S-FM 214 Mean Girls - Page 5
Register

User Tag List

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #201

Re: S-FM 214 Mean Girls

Quote Originally Posted by PLZLEAVEDUCKK View Post
    You shouldn't, I am mainly OMGUS voting someone who has not helped town, does not mean he is scum yet. Pure's last post was good, and I can definitely get behind sunlax
    im providing much needed edgy comments if thats not helping I dont know what is. Admittedly OMGUSing me bruh lynch this boy

2. ISO #202

Your first post inawhile, and this was what you took away from what you missed?? .....

Eggy same question to you top 2 scum reads/top 2 town reads. If you actually scum read me I do want your reasoning, and not some bullshit duck has two k's in his name.
    what I liked that post in particulary? quite arousing.

you and second passing. You dont like my reasons well tuff shit broski I aint here to impress you drop the second K and maybe we can talk

3. ISO #203

Quote Originally Posted by Eggy View Post

you and second passing. You dont like my reasons well tuff shit broski I aint here to impress you drop the second K and maybe we can talk
    I have two accounts. My plzleaveduck account activation email didnt work rip.

I asked for your reasoning on why I am scum, not to tell me what my like or dislike for your reasoning is. If I am scum build a case against me or stop wasting everyone's time. You resorting back to the K's in my name shows everyone here that you don't even believe your own scum read.

You mentioned me omgus'ing you is scummy, yet I told SP to not follow my vote on you for this very reason. If I am scum, and aware that this is a bad reason to vote someone, how am I scum for doing so? It was more than omgus as well, I pointed out that you have not furthered towns agenda in any way. If you can show me where you have done something to progress the game I will allow you to push a lynch on me.

I can only hope you are scum at this point, because if you are town this is not good play.

4. ISO #204

5. ISO #205

Guess I will head to bed.

I think the lynch should be between eggy/suntax. Suntax is more of a poe, won't even try to read off his one post. I think the scum are within eggy/pure/suntax/maybe mesk if need a fourth, but would not lynch her today.

I would prefer an eggy lynch as his reads are terrible and he has shown no town motivation in his posts. His top two scum reads are myself, and secondpassing who is my top town.

6. ISO #206

7. ISO #207

8. ISO #208

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I wasn't trying to get anyone to like me for it. You were in such a hurry about trying to try hard this game that you expected everyone to start for your sake. There is nothing to be said at the beginning anyways so you have to transition to that.

With that being said, all I did was make a post describing my current playing history. I'm super confusing and miss lynched a lot.

If you find the note in the next few pages you are blessed.
    Have you ever considered not being "super confusing"? lol Just a suggestion here. :P
    I am Hela, Odin's firstborn, commander of the legions of Asgard, the rightful heir to the throne and the Goddess of Death.

9. ISO #209

top 2 scum/top 2 town

Reasoning if you have time/can skip your reasoning on why you think I am scum.
    Top 2 scum:
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]Suntax- "checking in" style post reads like scum trying to hide and avoid contributing while lurking the way to victory
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]Purebe - simply by PoE and not enough info on Stereo/SuperJack yet. He edges out Eggy on my list since I've found more of Eggy's contributions to be helpful/constructive than Purbe who seems to be coasting on interactions with Duckk

Top 2 town:
    secondpassing - Great reasoning, driving discussion forward, very solid town in my book
    [COLOR="#00FF00"]Unknown - The feeling I get from this player seems more like a scumhunting townie than a scum. Solid insights, and I like how he is trying to bring our attention to lurkers like Stereo and Suntax.

Tbh, after reading the last few pages I'm leaning more towny on Duckk now too. If I trust my Mesk meta then Mesk is town.
    I am Hela, Odin's firstborn, commander of the legions of Asgard, the rightful heir to the throne and the Goddess of Death.

10. ISO #210

Quote Originally Posted by Whad View Post
    Top 2 scum:
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]Suntax- "checking in" style post reads like scum trying to hide and avoid contributing while lurking the way to victory
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]Purebe - simply by PoE and not enough info on Stereo/SuperJack yet. He edges out Eggy on my list since I've found more of Eggy's contributions to be helpful/constructive than Purbe who seems to be coasting on interactions with Duckk

Top 2 town:
    secondpassing - Great reasoning, driving discussion forward, very solid town in my book
    [COLOR="#00FF00"]Unknown - The feeling I get from this player seems more like a scumhunting townie than a scum. Solid insights, and I like how he is trying to bring our attention to lurkers like Stereo and Suntax.

