Tips of winning with MM?
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Tips of winning with MM?

i played MM several times, but i can't win with him..
    last game i camped at my house 4 nights, i was visited by sherif and detective on night 4, then they died.
    i thought it would be best, so no investigating role can reveal me.

then they lynched me because i was a bit silent, i tried to claim BG but got 2v1 votes.

the other games, they detect me (Sherrif) or invests
    then i try to claim veteran, and they are saying: MM Spotted.

its my last role i need, and i have no idea how to win with it.

tips?

2. ISO #2

Re: Tips of winning with MM?

Don't waste time targeting yourself unless you do a lot during the day to attract attention.
    If you are playing on the silent end, focus on targeting people who talk a lot.
    Personally, I autopilot. I don't really pay attention to the words being said and when night comes, I just target the person my brain says it remembers seeing appear most.
    Most people do this, especially on the first couple nights, when they are Protective or Investigative. So it works under that same line of logic that you would most likely kill those people.

It is never good to be completely silent. Try to do something to help you be remembered a little bit. If someone pushes for a lynch and you think they are town, try to help them with the lynch. Don't push too hard in case they flip mafia or executioner. But if you help town here and there for mafia, they will remember your name enough to have that bit of extra trust in the end over the actual other town member.

3. ISO #3

spree on red every night.
    Spoiler : fm history :
    FM 6: Commoner/Legionare(roman)/Legionare(Sin) FM8: Stan Investigator FM9:Yakov German(Sapper) FM10: Fm Rumpel Vigilante FM11: Renekton: Serial Killer FM12: Sandor: citizen = scum FM13: Wicket : Devourer FM14: Torynn: Andrew Ryan (GF)

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

If you don't do anything, thats kind of sad. MM can either have the highest, or lowest KPN in the game. If a Mayor reveals on D1 for example. He is an obvious target as you will massacre all the Docs and Lookouts. If an investigative role reveals himself and asks for a Doc, you choose him. BG makes it slightly tricky however.

If the Town suspects you, you might think to target yourself, this will only work if other people they suspected had an MM on them because if all of the sudden an MM kills everyone who targets you they will suspect it is you, yet if an MM killed everyone who targetted a few people before you, and then you, they will think the MM is on suspicious people. Turning yourself into a Veteran that can't kill night immune is a bad idea, which is done by spreeing yourself.

Just target suspicious people, and powerful roles who will have protective roles on them, and you can win. Yet for N1 choice, your best bet is either 1, 5-10, or 15. People normally tend to target these people most N1 because they are on more 'convenient' parts of the list, which means they are at the middle, top, or bottom, people don't tend to go inbetween N1, it is possible, but not overly common. Also, long, colorful, and flashy names are an obvious. If a person is both 1 and a color name, people will flock to him, which makes him an obvious choice.

Also sometimes people may work in a list without them knowing. If the GF died N1 and a Mafioso replaced him, the GF/SK isn't invul, or there never was a GF and it was a Mafioso already, he can be easy to track down. Many times have I been a BG/Doc/MM and saved people from killing roles, or killed another killing role. If a non-immune kill role other than another MM or Arson targets 12, he will either continue up the list, or go to the opposite end. When I say opposite end its like this, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15. The two red numbers are on opposite ends of the list. Peoples brains will make that decision, without the person actually knowing who he is picking. However, this only works if the target from the kill role is going to be random, if there are other decisions that kill role has to make, he will usually not follow this, like an investigative role is revealed and there are no protective roles left, hes going after the investigative role instead of the opposite end.

Most people leave a pattern when they kill randomly without themselves knowing. And even when they eliminate a person outside the pattern for a specific reason they will normally go back to the pattern. Consiglieres will make patterns non-existant in the way that he will reveal roles that the Mafia specifically want dead. This also goes with Vigilantes and SKs, and on rare occasion Jailors, so you can guess you are going to get jailed before you are, telling your Mafia if you have a Disguiser to disguise the next night.

