S-FM 353: Death Nominations - Page 4
Register

User Tag List

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #151

Re: S-FM 353: Death Nominations

Quote Originally Posted by Vittae View Post
    I might go more into detail once I've finished my Tutuu ISO but to answer for this specific point:

I can vouch for the fact that Tutuu has been on an extremely long town streak due to seeing her play in passing a couple times recently on what I believe to be her home site and it being brought up as a topic there on multiple occasions but, no, I don't think the post saying "I'm on a 37 town streak" in of itself is towny.

That being said, I think the fact that that Tutuu has had this long town streak does amplify certain other townpoints in her favour (her seeing similar tonally and activity-wise to how I recall her play being in the games of hers I spectated, Baker's townread on her and his meta on her as someone who knows Tutuu much better than I do, mindmelding with her on a couple of early takes and funding her solving and questions to generally line up with my own, etc) which, with the context of her not having randed wolf in a very long time, seem much more difficult to fake for a potential wolf-Tutuu specifically than a player who has had a lot of recent wolf rands, for example.

Replicating your town meta, fooling players who know you well and faking convincing solving are in my opinion probably the three most difficult things to do as a wolf in general so a potential wolf-Tutuu coming into this game off such a ridiculously long town streak that I believe has been going for years and then going 3/3 with accomplishing those things on D1 is something that seems pretty unlikely for sure.
    Damn this went so hard

If Vittae is wolf i think the only way i can catch them is if i think theyre TMI-ing me

2. ISO #152

Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    Thanks gotta work through the pain i feel FUCKED today but i'm hoping that's the worst of it i usually have really good health so nothing lasts more than a few days

This is 5 posts but since i feel generous i will continue reading PLEASE townlock me
    As much as I'm complaining about activity levels, I'm a much bigger advocate for putting your offline life and health above all else.

Obviously there's not a lot of people around to say for sure but I'm doubtful that you're in any real danger of going over today and I'd personally advocate against you flipping regardless as I think your posting has been fine and you seem much more likely to self resolve in time (when you feel better) compared to most of the other slots that have barely posted.

3. ISO #153

4. ISO #154

5. ISO #155

Lmao well I appreciate the vote of confidence.

Ultimately I feel sort of the same with regards to voting out active players with the current state of the thread. For as long as almost all of the posts in the game are made by the same small handful of people, it's extremely hard to justify voting off somebody who's actively contributing until more people show up and put in enough effort such that voting one of the higher posters out doesn't just gut the game of content entirely.
    Yeah

My last game the two wolves were the 2nd and 3rd top posters. 3 townies completely bailed on our team and one townie consciously and purposefully sabotaged our wincon out of personal interpetation of whats fun for them. I dont wanna play games like that, if i lose i lose and i dip. I dont wanna throw games by tinfoiling the ppl putting in effort and letting slankers free win only to hear them gloat about it. This has also happened and i hate it lol

6. ISO #156

-vote tutuu

realistically the best option is to kill someone who's unlikely to do be self-resolving and hope it's a jackpot
    I'm not a realist nor can i tell apart from the various lowposters that well so i'm making this move
    How is anyone self resolving without mafia nk in the first place?

And why me in particular? U dont think i can chop a wolf?

7. ISO #157

Another question is why you're more interested to talk to your townreads rather than your scumreads or null reads?
    I dont have scumreads. Im sheeping on that person i forgot the name of sorry

I talk to my townreads coz thats how i play

My nullreads are not here i cant talk to them unless i physically find their addresses and go to their houses to stalk them and ask them why arent they playing mafia which i might do

---

I find it odd that you find this odd of me. Have u not observed me express this behavior in all of my town games? Sheeping and cohesion?

8. ISO #158

9. ISO #159

10. ISO #160

11. ISO #161

12. ISO #162

13. ISO #163

Quote Originally Posted by tutuu View Post
    Yeah

My last game the two wolves were the 2nd and 3rd top posters. 3 townies completely bailed on our team and one townie consciously and purposefully sabotaged our wincon out of personal interpetation of whats fun for them. I dont wanna play games like that, if i lose i lose and i dip. I dont wanna throw games by tinfoiling the ppl putting in effort and letting slankers free win only to hear them gloat about it. This has also happened and i hate it lol
    Was that the one on TS?

