Political Spectrum Test
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Political Spectrum Test

This is kinda fun. Quite a few people were surprised by their leanings and it created a good bit of interesting conversation.

https://www.politicalcompass.org/test
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

2. ISO #2

Re: Political Spectrum Test

I mean, who are we talking from the perspective of? The right way to do this is just call yourself a Neo-Liberal after answering any of these lame questions. As if anyone would fall for an old neo-liberal in the first place lol.

Side note, what's those runes in your avatar profile?
    Last edited by Crimson; July 29th, 2023 at 03:29 PM.

3. ISO #3

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
    I mean, who are we talking from the perspective of? The right way to do this is just call yourself a Neo-Liberal after answering any of these lame questions. As if anyone would fall for an old neo-liberal in the first place lol.

Side note, what's those runes in your avatar profile?
    What I thought was interesting was how some people took the test and were surprised about their political leanings.

As to my runes I have no idea bro. I do a lot of volunteer work within a lot of communities and at this point I have no clue what the symbols under my name are and only know about what 1 award I have is. I could probably submit for a bunch of stuff but it would pretty much be a headache to even figure out what I rate.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

4. ISO #4

Helz has the 4 grey runes because he has over 4k posts (you get one of these for each 1k posts, up to a maximum of 4), and the other two are because he's cool

Also, I don't really get how one can be surprised by the results here. I did the test and was thoroughly unsurprised lol

Spoiler : result :

yes, normie left-libertarian, hue hue hue.

The questions also weren't that surprising generally speaking. I don't know if it's because I'm particularly interested in politics or if it's just an American thing, considering how terribly confusing and [insert many other similar adjectives here] politics in that country are (sorry Americans, but even you cannot deny it). Were there specific interesting results?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by scumbot5679 View Post
    I took this years ago. The criticism is that the questions are very pointed and left leaning so I guess someone that hard right would be surprised that they end up as libertarian.
    Very pointed, really? They seemed rather factual to me. All of them were about opinions that actually exist in public debate. I'm not sure how they could have neutralized them further.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by scumbot5679 View Post
    I took this years ago. The criticism is that the questions are very pointed and left leaning so I guess someone that hard right would be surprised that they end up as libertarian.
    Just tested it and I am not sure if I can agree. I just hit "Strongly agree" for every single question and ended up with a 4.36 lean towards authoritarian while totally neutral for left/right lean so we would essentially have to argue bias in the phrasing of the questions that is not quantitatively reflected to say the test itself has a slant.

I felt it got me pretty well pegged. Very slightly left with a decent libertarian lean but many others were surprised at their results.