S-FM 352: ★ Silent Night 2 ★ - Page 4
Register

User Tag List

Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #151

2. ISO #152

Re: S-FM ★ Silent Night 2 ★

Quote Originally Posted by Achro View Post
    Active for sure, aggressive potentially is accurate but not in a new environment these days, and experienced you've got me there too. Not really looking for a clear or anything, I just need two blessings and I'll be out of your hair. That's the most straight forward option any way. It was probably unlikely I eat a night 1 here unclaimed, but given I did just that in my only game here in anonymous presidents I just thought I didn't want to lose night one all the same.

My role is a fun mixture of neutral roles that I would deem as fairly literally neutral. I don't kill anyone, I can do some neutral things (depending on target) and I have offered to lend my experience to solving earnestly even if laxly. On average I would say it is likely that I am more harmful to the wolves, but I hope I am chill enough and don't count towards parity enough that they just leave me alone until I am gone.

Think of it is as a 13er with a friendly guy just hanging around.

Also Gojo, my avatar, is one of the main heroes of his series and had just come back from a bit of an ordeal where the villain of the arc thought they had killed him. They were wrong.
    You unfortunately are too cool for me to push for your lynch throughout D1. What a shame.
    My main goal is accomplished, though: you have committed entirely to your claim in a way that makes your early intent verifiable if/when you eventually full claim or drop your neutral claim (because that is very much still a possibility). Thank you for your cooperation :P

You shall live as long as you are pro-town, I guess.

~~

-vote MartinGG99

Hi. How are you. What if I actually accepted the POD/Kutie cat-towncore, but thought it was pretty strange coming from you?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

3. ISO #153

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
    Ah so I got clarification.

My Blessing doesn’t bless everybody and only Blesses a specific person.

I ain’t full claiming today but when I do full claim I’ll explain it better.
    Yo so uh

If you need anything from me.

Just let me know. If you want to solve/fake solve if you're a wolf together, I am here for you.

4. ISO #154

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    You're not, you're actually meeting people who are fairly higher grade than the average player on this site lol

should be a good time for you regardless of alignment

I'm not going to be giving you a whole lot of room though given the chaotic executioner game....

like is this an implicit role claim out of nowhere? Or sneaky PR cover? Actually, probably don't answer that.
    Yeah I won't answer that. But you are right. That's why I am happy to be a part of this!

5. ISO #155

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    You unfortunately are too cool for me to push for your lynch throughout D1. What a shame.
    My main goal is accomplished, though: you have committed entirely to your claim in a way that makes your early intent verifiable if/when you eventually full claim or drop your neutral claim (because that is very much still a possibility). Thank you for your cooperation :P

~~

-vote MartinGG99

Hi. How are you. What if I actually accepted the POD/Kutie cat-towncore, but thought it was pretty strange coming from you?
    Cool beans.

6. ISO #156

7. ISO #157

Anyway I am so pro town, I literally gave you one less slot to have to read into to find wolves. Narrowing your focus is +ev for town every single time tbh.

Chopping me day 1 grants no information, allows the thread to stagnate, and worst of all makes me lose and I don't like any of those things, and neither should any member of town.
    That last line would be absolutely correct if we didn't start dealing with you as soon as game started, hence the intervention. I am fairly satisfied with your existence for now, though, considering we have other people to figure out, and you could well be helpful, considering how colorful you are (pun intended ^^).

Also, + some townpoints to Wisp for explicitely not jumping on the easy train on Achro from his perspective
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

8. ISO #158

~~

-vote MartinGG99

Don't like this either, too soft.

If you were genuinely reserved - he only vaguely alluded to a single indi wincon. We can easily force a claim and make him strip it all down.

9. ISO #159

10. ISO #160

That last line would be absolutely correct if we didn't start dealing with you as soon as game started, hence the intervention. I am fairly satisfied with your existence for now, though, considering we have other people to figure out, and you could well be helpful, considering how colorful you are (pun intended ^^).

