S-FM 167: Standard - Page 5
Register

User Tag List

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #201

Re: S-FM 167: Standard

How are mafia the only ones to benefit from a lynch when it gives town information on potential buddying, distancing, bussing, role/ alignment, voting patterns/ reasoning and other general reactions to a lynch? Do you consider all of that to be useless?

I am 100% on Toadette's side with lynching. Regardless of my alignment, I always push for Day 1 lynches. End of story.

The reason I voted Mikecall is because he was online, not because I have a 'grudge' against him (wouldn't make sense as I don't know him) and I wanted to start off the game by pressuring someone. This would - naturally - lead to information by how he reacted to the vote. The fact that he was, as I recall, the only person I could see online meant that he would be more likely to respond quickly and get a discussion going sooner. Just by starting off the game with a vote, I discovered two sheep votes. That's infinitely better than just going 'hai guyz' or trolling.

If I had voted someone like Suntax, on the other hand, the chances of him actually responding at all would have been slim and time would have been wasted. This is obvious, so the fact that I have to explain this to Mikecall/ POD when they are experienced players strikes me as suspicious as I would assume they would already know this.

As it stands, my vote started out as a generic pressure vote to get the game going. The fact that Mikecall's main reaction was to call me scummy for wanting information and then voted me largely because I voted him (correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that class as OMGUS?) makes me think I lucked onto a scum Day 1.

Favourite comments include his claim that 'all 3 mafia voted him at once' (which strikes me as needlessly arrogant); the accusation that I want a 'random lynch' (I'm voting to get information and see reactions - he is failing at that at the moment); his post at Iced where he claims day 1 votes are a valid way of getting information...even though when I did exactly that, he voted me (hypocrisy).

Mike, if you want to help your town cred, I'd suggest posting some reads that DON'T revolve around me (much as I'm flattered ;D). Since you're currently up for the lynch, I don't consider this optional for you. Any old Townie McTownison can manage that, eh?

Zekrom and Toadette, I see you're reading, so you can do the same as you haven't posted any detailed posts.

Actually, you know what this game could do with? Some town reads of the active players. I'll be posting an overview of mine in a few hours, I suggest everyone does the same.

2. ISO #202

Ah hello comrades it seems like shit is already going down in general my thoughts on a day 1 lynch are transferred between yes and no as there are pros and cons for both but at this momemt I think we should have a lynch day since we have the majority even if we lose a town we still have majority even if it's a lower majority but in a case we could kill a scrub.
    to regards on who were voting we should pressure the non contributors or the heavy but scummy contributors but in General we should watch out for wifom in low contributors and General sleeping,bussing and buddying who are usually scrub trying to keep light off them.

3. ISO #203

Quote Originally Posted by Suntax View Post
    Ah hello comrades it seems like shit is already going down in general my thoughts on a day 1 lynch are transferred between yes and no as there are pros and cons for both but at this momemt I think we should have a lynch day since we have the majority even if we lose a town we still have majority even if it's a lower majority but in a case we could kill a scrub.
    to regards on who were voting we should pressure the non contributors or the heavy but scummy contributors but in General we should watch out for wifom in low contributors and General sleeping,bussing and buddying who are usually scrub trying to keep light off them.
    Do you have a list of people who would - in your eyes - fall under the categories you listed? Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

4. ISO #204

Quote Originally Posted by Calix View Post
    Do you have a list of people who would - in your eyes - fall under the categories you listed? Your thoughts would be much appreciated.
    There can only be 2 or scenarios I can think off which would happen if I got lynched
    You would start the game with a possibility of 2 or more deaths, if there was a mass murderer and the mafia kill being presented, this would cause us to lose 3 townies, or 1 neutral/Mafia and 2 towns straight away
    Not getting me lynched would result in the town being in a more powerful position, having 1 or more towns killed, but we would know what type of style everyone is playing, also can tell us who contributed to the chat and who doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarknessB View Post
    Not even Mikecall reads Mikecall as Town. :)

5. ISO #205

The reasoning I targeted you Calix was because you started the bus train on me, for the poor case of saying, oh he was online, let's get him. If I wasn't online, what would have done? Wait for me to be on so you can start the train on me?
    But on another note, what I am saying is, maybe you are not Mafia, but I didn't like he people who steeped onto me, just smelt of scum written over it.

