S-FM 159: Camp Mafia
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #1

S-FM 159: Camp Mafia

Welcome citizens of the Mushroom Kingdom to the Committee of Justice! I am your Mayor Toadette.

You have all been briefed on the illegal activities plaguing the city of Mushroomsville. We must find the culprits and bring them to justice.

Unfortunately all of you here are suspects! You must find out which of you are members of the Mafia. Choose wisely, for we will lynch the player at the end of the day with the most votes. Please review your classified documents here.

Role List:
    Mafia
    Mafia

Cop
    Town
    Town
    Town
    Town
    Town
    Town

Players:
    Yukitaka Oni
    MattZed
    Frog
    Firebringer
    Slaol
    DarknessB
    Stealthbombomb16
    Helz
    Superjack

We will begin the investigation when all players have confirmed and have 48 hour until nightfall. Good luck.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Re: S-FM 159: Camp Mafia

SuperJack, while I appreciate some good Day 1 trolling in FM games (Stealth's game for example), the mechanics of this game really don't lend themselves to doing so in a way that helps the Town. Specifically, remember that the person with the most votes is lynched at Day's end. In other words, joke voting has a much more serious consequence in this game than in other FMs. Therefore, I'd ask that you unvote me please.

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessB View Post
    SuperJack, while I appreciate some good Day 1 trolling in FM games (Stealth's game for example), the mechanics of this game really don't lend themselves to doing so in a way that helps the Town. Specifically, remember that the person with the most votes is lynched at Day's end. In other words, joke voting has a much more serious consequence in this game than in other FMs. Therefore, I'd ask that you unvote me please.
    Why are you so afraid of a single vote? Do you really think we're going to have only one vote made this day?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    Why are you so afraid of a single vote? Do you really think we're going to have only one vote made this day?
    Based on the last two games I've played, I feel like the tone of the game is much better set when we don't turn Day 1 into a trollfest. Worked very well in Fire's game where the Town controlled discussion very well and we were able to call out shitposters / people who looked fishy. In contrast, Stealth's game turned into a clusterfuck of trolling and it could have ended very badly for the Town had ika not been the one to hammer Super.

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

Based on the last two games I've played, I feel like the tone of the game is much better set when we don't turn Day 1 into a trollfest. Worked very well in Fire's game where the Town controlled discussion very well and we were able to call out shitposters / people who looked fishy. In contrast, Stealth's game turned into a clusterfuck of trolling and it could have ended very badly for the Town had ika not been the one to hammer Super.
    You literally called the first post of the game a troll post.

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

LOL, yes, I did. And Super basically admitted it was too, so we're actually in agreement.
    Well, for lack of any better evidence for the time being, I can support Super's pressure vote.

-vote DarknessB

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    *explains why everyone should at least cast a vote today*

*forgets to explain it, hopes someone disagrees*

*Wonders how many are capable of moving beyond IIoA*

-vote Slaol
    This setup probably warrants some IIoA time though, wouldn't you agree? Especially before most players have posted, there's not much else to talk about at this vantage point.

20. ISO #20

If you want to get crazy with your meta, note:

If the day ends and nobody has received the amount of votes needed, then the person with the highest amount of votes at day end will be lynched. If there is a tie, then the day will be extended 24 hours, the votes will be reset, and ONLY the tied players may be voted for during this time. If there is still a tie at the end of the 24 hours, all abstaining players will die. If there are no abstainers, the players tied for the most votes at that time will all be lynched.
    If the cop checks a townie tonight, the mechanics enable us to lynch everyone but those two. Namely:

Everyone votes for the person below them on the names list, except the person above the cop. Then we go into a 6-way tie. At this stage, the cop votes one person, the townie votes another, and then no one else votes. This will kill everyone except the cop and townie. If anyone tries to vote against this plan, they admit to being scum, and we mess them up.

This plan works as long as the cop is uncontested. Thus, if scum want to not lose, they need to contest the cop, which means we can out at least one scum by just going through the cop claims. Either way, we don't mislynch tomorrow.

For the record: The cop should not call until this plan is agreed on.

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

If the cop checks a townie tonight, the mechanics enable us to lynch everyone but those two. Namely:

Everyone votes for the person below them on the names list, except the person above the cop. Then we go into a 6-way tie. At this stage, the cop votes one person, the townie votes another, and then no one else votes. This will kill everyone except the cop and townie. If anyone tries to vote against this plan, they admit to being scum, and we mess them up.

This plan works as long as the cop is uncontested. Thus, if scum want to not lose, they need to contest the cop, which means we can out at least one scum by just going through the cop claims. Either way, we don't mislynch tomorrow.

Heh, this is actually pretty clever. Who are you and what have you done to MattZed?

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

*Mostly disagrees*

*Encourages others to think of a better strategy with(out) revealing (the plan).*

27. ISO #27

*Agrees that there is no benefit acting Y in this setup*

28. ISO #28

29. ISO #29

30. ISO #30

31. ISO #31

32. ISO #32

Works for me -- 48 hour days mean we have more time than usual to figure out what we're doing. Also, Frog doesn't normally type like that, lol?
    SuperJack says SuperJack was trying to Suggest SuperJack will use another method to make superjacks posts unique.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

33. ISO #33

34. ISO #34

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    SuperJack says SuperJack was trying to Suggest SuperJack will use another method to make superjacks posts unique.
    Close, but I think it's more like using asterisks and no nouns:

* Agrees that it would be funny if SuperJack types like Frog does this game *

* Thinks that people need to start participating instead of lurking *

* Wants to start discussing strategy once everyone is here *

Etc.

35. ISO #35

36. ISO #36

37. ISO #37

38. ISO #38

Quote Originally Posted by Firebringer View Post
    I am going to kick this game out of troll mode.

Okay,

I am the Town Cop.

Doctor on me, I will check Slaol tonight. Doctor do not WIFOM this, go on me. Mafia are definitely going to attack me.
    Sie, we have town only.

v)o.o)^
    A rare Yuki in ultimate form

Yukitaka Oni ~Tafkal Hit Squad Member~

39. ISO #39

40. ISO #40

41. ISO #41

42. ISO #42

43. ISO #43

44. ISO #44

45. ISO #45

46. ISO #46

Also, Frog doesn't normally type like that, lol?
    *Reminds others of the importance of experimentation.*

*Calls upon others to recognize and utilize pre-ambulatory and operative clauses exclusively.*

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    *Congratulates SuperJack on creating a unique identifier.*

*Stresses the method should not override communication ability.*

47. ISO #47

48. ISO #48

49. ISO #49

50. ISO #50