MafiaUniverse's Mafia Championship, Season 8 - Nominations (vote here!) - Page 3
Register

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. ISO #101

Re: MafiaUniverse's Mafia Championship, Season 8 - Nominations (vote here!)

Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post
    haha, i totally understand where ur coming from. i mean, ffs makaze is an ARTIST xDDDD. obviously, the guy's head isn't screwed on straight. and he's like the head of MU. forget those ppl dude

it's not healthy to go overboard with the shit talk. i was kinda baiting by trying to build solidarity with you against MU. oh well. not like you'll let it actually get to you ^-^
    As much as the moderation team there bothers me I do not really hate MU. As a concept the championships and attempt to build a central location of knowledge is a really beautiful thing I strongly support. Its just sad the global community so vocally condemns the individuals using it as a platform to exercise power over the community instead of being in service to them. One thing that cracks me up is how many separate people from separate communities was like "I bet it was Amy." I have no fucking clue who this Amy is or what role they played in my ban but holy shit they have a fucked up reputation for executing personal vendettas.

Its also kinda cool how many individuals and communities have reached out to me after the situation. For every persons hate I have received so far there has been an entire community taking me in and sharing some stories about the moderation there.

I don't know if I will ever not want to try my hand at playing against the best someday or sharing my knowledge on a platform set up in such a way but I doubt after my treatment and everything people have shared with me I will ever be able to respect a significant portion of the staff there. I also doubt I will ever let this go and kinda laugh at myself that most of the issues I get this deeply pissed about are fucked up systemic treatment of people, but here I am this mad about some mods on a forum of a nitch video game few people even know exists. I should probably focus more on things that actually matter.
    Last edited by Helz; May 1st, 2021 at 03:41 PM.

2. ISO #102

3. ISO #103

The countdown has reached 0. The votes are:

SuperJack (9 [L-991]):
    Oberon, MartinGG99, Stealthbomber16, Auwt, Helz, Unknown1234, Frinckles, Varcron, theoneceko
    MartinGG99 (2 [L-998]):
    OzyWho, SuperJack
    Helz (1 [L-999]):
    blinkskater
    @SuperJack has been nominated to be our Champion! @MartinGG99 , as the runner-up, shall be our backup.

You should probably make an account if you don't already have one and confirm your participation for Sc2 Mafia in this thread: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...General-Thread.

Good luck ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

4. ISO #104

Good luck to you guys!! Will be rootin for ya <3

Everybody is equally weak on the inside, just that some present their ruins as new castles and become kings –
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    If your dear heart is wounded, my wild heart bleeds with yours.

5. ISO #105

6. ISO #106

7. ISO #107

8. ISO #108

9. ISO #109

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Interesting.
    PTSD

Friendly tip: don't say ANYTHING is interesting in your game(s) there. EVER.
    Last edited by Marshmallow Marshall; May 2nd, 2021 at 09:03 AM.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

10. ISO #110

11. ISO #111

12. ISO #112

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    PTSD

Friendly tip: don't say ANYTHING is interesting in your game(s) there. EVER.
    Wow the word interesting shows up there 19 times on that one page.
    Interesting
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

13. ISO #113

So this is a bit of a weird thing to say but I met someone who helped look into my situation on MU and I feel better understanding that some staff there genuinely think I am a racist.
    I was very angry the moment they accused me of being a racist because the majority of the people in my life are minorities and systemic racism is an issue I am passionate about but I do feel some portion of their decision process was done in good faith. I do feel that calling someone a racist is one of the worst things you can say about a human being short of a pedophile or a rapist and that they certainly very intentionally avoided giving me access to an email to appeal and other functions in line with our global community standards but I do feel I should communicate a decent portion of their actions were not in bad faith regardless of how angry I am about them.
    Last edited by Helz; May 15th, 2021 at 03:09 AM.

14. ISO #114

15. ISO #115

Quote Originally Posted by CRichardForumLies View Post
    If you say a game is interesting, you risk invoking the Chinese curse which states "May you live in interesting times" .

(not my screenshot, but it is fitting)
    Last edited by Marshmallow Marshall; May 16th, 2021 at 03:02 AM.

16. ISO #116

SJ's game schedule:
    https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...=1#post4910747
    I wouldn't hold my breath hoping for SJ to get past qualifiers when against this lineup. Multiple well known communities, some players even I know.

That's sad because game 2, for example, had like no community I ever heard of.

It's ok, that's what the Jury is there for! To get past qualifiers when you don't get top2 in your own game!

Magoroth has an easier game by comparison:
    https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...=1#post4910868
    Town of Salem got to finals either last season or the season before. But the other communities - I never heard of. The wrestling forum I think is a different one that was in @Frinckles game last season?
    Last edited by OzyWho; May 20th, 2021 at 03:44 AM.

