PROTEST TO DARK REVENANT!!
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

PROTEST TO DARK REVENANT!!

TO DARK REVENANT

Coast has been around for a long time now, and has done good in our community. I don't think he should just lose powers over a mis-understanding. Coast has never done anything bad, I've never seen him do anything wrong... I am quite honestly surprised at this!! He has done so much good, and then for you to be like basically F U is just like wow.... Is that how our community is now? just say F U over a mis-understanding? Coast admits he did say that, but it was a mis understanding .... I can't tell you how many times coast has helped me, (one of few helpful mods/admins in fact) anyway though... what is the future of mafia without Coast? I really think this is a HUGE loss. And I have to say , honestly ... I don't know where the game will go without him. I don't really know what else to say, but I really wish you would reconsider. It's really not right, and not fair. For now I will consider whether or not I will play or help mafia again. Why? Coast is a good person, a good admin, a good friend, and a good player, and I have NO DOUBT in my mind he didn't mean whatever he is accused of. Well I guess that is all I have to say for now.

We the undersigned want Coast to be admin again.

Last edited by Psyduck; April 29th, 2015 at 09:10 AM.
    people once said that Firebringer played legit for example

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: PROTEST TO DARK REVENANT!!

I'm not familiar with whatever Mafia staff politics involved, but it seems like (at least normal player) punishments are sometimes adjusted based on specific circumstances, notwithstanding the normal punishment guidelines. For example, point bans have sometimes been reversed when the accused shows remorse / promises not to do it again / claims his account had been hacked, especially as time has passed. Another example would be the infamous Tafkal-related settlements of limited-time bans as opposed to lifetime bans (which would have potentially been warranted given the large number of posted offenses). That's not even to mention those cases where insufficient evidence and / or first offenses resulted in player offenses being put on-hold.

In any event, I've only had positive experiences with Coast, both in-game and on the forums, and think it's a big loss to the Mafia community to not have him as a staff member. Especially given the lack of game updates and decreased number of players over time, it would seem to be in everyone's best interest to mend fences and work to find some compromise to keep Coast on board as a staff member. Whether that could come in some form of a "staff suspension" (maybe Coast could lose his powers for a month or something similar, but then automatically be reinstated assuming good behavior), that would be up to the higher ups and Coast. Short of some compromise like that, however, this is a sad day in terms of losing a valuable member of the Mafia community.
    Last edited by DarknessB; April 29th, 2015 at 04:10 PM.

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Lysergic View Post
    It was his choice to leave. The traditional punishment for staff indiscretions is the loss of powers. I've seen many mods lose powers only to later get them back. >.>
    He was demoted for a crime he didn't commit. Since this is higher staff issue I won't go into much detail, but it is the reason I resigned.

No offense to any staff on forums but I just think this was a huge mistake.
    Don't pet growlithe, he will bite you.

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Faking a murder isn't a crime.
    But if you attempt to make everyone believe you committed a murder, why complain when they try you for a murder? You went out of your way to convince them you committed murder.

Anyway.

Coast is a good person, a good player in the community, and had definitely helped the forums and game over his time with us. He is someone I enjoyed as a person the brief times we would game together and as a member of the team. His loss is one of note and unfortunate. That said, the actions taken by high council were with consideration to all turns and in the end action on some level needed to be taken to make a firm stand against what occurred. After the demotion was presented Coast decided he didn't feel he really had time to commit to the game any further and felt this was the proper time to leave.

Many names have contributed as much or more than Coast and moved on for site or life related reasons as well, and while Coast will be missed, in the same manor that all before him and all after him will go... the mafia community will continue. The same goes for everyone here other than Dark.Revenant himself.

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Lord Slaolzin View Post
    But if you attempt to make everyone believe you committed a murder, why complain when they try you for a murder? You went out of your way to convince them you committed murder.

Anyway.

Coast is a good person, a good player in the community, and had definitely helped the forums and game over his time with us. He is someone I enjoyed as a person the brief times we would game together and as a member of the team. His loss is one of note and unfortunate. That said, the actions taken by high council were with consideration to all turns and in the end action on some level needed to be taken to make a firm stand against what occurred. After the demotion was presented Coast decided he didn't feel he really had time to commit to the game any further and felt this was the proper time to leave.

Many names have contributed as much or more than Coast and moved on for site or life related reasons as well, and while Coast will be missed, in the same manor that all before him and all after him will go... the mafia community will continue. The same goes for everyone here other than Dark.Revenant himself.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8nHCZqgFA8
    people once said that Firebringer played legit for example

10. ISO #10

There are a few points that could be discussed.

1. Whether Coast was or wasn't in the wrong and how the situation was handled from both sides.

2. Whether Coast would be more valuable as an asset to the game and the community than not.

3. Whether Coast would better spend the equivalent time outside of moderating the starcraft game.

I think this is a blessing in disguise. No doubt the void exists without Coast, but I think he's got more going for him outside the world of SC2 Mafia. It's nice to show support for your friend Psyduck, but I wouldn't start burning bridges. You enjoy SC2 Mafia right? You also still have Coast on Skype and your friends list. This doesn't have to be divisive or mutually exclusive unless you make it that way.

What can you do now? Keep your relationship with Coast. Help make the SC2 Mafia community less trolly.

Edit.

I guess I'll also add I'm sad Coast is gone and not likely to return even if granted his old role/apology/the whole shabang.
    Last edited by Frog; April 30th, 2015 at 11:57 AM.

11. ISO #11