S-FM 136: Sherlock Holmes - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #51

Re: S-FM Sherlock Holmes

Is there a way to only view posts made by a specific user?

I'll be able to go through everyone in detail if there is. I hope there is.

Also, 5/13 chance to get scum. I support a random lynch today.

-vote ika

L-2, maybe claiming role would help your situation.
    This statement is false. Or.. Is it..? Actually, I think it is the following statement that is false. Also, the preceding statement is true. u wot m8?

If you aren't mindqf'd enough yet, go and try to solve THIS.

2. ISO #52

Quote Originally Posted by Fatalis View Post
    I think its that amnesiac can visit both living/dead, becomes MM if targets dead non town, becomes jester if targets dead town, doesn't become anything if targets living
    This is correct

Can MM visit dead players to kill off coroners?
    Coroner must perform an autopsy at a living players house. MM can not visit dead players.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Requesting day1 extension until all players posted.
    I have no objection to this. I should've sent out PMs earlier, instead of just replying to the setup thread that the game would start.
    Last edited by Gyver; July 6th, 2014 at 04:32 AM.
    Spoiler : Accolades :

3. ISO #53

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritFryer View Post
    Morning.

Since roles are not revealed on death, and there are no last wills, I support the idea of mass role claiming.

I claim Detective.

As for my reads, as you all should know I'm new and suck at reading people, especially on troll day. I'll do my best anyway.

Am I misunderstanding you, or the setup? Or are you mindfqing ppl? Amnesiacs as potential detectives? Meh w/e it's troll day anyway.

I'm going to target Orpz tonight. Or is this just a WIFOM? Or double WIFOM? It would have to be, otherwise I'm stupid to reveal this. Or maybe I won't visit anyone. But why would I not as a Detective? That'd be stupid too. Damn...
    TBH I don't know if I believe there are 2 Detectives as I am a Detective as well.
    Also I am on vacation now so during day I won't be able to post, but at night I can get on my computer to post.

4. ISO #54

Quote Originally Posted by Banshis View Post
    TBH I don't know if I believe there are 2 Detectives as I am a Detective as well.
    Also I am on vacation now so during day I won't be able to post, but at night I can get on my computer to post.
    Why not? I think Detective is a bit overrated in this setup. You can check who your target targeted. But there are no revealed roles or lastwills on death. The only absolute way a Detective can really determine things, I think, is if the target claims to have visited someone else.

So to make things easier for us, and for town, everyone should claim their roles and whom they visited the night prior.

Discuss this idea. And go easy on me if I just suggested utter bullshit. Kthxbai.
    This statement is false. Or.. Is it..? Actually, I think it is the following statement that is false. Also, the preceding statement is true. u wot m8?

5. ISO #55

Why not? I think Detective is a bit overrated in this setup. You can check who your target targeted. But there are no revealed roles or lastwills on death. The only absolute way a Detective can really determine things, I think, is if the target claims to have visited someone else.

So to make things easier for us, and for town, everyone should claim their roles and whom they visited the night prior.

Discuss this idea. And go easy on me if I just suggested utter bullshit. Kthxbai.
    Well reasoning behind if I don't totally believe 2 detectives is based on coroner and doctor and 3 amnesiacs. Benefit of the doubt for now though.

6. ISO #56

7. ISO #57

8. ISO #58

Quote Originally Posted by Gyver View Post
    Mechanics

Game starts Day with Lynch.
    Days are 24 hours long.
    Nights are 24 hours long.
    Mass Murderers do not share a night chat.
    Roles are not revealed on death
    Autolynch occurs at 51%.
    There are no last wills.
    Are roles of lynched people revealed?

The reason behind this question is, if our (Detectives/Coroners) investigations lead to a lynch, and role of lynched person is not revealed, then Town cannot be sure whether we (Detectives/Coroners) were for real or not.

9. ISO #59

I assume the answer will be no, since if the role was revealed, then Amnesiacs would know what they are going by visiting that dead person.

Unless I am misunderstanding how Amnesiacs work. Which brings me to another question:

Can Amnesiacs only visit players still alive? And then the "if your target is dead" condition triggers if their target dies THAT NIGHT?

There is also the "if your target is alive, nothing happens". This implies that for some reason they do not know whether their target is alive or not? Why would they visit players who are alive and could potentially die, if there are already dead players in the graveyard?

Please clarify on exact Amnesiac mechanics with an example if possible.

10. ISO #60

I assume an early lynch ends day?
    Yes, early lynch will end the day. Day/Night will still cycle at 9pm eastern.

The reason behind this question is, if our (Detectives/Coroners) investigations lead to a lynch, and role of lynched person is not revealed, then Town cannot be sure whether we (Detectives/Coroners) were for real or not.
    Graveyard is not revealed.
    I assume the answer will be no, since if the role was revealed, then Amnesiacs would know what they are going by visiting that dead person.

