What was Sc2Mafia like when there was no private messaging?
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: What was Sc2Mafia like when there was no private messaging?

Well, I thought this post was funny because I'm an advocate for disabling PM's in my games.

In the mod, I've noticed overall is that:

It does really have a large effect overall because when private mass-claiming is unavailable, it becomes slower to solve the game for Government Roles. Mayor and Marshall usually need to publicly ask for role claims, which can be tedious from their perspectives. Marshall in particular can have a difficult time because of the immense amount of urgency involved with multiple lynchings. It certainly raises the skill cap of those specific roles and the play-style is much different. And while this can seem like a nerf, I'd consider it a redistribution of power; Suddenly Bodyguard, Sheriffs and Mafia are gaining more information to help them try to win the game with their abilities.

Take this example:
    If a revealed Mayor (un-healable) asked 8 to claim his role and they said Sheriff, suddenly the Town's protection roles have information to help them protect a high-value target.

Instances like this CAN be coordinated via PM's from a skilled Mayor, but they're rare and seeing a Mayor directly respond back to another player usually indicates that they're a good power role and a great Mafia target.

Overall, it gives a bit of power back to the Mafia. Some have argued that public fake-claims are weaker than those via private messages but I disagree. The town is much more apprehensive to lynch well through out fake-claims under those circumstances as it becomes a more team-oriented game.

If you do try out some games with PM's off, I recommend adding an extra 20-30 seconds of time during the day. It helps Government roles immensely.

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

It was better, required thought.
    If PM was on and you used it, you were policy lynched.
    Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

I miss Spy reading PMs. Wouldn't mind if Triad/Mafia got a role that could do that.

I remember this from years ago, but I was Spy. I was given a Spy check for claiming. I repeat the Spy check back in public. It is acknowledged that I got it right.

Still got lynched with majority town.
    Last edited by Stereo; December 18th, 2019 at 06:21 PM. Reason: a word

8. ISO #8

Never experienced a PM-less game but I'm intrigued. I would be up to play a few when my hiatus ends. Maybe I will make a PM-less save as an experiment.

I think instead of completely removing PMs from the game, we keep it an option BUT put in roles for non-townies to be able to better utilize and counter PMs, so I'm gonna shill my two Mafia role ideas out for a sec.

1. the Infiltrator (https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...-Mafia-Support ) who reads all PMs (but everyone is anonymous to Infiltrator) for the mafia and can cuck spy.
    There you go, Stereo.

2. the Messenger (https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...Triad-Support) ) whose PMs are not seen by the public (no "X is whispering to Y" message) so he can coordinate with mafia during the day. He can also talk with any non-townie at night privately in order to coordinate with neutrals or rival mafia/triad to take down the town.
    Last edited by Grakylan; December 18th, 2019 at 09:59 PM.
    https://imgur.com/a/NqMwElZ fuck it heres all the sc2mafia pics i would have put in the sig

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    It was better, required thought.
    If PM was on and you used it, you were policy lynched.
    Good times.
    classic
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