S-FM President - Page 15
Register

User Tag List

Page 15 of 89 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread: S-FM President

1. ISO #701

Re: S-FM President

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Nixon View Post
    Personally I would say he is doing what Rumox tried in cold war and trying to bait the mafia into attacking him tonight, but the reasons why he might be doing that are quite diverse given all the potential town roles.
    I don't see it as a mafia play, it's too ballsy
    who are we talking about right now?

2. ISO #702

Quote Originally Posted by George Washington View Post
    I am not a swaying neutral and if the town wants you gone then you my friend are gone. Do not portray me as a swaying neutral I'm not back peddling. Go paint somebody else with your crappy brush.
    Mafia has all night to come up with a plan to get YOU to follow the majority vote if you were elected president. Because of that, by your own words, you are a swaying neutral:
    If I'm asked for opinions I will give honest opinions but my vote will always be with the majority of what the town wants.
    The only way to truly know who towns are is to be mafia.

3. ISO #703

4. ISO #704

Quote Originally Posted by John Kennedy View Post
    It gives scum 6 votes if he sides with them. Easy game for scum if he's elected. N O W A Y .
    But it's not so cut and dry. He can't side with the scum when there are potentially still town killing roles alive, as he loses the game even if 1 salty town member killed him on the last day of the game. If we randomly elect presidents and a single one of them ends up being mafia, the mafia then have FIVE VOTES at their disposal.

I do see your point though. He COULD fuck the town but he could just as easily be giving the town +3 votes for the whole game against the mafia.

5. ISO #705

6. ISO #706

7. ISO #707

8. ISO #708

Personally I would say he is doing what Rumox tried in cold war and trying to bait the mafia into attacking him tonight, but the reasons why he might be doing that are quite diverse given all the potential town roles.
    I don't see it as a mafia play, it's too ballsy
    Agreed on the not mafia, but if he's assassin we must not lose his kill ^^
    John F. Kennedy = John Fuck Kennedy.

9. ISO #709

10. ISO #710

But it's not so cut and dry. He can't side with the scum when there are potentially still town killing roles alive, as he loses the game even if 1 salty town member killed him on the last day of the game. If we randomly elect presidents and a single one of them ends up being mafia, the mafia then have FIVE VOTES at their disposal.

I do see your point though. He COULD fuck the town but he could just as easily be giving the town +3 votes for the whole game against the mafia.
    The lesson that everyone must learn some day: do not play roulette.

11. ISO #711

12. ISO #712

13. ISO #713

14. ISO #714

15. ISO #715

16. ISO #716

17. ISO #717

18. ISO #718

19. ISO #719

20. ISO #720

21. ISO #721

Except he's not exactly LHF anymore if everyone's agreeing a scum wouldn't try that move
    Are we talking about the same person here? Also, my initial scum read on the slot had little to do with the role claim. The role claim made me more secure in my read, and this didn't exactly absolve him either tho. We just found a townish side to what happened.

22. ISO #722

Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln View Post
    Are we talking about the same person here? Also, my initial scum read on the slot had little to do with the role claim. The role claim made me more secure in my read, and this didn't exactly absolve him either tho. We just found a townish side to what happened.
    I am also somewhat hesitant to go 'she CANNOT be scum because what she did is too ballsy'. While this is probably true, the truth is this playstyle rewards neither scum nor town

23. ISO #723

24. ISO #724

25. ISO #725

26. ISO #726

My first and foremost Lynch will be Obama however.
    How come? I guess I got a natural good-guy vibe from him because he wasn’t getting involved in the petty arguments and taking things a bit more calmly. As I was writing that out tho I realized that avoiding confrontations isn’t necessarily a good thing for a town who should be scum hunting to do

27. ISO #727

How come? I guess I got a natural good-guy vibe from him because he wasn’t getting involved in the petty arguments and taking things a bit more calmly. As I was writing that out tho I realized that avoiding confrontations isn’t necessarily a good thing for a town who should be scum hunting to do
    This whole business with Clinton made me realise we actually didn't find jack shit by pressuring her, and I think the rabid wolves profited off of it. Who are those rabid wolves? Obama and Truman. We made more progress with a claimed neutral role, because Clinton is not scum