17. ISO #117

Game 2 be like: almost no slot has backups, and the only backups available are the unused backups from Game 1.
    Game 3 be like: "On a scale from 1 to 7, how comfortable are you playing in games with cursing and aggressiveness? Average of 6"

Btw, this season seems much smaller by comparison? Last season was like 11 qualifier games. This season there's 9 and it started much later.
    Last edited by OzyWho; May 20th, 2021 at 04:42 AM.

18. ISO #118

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    SJ's game schedule:
    https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...=1#post4910747
    I wouldn't hold my breath hoping for SJ to get past qualifiers when against this lineup. Multiple well known communities, some players even I know.

That's sad because game 2, for example, had like no community I ever heard of.

It's ok, that's what the Jury is there for! To get past qualifiers when you don't get top2 in your own game!

Magoroth has an easier game by comparison:
    https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...=1#post4910868
    Town of Salem got to finals either last season or the season before. But the other communities - I never heard of. The wrestling forum I think is a different one that was in @Frinckles game last season?
    bruh u don't mean the shitty rip-off of this game???

*66th angry rant over ToS ensues, UWOWU HEWWO!!!

im not gonna check if it's the exact same forum, but i do remember someone from a wrestling forum that played with frinckles' last year. thingyman hosted a podcast on twitch for ppl from that game since there were so many great players, and i was slightly miffed when thingy was surprised that someone from a WRESTLING forum was playing. as if ppl from those communities are too stupid to play. ^-^

19. ISO #119

Game 2 be like: almost no slot has backups, and the only backups available are the unused backups from Game 1.
    Game 3 be like: "On a scale from 1 to 7, how comfortable are you playing in games with cursing and aggressiveness? Average of 6"

Btw, this season seems much smaller by comparison? Last season was like 11 qualifier games. This season there's 9 and it started much later.
    people's values are shifting

20. ISO #120

21. ISO #121

22. ISO #122

23. ISO #123

24. ISO #124

+go fuck yourself
    back to my block list. wow....
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Random much? Lol
    I n t e r e s t i n g.

25. ISO #125

26. ISO #126

27. ISO #127

28. ISO #128

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    Forgot to mention I got subbed into this champs game like a week(?) ago as they needed subs.

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...a-Championship

It'll be ending within 2-3 IRL days cuz insane 12/12 hour phases
    it just ended and I was wolf

the game was won with a wolf win....sorta

Someone misclicked the vote BB-code auto-fill and managed to vote themselves. Which is a terrible thing but it's hilarious when it happens.

could be somewhat argued if wolves would've won or lost without self-vote but the other villager was having a really hard time

Much of my game-plan during that game is something @Marshmallow Marshall would know about; I was anti-spewing the teammate. Except this went on as a slow progression over more day phases beginning with my first post of D4.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

29. ISO #129

30. ISO #130

it just ended and I was wolf

the game was won with a wolf win....sorta

Someone misclicked the vote BB-code auto-fill and managed to vote themselves. Which is a terrible thing but it's hilarious when it happens.

could be somewhat argued if wolves would've won or lost without self-vote but the other villager was having a really hard time

Much of my game-plan during that game is something @Marshmallow Marshall would know about; I was anti-spewing the teammate. Except this went on as a slow progression over more day phases beginning with my first post of D4.
    Lol that is an interesting way to win a champs game! Congrats!

And yes, anti-spew is fun and efficient. Can't do it all the time, though, since people would know you're intentionally anti-spewing

31. ISO #131

All I know is that the spec chat scumread Martin almost in unison.
    Yeah yeah

But I was manipulating the players not spec chat

If the game players don't scum-read I don't need to step up my game

So I lasted up to D6; about 4 day phases of being in the game. At that point I had to scum-claim bc of spew risks.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

32. ISO #132

33. ISO #133

What's an example of anti-spew?
    basically either saying or doing something that, given you're mafia (and as a result had full knowledge of alignments in the game), doesn't suggest a person is or isn't a certain alignment

OR doing something that may look like spew and suggests a person is a certain alignment (ex: town) but instead in reality that person was another alignment (Mafia)

An example of the first is when I scum-claimed in the champs and stopped doing/saying anything. That can still be read for spew, but its much harder to figure out most of the time.

An example of the second is most commonly when you're mafia and trying to bus a partner/teammate but never successfully do it. If you can make it look genuine enough or look like you're trying to kill someone who's town (i.e. maybe using bad arguments and twisting them) then someone else may look at that and think you were trying to kill a town (and so it spews them town) instead of distancing between yourself and another mafia.

The details get muddier if it's more than just Town and Mafia in a game though and in such a case most of the time its mafia or not-mafia spew.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

34. ISO #134

SJ's game has ended. His team, the Town, lost sadly.
    Heavy game volume wise , tbh.