Unless I am misunderstanding how Amnesiacs work. Which brings me to another question:

Can Amnesiacs only visit players still alive? And then the "if your target is dead" condition triggers if their target dies THAT NIGHT?

There is also the "if your target is alive, nothing happens". This implies that for some reason they do not know whether their target is alive or not? Why would they visit players who are alive and could potentially die, if there are already dead players in the graveyard?

Please clarify on exact Amnesiac mechanics with an example if possible.
    Amnesiacs can visit living or dead players. If an amnesiac visits a living player, nothing will happen even if their target dies that night.
    Spoiler : Accolades :

11. ISO #61

what happens if you lynch people? they die

12. ISO #62

13. ISO #63

14. ISO #64

15. ISO #65

what happens if you lynch people? they die
    Fatalis pls. Clarifying things only hurts scum :P

Please be reminded that day1 is not troll day. Only scums say that to kill discussion. We have 2 days (day1 and day2) to lynch amnesiacs who plan to be anti-town, before they turn into jesters.
    I got the impression that people were trolling, and since I've seen the term "troll day" in use before (in other games), I decided to use it here. Please excuse my excessive ignorance. I will do my utmost best to not repeat such blasphemy again.

Back to topic, Ika is L-2 and still refuses to co-operate. I don't know what to think of that. I am not unvoting.

16. ISO #66

17. ISO #67

18. ISO #68

Quote Originally Posted by nopro View Post
    Hello!

This is my first FM. Detective here. hf
    Third Detective claim. Le plot thickenz.

Ika you seem to be confident you won't get hammered.

I am not scared of hammering you.

-unvote

I said I wouldn't unvote. Consider this vote to be still there, I will recast it at L-1 to hammer.

19. ISO #69

Back to topic, Ika is L-2 and still refuses to co-operate. I don't know what to think of that. I am not unvoting.
    Its more of the fact that its pointless to argue against orpz or anyone who is voting me.

I make a vote, Nick counter vote, Orps follows and makes more reasoning, everyone else sheeps.

There not much to be said afterwards and there is no point in me arguing with them.

20. ISO #70

Ika you seem to be confident you won't get hammered.

I am not scared of hammering you.

-unvote

I said I wouldn't unvote. Consider this vote to be still there, I will recast it at L-1 to hammer.
    When did i say that? If you think i mean that then you are wrong, i fully expext a lynch to happen on me, heck if this site could take self voting i would hammer myself

21. ISO #71

22. ISO #72

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    When did i say that? If you think i mean that then you are wrong, i fully expext a lynch to happen on me, heck if this site could take self voting i would hammer myself
    Why are you so enraged that you were the d1 target? You are acting like Nick and Orpz are gods and their word is law. At least try to discourage us from voting you.

23. ISO #73

Its more of the fact that its pointless to argue against orpz or anyone who is voting me. I make a vote, Nick counter vote, Orps follows and makes more reasoning, everyone else sheeps. There not much to be said afterwards and there is no point in me arguing with them.
    Stop sulking like a baby to try to appeal to emotions, you uncooperative ****.

24. ISO #74

Its more of the fact that its pointless to argue against orpz or anyone who is voting me.

I make a vote, Nick counter vote, Orps follows and makes more reasoning, everyone else sheeps.

There not much to be said afterwards and there is no point in me arguing with them.
    You can troll but you can't hide
    -vote ika
    ika is MM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    -vote ika

Ika is likely Amnesiac
    Sorry ika, you were actually right. This is undeniable proof that you're scum. There is NO WAY you can get out of this one. Not a chance.

-vote ika

25. ISO #75

I'm not sure how comfortable I feel with so many dupes, but I'm Doctor. I think my actions show that I agree with the Mass RC though.

Honestly, I think ika is scummy as fuck. Blatantly ignoring the mass RC idea and trolling D1 when the rest of us are actually trying to be serious I believe warrants a lynch vote. Before that though, has everyone posted (besides Astrid, cause pretty sure he's not coming)? The extension to day was to make sure everyone posted...

I've been talking to Astrid over the past couple of days, and he's apparently having a hard time accessing SC2.

[7/5/2014 9:01:40 AM] ♥Aralia♥: Kat, I can't access SC2 Mafia
    [7/5/2014 9:02:04 AM] ♥Aralia♥: Probs doesn't work in Australia

Use that information as you see fit.

Spoiler : Game History :
    [X] S-FM Reverse Mafia - Mason Leader [L]
    [X] FM XXI - Drug Dealer [L]
    [X] S-FM "Do you even lift?"- Tardy Tim [L]
    [X] S-FM Deaths Deadly Damned Detroit - Doctor [W]
    [X] S-FM Double Agents - Mafioso [W]
    [X] S-FM Corrupt - Doctor [-]

26. ISO #76

27. ISO #77

28. ISO #78

Why are you so enraged that you were the d1 target? You are acting like Nick and Orpz are gods and their word is law. At least try to discourage us from voting you.
    No im not enrgade if you want to see my rage go see fm 18. As for the latter, they are much higher skilled then me so yes, their words are law BMPOV.

