Town of Salem?
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Town of Salem?

1. ISO #1

Town of Salem?

Note: as directly quoted from General Discussion; "Post all of your off-topic and unrelated discussions here." Also, there are no rules about bodily fluid exposure, and with no direct nudity, this post is in no ways breaking or even bending rules. Keep that in mind, h8rade sippers.

This is discussion of Town of Salem, since the other thread apparently only promotes it.

I'd post on their site, but they don't have any boards (lol?)

Regarding the Town of Salem changes, how do you exactly feel? You know, self-healing doctors, the removal of detective pairings, no citizens, etc.

At the moment, I feel like they're merely posting on this site to promote themselves, considering how drastically they've modified such basic features. Given the TREMENDOUS out lash, does BlankMediaGames even care? Lets face it, a majority of members on this site helped fund the (failed) Kickstarter, right? So doesn't it make sense they would listen to suggestions of this community? With such changes, I feel like it's nearly an entirely different and dumbed-down version of mafia.

How does it make you feel knowing BlankMediaGames is most likely using these forums as a free advertisement under the guise of "It's a lot like Mafia, so be sure to fund us to make it!"

This is how I feel :
    Spoiler : Violated :

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Town of Salem?

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    Congratulations boyz! We've broken the #1,200 views mark in less than 1.5 hours!
    #1,700 views in 2 hours

I don't want to write a new post because I want to keep the viewsosts ratio as high as possible.

My question is: is this a group effort now? Are we going for a world record?
    Isn't it against the rules now to hold F5 to refresh the page repeatively due to the constant crashing of servers a year back? Assuming that's what is happening.

As for Salem, I'd try it if it wasn't a forced requirement of Facebook which I'm trying to avoid.

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by RLVG View Post
    Isn't it against the rules now to hold F5 to refresh the page repeatively due to the constant crashing of servers a year back? Assuming that's what is happening.

As for Salem, I'd try it if it wasn't a forced requirement of Facebook which I'm trying to avoid.
    That's why you use an auto refresh and limit to every 10 secs

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Look what you have caused. Seems like everyone who posted is now confused about their own gender and are venting their frustration into opinions.

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
    Bruno,

More Mafia is good. They're already basing Town of Salem on SC2 Mafia which is a good thing. Maybe some of their changes are good, maybe some of their changes are bad, we won't know for sure until we test them thoroughly.
    We've tested and conceptualized them. There are many different things that could be added to Sc2 that would improve it. ToS has elected to disregard all of those in favor of the worst possible ideas it could have.
    Shit, they even deleted Detective because "it's similar to Lookout" how more direct do you want them to be in telling you they have no idea what is happening around them. Deleting Detective is fine, if you look at the S-FM forum here there are plenty of games that don't use it, but do it for a reason that makes sense at all.

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Bruno,

More Mafia is good. They're already basing Town of Salem on SC2 Mafia which is a good thing. Maybe some of their changes are good, maybe some of their changes are bad, we won't know for sure until we test them thoroughly.
    You've hardly been here 5 months. Don't you think these features were already tested? Inb4 Town of Salem paid actor.

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

I embrace whichever give the wildest choice.

For highest bidder!

Does free speeches give those country a disadvantage instead of advantage?

I'd say NecroJihad now will have another game to play with.

So, It maybe good to sc2mafia, to us all, isn't it?

For a consumer, there can always be more competitive market of same products.

Samsung violated Apple?

Apple violated Samsung?

I don't give a feather of it since the idea of a smart phone or PDA exists in ancient cartoon already.

I just want a cheaper service and a better service.

DR is more responsive recently and that means a lot of it.

I gonna buy Motor X.
    Last edited by louiswill; February 8th, 2014 at 05:25 PM.
    When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    So you're just a smurf then?
    undermine credibility? what if everyone is a smurf of some other organization...

I kind want to have this thread murdered. haha.

Anyway, how is their new feedback section?

has there been some good discussion?
    Last edited by louiswill; February 8th, 2014 at 07:41 PM.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

20. ISO #20

Quote Originally Posted by louiswill View Post
    undermine credibility? what if everyone is a smurf of some other organization...

I kind want to have this thread murdered. haha.

Anyway, how is their new feedback section?

has there been some good discussion?
    Well, since BlankMediaGames failed to address ANY concerns I listed in the OP, I'm assuming I'm right and he's just hoping nobody listens to me. Really? You need Kickstarter to fund a simple account system? Their investor gave them five thousand, you're telling me all of that went towards art and the game engine?

Total cash grab, and so many people are just bending over and spreading their cheeks.
    Last edited by creedkingsx; February 10th, 2014 at 04:13 PM.

21. ISO #21

Well, since BlankMediaGames failed to address ANY concerns I listed in the OP, I'm assuming I'm right and he's just hoping nobody listens to me. Really? You need Kickstarter to fund a simple account system? Their investor gave them five thousand, you're telling me all of that went towards art and the game engine?

Total cash grab, and so many people are just bending over and spreading their cheeks.
    I am sorry I have been ignoring you Bruno. If you feel that way about us, I am sorry. We have been working very hard to create a game that we want to play. Whether or not you want to play it is completely up to you. We are not here to steal people away from SC2 Mafia. We love SC2 Mafia.

To address your concerns about the money, have you ever created a game? A professional game is EXTREMELY expensive and takes quite a lot of time to build. We have been working on this game for 18 months and are just now getting to this stage since we could not work on it full time. The artwork for the game alone cost around $10,000. We have sunk our hard earned money into the game but we just don't have the savings to finish up the final push. The Kickstarter will fund lots of things as well as the account system. Such as a leveling system, artwork, marketing/advertising, making sure we don't starve before we finish the game, operating costs, server costs, legal fees, etc. I could go on more if you are interested.
    Last edited by creedkingsx; February 10th, 2014 at 04:13 PM.