6. ISO #206

7. ISO #207

In General yuki has had little to no contribution during the time along with zephox whtever his name is has had quite a low contribution rate
    on the the other side rlvg and ika have contributed but to me give off a scummy vibes and in the case of icee he has said some scummy thongs such as the thoughts on no day one lynch but in any case everyone else gives off a neutral vibe to me

Edit-mikecall has a scummy argument on the idea of the sheep vote on him as in the end it was not going to follow through it was all a case of checking in for him and pressure on day 1 to find what his thoughts were.

8. ISO #208

You're assuming that the Mass Murderer is a) in the game and b) competent enough to kill a town Night 1. I'm not so convinced that Mass Murderer will kill if he exists, since the only obvious target is POD in my eyes.

Hypothetically speaking, let's say we don't end up lynching you. Voting you is still a valid way of making you reveal information in order to inform PTRs, especially as the odds of you being scum are 5/13 and the number of pro-town things you have done can be counted on one hand.

Do you agree to post a list of your reads with reasoning? I'd prefer not to lynch a town and you're not my only suspect, so if you could post more of your thoughts, you could convince others to change their votes away from you, eh? There's still 16 or so hours left if I recall the day ending time correctly.

If you weren't online, I would have waited until someone from this game was online and vote them to get a reaction. I was not expecting to keep my vote on you as long as I have and I'm slightly irritated that my vote was wasted in this way. You're operating under the impression that I want you - and only you - lynched. That only applies if you continue to act in a scummy fashion.

I agree that Iced/ POD's sheep-voting is in poor taste. You can imagine my surprise when I woke up to see such an obvious scum tactic performed by two players.

Suntax, if you had to vote for anyone today, who would you pick and why? Also, if you had to pick 3 towns at this moment in time, who would you pick and why?

9. ISO #209

Wait, speaking of POD and Mass Murderers, I wonder if POD is actually a Mass Murderer who is trying to draw in investigative roles to kill. Mass Murderers can self-target, so it's a possibility. It would explain his unusually abrasive posts.

Host, if nobody visits the Mass Murderer's target, what would happen? Would they only kill the target or would they not kill at all?

10. ISO #210

You're assuming that the Mass Murderer is a) in the game and b) competent enough to kill a town Night 1. I'm not so convinced that Mass Murderer will kill if he exists, since the only obvious target is POD in my eyes.

Hypothetically speaking, let's say we don't end up lynching you. Voting you is still a valid way of making you reveal information in order to inform PTRs, especially as the odds of you being scum are 5/13 and the number of pro-town things you have done can be counted on one hand.

Do you agree to post a list of your reads with reasoning? I'd prefer not to lynch a town and you're not my only suspect, so if you could post more of your thoughts, you could convince others to change their votes away from you, eh? There's still 16 or so hours left if I recall the day ending time correctly.

If you weren't online, I would have waited until someone from this game was online and vote them to get a reaction. I was not expecting to keep my vote on you as long as I have and I'm slightly irritated that my vote was wasted in this way. You're operating under the impression that I want you - and only you - lynched. That only applies if you continue to act in a scummy fashion.

I agree that Iced/ POD's sheep-voting is in poor taste. You can imagine my surprise when I woke up to see such an obvious scum tactic performed by two players.

Suntax, if you had to vote for anyone today, who would you pick and why? Also, if you had to pick 3 towns at this moment in time, who would you pick and why?
    fair enough it's your readings, the only reason I actually was so focuses into the train was because from what you said in your 5th paragraph with both iced and pod randomly sheeping me which really made me question why they would do that, however, even when you started that specific vote on me, that really made me question on your reasoning behind it, even if I didn't like how they approached it, both iced and pod if given a chance, would of followed your bussed vote anyways, even if I wasn't online to see it.

With the mass murderer business, I am just assuming that if we did have a mass murderer for example, we would end up with more deaths than we could of done. I was only showing that using the day for pressure and maybe doing a lynch if he felt like he was too scum to be that specific role, it would generalise on what roles are possible and confirming it from others.

