S-FM 355: Nonstandard Roles 3 - Page 5
Register

User Tag List

Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #201

2. ISO #202

Re: S-FM 355: Nonstandard Roles 3

Quote Originally Posted by scumbot5679 View Post
    actually, before I post more what is your read on MM, huo?
    I'm waiting for a response from MM because he said nothing about lily when lily came back kid

Also enlighten me why is my voting "the path of less resistance"?

The guys voting poor Huohuo is saying i'm voting the path of less resistance?!?!?

Laughanle completely laughable

-Mr Tail

3. ISO #203

4. ISO #204

5. ISO #205

Quote Originally Posted by scumbot5679 View Post
    actually, I'm going to post it regardless, the MM read is probably immaterial though it might strengthen my case.

I think ultimately I dislike their voting. You could make the argument that that doesn't make them scum and maybe so I'll try to go a little deeper here.

As I said earlier, I didn't like Huo Huo's vote on Lilly and didn't really like the no sell of 178.

kinda sus on the quick turnaround on Lily. The vote on Porscha seems...safe since their voting likely won't endear them much. But Lilly is posting and so is Cape.

this feels like scum going down the path of least resistance.
    I was going to ask where the vote came from, but I’m yeah this looks like some pure thoughts.

6. ISO #206

7. ISO #207

Quote Originally Posted by Huo Huo and Mr Tail View Post
    We must be reading different games kid because all i read was random words

-Mr Tail
    Then you’re blind.
    I read a situation “what would you do” question.
    You seemed to ignore it or at least say no to the question or something like that and then say it was answered.

8. ISO #208

Go ahead, you will look like a fool, more than you already do

-Mr Tail

Tail be nice with the doggy, he is just trying to play the game or mafia! Regardless of which he is trying his best :3

-Huohuo
    He’s trying to play the game of mafia and he might have found a mafia member within you.

9. ISO #209

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
    Then you’re blind.
    I read a situation “what would you do” question.
    You seemed to ignore it or at least say no to the question or something like that and then say it was answered.
    Question was "have you guys ever thought about what it's like to run across flaming hot coals with your bare feet"

My answer was, " it's sounds scary so no"

Why would i think about doing scary stuff Mr Magician?

-Huohuo

10. ISO #210

11. ISO #211

I'm waiting for a response from MM because he said nothing about lily when lily came back kid

Also enlighten me why is my voting "the path of less resistance"?

The guys voting poor Huohuo is saying i'm voting the path of less resistance?!?!?

Laughanle completely laughable

-Mr Tail
    I think Lillys early game when she wasn't posting and porsha posting made them pretty easy and safe vote, As soon as lily starting posting you hightailed it out of there and despite calling Cape (and maybe MM scum) you voted porcha.

Also not loving the reaction to my vote on you.

12. ISO #212

13. ISO #213

14. ISO #214

15. ISO #215

16. ISO #216

17. ISO #217

18. ISO #218

You putting pointless pressure for the sake of it.
    Is that such a bad thing though? It is a way to break RVS after all and this games activity could use some spicy conflicts.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

19. ISO #219

20. ISO #220

Quote Originally Posted by Auwt View Post
    The last time MM and I were on a same team was almost 2 years and a half ago.
    Let's see if this game is going to prove me wrong... or not.
    I know what color is my role so...
    Safe bet for day 1, at least for now.
    Also my apologies for my inactivity.

-vote Marshmallow Marshall
    Respectfully, I hate this take with a burning passion.

As much as historically you two have been on different teams it seems like a very low hanging scum reason to throw out there almost like a hail merry? Thought you're probably trying to bait for reactions like mine so I guess it worked lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    I feel like I'm watching a horror movie and the protag. group is exploring an old house or something and everything is super quiet, but you know something bad is about to happen. Mafia man is about to come out from behind the basement furnace and gun down varcron right in front of me. And there will be nothing I can do.

21. ISO #221

Perhaps then it could be the guy who called Helz/Cape a team.
    Trying to pair them together in case Helz is still alive and Cape flips wolf.

MM/Cape/That one guy who put Helz/Cape together.

That makes sense yes?
    you mean oliverz144

I also got pinged by their cape/helz post earlier.

22. ISO #222

honestly there's not many posts really that deserve a proper response here tbh. Also could definitely see a fabricator making life incredibly annoying for us if one exists just off of principle.
    I feel like I'm watching a horror movie and the protag. group is exploring an old house or something and everything is super quiet, but you know something bad is about to happen. Mafia man is about to come out from behind the basement furnace and gun down varcron right in front of me. And there will be nothing I can do.