There was that funny day, fmpov, where SJ started a train on someone and that someone became the top wagon. Then someone else voted SJ and that someone else got lynched.
    Because, you see, everyone and their mother trusted SJ.

Someone made a meme about SJ:

With Martin's and SJ's game over - only Oberon is remaining. Oberon is against Wisdom and whoever the ToS guy is. So.. you know.. not easy.

35. ISO #135

SJ's game has ended. His team, the Town, lost sadly.
    Heavy game volume wise , tbh.

There was that funny day, fmpov, where SJ started a train on someone and that someone became the top wagon. Then someone else voted SJ and that someone else got lynched.
    Because, you see, everyone and their mother trusted SJ.

Someone made a meme about SJ:

With Martin's and SJ's game over - only Oberon is remaining. Oberon is against Wisdom and whoever the ToS guy is. So.. you know.. not easy.
    hehe, that's funny :3

36. ISO #136

37. ISO #137

38. ISO #138

39. ISO #139

40. ISO #140

I can't believe that SJ didn't advance tbh.
    https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...=1#post5146350

But at least he's a sub for the semis ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...=1#post5146388

Judging by the numbers, with 3 jury advancces and 4 subs for semis - game 5 must have been stacked tbh. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Martin is a secondary sub for semis:
    https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...=1#post5146430
    Which I think is quite good for a Day2 sub in a 12/12 game tbh.
    Last edited by OzyWho; July 31st, 2021 at 02:40 PM.

41. ISO #141

basically either saying or doing something that, given you're mafia (and as a result had full knowledge of alignments in the game), doesn't suggest a person is or isn't a certain alignment

OR doing something that may look like spew and suggests a person is a certain alignment (ex: town) but instead in reality that person was another alignment (Mafia)

An example of the first is when I scum-claimed in the champs and stopped doing/saying anything. That can still be read for spew, but its much harder to figure out most of the time.

An example of the second is most commonly when you're mafia and trying to bus a partner/teammate but never successfully do it. If you can make it look genuine enough or look like you're trying to kill someone who's town (i.e. maybe using bad arguments and twisting them) then someone else may look at that and think you were trying to kill a town (and so it spews them town) instead of distancing between yourself and another mafia.

The details get muddier if it's more than just Town and Mafia in a game though and in such a case most of the time its mafia or not-mafia spew.
    What The Heck Is Spew? First Thing That Comes To Mind Is Vomit.. Clarification Please..
    Last edited by Light_Yagami; August 14th, 2021 at 06:31 PM.

42. ISO #142

Quote Originally Posted by Light_Yagami View Post
    What The Heck Is Spew? First Thing That Comes To Mind Is Vomit.. Clarification Please..
    Scum can spew people as town (i.e. indicate that they're town) when they flip because of their interactions with said people. It can be translated as "not SvS interactions".

43. ISO #143

Scum can spew people as town (i.e. indicate that they're town) when they flip because of their interactions with said people. It can be translated as "not SvS interactions".
    Imho, from what I've seen, either spews are unreliable or people are judging them badly. Also, I find it boring when people overly focus on spews post-flip. It's like, pre-flip the people are dependant on metareads; post-flip on spews; and everything else non-mechanical is NAI in general and AI only on individual meta's. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

44. ISO #144

So Basically Analyzing A Thunder Dome Type Scenario. Got It..

45. ISO #145

Imho, from what I've seen, either spews are unreliable or people are judging them badly. Also, I find it boring when people overly focus on spews post-flip. It's like, pre-flip the people are dependant on metareads; post-flip on spews; and everything else non-mechanical is NAI in general and AI only on individual meta's. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Light_Yagami View Post
    So Basically Analyzing A Thunder Dome Type Scenario. Got It..
    ... no to both of you!

Spew analysis, aka analysis of scum flips' consequences (far from restricted to thunderdomes), is extremely useful and is probably the most accurate way to read people. The main issue with it is that skilled scums won't just spew half the town for you, and will attempt to deceive you with "anti-spew", i.e. interactions that look like they're SvS but aren't, and vice versa. Overall, though, it's very reliable, unlike most tells outside of purely mechanical ones.

46. ISO #146

... no to both of you!

Spew analysis, aka analysis of scum flips' consequences (far from restricted to thunderdomes), is extremely useful and is probably the most accurate way to read people. The main issue with it is that skilled scums won't just spew half the town for you, and will attempt to deceive you with "anti-spew", i.e. interactions that look like they're SvS but aren't, and vice versa. Overall, though, it's very reliable, unlike most tells outside of purely mechanical ones.
    Interesting.. Sounds Like A Pain In The Ass..

47. ISO #147