Proposal: Jail for Permabanned or any trolls known
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Proposal: Jail for Permabanned or any trolls known

I came up with this idea after reading about Louis' Permaban idea

IDEA: Anyone who is bad for the community , I.E. permabanned or kickvote listed (regular trolls & hard core trolls) go into "Jail" which is as soon as the game loads and the game sees whatever troll is here immediately goes into "jail" they can't talk to other people , they can't do anything to participate in the game. So they can't ruin the game by spamming , or quiting after roles are given. So it would almost be like when your dead chat, except only the trolls see the chat. And then further bother them by giving them random names and all yellow chat. And it would say you are in jail for X - reason for X- amount of time And possibly don't let them see what's going on in the game like just make their view go to a unit dancing or something stupid - and if you don't want to , don't add chat
    And if player _whatever has 7 wins and 50000 points they go to jail automatically , and if you wanted to take it even further , if Troll X is spamming a lot and if it has been given a warning , next time they do it , it goes to jail.

how this would work is, say it sees jihad clan (we all know they are trolls) jail> 7gram clan > jail other troll clan or name > Jail (keep updating list)

thoughts?
    people once said that Firebringer played legit for example

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: Proposal: Jail for Permabanned or any trolls known

Why not? About the pause abuse, he only can do this 3-4 times. It's a bit annoying, but it ends quickly.
    And we still can let them talk, and allow people to mute them quickly with -mute. But I also saw the stump role in the wiki... However, I never saw any. I already saw people in the watch, kick or ban list, but never any in the stump list. Is it still applied?

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    what is the point of a player joining a game but can't talk? If they can't participate & are proven to be malicious in games, might as well just keep them out entirely.
    read louis' thread .... but basically the hardcore trolls won't get their satisfaction, etc

8. ISO #8

1 day 1 night auto jail will punish town most, since they will most likely get town. Might as well permaban etc. then. The ultimate solution is probably making neutral more powerful, and then banning cheaters from getting neutrals. (neutrals win when they are skilled, else it's a tossup between town and evils) But that would be a new game.

A better suggestion is probably give them a shit survivor kind of role, with no vests, and mute for 1,2,3,4... etc. nights depending on infraction and no points gained for win/loss instead. It would make punishments adjustable as well. (trolls get more nights muted, less duration of punishment and so on) Permabans hurt the games popularity, with this they can still play, but they will actually be punished while playing. Not just a "create" new account GG, thing. Also, buff to jesters is always good ;)

(hell you could even remove votes as well, this could actually work I think)

To further elaborate, if you create a very nice reward at a certain treshold (1k maybe), making it better to play games with an account with a decent amount of games, this would further enhance said penalties, and consequences. Make sticking with one account rewarding, while on the other hand not punishing new players too much.
    Last edited by Myrtroll; March 19th, 2014 at 10:41 AM.

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by Myrtroll View Post
    1 day 1 night auto jail will punish town most, since they will most likely get town. Might as well permaban etc. then. The ultimate solution is probably making neutral more powerful, and then banning cheaters from getting neutrals. (neutrals win when they are skilled, else it's a tossup between town and evils) But that would be a new game.

A better suggestion is probably give them a shit survivor kind of role, with no vests, and mute for 1,2,3,4... etc. nights depending on infraction and no points gained for win/loss instead. It would make punishments adjustable as well. (trolls get more nights muted, less duration of punishment and so on) Permabans hurt the games popularity, with this they can still play, but they will actually be punished while playing. Not just a "create" new account GG, thing. Also, buff to jesters is always good ;)

(hell you could even remove votes as well, this could actually work I think)

To further elaborate, if you create a very nice reward at a certain treshold (1k maybe), making it better to play games with an account with a decent amount of games, this would further enhance said penalties, and consequences. Make sticking with one account rewarding, while on the other hand not punishing new players too much.
    Well it wouldn't be day 1 , its before the game is created /started

10. ISO #10

@mytroll
    If they always get survivor, then town would be auto exclude couple neutral slots. Wouldn't that pro town?
    I think 6 elite town is enough to combat 3 elite mafias, others are just decoration.
    But I think it would be workable if this survivor idea is refined more, especially if we can turn harmful element into helpful ones.

@Necro, what would you expect them to react?
    When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by louiswill View Post
    @mytroll
    If they always get survivor, then town would be auto exclude couple neutral slots. Wouldn't that pro town?
    They do not get surv. They get gimped surv, and are usually acting like idiot jester. Shoot and kill with no punishment, lynch and kill with no punishment. More setups balanced for 2+ benigns would solve it, or just kick one at start if there is more than 1 needing punishment. It would be better either way.
    Last edited by Myrtroll; March 19th, 2014 at 11:43 AM.

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

Why is there a need for a solution? Permaban is a solution.
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    And this stops them from doing that?
    well..if we can find a way to stop the satisfaction of trolling... maybe permaban is like, ok I'll just go around the rule gives them perhaps more satisfaction because they got "around" it

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

NecroThread, I somewhat like your idea. The part where they are put in jailed, ehh well, that's what perma banned is for I do however like the idea of auto-kick for bank hacking. If someone has 1,000,000,000 games played, you should auto-kick them or atleast reset their bank.
    Jowa

21. ISO #21

Quote Originally Posted by Jowa View Post
    NecroThread, I somewhat like your idea. The part where they are put in jailed, ehh well, that's what perma banned is for I do however like the idea of auto-kick for bank hacking. If someone has 1,000,000,000 games played, you should auto-kick them or atleast reset their bank.
    well, the game somewhat already does that. if you add over a certain amount it says " nice try" and if I remember correctly, you get an achievement to show you cheated... soo yeah..... but perma banned, well they can make smurf accounts, which is obv what tafakal , and jihad clan and throw clan and w/e ....so ya ......

Basically what my idea was, is either A. The game see's a troll like Tafakal (for example) it sees his name, because he's on a smurf again, and isn't banned, he will just go into a jail where he can't do anything. ^ then going along with this idea , maybe a vote also, in case he changes his name. Or maybe if it sees a certain symbol that they spam etc
    Last edited by Psyduck; April 16th, 2014 at 08:00 PM.

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23