28. ISO #728

This whole business with Clinton made me realise we actually didn't find jack shit by pressuring her, and I think the rabid wolves profited off of it. Who are those rabid wolves? Obama and Truman. We made more progress with a claimed neutral role, because Clinton is not scum
    I know this is off topic but I love how you keep thinking it’s Hillary and not Bill. I bet trump will not like that hahaha

I don’t know if I agree with Obama and Truman being rabid wolves, I feel like they’ve not done that much pressuring since the early Truman + Nixon v Roosevelt argument

29. ISO #729

30. ISO #730

So you scumread him because he hasn't done anything scummy, basically. Even if it's not what you said, it implies it And this be my motto: "In Obama is my trust".

31. ISO #731

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Clinton View Post
    Unfortunately, my highest town read should never have more than 1 count vote. My other president choice is Trump (citizen claim), but I don't think I can PM SJ those words...lol. No one else is really campaigning for president, as they probably don't want to lose their night action, so why not me? Why not with this good reason + role.
    This is not how I imagined this day going, but would you feel comfortable with voting me? Yes/no and why

32. ISO #732

33. ISO #733

34. ISO #734

35. ISO #735

36. ISO #736

37. ISO #737

38. ISO #738

39. ISO #739

40. ISO #740

41. ISO #741

Quote Originally Posted by Barack Obama View Post
    That was actually a shitpost lol

But I am citizen and I am evidently a candidate for presidency. Vote Obama! Yes you can!
    Oh lol. Well to me it was a citizen softclaim and an invitation to vote you :P you however did not push it SUPER HARD so it had the effect of pushing my vote on you, since I had you as my highest town read (and still the case it is.)

42. ISO #742

43. ISO #743

44. ISO #744

45. ISO #745

46. ISO #746

And if anyone wants to imply that I could potentially be a backstabbing coward then to The Gallows with you.
    I will imply that. And i will very outwardly state that we have to be careful voting anyone who could be neutral since one misplaced vote can easily mean their election. And in the case of a designated survivor, that means surrendering town power for what could easily be the entire rest of the game

47. ISO #747

48. ISO #748

49. ISO #749

Good evening colleagues and countrymen. From my home in the Poplar Forrest of beautiful Virginia, I have read this thread diligently in front of the fire, sipping some fine American tea. From this, accompanied by my studies, I have concluded I absolutely hate Day one, and the culture of seriousness veiled around what can only be described as a pile of shit-post. Paired with this sentiment are some other trailing thoughts and whims. Are we as a nation seriously supposed to fabricate elaborate reads and charts based on platitudes like "gut feelings" and "slip ups?" Colleaguees, we cannot stand if we rely on so called "reads" on shitpost, filler,, and Roleplay. I have read through hundreds of posts- and this is what I have distilled.

Trump and Washington are the embodiment of filler. I have not seen anything substantial from them at all- which I am perfectly OK with for now since this is Day one. This nation needs someone like Trump to heal this divided and heated conversation. Washington is the only one actively seeking a vote- nothing more and nothing less from me.

Where is Bush? I really wanted to be Bush he is the best president to roleplay as. I eagerly await his arrival.

Lincoln is either the highest town in the game, or the lowest town- so to speak. General town-ish ideas such as wanting reads, placing pressure, and asking people to talk and vote are good, but also exibited by such men as Kennedy, Truman, and Obama. I thought he was the best bet for town until his out of character backlash against Truman's reads. Honestly shocked me to see such a lack of grace. Right now I don't see any reason why he isn't town, I am solely offering a cautionary sentiment.

I am a simple person, entranced by simple pleasures and compassed by simple principals. I see these Obama, Truman, Kennedy under the same light of taking Day one too seriously. The real fun starts tomorrow.

Expect my presence to be centered around the Eastern Time Zone, where my home Monticello is located.

50. ISO #750

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Truman View Post
    I will imply that. And i will very outwardly state that we have to be careful voting anyone who could be neutral since one misplaced vote can easily mean their election. And in the case of a designated survivor, that means surrendering town power for what could easily be the entire rest of the game
    The survivor can’t go against town wishes early game without guaranteeing his own death, so in reality the town gets +3 votes for the first half of game if he is elected. We have a hardclaimed assassin who can be commanded to kill him too if necessary