23. ISO #223

24. ISO #224

Quote Originally Posted by bakermir View Post
    isn't that a problem for D2?
    It is but it just came to my mind

speaking of how have you been??? long time no see

25. ISO #225

26. ISO #226

27. ISO #227

28. ISO #228

29. ISO #229

30. ISO #230

it's just that for example Mizery also came into the thread with off topic but! he is not framing it as game related while Bwc is framing it as very important and I don't really get why

-Huohuo
    Because I'm a lolcat on the inside :/

31. ISO #231

32. ISO #232

33. ISO #233

While lily's response to me may have been uninspiring, most people's were uninspiring. So to use the idea that her response was both unfunny (how dare she) and uninspiring to vote is like. Lol.

Just say you didnt like that she hasnt posted anything but those posts. Because that's where the real scum lean should come from, I think.

So. Didnt love lily's presence or MM read on lily

34. ISO #234

From Luka's interaction with Martin about how I should use my role I am very confident they are not teamed. Very low chance of that interaction did not feel like a puppet show. I felt like a few points are worth talking about though.

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    I assume its a public role reveal? In which case I would gladly.
    For context I do felt they truly believed I could reveal their role and they encouraged it. Its also of note that the take they had on valuing having 2 confirmed townies with the night WIFOM over the risk of a double kill feels to me unlikely to come from an evil player. I would expect an evil player to be more conscious about both encouraging a situation where they can double kill as well as pushing night actions in such a way. Then there was a lack of understanding of how exactly the confirmation worked. I would expect an evil player to both have a drive to look into exactly what I can do after my public reveal (which would leave less room for such a misunderstanding) or if teamed for it to be mentioned in a team chat and talked about. Then there was a comment about me using it to sort a wagon. While I disagree with the thought that it would be good to tie my life to someone who is about to die I would again expect a wolf to not speak so freely. I 'think' the hosts did intend for this role to be used as semi investigative and I very much did understand its potential but I find myself questioning if a wolf would voice such a view to push for a potential double kill. This puts them between being a non-evil neutral or a town player for me.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

35. ISO #235

Quote Originally Posted by bwcPorscha View Post
    Wow, that is insane amount of rizz!

Your have gained or lost points based on your answer. Thank you for participating!
    Thanks, but I don't think that question in itself is you scum hunting outside of maybe gut reads. Some people are going to take what you are up to as AI but I will just say I am less confident. If you are up to what I think you are its clever.

Do you normally start off games with such a question?

36. ISO #236

Small town lean on Martin for his side of the interaction with Luka. Im not expanding on my reasoning for that right now.

37. ISO #237

While lily's response to me may have been uninspiring, most people's were uninspiring. So to use the idea that her response was both unfunny (how dare she) and uninspiring to vote is like. Lol.

Just say you didnt like that she hasnt posted anything but those posts. Because that's where the real scum lean should come from, I think.

porscha try not to SR me challenge (IMPOSSIBLE)

38. ISO #238

So just a bit on Neutrals for this game.

There is potential that there is as many of them as there are Mafia. Given there are 9 Mafia roles and only 7 Neutral roles with 3 having potential to align with town I would consider it more probable that a neutral role exists than a Mafia role. This also translates to a need for us to not over depend on hunting through alignment tells.

I would also like to convey to any Ghost, Monk, or Wild Card that I could Marry you essentially joining you to the town and that I am not opposed to having such a conversation moving forward if you see value in throwing your lot in with us. The risk always comes with a neutral trusting the town and a town trusting a neutral but a bit of mutually assured destruction solves such trust issues.

39. ISO #239

Quote Originally Posted by Lilypetal View Post
    porscha try not to SR me challenge (IMPOSSIBLE)
    For context do you two have a history that you feel will change the way they will read you?

40. ISO #240

How do I vote on here

I'm going to vote cape for this post lol

Let's break this down

Wolfy self awareness on the "make up some thoughts"

Mentions a claim that imo doesn't matter at all. I read it and went yeah ok w/e. Idk why that's even necessary here

Says miz is town despite miz just throwing out a bunch of nonsensical posts. Not to mention that the LAMIST "omg no one is here when i am" is more often a wolf thing to post

Other read is probs not that AI, but it is kind of a nothing read because it's just a "strange" read

So yeah Cape looks pretty bad here.
    1. I was being facetious on the whole "I am gonna make up some thoughts" thing. I thought about witholding the thoughts til later because they just were whatever, who cares.

