Let's discuss about forum ethics
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Let's discuss about forum ethics

Personally, the community is toxic and I'd like a positive change.

It's rather free to spread hatred and insults, with no punishment.
    I think this is wrong and what I have in mind requiring a change.

To start off with this, let's ask why this is acceptable :
    Calling someone names, like faggot, bitch, autistic, retard, etc.
    Stirring up emotions by verbal harassment.
    Going too far and not seeming to mind hurting someone.

I'd like some constructive critique and discussion regarding this matter.
    What's your thoughts, opinions and what should be done?

I think this hurts the community, scares of potential new users and current users.

Please keep this thread civil.

2. ISO #2

Re: Let's discuss about forum ethics

"Do Not Insult Other Members
    If you attack another member or contribute to a flame session in a thread, and the said member reports your post, we will infract your post. Keep in mind that valid criticism of another member is not considered insulting. Throwing around slurs and inflammatory speech for no reason other than to offend is.

Addendum on attacking other members:
    1: If the attacked user reports it, we will firmly consider acting and will most likely act in all cases unless we determine the post is really nothing and there was an overreaction.
    2: If someone other than the attacked user reports it, we will slightly consider acting. However, unless the attacked user feels harmed, all it will most likely do is simply bring it to our attention.
    3: If no one reports it, we do still reserve the right to act in severe cases. For example, blatant use of off-site information will be responded to before any report is required.

Possible Infractions: General Belligerence - 3 Points, Being an Asshat - 4 points, Severely Insulting Another Member - 5 Points, Griefing - 7 Points"

It's right there in GD rules. Report the insulting posts and punishments will follow.

3. ISO #3

I'm talking about ethics.
    Even if someone werren't targeted for insults or direct harassment, there's still heavy inflammatory language and that's quite toxic.

Readers who arren't part of this is still able to read it.

By continuing this behavior, it not only encourages them to continue, but promotes it.

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by RLVG View Post
    I'm talking about ethics.
    Even if someone werren't targeted for insults or direct harassment, there's still heavy inflammatory language and that's quite toxic.

Readers who arren't part of this is still able to read it.

By continuing this behavior, it not only encourages them to continue, but promotes it.
    Friends joke in that manor often. If someone says something we're less inclined to punish unkess the victim clearly is offended. If no one reports it then clearly no one was hurt. Also every post you disagree with but dont report is not only encouraging them to continue, but promoting it.

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Calling someone names, like faggot, bitch, autistic, retard, etc.

I think this hurts the community, scares of potential new users and current users.

7. ISO #7

We should aim to have more, civilized behavior in posts outside of Criclejerk.

If people want to be complete asshats, let em do so in circlejerk, just, not elsewhere. It simply doesnt encourage positive change to have all of these negative posts not isolated.

Don't we want positive change?
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by deathworlds View Post

If people want to be complete asshats, let em do so in circlejerk, just, not elsewhere. It simply doesnt encourage positive change to have all of these negative posts not isolated.

i second this

and 400 now 500 do we hear 600, 600 by T-money come go higher brandon u gonnna raise no, this is a good unit, ok , all in fair warn
    Sold to T-money for 600 dollar

T-money-used box of tissues theres 1k there, oh god damn look at this some air particles theres 500 dollar there, we in the money baby

9. ISO #9

I second this idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

10. ISO #10

I Third this idea.

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

Let's all be friends!

Why am I a faggot, bitch, autist, retard, etc.

Last edited by Lysergic; June 19th, 2015 at 02:03 PM.

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

This in the end isn't something staff can do. You need to all ratchet your own actions into positive stuff, truly positive stuff. I can't think of a single person that honestly can have a legitimate conversation on here without at minimum silently hating the other person. Most people openly hating the other person.

If you want this to improve, improve yourself and report anything you think is wrong. If we get enough reports on something we will see what action need be taken.

15. ISO #15

if u dont like a post pls report it, that's how you change the community.
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

Quote Originally Posted by Firebringer View Post
    I only agree if I can still call people stupid, its the only insult I like dishing out.
    Sir sheriff jailor, you lynch 2 mafia and 2 neutral killing, neutral evil but town not believe you are sheriff and lynch you
    - Will you still calm down and call them: Stupid only?

v)o.o)^
    A rare Yuki in ultimate form

Yukitaka Oni ~Tafkal Hit Squad Member~

21. ISO #21

<-------<(o.o)> this community needs more sheriff jailors xD
    Last edited by Brendan; June 19th, 2015 at 08:26 PM.
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

22. ISO #22

I agree with RLVG, Slaol, deathworlds, Firebringer, and Banana, among others. You can disagree with, dislike, and even troll someone without resorting to over-the-top personal attacks. There are also the usual boundaries of poor taste in insults -- race, religion, sexual orientation, etc. We're presumably posting on this forum because we like Mafia, the Mafia community, or some combination of the two. There's no need to make it about personal attacks instead. That only drives people away and makes this an unwelcoming place in the long run.

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

I agree with Bruno, and Admiral. You can disagree with, dislike, and even troll someone while resorting to over-the-top personal attacks. There are also the usual boundaries to be crossed with good taste -- race, religion, sexual orientation, etc. We're presumably posting on this forum because we like Mafia, the Mafia community, or some combination of the two. There's a need to make it about personal attacks instead. That only drives people here who loves memes and makes this a welcoming place in the long run.

27. ISO #27

this site is a gaming site filled mostly of teenage boys. Its pretty akin to what one would expect as far as jokes and language go. I'm not quite sure why some people are such pansy's and have issue with words. If a word makes you uncomfortable that's really an insecurity inside you that you would need to work out on your own.

i<3cryptonic

28. ISO #28

29. ISO #29

30. ISO #30

Quote Originally Posted by MintBerry Crunch View Post
    I agree with Bruno, and Admiral. You can disagree with, dislike, and even troll someone while resorting to over-the-top personal attacks. There are also the usual boundaries to be crossed with good taste -- race, religion, sexual orientation, etc. We're presumably posting on this forum because we like Mafia, the Mafia community, or some combination of the two. There's a need to make it about personal attacks instead. That only drives people here who loves memes and makes this a welcoming place in the long run.
    I laughed at this.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

31. ISO #31

I completely agree with you re: age and language generally. It's a disproportionately younger crowd and people post to let off steam and / or troll others. No problem with that at all and 99% percent of posts.

However, at the extreme, the no-holes-barred flame wars are where we might disagree. I just don't think they're good for the community, especially when the comments get excessively personal. I agree with you people ideally should try to develop a thicker skin and you shouldn't let words get to you. Like you said though, many of us are younger and maybe not quite to that point yet.

Lastly, we're all hopefully posting here because we're trying to have fun and chat with people. Why not try to be a slightly nicer person, however minimal? Maybe it'll increase the chances of making a new friend, which is always a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    this site is a gaming site filled mostly of teenage boys. Its pretty akin to what one would expect as far as jokes and language go. I'm not quite sure why some people are such pansy's and have issue with words. If a word makes you uncomfortable that's really an insecurity inside you that you would need to work out on your own.

32. ISO #32

LOL, well played -- Trolling 101 by MintBerry Crunch. Totally repping you for this.

Quote Originally Posted by MintBerry Crunch View Post