure.

Rue is a big unknown. I will decide where to put it when I assemble my notes.
    Madge on why I assumed Marvel is a roleblocker was purely because he said I should have gotten feedback and I know other people were talking about it being a roleblocker. I didn't know for sure he was a roleblocker, but I just assumed it.

35. ISO #2335

36. ISO #2336

Cato, effort is player style not alignment. For instance, check out Shar-Teel in that Baldur's Gate game. Mounds of effort, but it wasn't really directed at scumhunting.

What sort of intellectual effort is Madge putting in towards solving the game? None. The scum passing off theory fits almost everyone but her and is another way to self vouch. Her posts leave almost every option open but for the unlynchables. When it came time to make a decision on BBL, Madge hemmed and hawwed until the last possible minute.

We'll talk about this some more, but the more you defend Madge, the more lylo begins to come into shape. ;) I can see that you'll be alive. Feel free to make a town!Madge case while I am out.

Glimmer, if you want to live, I'll expect more scumhunting from you. :-P Rather than conclusions.

37. ISO #2337

38. ISO #2338

My tits are calm. I knew what I was doing.

I knew someone would lose the game of chicken, I suspected it would be Katniss.

@Gale, I hear what you're saying. The main reason I think Madge is town is because the scum team I have in mind fits the bill so much clearer in my head. I'm not naive enough to pass her off as 100% town, just assured enough that I wouldn't consider lynching over say, Rue/Glimmer.

39. ISO #2339

Quote Originally Posted by Katniss View Post
    -vote unvote

Calm your tits, why are we already L-1? If Thresh was here, the day would be over >.>'
    I'll put my vote back later, I'm busy right now.
    Really, do we have to put Rue on L-1 already? This is seriously risky.

Get in the Wagon before all town seats running out!

Literately no one but me can ha,,,,choooo!

Btw Katniss if you stay out of wagon today, you will get lynched tomorrow.

40. ISO #2340

41. ISO #2341

42. ISO #2342

Quote Originally Posted by Peeta View Post
    This is why I guessed he was a roleblocker. I guess I just saw him talking about roleblocks and him saying I should have got feedback and I automatically assumed he was a roleblocker.
    I support Peeta.

The only role of a person who can get a feedback that is publicly unknown are

RB/Inventor/Gunsmith/

for reasons everyone know, RB for marvel is the most suitable guess.

Just like I guessed Rue would claim inventor.

43. ISO #2343

44. ISO #2344

45. ISO #2345

I'm ignoring most of the last 2 Days, because amount of WIFOM is too big.

Boy:

#207 - About Mafia Draft Strategy. Notice how it makes sense now.
    #333 - About Mafia's plan.
    #352 - Suspecting Primrose and Madge.
    #470 - Boy acknowledges that Mafia can shatter their own weapons
    #1360 - Accusing Cato and Thresh for being scum.

Boy looked pretty Townie and his ideas were good, because there were real. I will be referencing Boy many times below.

Katniss:

#457 - Boy said "IF the remover is mafia, he probably targeted katniss because she's mafia too.".
    #470 - Boy actively defends Katniss. It makes sense since he is pretending to be Town Remover, but maybe there's something more than that?
    Boy said: "if i'm right with primrose, we can pretty much assume marvel is scum too and katniss is town. noted bonnie sheeps prim." We know that Bonnie, Primrose and Marvel are Town now.
    #484 - BIG Boy's defense on Katniss. His argument is "If Katniss is Mafia they would use shatter on her, so Remover is Town". I bet that was their plan all along.
    #637: "I don't think Glimmer is a good lynch candidate". Little FoS on Thresh and Striker.
    #652 - "Thresh still hasn't shown up. I think that we should switch our focus from Glimmer." Votes Thresh, this is her first vote of the game.
    #866 - Quite a great insight into Remover's actions. Remover should target Glimmer, huh? Rest of the post is pretty Townie though.
    #704 - Captain Hindsight in action, "I knew shooting Clove was a bad idea"
    #742 - Hoping that Remover will target Glimmer.
    #748 - Katniss reads, fosing Cato, Thresh and Peeta.
    #983 - Defends herself against Gale, saying she isn't sure who to vote, few posts later decides on Rue.

