S-FM 355: Nonstandard Roles 3 - Page 4
Register

User Tag List

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #151

Re: S-FM 355: Nonstandard Roles 3

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    I really spelled cozy with an S... welp, thank you, sleep deprivation xD

Also, SEAWEED IS GOOD, MIZERY. Eat seaweed. It's great in soup. It's great in itself. Seaweed. Yum.

Yes. Once in my life, i.e. the first time I ever heard about it. That... would be about it.

o k

Have you ever thought about who could be scum? :P
    "yes, you" is not a valid answer

~~

I dislike Lilypetal coming in, saying one kinda irrelevant thing that also isn't meant to be a funny inquiry that could spark interesting reactions ("omg hiii, I haven't [thought about it] but now i have i guess" really doesn't do... anything), and disappearing afterwards. There were things to comment on OR attempts to be funny to be made, but none of that happened. Thus, it COULD be that she wanted to just... appear, exist, but didn't know how to react to being scum - i.e., early wolf freeze.

-vote Lilypetal

Welcome :P
    Any interesting thoughts to share? What's your experience with mafia?
    I'm not a noob so no, not this. There was simply nothing to react to or give an AI read on so I just went to do other things

2. ISO #152

3. ISO #153

Quote Originally Posted by Cape90 View Post
    Alright fine i will make up some thoughts about the game

-Helz' claim thing looks decent, esp since his opening was strange already. It's one of those things that I feel like I shouldn't worry too much about

-Miz is leaning town honestly and that's mostly for their MM read + not liking when ppl weren't here

-Dark Magician pushing Huohuo seemed really strange to me off of the Porscha thing.
    How do I vote on here

I'm going to vote cape for this post lol

Let's break this down

Wolfy self awareness on the "make up some thoughts"

Mentions a claim that imo doesn't matter at all. I read it and went yeah ok w/e. Idk why that's even necessary here

Says miz is town despite miz just throwing out a bunch of nonsensical posts. Not to mention that the LAMIST "omg no one is here when i am" is more often a wolf thing to post

Other read is probs not that AI, but it is kind of a nothing read because it's just a "strange" read

So yeah Cape looks pretty bad here.

4. ISO #154

5. ISO #155

6. ISO #156

7. ISO #157

8. ISO #158

9. ISO #159

Quote Originally Posted by Lilypetal View Post
    Why is cape town?
    I don't find him suspicious -- a lot of the reasons I could suspect him for are really low level and without wifom.

Which just reads as poorly playing wolf or, much more simply, not a wolf.

Re: what you said about the "make up" post

Fmpov it was said because of the level activity on this game and he wanted to drum up more.

You can't really play mafia if nobody is discussing anything lol. So you have to force things to happen eventually.

You could say that its "wolfy self-awareness" but that's like, in terms of WIFOM only, very very low-level and on something that isn't really something a wolf is bound to do even if self-aware -- they'd probably look at how everyone else is not doing much and opt to go a blame-less low activity approach to the game for the time being. Heck, he has even claimed being a busy bee or whatever and was vacationing in his first few posts and yet for awhile he was among the highest posters (12 posts by post #86). A self-aware wolf would definitely remember that claim they made, as they're self-aware, and yet he hasn't seem to made much or any use of it.

Regardless though, every slot is subject to changing reads over time (except helz) and cape is no different to that. However, as of the time being, I'd definitely say he's among my stronger / more confident reads.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

10. ISO #160

Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    by asking the question... you immediately think about it.
    like an cognitohazard, or "the game".
    Spoiler : big letters :

YOU ARE NOW BLINKING MANUALLY.
    YOU ARE NOW BREATHING MANUALLY.
    It's true, it works, I'm now self-conscious
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizery View Post
    Lean town on MM so far
    Quote Originally Posted by Cape90 View Post
    Gonna be unoriginal and yoink the same read that Mizery has on MM
    People are townreading me without stating their reasons, but they can't all be scum... I can't be paranoid, it's not fair :[
    I guess I'll take it lol

Also, no, Huo, games are not always this slow at all lol, this is a specially slow D1 per this site's standards, considering it's fairly common for us to hit 1k posts by the end of D1 in games of this size. That said, it's not like you're particularly feeding the discussion with critical thinking, RVS to figure things out, or similar stuff, so your comment about the game being slow seems a little off? I may be misinterpreting, though, as I'm not used to your tone, and you seem to have a peculiar one (this isn't positive or negative, just a statement of fact; I don't mind it as long as it doesn't impair content :P).