2. I mentioned the claim because it was a thought I had since I took note of this Helz post
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Was not expecting this to kick off so fast.

I have not been told a role yet but I am here and such. Expect limited participation from me on turkey day and the 24th. Will post again when I know what I am and such. Love the signup list and I am looking forward to playing with everyone : )
    Which felt like there was something fishy going on with Helz because obviously if this were in fact true, they would probs just privately contact host i would think.

Helz' role is now publicly confirmed to be a thing though meaning he's just town because there is no mafia equivalent acc to first post.

I knew it "didn't matter" but I really wouldn't have a lot of thoughts about the game if I didn't include it

3. I townread Miz off of them seeing what I saw in MM and also

Quote Originally Posted by Mizery View Post
    Kinda sad no one else is here rn
    This post specifically being sad nobody is around, which is rand>v from my experience.

Mizery's posts around p#50 feel real bad. Like someone who just has no idea what to post so they keep going with random shit

Might not be AI for them but definitely pinged me
    Mizery is an alt of an account you would know, I know from turbos that fluffposting is pretty NAI for Mizery and I will leave it there for you to interpret.

4. Dark Magician keeps on insisting that Porscha's inquiry totally means something and that she can read players off of that when I thought...
    your response to this question will be deemed alignment indicative, choose wisely
    When Porscha said this it was partially a joke

But I suppose not?

Also technically refusing to answer a prompt is technically a response to the prompt. I just wonder what inspiring answer Porscha was looking for? Like what was the expectation?

41. ISO #241

42. ISO #242

43. ISO #243

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    It's true, it works, I'm now self-conscious

People are townreading me without stating their reasons, but they can't all be scum... I can't be paranoid, it's not fair :[
    I guess I'll take it lol
    -I found ur response to Porscha's follow up to her question towny, specifically when u put

"yes, you" is not a valid answer
    in small text

-I felt like ur lilypetal push was towny despite me not being on board with the reasoning since I know lily is a good player, but the push made sense, at least for an early call to action-y type of thing.

-I found ur performativeness charming, though this is a lesser reason.

Sidenote: I do recall in your scumgame recently, the one where u had like 1 post or something, that that post just kinda spewed the person who blew me up as town. I am gonna probably take Luka as spewed from

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Well well, I had expected to come back to more than this lol. I have little time at the moment, but will pop in throughout the day as my life allows.

How did I have a good thread entrance, exactly? This is the kind of statement that requires explanations. You must make your pocket warm and cosy before I jump in it.

Also, please get an avatar so that we can recognize you more easily: we want to know who we will detona-- I mean uhh... you get it!
    this if ur mafia ;)

44. ISO #244

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    - states/alludes to role reasons as main reason for declining
    - made clear that declining would happen before even being offered the proposal
    - Gets implicitly pressured for declining and gets asked about role

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....
    Like they could just check the first post, all role info on this game is posted there

45. ISO #245

46. ISO #246

Damn, give me that spicy Cape Town read!
    Martin has been townreading me since page 2

Agree with MM read.
    Try getting better read on me next time.
    I’m obvious just a dude from spec chat.
    Nah but actually the more I post the more obvious it should be that I am town here.
    You even responded to the post right here and didn't even seem to peep an eye at it

47. ISO #247

I'm not sure that denying Helz proposal was the good choice, Martin.
    I understand that you would not want to potentially make 2 townies down at a time, yet I believe that having Helz back you up automatically make two auto confirmed town.
    This would definitely reduce the current wide scope of possibility we have due to the amount of players being in-game.

For the record, I don't know if Helz can propose once again, but I would personally accept if they decide to do so.
    Also, considering the quantity of Town role that could save players (Night Watchman, Though Guy, Soul Mate,...) and the number of TPR within the game, it's highly likely to have at least one of them able to save confirmed townies.

I'm not saying you are scum Martin, but auto-denying is what a scum would do, because Helz has the opportunity to instantly find a scum if you are one.
    If I'm not chosen, I would like to ask Helz to demand Martin once again.
    Should Martin refuse once again though, I would switch my vote to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    MM Magoroth and Distorted are the 3 baddies
    just like Agrael Acriel and Auwt being the original 3 baddies
    MafiaZ and Skwirl its all a repeat of history
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRevenant View Post
    But Potoss has Pobes, Zeelot, and Acrons!
    Screw you I actually have more grudges towards the people who have their names start with A

48. ISO #248

Quote Originally Posted by Auwt View Post
    I'm not sure that denying Helz proposal was the good choice, Martin.
    I understand that you would not want to potentially make 2 townies down at a time, yet I believe that having Helz back you up automatically make two auto confirmed town.
    This would definitely reduce the current wide scope of possibility we have due to the amount of players being in-game.