Katniss was really silent all game long, and she isn't too eager to place votes. Looking how Mafs chose to shatter many Townies, I think it's pretty reasonable to think that Boy targeted fellow Mafia members to help them. If Katniss is scum, then Glimmer is likely scum as well.

Gale:

#830 Counterclaiming Bonnie
    #944 - Fox FoSes Gale a bit.
    #976 - Wants Madge or Marvel, dead, later starting to accuse Katniss for lack of votes.
    #1122 - Boy fights with Gale. Fight between Gale and Boy was long and it spread through entire Days. Exchanges were sometimes really hostile and I really doubt they are both scums.
    #1528 - Gale's list: BBL, Thresh, Cato and Rue are scums.

Gale fought Boy way too much, I can't see them both in the same team.

Thresh:

#656 Boy: "I agree thresh is a good target for the lynch/pressure, i support this train and when the time comes i will place my vote.
    best targets for daykill are probably striker, clove and gale"

This is another Town point for Gale btw.

#722 Boy tries to lynch Thresh.
    #971 Bonnie wanted so suicide on Thresh, if Thresh is scum this can explain why he was lynched.
    #1026 - Foxface's first vote of the game. On Bonnie.
    #1036 - Foxface defends Thresh.
    #1557 - Tunneling Rue.
    #1640 - Convinving everybody that Rue and Boy are Townies, tunneling Rue again.
    #1679 - Thresh is fine with lynching Katniss as well.
    #1785 - The most scummy post in the entire game. Later Thresh argued he wanted to protect the Boy, sounds awesome. My guess: Thresh knows we only have to mislynch once. If he was lynched we would have a big chance of lynching one of his targets and fail.

I'm undecided about Thresh. Boy tried to push him few times, but I don't like how Fox defended him. Thresh also said many things that help scums more than us. I think he is more likely to be scum than Town, unless somebody can prove me otherwise.

Rue:

#464 - Defending Katniss. Accusing Primrose of tunneling. It's interesting because Rue usually is really neutral in this game.
    #606 - Boy defending Rue after Striker's failed gambit. he voted her before, but Boy had no problems with joining trains.
    #656 - Boy: "the ppl i'm pretty sure are town atm: nautilus, twill, rue, primrose". Makes me uneasy, he only mentioned Townies.
    #693 - Two posts before, Boy said: "cato is right, glimmer did exactly what a townie would do and listened to the people". Rue responds: "Glimmer did listen to the town, but that by itself doesn't necessarily make him town. He could just be mafia that knew he would hit a townie."
    #822 - Defending Primrose against Madge.
    #964 - Big post about letting Bonnie live.
    #973 - Boy defends Rue.
    #1217 - Boy defending Rue, accusing Gale.
    #1242 - Rue's case on Striker.
    #1668 - Rue's scumlist: Marvel/Boy, Katniss/Glimmer, Gale/Thresh.
    #1676 - Boy's another defence on Rue

I have to say, even in we know that Striker is Townie, Rue's case seems perfectly justified. Rue didn't vote Boy, but she had no trouble with voting Marvel. And she suddenly became way less active. I had my doubts, because shattering Cato made little sense when Rue is scum, but since Boy is Remover, it could be done on purpose to give him reason to do that. Too bad most of her posts and interactions seem really Townie to me.

I'm not that convinced about Rue, but I think I'll be fine with that lynch.

Cato:

#216 - Mentioned that Rocks are OP, making himself good target for a shatter.
    #419 - Pressuring Bonnie for attacking him for mentioning the invisibility mode.
    #776 - Looks like he seriously considered taking Spear or Throwing Knives.
    #1266 - Defending Foxface.
    #1511 - Cato explains why he visited Gaia.
    #1526 - Apparently Cato suspected Thresh in the neighbour chat.
    #1601 - Voting Marvel, despises Gale for pushing the Boy

Cato defended Foxface and this could be both scum and Town behavior. Town!Cato could just act on what he knew to pressure Striker. Scum!Cato could do the same to frame Striker and delay Fox's lynch. Striker claimed LO, it would be quite risky to stay silent about that, since we all knew Striker is one crazy player. I have no idea why he wasn't shattered again - if he is Town shattering him for the third time would make this really suspicious. I'm still willing to assume that he's Townie.