Also, + some townpoints to Wisp for explicitely not jumping on the easy train on Achro from his perspective
    I will warn against those town points. I believe even Wisp would agree that from his perspective calling Achro an 'easy train' in any circumstance would not be accurate. We have a long and storied history together, and if he did that things might get colorful in a bad way for him.

Martin pressure is cool tho.

11. ISO #161

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
    Achro are you still gonna do reads this game even though you’re a Neutral or no?

I won’t vote you as long as you provide reads as if you were town.
    I said in my claim post I was going to do that.

Come on, I know we're masons but at least read my posts...

12. ISO #162

13. ISO #163

14. ISO #164

15. ISO #165

16. ISO #166

Quote Originally Posted by ikarusdk View Post
    Im working so I'm basically getting snippets of the game atm. Could you please enlighten me why you two are masons?
    Because I am a neutral who wins if two blessings are given to me, and they have stated they can give a blessing. A bit of a joke you see. It is self-interest.

17. ISO #167

18. ISO #168

19. ISO #169

20. ISO #170

21. ISO #171

22. ISO #172

Cause... I'm a neutral so I want to be harmless and not be night killed and fulfill one of my ... 5 win conditions?

lol

Simple really.
    Active for sure, aggressive potentially is accurate but not in a new environment these days, and experienced you've got me there too. Not really looking for a clear or anything, I just need two blessings and I'll be out of your hair. That's the most straight forward option any way. It was probably unlikely I eat a night 1 here unclaimed, but given I did just that in my only game here in anonymous presidents I just thought I didn't want to lose night one all the same.

My role is a fun mixture of neutral roles that I would deem as fairly literally neutral. I don't kill anyone, I can do some neutral things (depending on target) and I have offered to lend my experience to solving earnestly even if laxly. On average I would say it is likely that I am more harmful to the wolves, but I hope I am chill enough and don't count towards parity enough that they just leave me alone until I am gone.

Think of it is as a 13er with a friendly guy just hanging around.

Also Gojo, my avatar, is one of the main heroes of his series and had just come back from a bit of an ordeal where the villain of the arc thought they had killed him. They were wrong.
    It doesn't seem to me Achro offers much in terms of new information in this second post - it's mealy mouthing elaboration because he wants to maintain appeasement while not giving away everything.

Understandable on his end, but why is Marsh satisfied with this? He's claimed 5 wincons, obviously if the first one falls through he'll have others as his fallback. Pressure feels performative here, or perhaps he saw Achro's assurance that he wouldn't town side too hard and decided to move on

23. ISO #173

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    It doesn't seem to me Achro offers much in terms of new information in this second post - it's mealy mouthing elaboration because he wants to maintain appeasement while not giving away everything.

Understandable on his end, but why is Marsh satisfied with this? He's claimed 5 wincons, obviously if the first one falls through he'll have others as his fallback. Pressure feels performative here, or perhaps he saw Achro's assurance that he wouldn't town side too hard and decided to move on
    You know, for what it is worth usually what I like to do is just ask the person "Why did this cause you to unvote?" so you can get more into their head and then if it sounds bogus you lay a trap, rather than just speculate about motives in a way that's interesting on its face but not terribly objectively convincing of foul motive, at least imo.

Doing great though keep it up!

24. ISO #174

Oh, wait hold on I've had trouble with this in new places before.

I am neuro divergent, and sometimes I appear to be mocking people. I am just cheerful. So if you take my tone as anything other than happy to be here please ask and it will be very likely just a misunderstanding. Thanks!

25. ISO #175

zomg spoilers my displeasure is immeasurable and my day is ruined

tbh though the comeback was so swift and simple I didn't really care for it all that much (or at least it felt underwhelming to me) except the info drop

....come to think of it now about your role you seem one of those types that as one of their goals its to reach a later game-state without the town or mafia being completely obliterated -- or something to that effect (like I could imagine an executioner variant based on how many town/mafia are left rather than any specific playet or the like with a few abilities in to help with that)

past few Lumi games I've been in it had one of those, but supposedly Geyde did most of the work on this setup. So I can't say if that actually matters but wouldn't be unheard of on this site
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

26. ISO #176

You know, for what it is worth usually what I like to do is just ask the person "Why did this cause you to unvote?" so you can get more into their head and then if it sounds bogus you lay a trap, rather than just speculate about motives in a way that's interesting on its face but not terribly objectively convincing of foul motive, at least imo.