22. ISO #22

Quote Originally Posted by BlankMediaGames View Post
    I am sorry I have been ignoring you Bruno. If you feel that way about us, I am sorry. We have been working very hard to create a game that we want to play. Whether or not you want to play it is completely up to you. We are not here to steal people away from SC2 Mafia. We love SC2 Mafia.

To address your concerns about the money, have you ever created a game? A professional game is EXTREMELY expensive and takes quite a lot of time to build. We have been working on this game for 18 months and are just now getting to this stage since we could work on it full time. The artwork for the game alone cost around $10,000. We have sunk our hard earned money into the game but we just don't have the savings to finish up the final push. The Kickstarter will fund lots of things as well as the account system. Such as a leveling system, artwork, marketing/advertising, making sure we don't starve before we finish the game, operating costs, server costs, legal fees, etc. I could go on more if you are interested.
    I'm interested in a couple things:
    1) How much are you asking for in your kickstarter?
    2) How exactly will the money be split up?

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

Quote Originally Posted by BlankMediaGames View Post

To address your concerns about the money, have you ever created a game? A professional game is EXTREMELY expensive and takes quite a lot of time to build. We have been working on this game for 18 months and are just now getting to this stage since we could not work on it full time. The artwork for the game alone cost around $10,000. We have sunk our hard earned money into the game but we just don't have the savings to finish up the final push. The Kickstarter will fund lots of things as well as the account system. Such as a leveling system, artwork, marketing/advertising, making sure we don't starve before we finish the game, operating costs, server costs, legal fees, etc. I could go on more if you are interested.
    That artwork cost you $10,000? You got gypped.

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

@BlankMediaGames

Don't worry about haters like Bruno. People that post ignorant reactionary kneejerk posts and image macros like that aren't worth your time.
    Are you the person paying them? I'm not a hater, I'm expressing valid concerns. My posts are in no way reactionary kneejerk (redundant much) topics, considering I helped fund the last Kickstarter. I want to be sure this time it won't be a waste of funds I need to set aside just for it to fail, since they got like 5k out of the 20 they hoped for.

27. ISO #27

Are you the person paying them? I'm not a hater, I'm expressing valid concerns. My posts are in no way reactionary kneejerk (redundant much) topics, considering I helped fund the last Kickstarter. I want to be sure this time it won't be a waste of funds I need to set aside just for it to fail, since they got like 5k out of the 20 they hoped for.
    We value your support and assistance in making things better and making sure we are spending our money responsibly. We are professional game devs, we have worked at video game studios. We know the costs of making games first hand. I assure you, 10k for the artwork that was done was actually quite cheap for our industry and the quality that is needed to be in a release environment.
    Last edited by BlankMediaGames; February 8th, 2014 at 08:48 PM.

28. ISO #28

29. ISO #29

Town of Salem?

That is one thing Apo can't imagine as well. Since He's seen quite some contracts for hiring someone responsible for ALL aspects of images, but something at this level of flash like gameplay just doesn't seem feasible. Either you were con'ed, don't price your job tasks well, or are lying.

Just how many developers do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Look what you have caused. Seems like everyone who posted is now confused about their own gender and are venting their frustration into opinions.

30. ISO #30

Quote Originally Posted by Apocist View Post
    Just how many developers do you have?
    Two programmers. To clear things up, the funds that have went into this game so far are for art, sound, UI, website and server costs. Additionally we had a first round of background artwork by a freelance artist that ended up being terrible and we had to just take a wash on that and find a new freelance artist for the current background artwork. Sometimes things don't always work out perfectly.

31. ISO #31

@Bruno, clearly you are underestimating what goes on when it comes to graphic design. There's different types of it, compile and compact (ie signatures, avatars, et cetera), then you have artwork from scratch which is required for games (to avoid copyright issues and so on). All the artwork in that game is clearly custom made (albeit cartoonish and very childish, and not my style at all... one of the reasons I play Smite rather than league of legends). digitally or with pen and tablet, things like that take time. Time is money. With the graphics I've seen, and the current average pay rate for a graphic designer, I could see it racking up to $10k easily.

Let's take one of the houses for example. Making that, unless you know exactly what its going to look like off the bat (which artists dont really know until they start and it flows together), doesn't simply take 5 hours to do, and its done. Considering the graphics, I would say the freelance was charging around $20-25/hr. Estimating 5-10 hours a hours is almost $200 a pop. Then you have each character, and the entire themed layouts which would definitely take a long while. At the current stage, $5k maybe for graphics...

...where did the other $5k go?

EDIT: Would like to point out $20/hr is a low figure for a gfx des. Guessed based on quality of the graphics.
    Last edited by TurdPile; February 11th, 2014 at 09:45 AM.

32. ISO #32

As someone who has done freelance graphic design, I can confirm that $20/hr is on the low end of rates. Maybe if the blank media crew could itemize the number of graphics purchased and hours billed it would give us confidence in their money managing skills. Would you guys be willing to provide this information?

I'm also interested to know how much money was "wasted" on the first background artist since in my experience someone will hire me for a small portion of a project to make sure our business arrangement is working before moving forward with a significant graphic design order.
    Last edited by clementine; February 11th, 2014 at 10:11 AM.
    The haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
    Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
    I shake it off, I shake it off

33. ISO #33

A Report on money spending table will be nice at this point.