How are mafia the only ones to benefit from a lynch when it gives town information on potential buddying, distancing, bussing, role/ alignment, voting patterns/ reasoning and other general reactions to a lynch? Do you consider all of that to be useless?

I am 100% on Toadette's side with lynching. Regardless of my alignment, I always push for Day 1 lynches. End of story.

The reason I voted Mikecall is because he was online, not because I have a 'grudge' against him (wouldn't make sense as I don't know him) and I wanted to start off the game by pressuring someone. This would - naturally - lead to information by how he reacted to the vote. The fact that he was, as I recall, the only person I could see online meant that he would be more likely to respond quickly and get a discussion going sooner. Just by starting off the game with a vote, I discovered two sheep votes. That's infinitely better than just going 'hai guyz' or trolling.

If I had voted someone like Suntax, on the other hand, the chances of him actually responding at all would have been slim and time would have been wasted. This is obvious, so the fact that I have to explain this to Mikecall/ POD when they are experienced players strikes me as suspicious as I would assume they would already know this.

As it stands, my vote started out as a generic pressure vote to get the game going. The fact that Mikecall's main reaction was to call me scummy for wanting information and then voted me largely because I voted him (correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that class as OMGUS?) makes me think I lucked onto a scum Day 1.

Favourite comments include his claim that 'all 3 mafia voted him at once' (which strikes me as needlessly arrogant); the accusation that I want a 'random lynch' (I'm voting to get information and see reactions - he is failing at that at the moment); his post at Iced where he claims day 1 votes are a valid way of getting information...even though when I did exactly that, he voted me (hypocrisy).

Mike, if you want to help your town cred, I'd suggest posting some reads that DON'T revolve around me (much as I'm flattered ;D). Since you're currently up for the lynch, I don't consider this optional for you. Any old Townie McTownison can manage that, eh?

Zekrom and Toadette, I see you're reading, so you can do the same as you haven't posted any detailed posts.

Actually, you know what this game could do with? Some town reads of the active players. I'll be posting an overview of mine in a few hours, I suggest everyone does the same.