People also tend to go for the brighter colors -other than red- like Yellow, Teal, Orange, Pink, Light Pink and Light Green because they appeal to them the most
    -unless as I said before they have a second thought in their heads-.

Mafia is a mind game, people will think they are randoming things, yet it call comes down to patterns. So this might help you as MM/Doc/BG and sometimes even Vet so you can guess when to Alert if you have limited charges.

This isn't guaranteed to work, everyone thinks differently, even the brainless pubbies, and remember, Consiglieres remove all patterns from Mafia kills, yet you might be able to find a pattern in the Consiglieres path if you are lucky, yet it is difficult since you can't know for sure who he targets other than who dies the night after. It takes about 2-3 kills for you to discover the pattern, on N1 and N2, focus on the bright, flashy, long names, unless someone reveals themselves
    D1 or D2.
    None can stand against the coming Darkness...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWYCS6k1IOA
    Sometimes, the light can come from the darkest places...

6. ISO #6

When I play MM, I target myself so that the investigators get killed favouring mafia - or get a mafioso / secondary mafia killed, using this as an opturnity to learn of the town.

Since none has a clue on me for the first three nights of self target, I have to WIFOM a role that's not dead.

Once I got a valid excuse, I proceed to target the one who's likely a stationary role.

If a 2v2 tie occurs and it's mafia, pick the secondary mafia as Mafia may command them to stay while Mafia attempts to kill the last town = 1v1.

7. ISO #7

Some guy was copying what I said in my previous post in a game... I'm famous now apparently.

EDIT: My SC2 name is DarkestLight, this was added because some kid is posing as me repeating my previous post in an attempt to make people think he is good, when infact it was all me.
    Last edited by TheDarkestLight; January 5th, 2013 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Retards who wish they were me.
    None can stand against the coming Darkness...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWYCS6k1IOA
    Sometimes, the light can come from the darkest places...

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by ariel135 View Post
    i played MM several times, but i can't win with him..
    last game i camped at my house 4 nights, i was visited by sherif and detective on night 4, then they died.
    i thought it would be best, so no investigating role can reveal me.

then they lynched me because i was a bit silent, i tried to claim BG but got 2v1 votes.
    the other games, they detect me (Sherrif) or invests
    then i try to claim veteran, and they are saying: MM Spotted.
    its my last role i need, and i have no idea how to win with it.
    tips?
    Don't target yourself unless you know people are targeting you.
    Also, claim something harder to fake. BG is pretty much a go-to claim for scum. and claiming Veteran when there are no Veteran kills is pretty bad if there are MM kills.

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

How do you become a Mass Murderer?

To become the Mass Murderer, you must first become the Jester.

One who has become the Jester has the power to become the Serial Killer.

One who has become the Serial Killer may then become the Arsonist.

One who has become the Arsonist can then become the Mayor.

One who becomes the Mayor should then become the Citizen.

One who becomes the Citizen will then become the Mass Murderer.

You must master the Citizen to master the Mayor to master the Arsonist to master the Serial Killer to master the Jester to master the Mass Murderer.

If you cannot master this train of thoughts, you shall never accomplish as a Mass Murderer.

(Basically, act like anyone who isn't a Mass Murderer.)

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkestLight View Post
    Thats kind of a cheap way to win after I made a paragraph on how to determine patterns in the game so as MM you can know who is being visited or not.
    Well, i've played over 180 games, and i managed to play as MM only 5 times.
    so i made sure that it's not cheating, just boosting.

if i could "prefer" the MM and get it more often, i'd try to win it alone with him.

17. ISO #17

but if you really want to win, play it as every other neutral killing role... basically hope that no one checks you. The only one safe of being killed from an investigative check is a serial killer, arson/mm are both screwed if anything checks them. Play as a jester, play as a detective, play as something. Basically state the obvious if you claim the detective route and pray that you win with this stupid role.

The obvious things are to spree on mayors/revealed investigatives/jailors but mostly the role is luckbased which is pathetic.
    Last edited by creedkingsx; January 6th, 2013 at 03:28 AM.

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25