Tbh, after reading the last few pages I'm leaning more towny on Duckk now too. If I trust my Mesk meta then Mesk is town.
    Oops not sure why my color tags didn't work.

11. ISO #211

im providing much needed edgy comments if thats not helping I dont know what is. Admittedly OMGUSing me bruh lynch this boy

Eggy is really starting to annoy me here. I can't figure out what motivation town or scum would have to make me annoyed with them though. NAI. but frustrating.

12. ISO #212

13. ISO #213

Shit I should have known a question asking whad to explain his reads was a bad idea. He left faster than a B... hmm shouldn't go there.
    Pardon my absence. I had a skype date.

14. ISO #214

15. ISO #215

16. ISO #216

Guess I will head to bed.

I think the lynch should be between eggy/suntax. Suntax is more of a poe, won't even try to read off his one post. I think the scum are within eggy/pure/suntax/maybe mesk if need a fourth, but would not lynch her today.

I would prefer an eggy lynch as his reads are terrible and he has shown no town motivation in his posts. His top two scum reads are myself, and secondpassing who is my top town.
    lol if you think im scum its actually funny I have decided to have fun this game since it is the last game of the season. I might be a bit trolly so far but i dont know what to tell you. If anything not taking a game seriously is town indicative on this site. have a good day sir

17. ISO #217

18. ISO #218

-vote MattZed

Throwing my vote here since I currently dislike this slot the most. Also MattZed is here to produce content that can convince me I'm wrong with my vote.
    I'm less here than you would believe. Just replaced in because Frog PM'ing me triggered an e-mail. I'm busy until later tonight.

No idea what you have against the FM god that is Suntax. Surely he couldn't have messed things up so much that you're going to hard scumread someone who needed a replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

19. ISO #219

Top 2 scum:

Top 2 town:

how have I contributed more than anyone lmao?? lolol well thnks bro I appreciate your town read

20. ISO #220

Eggy is really starting to annoy me here. I can't figure out what motivation town or scum would have to make me annoyed with them though. NAI. but frustrating.
    aww was fun while it lasted. Ill hold a vote if you 5 people mention me and say they want me to play seriously ill do it

21. ISO #221

Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    I'm less here than you would believe. Just replaced in because Frog PM'ing me triggered an e-mail. I'm busy until later tonight.

No idea what you have against the FM god that is Suntax. Surely he couldn't have messed things up so much that you're going to hard scumread someone who needed a replacement.
    he seemed russian

22. ISO #222

23. ISO #223

24. ISO #224

Everyone I've voted has replaced out. It's a sign.

-unvote

Matt, feel free to defend Suntax on what he has said before his departure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

25. ISO #225

Just checked. Suntax made a SINGLE post this entire game. You can't find a scumread more worthy than someone who made literally a single post?

He's your top suspect because you feel he made a "check in" post that suggests he's going to hide. But then he gets replaced out, thus showing he's not actively lurking, and you still scumread his slot? The exact reason you scumread him goes away, but your opinion on the slot doesn't change? I don't buy it.

-vote Whad

Make some real reads plox.

26. ISO #226

Quote Originally Posted by Suntax View Post
    Privet Comrades .

I am here and since i have not been on the mafia for some time so I may be a bit rusty but i will attempt to give my analysis and shit when I can.

I am just checking in however so I will be here for 5ish mins then I will be off.
    The word "rusty" stands out to me, but I'll leave you to explain the post full of excuses.

27. ISO #227

Everyone I've voted has replaced out. It's a sign.

-unvote

Matt, feel free to defend Suntax on what he has said before his departure.
    Unless I'm missing something, he made a single post saying he was rusty and was going to get into the game. Is there really anything you would like "defended" in that?

28. ISO #228

Unless I'm missing something, he made a single post saying he was rusty and was going to get into the game. Is there really anything you would like "defended" in that?
    Why must someone feel "rusty" if they are Town?

There are two ways to play:

1.) Town can play whatever way they want to play the game. No need or way to be "rusty" at town.

2.) Scum have to survive, which means ultimately playing tiwnier than most. If you are new and cannot do this, what is that called to you? Rust?

My point is, the entire post is him making excuses for himself to excuse any 'errors' that he would make in the future.
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

29. ISO #229

Sorry, I meant returning not new.

30. ISO #230

Why must someone feel "rusty" if they are Town?

There are two ways to play:

1.) Town can play whatever way they want to play the game. No need or way to be "rusty" at town.

