Register

User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10
  1. ISO #451

2. ISO #452

3. ISO #453

Re: S-Fm 165 Greater idea

Oh look this game ended.

I didn't read the setup lol. I didn't know my discarded role went public or I would have kept mason.

Anyway,

-vote AbolishTheMVP
    :toad:

Spoiler : O.o :
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWolf
    Why are you being an anti town bitch? You got a fucking point or just a major fucking attitude problem? I dare you to take me on with a game related case cuz I'll tear it apart.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4. ISO #454

5. ISO #455

6. ISO #456

7. ISO #457

8. ISO #458

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessB View Post
    That's not how you spell DarknessB.
    I'm protesting the system </3
    :toad:

Spoiler : O.o :
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWolf
    Why are you being an anti town bitch? You got a fucking point or just a major fucking attitude problem? I dare you to take me on with a game related case cuz I'll tear it apart.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9. ISO #459

Quote Originally Posted by slendermenz View Post
    sorry for the lack of activity everyone. I've been having real life issues. also

-vote Frog
    Sorry that you're dealing with real life issues. It's not just the lack of activity though man -- when you were around, there were a lot of questionable posts in terms of helpfulness to the Town. I won't pile on you, but I think you'd be better received if you adjusted your playstyle a bit, in terms of being a little more serious / focused. In any event, hope your real life stuff is alright, and we can take this up more so later if you want.

10. ISO #460

11. ISO #461

12. ISO #462

GG everyone. :-)

I was the lone Mason.

@Klingon - yeah I asked SuperJack, he was the missing kill each night.

I was surprised at the number of serial killer draws in this game. Anyone else concerned?

Werewolf Immune Serial Killer
    Mafia Immune Serial Killer
    Alien Immune Serial Killer
    Werewolf
    Mafia Doctor

Innocent Child
    Blood Hound
    Private Investigator
    Bodyguard
    Nynphomaniac
    Mason

It was the only true vanilla- scum heavy setup but competing scum. We got lucky they were so divided.

13. ISO #463

14. ISO #464

15. ISO #465

16. ISO #466

Quote Originally Posted by Klingoncelt View Post
    I like these crazy role games better in the SC2 format. 48-72 hours works far better for this sort of game than 2-3 freakin' weeks. Players wind up overthinking the game and second-guessing themselves. The longer deadlines hurt the player.

ps
    Next game, please let me live a couple of days, you guys, dang.
    Yeah, that's one of the reasons I couldn't do Mafiascum -- the games are way too stretched out honestly. After 2 days or so, how much more can there be to discuss? Just leads to too much delay their way.

17. ISO #467

Quote Originally Posted by slendermenz View Post
    Well I'm a little new to the Forms. never played form mafia before. i play like i do in sc2 mafia. i have a kinda useless town role so its really hard to take it seriously. its like getting shitizen in sc2 mafia.
    This post is worth some discussion. In FM, Citizen is a very common and useful role in terms of deflecting attention from those players who you think are Town Power Roles (i.e. non-Citizens). Remember when you first joined the forums and expressed an interest in Forum Mafia, I suggested you observe a game or two before jumping in? This is part of the reason.

No role is useless in FM -- you have to approach the game in terms of voting power and persuasion more than night actions man. There were so many scum floating around that we needed every last Townie's thoughts and votes. Not taking your role seriously almost cost the Town the win -- in a narrow game like this, we really need everyone on board.

It's just different from the SC2 mod where the Town always has an excess of Power Roles and can win strictly by night actions. FM is much more about reading players based on their posts and reaching consensus on correct day lynches. I hope that has become more apparent in your first couple of games and you can adjust your playstyle to being more productive, because most FM setups have a ton of Citizens. Would appreciate other players chiming in here as well, because I think this is an important point to make.

TLDR -- If you approach this like the SC2 mod, it's not going to be a very good experience for any of us. Forum Mafia is its own animal, which you're hopefully seeing more so now.
    Last edited by DarknessB; November 9th, 2015 at 06:52 AM.

18. ISO #468

19. ISO #469

20. ISO #470

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    Actualy they are doing trail runs of blitz games right now (24-72 hrs)
    Yeah Fire mentioned this to me. MU also has bot-hosted turbo games that last ±1 hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by RLVG View Post
    Lol, sorry for killing you.

Also, sorry SuperJack! 💔
    RLVG, you played awesome this game. I had for the most part town read you except for a couple of standout posts from D1. When I started to ISO you I was reluctant to release it because it basically drew the conclusion you were Town with a hesitation.

21. ISO #471

22. ISO #472

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessB View Post
    It's funny that Mafiascum's idea of a blitz fast game (say 72 hour days) would be glacial by our site's standards (where people even grouse about 48 hour days sometimes). I can only imagine how painful their normal speed (7-10 calendar days per game day) must be.
    It's really nice for busy IRL members. One can take a day or two off to deal with whatever, or come in and post for 5 minutes a day because of schedule, and not miss out on anything happening in the game.