Glimmer:

#550-551 - I don't like this interaction between Boy and Glimmer. It looks a bit like tutoring. And asking Boy for reads looks really forced, especially when you notice that Glimmer almost never scumhunted during this game.
    #614 - Boy attacks Glimmer, few posts after unvoting Rue.
    #651 - Boy was forcing Glimmer to shoot.
    #679 - Fox suddenly appears and defends Glimmer: "If Glimmer is obvious Mafia and Marvel is his buddy, why do you vote Marvel and not Glimmer? Dafq am I missing?"
    #722 - Boy is hinting here that Glimmer should have her weapon removed.
    #972 - Defending Bonnie, attacking Rue
    #1458 - Vote on Marvel, because Boy is Town.
    #1661 - Minor defence on Boy
    #1692 - Glimmer wants Gale dead.

I will be fine with Glimmer's lynch, I can see some buddying here with Boy and Katniss.

Peeta:

it was stated several times why Peeta is Townie.

To sum up, my biggest scum suspects are: Katniss, Glimmer, Thresh and Rue. Which sucks because we have only 3 scums left.

For now I'd like to:

-vote Katniss

To declare clearly what I believe. If necessary I can switch to Rue, unless I find something definitely wrong with this.

46. ISO #2346

47. ISO #2347

48. ISO #2348

49. ISO #2349

50. ISO #2350

Copy past for convenient purpose

Cain - In his #1301 there is something that caught my attention. He mentioned "chats". Plural. This is weird because nobody ever called the main thread "a chat", this term is reserved for scum meeting place, as in "Mafia chat". But even if he did mean a main thread, he used plural form. I'm calling this a slip. In the same post he prepares himself for the flip, saying things like "If Foxface is scum, this and this is Town and this is scum". Cain voted only once, on Striker during First Draft, which doesn't really count. Most of his contributions are about Remover - see #479 about Katniss and #781 about Thresh. All the other time he only says phrases like "I'm lurking", "We should do this", "I think this guy is Town". Zero commitment.

Thresh - As I mentioned before, Foxface tried very hard to not get Thresh killed. Ignoring that, I don't have much on him. His posts are confusing, half the time I have no idea what is he babbling about. In his #1312 he mentions about delaying the lynch, but one hour later he hammers (in a very self-conscious way), because Peeta says that Fox needs to be killed. Borderline scum for me, I won't miss him.

Peeta - Something tells me that Peeta would be a perfect scum choice, but I can't put my cold, dead finger on it. When I close my eyes I can see his name written in red.

Gale - Big and dumb. He's like Rancor and it was really annoying to watch Jedi Boy fighting him for the whole day over already-explained-1000nd-times Striker's gambit. Apparently he thinks that Marvel and Foxface are Townies (#1080).
    He can go both ways, but currently leaning on scum.

Glimmer - Jumped on the Fox really fast, that gave her some Town points in my eyes. I'm still undecided about her, there are way too many things that happen around her.

Marvel - Marvel, Marvel, Marvel. Not sure what to do with him. He behaves like Town a bit, but does it in this weird way that makes me uneasy. He defended Bonnie giving very reasonable arguments. He tried to pressure Primrose, based on..something, which is weird because he defended her earlier against Madge. Mysterious man.

Katniss - I will never trust her after this Remover business, but for now I can't find any scumminess in her posts.

Twill - No readings so far. Apparently she healed Cato d1 - that info should be useful in the future.

Cato - I like that he revealed that he also visited Gaia. Maybe he was afraid of Striker's gambit, maybe he wanted to defend Foxface, but this is probably Town play. Rue has a deepest insight into him and I trust she would pressure him if she saw something unusual. I don't see anything.

Jedi Boy - Very silent lately, but I still believe he is a Town. He has blue-coloured light saber, that's the sign of the good guy.

Striker - Town. His gambit can be explained. He helped greatly with a pressure on Fox. Fox also chose Zeno over Striker when there was only two people left who didn't draft a weapon.

Rue - One of my strongest Town reads right now, her arguments are strong, she became very active recently, I'm in love with her #1242. I like her so much, that every guy who voted her during d3 seems scummy to me. She reminds me of Madge when she focuses on Striker so hard and we all know how it ended. I think they are both Townies.