S-FM 355: Nonstandard Roles 3 - Page 14
Register

User Tag List

Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #651

Re: S-FM 355: Nonstandard Roles 3

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    I don't feel like this is a genuine thought, vote-switching at EoD can easily be read or argued as AI almost entirely irrespective of the circumstances. Too-wolf-to-be-a-wolf doesn't really work if its easily wifomable.

Also really just looks at things at sort of a...strange face-value way.

There's no questioning of me about it.

There's no mention of me saying idk about either wagons.

Its just entirely focused on the fact that I switched and that we know one of the flips.

So I can't really buy that if you're town that you're reading me as "prob v" off this.
    Thats a perfectly reasonable read. It isn't TWTBAW, wolf wouldn't want to switch. Really confused at this.

2. ISO #652

Quote Originally Posted by Mizery View Post
    tell me what other assumptions you'd like to work from?

Do you think Oli is a wolf? Do you think huo huo is a wolf?

Oli's most recent post is more wolfy than not, but do you have a big issue with my PoE at SoD?

Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    ay yo we need to pressure him
    this whole day and whole game feels dead and slow
    This also feels like wolf theatre.

3. ISO #653

Sorry Martin that from what i've played with you I have a different opinion of you than you do of yourself

you don't need to understand my methods of making reads, I'm used to people thinking my methods are pretty stupid and fake.

It's not disrespectful to play the game though and the ego you must have to feel personal disrespect that I'm trying to read you is pretty lol. I don't even know how to read that alignment wise. Probably just makes you more town.
    Townie post from Mizery. Genuinly amused at what Martin is saying.

4. ISO #654

Here is another reason it’s Mizery and Oliver.

Mizery still has refused to vote the Red Checked Cape and I don’t know if they mentioned Cape yet, they clearly had Cape at the lowest priority to execute in their PoE prior to the red check.

Oliver voted me because I didn’t vote Cape and also suspects Auwt for not catching up or whatever.
    But doesn’t even look at the fact Mizery is still against voting out Cape.

5. ISO #655

6. ISO #656

7. ISO #657

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
    I think that’s actually quite a Null Post, why is it above Null for you?
    Martin is clearly pissed that mizery is calling them town and double downing on it is more townie
    feels genuinly amused that they think they're unreadable in the third sentence
    second sentence having some self awareness on how they play the game is normally townie, or at least echoing it to thread

8. ISO #658

9. ISO #659

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Martin is clearly pissed that mizery is calling them town and double downing on it is more townie
    feels genuinly amused that they think they're unreadable in the third sentence
    second sentence having some self awareness on how they play the game is normally townie, or at least echoing it to thread
    This is so easily fakeable as a wolf considering wolf has TMI that Martin is town.
    They know Martin is Town.
    They can say stuff like this and mean it because they know Martin is town.

10. ISO #660

11. ISO #661

12. ISO #662

13. ISO #663

14. ISO #664

15. ISO #665

16. ISO #666

Quote Originally Posted by Cape90 View Post
    Apparently there is a claimed red on me?

Hilarious

But I am town and you will see that with my flip

This is TMI.
    That isn’t the response to my post, you learned about the red check from an outside source.

So either you are breaking the rules of OC and I should tell the host or mafia in mafia chat told you.

17. ISO #667

18. ISO #668

19. ISO #669

20. ISO #670

21. ISO #671

This is so easily fakeable as a wolf considering wolf has TMI that Martin is town.
    They know Martin is Town.
    They can say stuff like this and mean it because they know Martin is town.
    Yeah, but what I'm asying is they A: Fouund it amusing, sign that they didnt do that
    B: double downing on there read, making martin an

22. ISO #672

23. ISO #673

Yeah, but what I'm asying is they A: Fouund it amusing, sign that they didnt do that
    B: double downing on there read, making martin an
    It’s still Null, easily doable for Mizery!Wolf Game.

If you want something that makes someone town you gotta look at either PoV or Emotion

The edit was just correcting misspelling on Emotion. Please do not edit. Dark Magician was warned for this. -powerofdeath
    Last edited by powerofdeath; November 25th, 2023 at 11:30 AM.