I followed a reasonable amount of that game and I'm very glad I wasn't playing in it.

14. ISO #164

15. ISO #165

16. ISO #166

17. ISO #167

18. ISO #168

19. ISO #169

20. ISO #170

21. ISO #171

22. ISO #172

Could you go into some more detail about what made you go down this train of thought?

Not this post itself but what thoughts made you actually want to make it in the first place.
    It was out of boredom; I wouldn't call it a train. Trains aren't boring; they are angels, and I love them... I suppose it has eventually invited some people to react to it or me, which is good for my reads.

This makes sense and lines up pretty well with my initial impressions of Baker too. While far from clearing, I think his early WIM / excited attitude is a plus and he seems very different otoh to how I remember him playing the one recent time I've seen him in a game (as a wolf) although I'll need to refresh myself on that game later.
    Which game are you referring to here?

@bakermir mind linking some good / relevant games of yours as both alignments?

Don't link Mini Fooling Party please I don't really care about lost wolf games.
    I don't have any games that stands out tbh I don't find any of them "good". It's like going to the gym you know, you don't realize how small or frail you are until you start working on yourself.

The number of villagers that need to find each other is actually only 4, not 5, even if we assume that we always miselim the day after voting a wolf.

So basically, people just need to self clear and find three consensus confident and correct townreads. It's not at all a difficult setup to crack open if people are willing and able to put that effort in.
    I had 5 due to reasons - pessimism if that counts as one; mainly depending on what nominations a mafia will make if we ever chop one. I don't think we should discuss this today, but I am glad to see I wasn't the only one trying to crack the setup.

We need to figure out whom to chop and whom to nominate for tomorrow ASAP.

Mind linking the game?
    I mean, what are you going to find out from reading that game? lol is clearly wrong here in how they analyzed me. I might have been joyful in mafia chat, and I had good laughs being teamed with lol because of their content. However, that doesn't mean I show that excitement in the thread or with other mafia players in different mafia games and chats. In fact, it is quite rare for me to enjoy mafia alignment. I am a perfectionist when it comes to randing maf and I won't get into details here. This year, I subbed out of a game because I didn't click with the people on my team, and I was frustrated that I couldn't pay much time to the game, so I was out after D1 ended. Here is a link to it: I don't need the stars to align, but when the stakes are low or the game isn't enjoyable, I am not going to put up with it tolerate it, and I don't mind losing in the end. Mini-Fooling Party where I subbed in is a great example. If I had won the 50% 50% mechanical check in the end, I would have won the game.

So, what in your view makes a game "good"? @Vittae

23. ISO #173

24. ISO #174

From what little I know about Martin as a player, the mentality of being pretty unphased about dying to town kp and being willing to do so if he thinks it benefits whatever team he's on is something that I buy him genuinely believing in even if I don't necessarily agree with what he's saying here.

It's also not something I'd expect Martin, who I believe is a pretty solid wolf, to necessarily be willing to offer out of the gate when it's likely that in most potential wolf teams in this lobby he would be likely to perceive himself as one of the stronger wolves and / or one of the most likely to survive to endgame and win out of almost any wolf team.

Given that aorn it's very likely that most of the wolves are concentrated in the less active players, the above seems especially apparent. It's hard to imagine a world where wolf-Martin expresses willingness to do if his partners were two people who were just likely to minpost, for example, due to the fact that he would likely be expected to follow through on that later into the game if pushed instead of vocally fighting to survive.

Tl;dr he's not really approaching the game in a way I'd expect from somebody I perceive to be a more endgame-focused wolf.

Plus, expressing willingness to die unprompted is >rand town in a vacuum as well.

I would let Martin cook. He is a player known for holding onto some of his thoughts until later stages of the game, and this can have an impact, for better or worse, on either himself or the rest of us. It usually ends well for town. Also, on a personal note: I believe I can read Martin very effectively due to certain reasons and history. My last meta read on him was accurate. Reading his champs game D1, I told MM how I could soulread Martin as mafia, and MM was underlining Axis to me. It turns out we were both correct xd

I am taking them into my towncore today.

Speaking of MM, it is unusual for them to miss a day like this. Maybe we should consider extending this day phase.

What are your thoughts @everyone?