Stop sulking like a baby to try to appeal to emotions, you uncooperative ****.
    How? cry like a baby and plead to not be lynched? no. I rather be lynched day 1 then at endgame for silly reasons. I tried to poin out a possible MM and i get shit apoun. So no.

29. ISO #79

Sorry ika, you were actually right. This is undeniable proof that you're scum. There is NO WAY you can get out of this one. Not a chance.

-vote ika
    Now you understand....

Quote Originally Posted by Vantas View Post
    3.Slaol
    4.Astrid

Only two who haven't posted yet.
    Slaol might be scum for lack of activity. But i'll prob get ignored so point moot.

@vatness: then vote me

30. ISO #80

No im not enrgade if you want to see my rage go see fm 18. As for the latter, they are much higher skilled then me so yes, their words are law BMPOV.
    -vote Orpz

I am defying one whose word is law. I am doomed to hell for sure now. This is my first FM game and I dare vote someone who has been playing for god knows how long? Oh wait he is god... fml.

PS: I am still going to hammer if it comes to it.

PPS: I doubt you really feel like what you are trying to show us. My hammer will fall heavily upon your soul.

31. ISO #81

@Spirit can you explain the vote? I'm not really sure if I get why... :v

@ika I'd like to give a little more time for Slaol to post, then yes I'll vote you. I know that my vote is basically L-1, so we have to make sure everything's put in order before the lynch occurs cause there's no discussion after that.

32. ISO #82

Nonsense. If you think that our words are law then you would have claimed immediately. But no... you trolled, you complained, you sulked, you acted victim, anything but roleclaim. You are a decent enough player to know that roleclaiming is best for town.

33. ISO #83

Ika seems to have confessed as scum i am more than happy to hammer him.
    Spoiler : FM Experience :
    Spoiler : L-FM :
    FMXVII FM Roronoa Zoro - Obvious Jester - Lost, FMXVII FM Ryan - Citizen -Lost
    Spoiler : S-FM :
    S-FM 81 Bus Drivers: Bus Driver - Lost, S-FM 86 Plane Crash: Jailor Won, S-FM 84 Heart of The Swarm: Citizen - Won, S-FM 82 Colonization: Host - 3 Town Survivors, S-FM 71 MLP FiM I: Doctor - Lost, S-FM 68 Democracy: Citizen - Lost

34. ISO #84

Oh wait my bad - one less vote on ika than I thought.

-vote ika

35. ISO #85

36. ISO #86

37. ISO #87

-vote Orpz

I am defying one whose word is law. I am doomed to hell for sure now. This is my first FM game and I dare vote someone who has been playing for god knows how long? Oh wait he is god... fml.
    This is your first fm go at your own pace. I had the same troubles when i started as well. The fact you are sheeping somone you belive is perfectly normal for a first game.

PS: I am still going to hammer if it comes to it.
    thats fine

PPS: I doubt you really feel like what you are trying to show us. My hammer will fall heavily upon your soul.
    It wont, im used to this, as i stated earlier, i rather be lynched day 1 then late game

Let me ask you a serious question though: there have been 3 detecive claims, you say you dont believe one of them, do you think one of them is MM? If so who do you think it is?

@vat: whatever im gonna go afk unless if someone wants me

@nick: no i dont, i rather not play a mass rolecall game and then just try to find whos action is wrong, its annoying and basicly defeats the purpous of the game. Technacly every game could be broken by a mere mass role call but again, defeats that game and just becomes a game of "find whos action doesnt work"

I already stated who voted me for what reasons, if you have nothing to add then theres noting im gonna have to say.

As for the "word are law" i mean more on the fact of who is scum and who is town, ideas are an entirely diffrent thing. Just b/c you suggest some shit idea doesnt mean that has to be law. If i find an idea to be shit im goonna screw it and not do it.

@shadow, just vote me i rather have the new player hammer me

38. ISO #88

39. ISO #89

@nick: no i dont, i rather not play a mass rolecall game and then just try to find whos action is wrong, its annoying and basicly defeats the purpous of the game. Technacly every game could be broken by a mere mass role call but again, defeats that game and just becomes a game of "find whos action doesnt work"
    (1) If a game could be broken by a mass role call, it's the host's incompetence for making a shitty setup. (2) The idea of having different roles is to "find who's action doesn't work". Are you arguing that as a Sheriff you will not visit anyone at night because "its annoying and basically defeats the purpose of the game"?