24. ISO #674

25. ISO #675

26. ISO #676

27. ISO #677

28. ISO #678

29. ISO #679

30. ISO #680

31. ISO #681

32. ISO #682

33. ISO #683

34. ISO #684

35. ISO #685

36. ISO #686

37. ISO #687

Thats a perfectly reasonable read. It isn't TWTBAW, wolf wouldn't want to switch. Really confused at this.
    I mean if you call something a bad look then say a wolf wouldn't do that

that's litterally the essence of TWTBAW

because otherwise it wouldn't be a bad look in the first place
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

38. ISO #688

39. ISO #689

explain/expand pl0x @Marshmallow Marshall

fmpov I've been seeing the same-ish things that DM has, at least the stuff that DM has mentioned
    It's more of a tone / general lack of scumminess thing. Mizery feels... idk, genuinely trying to solve? ISOing them for further analysis.
    yes i actually should've done that earlier but i guess i was just too tired to think of it lol

Okay um, reading Mizery's posts in ISO format does make them look pretty bad in the end. Lots of questions with no follow-up whatsoever, lack of any followable progression, very importantly lack of votes to pressure or to follow the mouth (example: addressing Lily's posts without actually concluding anything about her alignment; actually I could see that interaction being scum theatre)... Also just realized their vote on Baker is RIDICULOUSLY UNEXPLAINED

Quote Originally Posted by bakermir View Post
    Lentil soup is kind of a mediterranean thing. It is one of my fav soups to make 10/10

Have we played before btw?
    I thought not tbh, but my gf told me that I have played with you before even though i don't remember it
    This quote above is the ONLY interaction Mizery had with Baker. Then...

Honestly

-vote bakermir
    Yeah, that's actually bloody horrible lmao

Okay so SCRATCH WHAT I SAID BEFORE, Mizery is scummy. Their posts don't look that bad in the context of the thread, but when read in ISO format... Eww lol.
    I should use ISO more ig
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

40. ISO #690

Seeing Luka townread pretty much everything, sooo
    Do you have any scumreads, good sir?

Also, where is @Auwt ? He hasn't been around in ages, and lots of things have happened. Reads?
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

41. ISO #691

I’m sorry but Luka.
    If you read over Mizery’s response to Hau Hau after they claimed a red on Cape
    Mizery basically said/hinted/softed that Hau Hau could be evil teacher so they aren’t going to vote Cape.
    Which is hilarious because Cape would still be mafia.
    Looked back at this and I think you've probably read ISOs instead of the thread, reading it in ISO format I can see that.

Outside of ISOs its a fairly big stretch that's what they were implicitly saying.

Also Oli's d1 case on Baker was an example of how even stuff we directly say could be a mistake/misinterpreted or whatever.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

42. ISO #692

After reading several more DM posts, I'm just going to assume the part of the brain responsible for conf-biasing so that we make stretchy arguments went haywire on DM's brain.

It doesn't really change my opinions right now though. Just wanted to be clear whatever DM says isn't really my own arguments even if we may have similar conclusions on stuff.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

43. ISO #693

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    It's more of a tone / general lack of scumminess thing. Mizery feels... idk, genuinely trying to solve? ISOing them for further analysis.
    yes i actually should've done that earlier but i guess i was just too tired to think of it lol

Okay um, reading Mizery's posts in ISO format does make them look pretty bad in the end. Lots of questions with no follow-up whatsoever, lack of any followable progression, very importantly lack of votes to pressure or to follow the mouth (example: addressing Lily's posts without actually concluding anything about her alignment; actually I could see that interaction being scum theatre)... Also just realized their vote on Baker is RIDICULOUSLY UNEXPLAINED

This quote above is the ONLY interaction Mizery had with Baker. Then...