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
    Hey Cape.

You had wondering why I pushed Huo?
    It’s more like I didn’t like their refusal of contributing.
    Them answering Porscha’s question might have seemed pointless but it could help build someone’s read and Huo was refusing to help with Porscha’s read.
    To be fair, Huo has contributed more than most people so far, even though they've been (very) far from groundbreaking. "Refusal of contributing" may be a little harsh? Plus, in this case, what do you think of my accusation against Lilypetal? (I saw she replied to it but haven't read her reply yet)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
    I’m going to wolf lean MM for not being mean enough.
    That... is rude. I'm never really mean lol, you're acting like I'm usually a bully or something
    (I could be mean and vote you for this but I won't)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

11. ISO #161

I changed my mind on Ms Lily, i think she is good and gave a good explanation for her lack of posting and i like her case on Cape :3

@ Mr Marshmallow i'm used to games this large having like 10-12 pages by now so i was getting a little bored >w<

That being said Mr Marshmallow, it comes as a surprise to me that even tho you were talking about Ms Lily you said nothing about her recent posting, your initial vote didn't look like rvs in my opinion.

Do you still think Lily is a baddy?

-Huohuo

12. ISO #162

13. ISO #163

14. ISO #164

15. ISO #165

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    considering it's fairly common for us to hit 1k posts by the end of D1 in games of this size.
    S-FM 350: Chaotic Executioner (2 less players), S-FM 344: President II (2 less players), and S-FM 353: Death Nominations (5 less players) all would like to have a word with you considering these expectations are more than double of each game's d1 or even more

Silent Night 2 is really the only recent game that got close to that and that was a special / unique invitational game
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

16. ISO #166

17. ISO #167

Quote Originally Posted by Huo Huo and Mr Tail View Post
    I changed my mind on Ms Lily, i think she is good and gave a good explanation for her lack of posting and i like her case on Cape :3

@ Mr Marshmallow i'm used to games this large having like 10-12 pages by now so i was getting a little bored >w<

That being said Mr Marshmallow, it comes as a surprise to me that even tho you were talking about Ms Lily you said nothing about her recent posting, your initial vote didn't look like rvs in my opinion.

Do you still think Lily is a baddy?

-Huohuo
    what, her explanation of "no one was posting anything i could give an AI response to so i left" was good enough? how is that even a real answer?

18. ISO #168

19. ISO #169

Martin saying no to the proposal tho

What could it mean???

@Martingg90 could you give me the details Mr Martin?

-Huohuo
    - states/alludes to role reasons as main reason for declining
    - made clear that declining would happen before even being offered the proposal
    - Gets implicitly pressured for declining and gets asked about role

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

20. ISO #170

21. ISO #171

I'm going to take a wild guess right now that Huo Huo is neutral, then take that guess not seriously, but when Huo Huo does flip neutral I'm going to point back to this post I can pretend I was right the whole time.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

22. ISO #172

23. ISO #173

24. ISO #174

25. ISO #175

26. ISO #176

27. ISO #177

kinda find it interesting you find me serious here
    I didn't think you were voting me seriously, but I did think there was a chance you were genuinely interested.

That's how other towns sometimes are when I'm cagey about something. Instead of backing off, they just want more info and don't let up easily.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

28. ISO #178

29. ISO #179

30. ISO #180

were they saying you were frozen ? I didn't catch that if so
    it's just something I wouldn't expect to change someone's mind about anyone regardless of the reason they were given. Like that sentence from you shouldn't make them townread you more than they were before, regardless of what reason they had before.

