Julia Gillard.
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Julia Gillard.

1. ISO #1

2. ISO #2

Re: Julia Gillard.

It's certainly embarrassing that developed economies like Germany and Australia have been able to have a serious candidate for executive leadership that is a woman AND WON while America is stuck in a largely photo-op beauty contest in a male-dominated political culture.

Case and point:
    Hilary Clinton has been the most effective secretary of state of the United States. The perception of women in power is that if you are doing well, you must be a bitch and unlikeable. The photo ops of serious Hilary are perceived in a negative fashion.

John Kerry is largely ineffective in this position, but is very well regarded in the media sphere due to his ability to play the part of a tall white man who smiles.

I don't want to make this so much a gender battle, but more of an acceptance that our society skews perception of powerful women. For example, if you see Nancy Pelosi presiding over session, my thought as a male is 'she looks like a bitch', not 'she effectively controls the most powerful legislative body in the world, she must be very professional.'

In conclusion, without getting too flamy, would not bang, but I approve of her professionally, and I approve of Australia for leaving behind old-world politics. I hope America can follow in the footsteps on countries like Germany and Australia.

3. ISO #3

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    Hilary Clinton has been the most effective secretary of state of the United States. The perception of women in power is that if you are doing well, you must be a bitch and unlikeable. The photo ops of serious Hilary are perceived in a negative fashion.
    "Women have always been the primary victims of war. Women lose their husbands, their fathers, their sons in combat. Women often have to flee from the only homes they have ever known. Women are often the refugees from conflict and sometimes, more frequently in today’s warfare, victims. Women are often left with the responsibility, alone, of raising the children."
    - Hillary Clinton

4. ISO #4

Everyone is loser of war.

Thinking people who survived are worse than those who died are just stupid.

Carry your responsibility and move on.

Women are not weak.

I really do not like Hillary Clinton, but we really doesn't have many strong women candidate with huge political experience.
    When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

5. ISO #5

It's certainly embarrassing that developed economies like Germany and Australia have been able to have a serious candidate for executive leadership that is a woman AND WON while America is stuck in a largely photo-op beauty contest in a male-dominated political culture.

Case and point:

John Kerry is largely ineffective in this position, but is very well regarded in the media sphere due to his ability to play the part of a tall white man who smiles.

I don't want to make this so much a gender battle, but more of an acceptance that our society skews perception of powerful women. For example, if you see Nancy Pelosi presiding over session, my thought as a male is 'she looks like a bitch', not 'she effectively controls the most powerful legislative body in the world, she must be very professional.'

In conclusion, without getting too flamy, would not bang, but I approve of her professionally, and I approve of Australia for leaving behind old-world politics. I hope America can follow in the footsteps on countries like Germany and Australia.
    for what reason is this even included in your perception of a professional political figure. Surely you do not think of male polotical figures this way, so why bring it in. You go on to say that you think america is stuck in a male dominated political culture, but so are you, for treating a political figure in such a manner.

i<3cryptonic

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    for what reason is this even included in your perception of a professional political figure. Surely you do not think of male polotical figures this way, so why bring it in. You go on to say that you think america is stuck in a male dominated political culture, but so are you, for treating a political figure in such a manner.
    I believe that is his point. To represent that it is so baked into the culture that that is what comes to mind naturally, but that when he thinks about it he realizes she is quite an impressive human being.

Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    "Women have always been the primary victims of war. Women lose their husbands, their fathers, their sons in combat. Women often have to flee from the only homes they have ever known. Women are often the refugees from conflict and sometimes, more frequently in today’s warfare, victims. Women are often left with the responsibility, alone, of raising the children."
    - Hillary Clinton
    For or against?

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by Slaol View Post
    I believe that is his point. To represent that it is so baked into the culture that that is what comes to mind naturally, but that when he thinks about it he realizes she is quite an impressive human being.

I'm not sure, what if he's really just like that though?!?

i<3cryptonic

8. ISO #8

You go on to say that you think america is stuck in a male dominated political culture, but so are you, for treating a political figure in such a manner.
    You're right. I'm trying to give you an honest opinion of how women are viewed in the political landscape. A primitive view is unfairly held, even if logic dictates it shouldn't be a part of decision making. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm trying to be honest in making my point of how women are culturally viewed in politics.