Doing great though keep it up!
    Thanks for the unsolicited advice, but I don't really lay traps or the like - he also provided a rational for retracting his vote in his post, I just didn't find it satisfactory.

27. ISO #177

zomg spoilers my displeasure is immeasurable and my day is ruined

tbh though the comeback was so swift and simple I didn't really care for it all that much (or at least it felt underwhelming to me) except the info drop

....come to think of it now about your role you seem one of those types that as one of their goals its to reach a later game-state without the town or mafia being completely obliterated -- or something to that effect (like I could imagine an executioner variant based on how many town/mafia are left rather than any specific playet or the like with a few abilities in to help with that)

past few Lumi games I've been in it had one of those, but supposedly Geyde did most of the work on this setup. So I can't say if that actually matters but wouldn't be unheard of on this site
    Well, do keep in mind it was a flashback so it wasn't meant to be exactly a shock to the audience that a main character in the future was not actually gone. The cool thing, in the manga when I read it, was just how unhinged Gojo was for that.

"For real, real."

What a panel.

Anyway yeah I don't know about the blessings portion but but if wolves lose in like, a sweep it might be hard for me to win. One of my possible wins involves day 5 so I'm hoping that one I can leave on the cutting room floor.

There is one based on people who I CHOOSE to be chopped, not assigned, but I'll keep that one to myself and probably aim for people I think are likely to be chopped in the following day. Pseudo executioner if you will. Not gonna shove anyone towards their death tho, it'll just be cool if I got the chop for the next day right n1.

28. ISO #178

Thanks for the unsolicited advice, but I don't really lay traps or the like - he also provided a rational for retracting his vote in his post, I just didn't find it satisfactory.
    hmm. I see, alright.

I usually think all of mafia is an open forum to engage, but I guess I am not a part of either side so I have no incentive to care about what you do if it doesn't harm me, so I'll just leave you alone.

29. ISO #179

-vote MartinGG99

if you are the town variation of Marshmallow Marshall I'd say you are spooked

Spoiler : :

boo.

Oh that reminds me. @ everyone spoilers on this site need [spoiler= ][/spoiler] in order to display a spoiler without a title. If you don't have that equals with a space or a word innit or whatever, it don't work (and its not working in this sentence because I used special code to show it to you guys). Its weird, I know.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

30. ISO #180

31. ISO #181

Anyway I had fun real timing as my friday night was very free of anything, but I'll probably not post a whole lot for the rest of the day since I'm not trying to achieve anything than offer my perspective so the wolves don't throw me off a bridge.

If you want my thoughts on anyone just let me though, and I'll be sure to post a reads list EOD as well as sheep whatever my mason Dark Magician votes.

32. ISO #182

Well, do keep in mind it was a flashback so it wasn't meant to be exactly a shock to the audience that a main character in the future was not actually gone. The cool thing, in the manga when I read it, was just how unhinged Gojo was for that.
    Well yeah. The audience already knows they're alive but, like, they've could've put more into it. It felt much less than the fight that got Gojo "killed" in the first place.

It also didn't occur to me you may have read the manga. I've never watched (lol) read mangas and so don't know the differences.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

33. ISO #183

Well yeah. The audience already knows they're alive but, like, they've could've put more into it. It felt much less than the fight that got Gojo "killed" in the first place.

It also didn't occur to me you may have read the manga. I've never watched (lol) read mangas and so don't know the differences.
    Personally I thought the real bullet to the reader/watcher was what happened next.

heh heh.

I hear you, but also the nature of the fight is what it is. Gojo was EXHAUSTED, it wasn't meant to be fair or flashy. Dat Purple panel/scene though. God.

But yeah I think you're going to love the next arc.