2.) Scum have to survive, which means ultimately playing tiwnier than most. If you are new and cannot do this, what is that called to you? Rust?

My point is, the entire post is him making excuses for himself to excuse any 'errors' that he would make in the future.
    He's a long-time player who hasn't been around in months. That's almost the definition of rusty.

Suntax is not a new player.

And to answer your question, no, no one would call a bad new player "rusty." Rusty very plainly means you used to have some skill or talent and lost it from misuse. You're either simply not aware of what the word "rusty" means, or you're intentionally making a shitty case.

Characterizing a two-sentence introductory post as being "full of excuses" is a misrep.

-vote Unknown1234

31. ISO #231

He's a long-time player who hasn't been around in months. That's almost the definition of rusty.

Suntax is not a new player.

And to answer your question, no, no one would call a bad new player "rusty." Rusty very plainly means you used to have some skill or talent and lost it from misuse. You're either simply not aware of what the word "rusty" means, or you're intentionally making a shitty case.

Characterizing a two-sentence introductory post as being "full of excuses" is a misrep.

-vote Unknown1234
    Most of your attack is based on me calling him new (which I corrected btw). That isn't the point of what I'm saying.

I don't see people do that. Ever. Why? Because it makes no sense to go on about you not playing in a long time and that you will make mistakes. "Rusty" is not a town word because it acts as if you have a standard you must be reaching and that you don't think you will. That is almost the same as a scum saying "I am not going to do well this game so keep it in mind." You seem to be overtly aggressive about this.

I told you three times where he makes excuses. This is not a misrepresentation.

1.) Rusty is not how Town addresses themselves. It's not.

2.) The post says that they won't be around, which is not the point of signing for a game if you can't be around.

3.) Closes discussion and has them covering anything that doesn't make sense as "being rusty". Anything that could seem opportunistic or sketchy is classified as "rust". Not promising.

That being said, nice deflection towards myself and Whad for not agreeing with you. Let's see how the rest goes.

32. ISO #232

If you want to be arguing about a word the entire game, you are on a good start. I'm not going to drop my point and that is that rust is comparing yourself to some of standards, and saying that you won't reach those standards. There are different ways this word is used Matt.

33. ISO #233

im proud of you whad get ur virtual dick wet my friend. Whad is now in my no lynch pool assuming his date was with a female
    What the fuck Eggy?

34. ISO #234

35. ISO #235

If you want to be arguing about a word the entire game, you are on a good start. I'm not going to drop my point and that is that rust is comparing yourself to some of standards, and saying that you won't reach those standards. There are different ways this word is used Matt.
    Your argument is literally "rusty is not a town word." I do not even.

I cannot recall the last time I heard a dumber argument. And this is saying something, because Duckk was pulling some hard moon logic last game.

36. ISO #236

lol if you think im scum its actually funny I have decided to have fun this game since it is the last game of the season. I might be a bit trolly so far but i dont know what to tell you. If anything not taking a game seriously is town indicative on this site. have a good day sir
    Your comment about not taking games seriously being town indicative while not taking this game seriously seems more calculated and manipulative than town indicative.

im proud of you whad get ur virtual dick wet my friend. Whad is now in my no lynch pool assuming his date was with a female
    lol way to be heteronormative

37. ISO #237

Like... really? You are suggesting that being scum is a skill one can lose, but town can do whatever they want for their townplay.

I'm not sure you realize how plainly absurd you're being. BEING TOWN IS NOT A NO-SKILL TASK. You can't just sit down at your computer and watch the game go by. You have to read, analyze, find your allies, and convince them to lynch scum. Being strong town requires more skill and attention than being strong scum, and it boggles my mind that you would even suggest town can just faff about and call it a day.

I am really straining to see how a town could make such an openly mistaken argument. It's not OMGUS if I'm voting someone who is voting me for terrible reasons.

38. ISO #238

The only reason your slot is scummy is by PoE and a "checking in" post that looked particularly blendy.

how have I contributed more than anyone lmao?? lolol well thnks bro I appreciate your town read
    I thought you had some nuggets a few pages ago, but recent developments are making me feel like I should reread

aww was fun while it lasted. Ill hold a vote if you 5 people mention me and say they want me to play seriously ill do it
    @Eggy I vote that you play seriously.

39. ISO #239

Just checked. Suntax made a SINGLE post this entire game. You can't find a scumread more worthy than someone who made literally a single post?

