Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Lookout: Watching your back

A simple suggestion, that might seem too powerful, however I think it should be allowed for the Lookout to watch their own house, and see who tries to visit him/her at night. If a Lookout/Detective were to view 'em, I guess it would say they did nothing that night, or that they visited their own self. This would also prevent the Mass Murderer from possibly killing him/her if they were to visit their house, since the Lookout would obviously be outside of their own house for the night. (Still think SK/GF should be allowed to kill 'em, however.)

Yes, no, maybe so? Only seems rather reasonable and fair, from my point of view.
    Last edited by Lysergic; September 6th, 2012 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Fix'd it so it's not gender-biased in my post!
    Signature done by opps_ur_dead

His skills are unrivaled.

2. ISO #2

Re: Lookout: Watching your back

I think that a lookout checking their own house is a little to OP for my taste.
    Also..never mind they would be able to direct information to the town during the day.

However i disagree with the MM not being able to kill them when they check their own house.

Edit: That would nerf it enough for me to like
    Last edited by Damus_Graves; August 30th, 2012 at 07:50 PM.

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by creedkingsx View Post
    Idk about MM being able to kill, from a current mechanics POV. If a lookout is watching someone that an MM targets, lookout doesn't die.
    Nor does he die if he watches Veteran. Which is why I said MM shouldn't be allowed to kill him. He probably hides in that pesky tree that isn't really there because he cloaks it.

... That'd be funny to see in the map, random trees that have a cloaked outline...

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by creedkingsx View Post
    Idk about MM being able to kill, from a current mechanics POV. If a lookout is watching someone that an MM targets, lookout doesn't die.
    From Wiki
    Notes

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

No, Lookouts die.

Thats intended.

As far as this option is concerned.. what would they catch exactly? Unless they get healed they'll die to any killing role so the best I can think of is like a Blackmailer or Framer or something
    Photobucket in 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    if you have elixir to contend with gl hf

10. ISO #10

Blackmailer, Arsonist (with feedback), Witch (with feedback), Bus Driver, Jester, Cultist (if protected) and they can immediately exclude all roles with feedback when someone visits him who doesn't give any feedback.

It'd be a very powerful feature. Not sure if balanced. At least when you watch someone else, you rely on their claims for feedback and there could be lies and WIFOM, which makes you unable to get 100% accurate role information on the people you see and you need to establish if your target is telling the truth or not. The fact that the detective and lookout can't get specific information on anyone but that they require cooperation to fulfill their role is what makes the roles interesting and challenging to play. More self sufficient sheriff style investigative actions would not encourage team play.
    [FMVI: Angel FMVIII: Gunsmith FMIX: Peasant FMX: Blacksmith
    MFM-I: Serial Killer MFM-II: Citizen MFM-III: Detective MFM-IV: Godfather/Witch MFM-V: Emperor MFM-VI:Host
    SFM-I: Spy SFM-II: Bandit SFM-III: Host SFM-VI: Skeleton Knight
    Awards: MFM-IV MVP SFM-VI MVP]

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by BorkBot View Post
    Blackmailer, Arsonist (with feedback), Witch (with feedback), Bus Driver, Jester, Cultist (if protected) and they can immediately exclude all roles with feedback when someone visits him who doesn't give any feedback.
    It wouldn't catch witch. Witch only visits the A target, and if lookout was the A target, he'd be forced to visit the B target, and thus he would not watch his own house and would not see the witch. Even if the witch made him self-target, he wouldn't know he was self-targeting so the witch's name would come up, but it wouldn't mean anything to him. Unless feedback was off and he didn't know he'd been witched. But then the witch would appear innocent since it visited him without him being blackmailed/attacked.

Quote Originally Posted by BorkBot View Post
    It'd be a very powerful feature. Not sure if balanced. At least when you watch someone else, you rely on their claims for feedback and there could be lies and WIFOM, which makes you unable to get 100% accurate role information on the people you see and you need to establish if your target is telling the truth or not. The fact that the detective and lookout can't get specific information on anyone but that they require cooperation to fulfill their role is what makes the roles interesting and challenging to play. More self sufficient sheriff style investigative actions would not encourage team play.
    I don't know that it's OP. For one thing, it can't catch killing roles that way because it would die in the process. And if a doctor healed, the doctor would also show up as a visitor, so he may get the killer, but may lynch a doctor in the process. If he finds a blackmailer, he may not be able to share this information until he dies, via his last will.

In any case, let's go ahead and think about the fact that the veteran can, with all of its settings enabled, have infinite immunity and infinite invulnerability-ignoring kills. By comparison, the lookout being able to self-target isn't even close to OP.

12. ISO #12

It's a feature that can end up proving to be useful, if only in situational stances and events. It has cons, and pros; which in my eyes, creates the cause, the effects, and the balanced scheme mafia always strives for in development.

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

Quote Originally Posted by cookies4you View Post
    And then suddenly, HE WAS A FUCKING VETERAN!

BANG BANG BANG BOOM BOOM BOOM

EVERYBODY DIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS~

Meanwhile, the real Lookout is like Lolwut as he observes the Veteran at night.
    Yeah buddy. Font forget the witch witching the lookout to target himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kusco View Post
    Dirty fucking swiss neutral

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

Ranked on EU
    get asked to the stand day2: reveal lookout info; get info confirmed -> get shot by vigi next night
    D:
    i'd like to suggest to detectives being able to watch themselves for epic lulz and infinite trolling
    or sheriffs checking themselves whether or not they might have been framed.
    Seems legit / Checking if there is an undetectable witch OR whether or not the witch changed your target.

21. ISO #21

Quote Originally Posted by LeaD View Post
    Ranked on EU
    get asked to the stand day2: reveal lookout info; get info confirmed -> get shot by vigi next night
    D:
    i'd like to suggest to detectives being able to watch themselves for epic lulz and infinite trolling
    or sheriffs checking themselves whether or not they might have been framed.
    Seems legit / Checking if there is an undetectable witch OR whether or not the witch changed your target.
    That doesn't make any realistic sense...

Spoiler : :
    FM XIV - Rapture : Denizen
    FM XV - Star Wars : Citizen
    FM XIV - FuzzyWuzzyTown : Doctor

22. ISO #22