25. ISO #175

@bakermir @tutuu @MartinGG99 @anyone else who wants to lol

If y'all let me know when you're around we can chat about some stuff together and hopefully start generating some meaningful content.

I'll be back in a little while myself.
    hmm we can look into extending the day and we should probably bring together a list of nominations for scumbot

26. ISO #176

Quote Originally Posted by bakermir View Post
    I would let Martin cook. He is a player known for holding onto some of his thoughts until later stages of the game, and this can have an impact, for better or worse, on either himself or the rest of us. It usually ends well for town. Also, on a personal note: I believe I can read Martin very effectively due to certain reasons and history. My last meta read on him was accurate. Reading his champs game D1, I told MM how I could soulread Martin as mafia, and MM was underlining Axis to me. It turns out we were both correct xd

I am taking them into my towncore today.

Speaking of MM, it is unusual for them to miss a day like this. Maybe we should consider extending this day phase.

What are your thoughts @everyone?
    Agree on martin

Wdym extend the day phase? How can we do that?

27. ISO #177

28. ISO #178

Quote Originally Posted by scumbot5679 View Post
    I don't really remember him hyperposting like that as scum or lulz claiming mafia. Both of those are 8 out of 10 times town though I prob own the game a reread.

@scumbot5679

Let's set aside all the things we've discussed about each other and our previous game. I'd like to hear your thoughts on others here. I understand that you view both me and yourself as town. Do you have any comments on Martin's voting patterns or posts, for instance?

If it's difficult, let me simplify the process for you:

Please give me 3 names that you would nominate if you were chosen for chop today. I'd also like to know if you would adhere to a consensus list for tomorrow if one were provided.

29. ISO #179

30. ISO #180

31. ISO #181

Yeah

If this is about Litten's smalltown game, I kinda found it fun mostly, but I understand how awful it must have felt for you near the end. Town was completely lost because of a misclear and half the slots afk. You have done great though, I enjoyed you tryharding there

32. ISO #182

Agree on martin

Wdym extend the day phase? How can we do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by powerofdeath View Post

Special Mechanics:

IN AN EVENT OF A TIE, the person who is first of the tied players in the list of 3 names will die. Make sure when making a list to put them in order in consideration of this. Ties on Day 1 will extend until the first moment the tie get broken.

Rules:

You must post at least five times every 24 hours. You will receive 1 warning, and will be replaced if this happen the second time. If you posted 0 times in 24 hours, its immediate replacement without warning. In an event of a replacement, I may extend day by 12 more hours.
    I have found two different rules stating we can get an extension.

33. ISO #183

Which game are you referring to here?
    Cyberpunk, actually, so it's pretty funny that you linked it as well.

I mean, what are you going to find out from reading that game? lol is clearly wrong here in how they analyzed me. I might have been joyful in mafia chat, and I had good laughs being teamed with lol because of their content. However, that doesn't mean I show that excitement in the thread or with other mafia players in different mafia games and chats. In fact, it is quite rare for me to enjoy mafia alignment. I am a perfectionist when it comes to randing maf and I won't get into details here. This year, I subbed out of a game because I didn't click with the people on my team, and I was frustrated that I couldn't pay much time to the game, so I was out after D1 ended. Here is a link to it: I don't need the stars to align, but when the stakes are low or the game isn't enjoyable, I am not going to put up with it tolerate it, and I don't mind losing in the end. Mini-Fooling Party where I subbed in is a great example. If I had won the 50% 50% mechanical check in the end, I would have won the game.
    Basically everything you've written here already answers your question and speaks for the sort of stuff that I'll look out for when I read some of your old wolf games.

The difference is that self meta isn't a reliable way to deduce these things (in fact, I'd go so far as to say that self meta is notoriously unreliable). The most accurate way to work these things out is to look directly at the games in question and read them yourself without getting an account of said meta filtered through a source that is generally going to be very biased.

So, what in your view makes a game "good"? @Vittae
    I deliberately leave the definition of what I'm looking for vague when asking for games, largely so that the person in question gives me the ones that fit their criteria of good instead of one that fits a checklist.

Generally, I want to see a wolf game or games that show the upper bound of a player's wolf range that has been demonstrated semi-recently (one where they were active, in good health, performed well, etc). For town games, I care most about recency and high enough effort levels.