He's your top suspect because you feel he made a "check in" post that suggests he's going to hide. But then he gets replaced out, thus showing he's not actively lurking, and you still scumread his slot? The exact reason you scumread him goes away, but your opinion on the slot doesn't change? I don't buy it.

-vote Whad

Make some real reads plox.
    PoE and blendy posts, man. You are continuing to blend "I'm really busy guys I'll post more later I'm just here because Frog's post triggered an email"

40. ISO #240

The only reason your slot is scummy is by PoE and a "checking in" post that looked particularly blendy.
    Please explain how you've PoE'd someone as scum on D1 of a 9-player game. If you're town, how did you establish 6 townreads so quickly?

41. ISO #241

Also this. Like did we all just miss Suntax admitting he's on the mafia!?
    MattZed you got some 'splainin to do.

Privet Comrades .

I am here and since i have not been on the mafia for some time so I may be a bit rusty but i will attempt to give my analysis and shit when I can.

I am just checking in however so I will be here for 5ish mins then I will be off.

42. ISO #242

PoE and blendy posts, man. You are continuing to blend "I'm really busy guys I'll post more later I'm just here because Frog's post triggered an email"
    *yawn* I'm still here and making more substantive points than you right now.

Whad, you aren't my beef right now. You, like Unknown, are voting my slot for allegedly strategically lurking, when in reality this couldn't be the case because that player was replaced! It's illogical, but right now Unknown is being worse. It's been a long time since I've felt someone trying to discredit me as hard as he is now. He is acting obsessed over a two-sentence post and is simultaneously trying to paint my argument as being "omg your use of a word is bad" when really I'm pointing out how many holes his argument has, merely one of which is his poor analysis of the word "rusty."

Vote Unknown.

43. ISO #243

Also this. Like did we all just miss Suntax admitting he's on the mafia!?
    MattZed you got some 'splainin to do.
    It really puzzles me that you scumread Suntax for a two-sentence post but it takes until now for you to figure out what you really don't like about it.

In context he clearly means that he hasn't been in the GAME mafia in some time. Why would he be so concerned about giving his analysis if he's not town? Scum don't need to analyze.

44. ISO #244

Like... really? You are suggesting that being scum is a skill one can lose, but town can do whatever they want for their townplay.

I'm not sure you realize how plainly absurd you're being. BEING TOWN IS NOT A NO-SKILL TASK. You can't just sit down at your computer and watch the game go by. You have to read, analyze, find your allies, and convince them to lynch scum. Being strong town requires more skill and attention than being strong scum, and it boggles my mind that you would even suggest town can just faff about and call it a day.

I am really straining to see how a town could make such an openly mistaken argument. It's not OMGUS if I'm voting someone who is voting me for terrible reasons.
    Seems to me like the argument isn't about whether playing town or scum requires skill; it's more about the mindset of both alignments. Most townies have a sort of self righteousness about them where they don't really care if they come across as a little bit scummy since they have the truth behind them and don't fear a cop check. Scum on the other hand may be more cautious to try to avoid being lynched and to avoid being checked. This caution manifests itself in subtle ways such as calling one's self "rusty" as a pre-emptive excuse of one's behavior. Scum guilt can result in a lot of pre-emptive excuses.

45. ISO #245

It really puzzles me that you scumread Suntax for a two-sentence post but it takes until now for you to figure out what you really don't like about it.

In context he clearly means that he hasn't been in the GAME mafia in some time. Why would he be so concerned about giving his analysis if he's not town? Scum don't need to analyze.
    Everyone has to analyze. Scum have to analyze or at least attempt it in order to appear townie.

Look, you replaced into a pretty bad slot. I'm probably going to keep voting you unless a better case appears against another player. The case is:

1. Suntax admits he's on the mafia
    2. Suntax says he is rusty in an attempt to pre-empt errors in a display of scum-guilt
    Unknown presents some reasoning on why he doesn't like this:
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...l=1#post643927
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...l=1#post643932
    I present some reasoning on why I don't like this:
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...l=1#post643945

3. Suntax is really blendy with his "just checking in" post which seems like scum trying to stay under the radar and post just enough to coast through the day

@MattZed if not you then who should we lynch today and why.

46. ISO #246

*yawn* I'm still here and making more substantive points than you right now.

