Site Activity
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Site Activity

1. ISO #1

Site Activity

Hey guys, I've been gone for about a month now.
    Just wanted to see how you guys have been doing.

Update me on site activity and level of play since I've been gone.
    Can the site support activity for 50/30/20 game?
    How has the level of play changed since I've been gone?

Since I left I completed a 50er and a 13er, level of play and activity was amazing.
    The 50er finished at around 11,200 posts.
    The 13er finished at around 3,000 posts.

I've seen Titus, Firebringer, and Calix over there.
    Swell time all around.

2. ISO #2

Re: Site Activity

In terms of activity for a 20-player game, yeah you should check out the current M-FM to see how well that's working out.

SA had no lynches for 3 days and the Arsonist never ignited, then the Douse Checker checked the one Citizen who was not doused (meaning they had a 33-50% shot of being the Arsonist) and town lost.

Flash Point was a scum steamroll, ended up in both scum teams tying because of the 'Citizen wins ties' mechanic that meant the scum had to work together.

Lynch Fetish was a town steamroll. Activity was decent.

Guns and Hookers was fairly inactive and was won by town only because a) the first scum made a joke about being a Citizen with vest (that everyone took seriously) and b) the other scum decided to surrender.

Romeo and Juliet had nothing but unique roles so everyone claimed by Day 2 and scum had to concede.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    Why'd you leave out the sun emoji? I think it creates a huge sense of tone that is critical for the interpretation of the chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM Romeo View Post
    Go fuck yourself in the cucho.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed
    Your accent has ruined medieval fantasy films.

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Broken setups seem to be the root cause of the problem.
    Along with no way to support new players.
    Agreed -- setups that can be solved for the most part with a Day 2 mass claim are not well balanced at all given our site's odd meta. I feel like we need closer review of setups in light of how games are typically played on our site. I understand the desire for "swing" and exciting moments in games, but I think most players would prefer a well balanced game that has a greater likelihood of progressing vs. one that could easily be over based on 1-2 breaks for a faction. I understand random stuff happens, but it's a shame to play in a game that is essentially over by Day 2 due to mass claiming / night action randomness.
    Last edited by DarknessB; March 27th, 2016 at 10:27 AM.

6. ISO #6

I think 20 players would be the perfect size for our site to handle. But I also think there is a lot of players that end up toxic to games due to their play style. It could be a good experience in the right situation. I think we could 'fill' 30 or 40 player games but of those 40 players there would maybe be 20 who are actually playing and 20 who just kind of sign up and exist.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    ^ that's it. I blame Firebringer.
    I agree. His computer just cant handle it : )
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by Firebringer View Post
    At least my computer didn't crash!
    Yet...
    Yeah, My shit is unstable as hell sense I reformatted. Never use a Microsoft virtual disk. I dont know what they changed but I am thinking about buying another copy of windows just so I can have a stable system again.

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    Hey guys, I've been gone for about a month now.
    Just wanted to see how you guys have been doing.

Update me on site activity and level of play since I've been gone.
    Can the site support activity for 50/30/20 game?
    How has the level of play changed since I've been gone?

Since I left I completed a 50er and a 13er, level of play and activity was amazing.
    The 50er finished at around 11,200 posts.
    The 13er finished at around 3,000 posts.

I've seen Titus, Firebringer, and Calix over there.
    Swell time all around.
    Was ur month vacation cause you cheated in a fm?