Anyway I will stop, I could talk about JJK all night lol

34. ISO #184

35. ISO #185

Personally I thought the real bullet to the reader/watcher was what happened next.

heh heh.
    for a lot of people it seemingly was but once Gojo was down I was like "yep this is happening" either the episode it did happen or the episode after

good point about the exhaustion though...its easy to forget when writers may actually want to implement that into stories after when you've watched seasons of like Demon Slayer and (in particular the recent episodes) the main characters suffering injuries after injuries and sorta just not caring eventually as compared to earlier in the series
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

36. ISO #186

37. ISO #187

38. ISO #188

39. ISO #189

If you were genuinely reserved - he only vaguely alluded to a single indi wincon. We can easily force a claim and make him strip it all down.
    Yes, we can. We can even lynch him. But does that actually help us right now? I'd much rather push other people for the time being. He's not saying he's town, and he implied that he would "leave" the game at some point, which means that he eventually should depart to heaven one way or another. He should probably not be brought to LYLO unless new info says otherwise. For now, though, I don't really see an issue with giving him a chance to exist as long as he is actually acting pro-town (if not, chop chop without remorse, but I don't see that rn). We have more pressing matters to attend to, such as reading literally everyone else in the game, and exclusively pushing a neutral claim isn't going to yield good results for this purpose.

As for "don't like this", allow me to OMGUS you a little, kind sir... You said you had nothing to give us but holiday cheer after having caught up earlier, and even test-voted Ikarus out of all people after that. This implies you did not find anything noteworthy, bad-looking, etc., or you would have mentioned SOMETHING. But then, you act as if my treatment of Achro were some kind of heretical tolerance towards the evil neutral claim, while you haven't even said anything about it at all yourself. This reads as opportunism and as ungenuine thought process. You are welcome to defend yourself if you wish, but until then, FoS on you (I wish to keep my vote on Martin for now, don't like giving up on my pushes without result).

40. ISO #190

41. ISO #191

42. ISO #192

I will warn against those town points. I believe even Wisp would agree that from his perspective calling Achro an 'easy train' in any circumstance would not be accurate. We have a long and storied history together, and if he did that things might get colorful in a bad way for him.

Martin pressure is cool tho.
    Hm, I guess I was projecting what scum me in Wisp's position would likely do (as someone who doesn't know you), but meta is very liable to change that, so I'll keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiisp View Post
    -vote Marshmallow Marshal
    -vote [URL="https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/29377-Marshmallow-Marshall"][COLOR=#FF1A1A][B]Marshmallow Marshall[/B][/COLOR][/URL]
    god dmnit
    -vote Marshmallow Marshall
    The vote system knows what's good for you xD.

That's not very Christmas-spirited of you, Wisp. Care to explain?

43. ISO #193

44. ISO #194

45. ISO #195

Yes, we can. We can even lynch him. But does that actually help us right now? I'd much rather push other people for the time being. He's not saying he's town, and he implied that he would "leave" the game at some point, which means that he eventually should depart to heaven one way or another. He should probably not be brought to LYLO unless new info says otherwise. For now, though, I don't really see an issue with giving him a chance to exist as long as he is actually acting pro-town (if not, chop chop without remorse, but I don't see that rn). We have more pressing matters to attend to, such as reading literally everyone else in the game, and exclusively pushing a neutral claim isn't going to yield good results for this purpose.

As for "don't like this", allow me to OMGUS you a little, kind sir... You said you had nothing to give us but holiday cheer after having caught up earlier, and even test-voted Ikarus out of all people after that. This implies you did not find anything noteworthy, bad-looking, etc., or you would have mentioned SOMETHING. But then, you act as if my treatment of Achro were some kind of heretical tolerance towards the evil neutral claim, while you haven't even said anything about it at all yourself. This reads as opportunism and as ungenuine thought process. You are welcome to defend yourself if you wish, but until then, FoS on you (I wish to keep my vote on Martin for now, don't like giving up on my pushes without result).
    Well, you suspecting the claimed indi really didn't garner any interest from me until you switched up for very little substantial reason.