Whad, you aren't my beef right now. You, like Unknown, are voting my slot for allegedly strategically lurking, when in reality this couldn't be the case because that player was replaced! It's illogical, but right now Unknown is being worse. It's been a long time since I've felt someone trying to discredit me as hard as he is now. He is acting obsessed over a two-sentence post and is simultaneously trying to paint my argument as being "omg your use of a word is bad" when really I'm pointing out how many holes his argument has, merely one of which is his poor analysis of the word "rusty."

Vote Unknown.
    @MattZed

What scum-motivation does Unknown have for getting all argumentative about semantics of "rusty." And like, how is that more scummy than a lot of other behavior we've seen here. I don't understand your response to the "rusty" argument and I'm trying to understand it beyond the face value OMGUS.

47. ISO #247

Seems to me like the argument isn't about whether playing town or scum requires skill; it's more about the mindset of both alignments. Most townies have a sort of self righteousness about them where they don't really care if they come across as a little bit scummy since they have the truth behind them and don't fear a cop check. Scum on the other hand may be more cautious to try to avoid being lynched and to avoid being checked. This caution manifests itself in subtle ways such as calling one's self "rusty" as a pre-emptive excuse of one's behavior. Scum guilt can result in a lot of pre-emptive excuses.
    I will grant you that inexperienced scum tend to have a guilt complex.

However, in order to scumread Suntax for saying something, you still need to make the claim "Suntax as scum is much more likely to say this than Suntax is as town." The notion of 'scum guilt' makes it plausible Suntax would claim to be rusty as scum, but you still need to assume that Suntax isn't going to claim to be 'rusty' as town, which is wrong. Suntax has a reputation of being shamed for being inactive in games. (he even abandoned hosting a game!!) At the end of the day, he'll want to not keep getting shamed, which means not letting his teammates down, regardless of alignment. Why would he bother apologizing in day chat when he would have a night chat to apologize to a scum ally? Unknown's argument, even if the non-overstated version you present it, doesn't prove what it claims to, and that bothers me.

But what bothers me more is the strength with which Unknown scumreads my slot for this post. Sure, scum may want to excuse themselves, (although as I've already pointed out multiple times, he clearly couldn't have been strategically lurking) and this is at best weak evidence of scum alignment. Weak evidence. And yet Unknown insists Suntax's one post is so extreme it needs a defense. It's an introductory post that's being mined to discredit my slot.

48. ISO #248

Reading this silly argument is funny. MattZed is turning my read of Suntax as a misrep of him. Instead of trying to be productive and doing he isn't doing what he should be doing as town. Such as...

A.) proving why I'm scum

Or

B.) Providing reads or scum-hunting

Instead he spent his time saying that I misrepresented him by arguing about a word and clinging to the fact that one post isn't enough to scum-read someone. I really don't see any reason for you to scum-read me, and I'm surprised you haven't commented elsewhere because I can name three people who had a read on me based on my first post. So tell me Mr.Zed, when are you going to pick up where Suntax left off and actually do something? Or are you scum and going to push your "Unknown misrepped me he's scum" theory.

49. ISO #249

MattZed, you actually have to DO something for someone to change a read. Suntax's opener was terribly scummy whether you agree or not.

50. ISO #250

I will grant you that inexperienced scum tend to have a guilt complex.

However, in order to scumread Suntax for saying something, you still need to make the claim "Suntax as scum is much more likely to say this than Suntax is as town." The notion of 'scum guilt' makes it plausible Suntax would claim to be rusty as scum, but you still need to assume that Suntax isn't going to claim to be 'rusty' as town, which is wrong. Suntax has a reputation of being shamed for being inactive in games. (he even abandoned hosting a game!!) At the end of the day, he'll want to not keep getting shamed, which means not letting his teammates down, regardless of alignment. Why would he bother apologizing in day chat when he would have a night chat to apologize to a scum ally? Unknown's argument, even if the non-overstated version you present it, doesn't prove what it claims to, and that bothers me.

But what bothers me more is the strength with which Unknown scumreads my slot for this post. Sure, scum may want to excuse themselves, (although as I've already pointed out multiple times, he clearly couldn't have been strategically lurking) and this is at best weak evidence of scum alignment. Weak evidence. And yet Unknown insists Suntax's one post is so extreme it needs a defense. It's an introductory post that's being mined to discredit my slot.
    The entire first paragraph relies on me having to know his entire background, and saying that I need to meta read him. If there is no meta read, I'm not going to do it and will instead go against what I believe to be scummy.

That being said, you have spent your entire time arguing with me and trying to full force discredit me. You haven't even considered anything else I've said, or the fact that me asking you that question was to get you engaged in discussion.