31. ISO #181

32. ISO #182

Not open to voting at all (either bc townread or I see town potential):

Helz
    Luka
    Cape90
    Auwt
    Varcron
    Mizery
    Lily

Also upon reflection I'm not sure if I want MM out today. I think he has some points that possibly performative but other points reflect a serious attitude and I've interpreted that situationally as >rand town under the circumstances. He may still be on the table for consensus but I want the slot/read to develop more.

-vote bwcPorscha
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

33. ISO #183

34. ISO #184

In particular this, which I'm guessing I glazed over earlier.

it's just that for example Mizery also came into the thread with off topic but! he is not framing it as game related while Bwc is framing it as very important and I don't really get why

-Huohuo
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

35. ISO #185

I don't find that as really a wolf point, like i never expected anyone to take her post as something that she honestly thought would help her read anyone, and the response to it that was "wel if she says it'll help her read me then i believe her" was more wolfy than porscha's question

I do think that it was performative, but it's also possible it was performative in a "im so quirky" way rather than a wolfy way

lack of anything else going on though with her slot is meh tho so i'm not opposing.

36. ISO #186

37. ISO #187

I don't find that as really a wolf point, like i never expected anyone to take her post as something that she honestly thought would help her read anyone, and the response to it that was "wel if she says it'll help her read me then i believe her" was more wolfy than porscha's question

I do think that it was performative, but it's also possible it was performative in a "im so quirky" way rather than a wolfy way

lack of anything else going on though with her slot is meh tho so i'm not opposing.
    Basically so long as they seem interested in meeting minimums and nothing more while making game-related posts (or portraying them as such)

I'm suspicious of it
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

38. ISO #188

39. ISO #189

40. ISO #190

actually, I'm going to post it regardless, the MM read is probably immaterial though it might strengthen my case.

I think ultimately I dislike their voting. You could make the argument that that doesn't make them scum and maybe so I'll try to go a little deeper here.

As I said earlier, I didn't like Huo Huo's vote on Lilly and didn't really like the no sell of 178.

kinda sus on the quick turnaround on Lily. The vote on Porscha seems...safe since their voting likely won't endear them much. But Lilly is posting and so is Cape.

this feels like scum going down the path of least resistance.

41. ISO #191

42. ISO #192

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    Not open to voting at all (either bc townread or I see town potential):

Helz
    Luka
    Cape90
    Auwt
    Varcron
    Mizery
    Lily

Also upon reflection I'm not sure if I want MM out today. I think he has some points that possibly performative but other points reflect a serious attitude and I've interpreted that situationally as >rand town under the circumstances. He may still be on the table for consensus but I want the slot/read to develop more.

-vote bwcPorscha
    Damn, give me that spicy Cape Town read!

43. ISO #193

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    I don't find him suspicious -- a lot of the reasons I could suspect him for are really low level and without wifom.

Which just reads as poorly playing wolf or, much more simply, not a wolf.

Re: what you said about the "make up" post

Fmpov it was said because of the level activity on this game and he wanted to drum up more.

You can't really play mafia if nobody is discussing anything lol. So you have to force things to happen eventually.

You could say that its "wolfy self-awareness" but that's like, in terms of WIFOM only, very very low-level and on something that isn't really something a wolf is bound to do even if self-aware -- they'd probably look at how everyone else is not doing much and opt to go a blame-less low activity approach to the game for the time being. Heck, he has even claimed being a busy bee or whatever and was vacationing in his first few posts and yet for awhile he was among the highest posters (12 posts by post #86). A self-aware wolf would definitely remember that claim they made, as they're self-aware, and yet he hasn't seem to made much or any use of it.

Regardless though, every slot is subject to changing reads over time (except helz) and cape is no different to that. However, as of the time being, I'd definitely say he's among my stronger / more confident reads.
    Oh here it is.

44. ISO #194

45. ISO #195

46. ISO #196

47. ISO #197

48. ISO #198

49. ISO #199

50. ISO #200