The point you're making here seems sound, but he told you he was self resolving from the get-go. He didn't offer you much in the way of new information from point A -> B, but your attitude changed, that's kinda my point.

Now as for your counterpoint, you are highlighting the fact I didn't say anything prior, when I couldn't possibly have made the observation that you had changed positions before you actually did so. So...what are you suspecting me of here? Not being a psychic? Disingenuous.

46. ISO #196

@Kutiplz
    no lol
    @Marshmallow Marshall
    it depends, not a fan of your handling of Achro so far, but im confident i will find u town as the day goes on if u are
    Uh, sure. Is this where I'm meant to run as a headless chicken and say "AAAH I'LL DO ANYTHING YOU WANT ME TO, I'M SCUM IF YOU WANT, I'M SCUM!!!" because I crumble under pressure of your vote?

Spoiler : Because... :

Quote Originally Posted by Kutiplz View Post
    Are you voting then because they called me cute
    just admit that's the real reason already

I don't see what you're trying to achieve here. Like, you only gain info here because I choose to reply to your vote, but I could very well have just left it there and carried on with my life, which would have left town!you with pretty much nothing at all.

47. ISO #197

Well, you suspecting the claimed indi really didn't garner any interest from me until you switched up for very little substantial reason.

The point you're making here seems sound, but he told you he was self resolving from the get-go. He didn't offer you much in the way of new information from point A -> B, but your attitude changed, that's kinda my point.

Now as for your counterpoint, you are highlighting the fact I didn't say anything prior, when I couldn't possibly have made the observation that you had changed positions before you actually did so. So...what are you suspecting me of here? Not being a psychic? Disingenuous.

It's not really a switch as much as it's the logical continuation of my push for information and for the solidification of his claim, so that we have a reference if he chooses to backtrack on his claim later, and so that we know what to expect (for example, that if he's alive on D4, it's probably not normal lol). He also made his intent clear here, as opposed to "hai im neutral woohoo", which would be actually detrimental to town. I also don't think he had made it that clear that he was claiming a self-resolving role before? Might have missed something; if so, do point it out.

As for saying I am blaming you for not being a psychic, that is... how to say it in nice, diplomatic terms... ahem.... bullshit? :P
    Here is what you said:

If someone else genuinely sees this as saying "Why did you change your mind? I don't feel like Achro's post was that convincing", which is basically what you are now saying, please do explain, because I certainly don't. You said it was "too soft", and that we could "force a claim and make him strip it all down", which is absolutely not the style and vocabulary of someone who doesn't really have an opinion on Achro, but sees a reasoning he finds strange on the topic. You are moving goalposts here. LET THE ATTACK BEGIN.
    -vote Ultra

48. ISO #198

if you are the town variation of Marshmallow Marshall I'd say you are spooked

Spoiler : :

boo.
    Spooked?

What do you mean? And besides, what was the point of the cattowncore anyway, if you want me to ask it that way lol

49. ISO #199

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    For your entertainment purposes, let me introduce to you.. Mister Sinatra himself!

This shall be the last mod post, barring questions.
    God rest ye merry, gentlemen, let nothing you dismay.

50. ISO #200

Uh, sure. Is this where I'm meant to run as a headless chicken and say "AAAH I'LL DO ANYTHING YOU WANT ME TO, I'M SCUM IF YOU WANT, I'M SCUM!!!" because I crumble under pressure of your vote?

Spoiler : Because... :

just admit that's the real reason already

I don't see what you're trying to achieve here. Like, you only gain info here because I choose to reply to your vote, but I could very well have just left it there and carried on with my life, which would have left town!you with pretty much nothing at all.
    I'm feeling semi-confident that post + 189 makes MM town. The latter gives depth early on that I don't often see from wolf MM on d1 (especially within the first half of d1; I do realize part of this depth originates from what MM was apparently doing earlier, so in some ways the depth of analysis could be easier to fabricate, but in general wolf MM I've seen is typically more playful than serious early on) and I appreciate the assertiveness of the former.

My brain is malfunctioning a bit on grasping the issue between Ultra and MM though. Probably because I need to crash soon.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"