Yeah, that's actually bloody horrible lmao

Okay so SCRATCH WHAT I SAID BEFORE, Mizery is scummy. Their posts don't look that bad in the context of the thread, but when read in ISO format... Eww lol.
    I should use ISO more ig
    thanks for your input

that's basically what I was thinking -- they aren't really solving (or if they are it isn't very clear from time to time imo). I mean that more like in reference to a broader behavior rather than "oh hey they put a read out that's solving"
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

44. ISO #694

LIST OF READS - MID-D2

Helz - duh

Huo Huo - the odds of their claim being false are very low
    Martin - generally solvy tone, asking questions with follow-ups, voting Huo with me at EoD is a good look (no reason for scum to follow me there, knowing that Baker was town), also called me performative early (meta says town because he seems to always think I'm performative because I do things lol); general lack of red flags

Dark Magician - his "thug life townie style" annoys me, but I think he's genuine in it lol, there's also a visible progression

Oliverz - looked like he was genuinely happy to have "found scum" when he voted Baker on D1; weak D2 so far, though, actually kinda suspicious, so he doesn't get to enter townread heaven
    Scumbot - Pretty much like Dark Magician, but weaker, idk; could easily be neutral, but probably not scum
    Luka - gut town
    Porscha - gut town from early game, but decaying a lot from... literally not existing

--- Null zone ---

Bunch of unimpressive inactives - Varcron, Auwt

--- Null zone ---

Lilypetal - generally unimpressive, early D1 post pings me (already mentioned that a lot), fits in pretty much all scum teams, there seems to be resistance to pushing her for a reason I fail to understand = suspicious
    Mizery - see my recent post regarding her ISO

Cape - I believe Huo

45. ISO #695

Gotta be honest kinda sucks how little helz has talked so far
    FOR REAL tbh

maybe thanksgiving is messing with stuff

although it wouldn't surprise me if Helz is being intentionally quiet

generally (not always) higher-skill players will shut the heck up if they're confirmed just because they don't want wolves strategizing around them and their opinions

though helz has to abide by the 24 hour 5 post requirement and also like there's nothing preventing him from shitposting in the meanwhile so idk
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

46. ISO #696

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post

Martin - [snip] also called me performative early (meta says town because he seems to always think I'm performative because I do things lol)
    Its not my fault if you don't act hard enough

I just wanted an excuse to use it lol
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

47. ISO #697

FOR REAL tbh

maybe thanksgiving is messing with stuff

although it wouldn't surprise me if Helz is being intentionally quiet

generally (not always) higher-skill players will shut the heck up if they're confirmed just because they don't want wolves strategizing around them and their opinions

though helz has to abide by the 24 hour 5 post requirement and also like there's nothing preventing him from shitposting in the meanwhile so idk
    D1 I was intentionally quiet. I do fully intend on being much more active the second half of D2. Had to handle some stuff this morning and I am about to run to my girlfriends modeling event.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

48. ISO #698

Its not my fault if you don't act hard enough

I just wanted an excuse to use it lol
    XD
    you're making me chuckle irl, this is illegal

49. ISO #699

A few thoughts after catching up-
    As it was pointed out the Bounty Hunter on me does provide me with night immunity.
    I also feel its very important that I am killed by D4 as that not doing so grants them both Night immunity and Lynch immunity.

Looking through the roles I think its most likely that the Mafia kill landed on me and I was protected. I was expecting a 2kpn so potentials in my mind for a corruptor to exist. EOD2 will solve that for us otherwise there is a werewolf with night/lynch immunity or an evil teacher that made a bad guess.

Still the possibility that he's the evil teacher and not grave digger
    I do not understand the logic that Huo could be an evil teacher. Evil Teacher is not an information gathering role, its a killing role so the only potential there is if Cape is not town and is also night immune while me being protected kept me alive which is both extremely unlikely and would require Huo to leverage themselves based on these improbable assumptions.

We do still need to consider Cape's role given there is a pro-town utility role in neutrals but it would be a very tough sell for us to do so. The only real potential I could see is if I marry them to grab their exact role and we let them fight for a town win or bounty hunter kill before D4. The downside would be that if they are some other flavor of evil and bounty hunter is killed I will need to die to take them down.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

50. ISO #700

Pondering the the cape claim

with bounty hunter out

mafia flower child prob makes more sense than town

mafia would need the extra protection if they got unlucky and no one was confirmed town, as well as the possibility of bounty hunter denying a mafia kill

that's my 2 cents of setup speculation
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"