40. ISO #90

Quote Originally Posted by Vantas View Post
    @Spirit can you explain the vote? I'm not really sure if I get why... :v
    I'm trying to show him how childish I think his sulkiness is.

Quote Originally Posted by 42shadow42 View Post
    Ika seems to have confessed as scum i am more than happy to hammer him.
    -vote ika

It's all yours

It wont, im used to this, as i stated earlier, i rather be lynched day 1 then late game
    Let me ask you a serious question though: there have been 3 detecive claims, you say you dont believe one of them, do you think one of them is MM? If so who do you think it is?
    Please quote me where you think I implied that one of them might be MM.

ika please start playing. You are claiming that the way you are acting now is actually profound rather than some WIFOM or guise or w/e.

I do realize that if it was just an act, you wouldn't reveal it. But you are insisting that it is not.

41. ISO #91

(1) If a game could be broken by a mass role call, it's the host's incompetence for making a shitty setup. (2) The idea of having different roles is to "find who's action doesn't work". Are you arguing that as a Sheriff you will not visit anyone at night because "its annoying and basically defeats the purpose of the game"?
    But obviously ika already knew all that, as a veteran player and host.

42. ISO #92

(1) If a game could be broken by a mass role call, it's the host's incompetence for making a shitty setup.
    and how many have been proven to be broken by mass role call?
    (2) The idea of having different roles is to "find who's action doesn't work". Are you arguing that as a Sheriff you will not visit anyone at night because "its annoying and basically defeats the purpose of the game"?
    No, im statin in this game the MMs have to bascily claim Detective or Cit. After that its just a matter of coordinating actions of who visits who. MMs have to either
    A) follow it and edventually be outed
    B) a role (detective) sees they do not vist who they were assigned and gets outed

@spirt:
    1) somone said 3 detecive claims, i assumed the did not belive it
    2) -.-
    3) See 1, as for the latter, yes it is how i ussaly play tbh. but you are right on the last part, it is no act this time around.

Usally I make:
    A) a mass of WIFOM in games to confuse the fuck out of people (which also involves many gambits)
    B) straightfoward as possible (but not very often)

I think if we it didnt go like this, you could see me at a better play, but the fact it went like this basicly demoralized and demotivated me

@nick: 1 only works in sem or open stetups. If this was entire closed (no roles even known) then it is less likely to be broken by mass role call
    2) if a sheriff can find scums then no, if a sherif is nerfed to only have one result (naive/paranoid), then yes i would find it pointless.
    See FM21 where i as doc took no action for night one, you know why? b/c i didnt trust anyone on day 1 to heal, scums had chances of cross fire so me healing may screw that up.

Yes i have many games and hosting experince, but tbh this game is so limited on roles that it can easily be broken by mass rolecall.

In more gigantic fms, a game with many roles or mechanics, roles that flpi something else, it is worse off to try mass role call

43. ISO #93

No, im statin in this game the MMs have to bascily claim Detective or Cit. After that its just a matter of coordinating actions of who visits who. MMs have to either A) follow it and edventually be outed B) a role (detective) sees they do not vist who they were assigned and gets outed
    Invalidated by: 1) Graveyard is hidden, 2) Total of five neutrals, 3) There is no scumproof coordination. Propose scumproof method to coordinate town action, and I may reconsider.

44. ISO #94

Invalidated by: 1) Graveyard is hidden,
    corner counteracts, also mass rolecall and then using a jester lynch to deduct

2) Total of five neutrals,
    ya so?
    3) There is no scumproof coordination. Propose scumproof method to coordinate town action, and I may reconsider.
    im not that motivated, but knwoing how you love to break games you will figure it out
    /tenchar

45. ISO #95

@spirt:
    1) somone said 3 detecive claims, i assumed the did not belive it
    2) -.-
    3) See 1, as for the latter, yes it is how i ussaly play tbh. but you are right on the last part, it is no act this time around.
    Third Detective claim. Le plot thickenz.
    The reason I exclaimed that, in such a way, was because Banshis was just discussing how he thinks 2 Detectives is unlikely. Then a wild third claim appears.

I have no reason to think that Banshis or nopro may be lying about their roles, considering how overrated Detective is (imo).

We will see though.

46. ISO #96

I will be gone for the next 4 hours or so, when I get back I have a few words to say and then I will hammer.
    S-FM 81 Bus Drivers: Bus Driver - Lost, S-FM 86 Plane Crash: Jailor Won, S-FM 84 Heart of The Swarm: Citizen - Won, S-FM 82 Colonization: Host - 3 Town Survivors, S-FM 71 MLP FiM I: Doctor - Lost, S-FM 68 Democracy: Citizen - Lost

47. ISO #97

If i haven't hammered by this time. Assume something has happened and hammer for me.

48. ISO #98

49. ISO #99

50. ISO #100