For the record, I don't know if Helz can propose once again, but I would personally accept if they decide to do so.
    Also, considering the quantity of Town role that could save players (Night Watchman, Though Guy, Soul Mate,...) and the number of TPR within the game, it's highly likely to have at least one of them able to save confirmed townies.

I'm not saying you are scum Martin, but auto-denying is what a scum would do, because Helz has the opportunity to instantly find a scum if you are one.
    If I'm not chosen, I would like to ask Helz to demand Martin once again.
    Should Martin refuse once again though, I would switch my vote to him.
    Note that this can only be beneficial :

- Martin is scum : Confirmed Helz can tell us instantly.
    - Martin is not scum : Confirmed Helz can confirm Martin instantly.

At worst (for you) you are voted off if you are scum, at best (for everyone) you are automatically confirmed if you are town or friendly neutral.
    MM Magoroth and Distorted are the 3 baddies
    just like Agrael Acriel and Auwt being the original 3 baddies
    MafiaZ and Skwirl its all a repeat of history
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRevenant View Post
    But Potoss has Pobes, Zeelot, and Acrons!
    Screw you I actually have more grudges towards the people who have their names start with A

49. ISO #249

Helz - Top town for obvious mech reasons, no evil equivalent to Bride.

MartinGG99 - For a person who said they were gonna lay back until day 2, that actually ended up not exactly happening and I think his contributions have been solvy/pro-town so far. Liked the read on Luka, biased, but like his defense of me.
    Marshmallow Marshall - Explained this earlier and don't have anything to add here.
    Mizery - Explained at least Mizery's early game, their point about not catching that MM said lily was frozen early game and then lily unfreezing herself isn't something MM should TR lily off of is a point I kinda just don't agree with on like a level 0 type of way. (the post is #180, linking it for clarity). Other then that, nothing that makes me strengthen or weaken my light TR here.
    Luka - I like his solving energy, even though it is a tad on a baseline level.
    Varcron - I feel like saying that there aren't many posts worth responding to is rand>v for as """late""" in the game as post #222 is. Hating the Auwt vote on MM feels towny to me for some reason.

scumbot5679 - I see where their sus on Huohuo is coming from in that Porscha is easy to point fingers at around this moment. I think I need a bit more before I really decide if this is town or not though but I am almost leaning that way. IDK just isn't enough there for me yet.
    Dark Magician - The more Dark Magician doubles down on the whole Porscha inquiry thing, the more I felt better about it, oddly enough. I find Dark Magician to be particularly "jumpy" (like kinda posting like "AH HA" things without thinking too hard about it) which idk how to feel, my gut scumreads it but also knows that it could be a personality thing.
    Huo Huo and Mr Tail - Have picked up this isn't a hydra, but like a partial roleplay type of thing. I am kinda drawing a blank when I read their content. Their post supporting the lily push felt not great to me, same with their subsequent changing of their mind on lily. Been prodding people which is good to see I suppose.
    Auwt - Early push on MM was... whatever. I will say the problem with Martin deciding to take the bride's offer is that he would only be confirmed for a day (assuming he is indeed town) before mafia likely NKs one of Martin/Bride, and for town PRs, I see 3 possible town healing power roles I believe, but there could only be one and if so, how would they know who to protect? (unless night watchmen, but to protect both bride and whoever bride loves, that will be 2 out of the 3 uses for that role, which isn't super great IMO and it also is a gamble whether the role is here or not here, and soul mate would create a whole nasty chain of events if solo). (Sidenote: I am aware this has nothing to do with a read on Auwt but it's more a response to their recent content).
    oliverz144 - The pairing of me and helz off an arbitrary thing is classic oliverz i think so idk how to read into that in terms of alignment for him. Other then that I have nothing to add.
    Porscha - Don't have a lot to say, pretty fluffy, also scumleans lily though

Lilypetal - I don't see why anyone should TR this though. Like I feel like their micro posts feel off, like idk how to describe it, like when lilypetal questioned why a Mizery post was phrased towny, also nobody said anything about that. I know Mizery last game on here suspected me when I was town pretty hard so I died really really early so I can see their paranoia. #181 feels off in like a shruggy type of way. Only thing is their Luka read seemed kinda towny I guess.
    bakermir - Their posts feel pretty devoid of substance/underwhelming despite being game related.

-vote bakermir

Obligatory boring vote for now

50. ISO #250