34. ISO #184

35. ISO #185

hmm we can look into extending the day and we should probably bring together a list of nominations for scumbot
    Aorn I'd be looking at something like:

Scumbot
    Varcron
    Scarlet
    MM

As my nominations (naming four because I'm including whoever gets voted).

Ikarus is in the same tier as those 0-posting slots but I'd tiebreak him out of the shortlist for at least having given a genuine reason for his absence.

Obviously that's dependent on if the 0 posts / content slots show up or not though.

36. ISO #186

37. ISO #187

38. ISO #188

I dont get how this tie thing works

I understand "put them in order" but im not parsing whats written at how its resolved
    Does it take into account all of our lists? And it gets stalled infinitely until a player breaks it? But since this is done privately the mafia can instantly break it, no?

39. ISO #189

40. ISO #190

41. ISO #191

42. ISO #192

Does it take into account all of our lists? And it gets stalled infinitely until a player breaks it? But since this is done privately the mafia can instantly break it, no?
    I don't believe that user submitted lists apply until D2+.

Basically, ties will, by the letter of the rules, indefinitely stall the game and lead to an infinite duration D1 if everyone agrees not to tiebreak.

(Although I'm working under the assumption that exploiting this loophole is breaking the rules unless told otherwise so I wouldn't cross your fingers on an extension).

43. ISO #193

Sorry guys but im still really tilted at my last game and im biased to view this one cynically. Im not helping by doom and gloom posting. If im proven wrong and ppl post more and/or we catch a wolf - great! I welcome being carried. If not -im not getting burned like last time

44. ISO #194

I don't believe that user submitted lists apply until D2+.

Basically, ties will, by the letter of the rules, indefinitely stall the game and lead to an infinite duration D1 if everyone agrees not to tiebreak.

(Although I'm working under the assumption that exploiting this loophole is breaking the rules unless told otherwise so I wouldn't cross your fingers on an extension).
    Oh

I love breaking games that hosts have carefully spent time designing. Thats the fun of it. Can we do it pls pls pls. We can be the longest game of mafia in history. 1 year dayphase if everyone agrees. Im down. Later on my children will sub in for me and carry on my legacy

45. ISO #195

46. ISO #196

47. ISO #197

Cyberpunk, actually, so it's pretty funny that you linked it as well.

Basically everything you've written here already answers your question and speaks for the sort of stuff that I'll look out for when I read some of your old wolf games.

The difference is that self meta isn't a reliable way to deduce these things (in fact, I'd go so far as to say that self meta is notoriously unreliable). The most accurate way to work these things out is to look directly at the games in question and read them yourself without getting an account of said meta filtered through a source that is generally going to be very biased.
    I agree that self meta reads can be unreliable. I would argue for even more unreliability when it's not self-meta, especially as mafia. It's likely closer to a 60/70% accuracy ratio in the global community.

lol is an example. I hoped for them to have a different experience here compared to FoL and MU. People tend to misread him more than they should since he is more of a turbo player who had a long streak of mafia rands a while back.

I deliberately leave the definition of what I'm looking for vague when asking for games, largely so that the person in question gives me the ones that fit their criteria of good instead of one that fits a checklist.

Generally, I want to see a wolf game or games that show the upper bound of a player's wolf range that has been demonstrated semi-recently (one where they were active, in good health, performed well, etc). For town games, I care most about recency and high enough effort levels.

Do you have a "good" game I can take a look at? Outside of sc2mafia

48. ISO #198

Aorn I'd be looking at something like:

Scumbot
    Varcron
    Scarlet
    MM

As my nominations (naming four because I'm including whoever gets voted).

Ikarus is in the same tier as those 0-posting slots but I'd tiebreak him out of the shortlist for at least having given a genuine reason for his absence.

Obviously that's dependent on if the 0 posts / content slots show up or not though.
    I dont get how this tie thing works

I understand "put them in order" but im not parsing whats written at how its resolved

Basically, it is in our best interest to maintain a tie in D1 votes until every player has made a certain number of posts, making sure that we have a clear plan for D2 and D3.

I'd be okay with anyone being tied with scumbot. We just need to ensure that this mechanical advantage is communicated to everyone to prevent hammers.

49. ISO #199

50. ISO #200