9. ISO #9

You're right. I'm trying to give you an honest opinion of how women are viewed in the political landscape. A primitive view is unfairly held, even if logic dictates it shouldn't be a part of decision making. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm trying to be honest in making my point of how women are culturally viewed in politics.
    well everyone can try and change that!

i<3cryptonic

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

What sane fucking person would be for a comment like that?
    i would say her comment is really only applicable to wars many years ago, where woman were left flat on their butts no money, no skills, no jobs, no homes, all the men in their family are dead and gone and they have 3 kids to feed and a mother to look after. Thats really tough. Now a days though, I find that to only really be applicable to poorer countries who are in civil wars, but all citizens are the victims there.

i<3cryptonic

12. ISO #12

i would say her comment is really only applicable to wars many years ago, where woman were left flat on their butts no money, no skills, no jobs, no homes, all the men in their family are dead and gone and they have 3 kids to feed and a mother to look after. Thats really tough. Now a days though, I find that to only really be applicable to poorer countries who are in civil wars, but all citizens are the victims there.
    So women are the victims in war? Not the men who died or got maimed and have to live the rest of their lives disabled?

13. ISO #13

So women are the victims in war? Not the men who died or got maimed and have to live the rest of their lives disabled?
    Yes they are too, but the people left behind to suffer are the victims. The ones who died were casualties and they finished suffering.

i<3cryptonic

14. ISO #14

Somewhat of a deviated topic from women in politics to women in war zones.

Modern warfare is not common due to complex political and economic ecosystems. Politically and economically disadvantaged groups engage in modern warfare with obvious purpose, but the casualties extend beyond deaths. Yes, women are hit the hardest in most modern wars.

The unexpected outcome of a world that is living largely in poverty is that warfare is generally isolated and in lower concentrations. This is, as I have previously mentioned, due to the existing complex political and economic network that exists as a contract between people.

Would it matter if we have a woman president? While I'm inclined to say no, the answer is yes, it would be something that affects policy. For example, our first black president is not going to lift the federal ban on marijuana, despite logic. He would be the laughing stock of the world. Similarly, how would our first female president be viewed if taking the decision to go to war with a country? Would she be dismissed as a just a 'crazy bitch'? I feel that image is limiting factor in political action in the United States, but it is not in other countries political systems.

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

So then every time someone dies, they aren't the victim? Their families are the real victims? What kind of logic is that?
    I never said they aren't the victim, they just aren't the only victim. You're grieving them. Their suffering has ended and they are now at peace, while the family and friends are left to suffer and hurt causing them to be the victims. The living victims have ongoing pain and harm which they suffer from the initial act. The physical victim no longer suffers from the initial incident that caused their death.

i<3cryptonic

17. ISO #17

So then every time someone dies, they aren't the victim? Their families are the real victims? What kind of logic is that?
    I sense anger, not confusion. To clear this up without continuing this word choice debate:

Victim: a person harmed, injured, or killed as a result of a crime, accident, or other event or action.
    Women and Children are victims of war.

Casualty: a person killed or injured in a war or accident.
    Men are casualties of war

18. ISO #18

I never said they aren't the victim, they just aren't the only victim. You're grieving them. Their suffering has ended and they are now at peace, while the family and friends are left to suffer and hurt causing them to be the victims. The living victims have ongoing pain and harm which they suffer from the initial act. The physical victim no longer suffers from the initial incident that caused their death.
    I sense anger, not confusion. To clear this up without continuing this word choice debate:

Victim: a person harmed, injured, or killed as a result of a crime, accident, or other event or action.

Because every single man who goes to a war dies. Nobody ever comes back with missing limbs or life-long psychological problems. Instead the real victims are the first-world feminists who haven't seen a single bit of real oppression and suffering in their lives and sat in their warm houses while their husbands were in hell.

19. ISO #19

Casualty makes the deaths sound worthless. People that die in war are the primary victims of the war. They are not some simple casualties.
    Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    i scumreaded him because his posts were gay
    Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    ah fuck.
    I HARDCLAIM MASON ASSASSIN.

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

Quote Originally Posted by NoctiZ View Post
    Casualty makes the deaths sound worthless. People that die in war are the primary victims of the war. They are not some simple casualties.
    no its just a way to describe a deceased person. At my work we call anyone who has died in a car accident a casualty, its just to signify that they are dead. A victim doesn't specify whether they are living or not. Theres no reason it should make you sound worthless. Thats like saything the word dead makes you seem worthless. Its just used to describe their current state!

i do agree though, everyone who is affected is victim.

i<3cryptonic

22. ISO #22

We should come back the the topic of Julia Gillard
    When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26