11. ISO #211

How are mafia the only ones to benefit from a lynch when it gives town information on potential buddying, distancing, bussing, role/ alignment, voting patterns/ reasoning and other general reactions to a lynch? Do you consider all of that to be useless?

I am 100% on Toadette's side with lynching. Regardless of my alignment, I always push for Day 1 lynches. End of story.

The reason I voted Mikecall is because he was online, not because I have a 'grudge' against him (wouldn't make sense as I don't know him) and I wanted to start off the game by pressuring someone. This would - naturally - lead to information by how he reacted to the vote. The fact that he was, as I recall, the only person I could see online meant that he would be more likely to respond quickly and get a discussion going sooner. Just by starting off the game with a vote, I discovered two sheep votes. That's infinitely better than just going 'hai guyz' or trolling.

If I had voted someone like Suntax, on the other hand, the chances of him actually responding at all would have been slim and time would have been wasted. This is obvious, so the fact that I have to explain this to Mikecall/ POD when they are experienced players strikes me as suspicious as I would assume they would already know this.

As it stands, my vote started out as a generic pressure vote to get the game going. The fact that Mikecall's main reaction was to call me scummy for wanting information and then voted me largely because I voted him (correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that class as OMGUS?) makes me think I lucked onto a scum Day 1.

Favourite comments include his claim that 'all 3 mafia voted him at once' (which strikes me as needlessly arrogant); the accusation that I want a 'random lynch' (I'm voting to get information and see reactions - he is failing at that at the moment); his post at Iced where he claims day 1 votes are a valid way of getting information...even though when I did exactly that, he voted me (hypocrisy).

Mike, if you want to help your town cred, I'd suggest posting some reads that DON'T revolve around me (much as I'm flattered ;D). Since you're currently up for the lynch, I don't consider this optional for you. Any old Townie McTownison can manage that, eh?

Zekrom and Toadette, I see you're reading, so you can do the same as you haven't posted any detailed posts.

Actually, you know what this game could do with? Some town reads of the active players. I'll be posting an overview of mine in a few hours, I suggest everyone does the same.
    But most of what you said, I agree.
    -unvote

12. ISO #212

Quote Originally Posted by Mikecall View Post
    fair enough it's your readings, the only reason I actually was so focuses into the train was because from what you said in your 5th paragraph with both iced and pod randomly sheeping me which really made me question why they would do that, however, even when you started that specific vote on me, that really made me question on your reasoning behind it, even if I didn't like how they approached it, both iced and pod if given a chance, would of followed your bussed vote anyways, even if I wasn't online to see it.

With the mass murderer business, I am just assuming that if we did have a mass murderer for example, we would end up with more deaths than we could of done. I was only showing that using the day for pressure and maybe doing a lynch if he felt like he was too scum to be that specific role, it would generalise on what roles are possible and confirming it from others.
    Before I answer this post, allow me to put this question in a different colour: Do you agree to post your reads?

You are avoiding this question with every post and while I can think of a litany of reasons as to why, none of them are pro-town.

Your reasoning for not lynching you is generic and applies to every player here. Why shouldn't we lynch YOU? Why do we need YOU? If you are town, why are you allowing the discussion to be centered around YOU when your objective is to find scum? Your behaviour is the opposite of what a town should be doing. Furthermore, you claim you don't want to lynch because of the kills...but that applies for every night. Using the logic of 'but the mafia and MM might kill 3 towns' we wouldn't ever lynch. Today is actually the second-best time to lynch (second only to the 2nd day in my opinion) because it's when every town can contribute.

I know you've unvoted me now, but if you really didn't want a lynch, why would you vote me in the first place instead of just questioning me first?

I'm not sure what your point is with your last sentence; could you clarify please?

13. ISO #213

14. ISO #214

In General yuki has had little to no contribution during the time along with zephox whtever his name is has had quite a low contribution rate
    on the the other side rlvg and ika have contributed but to me give off a scummy vibes and in the case of icee he has said some scummy thongs such as the thoughts on no day one lynch but in any case everyone else gives off a neutral vibe to me

Edit-mikecall has a scummy argument on the idea of the sheep vote on him as in the end it was not going to follow through it was all a case of checking in for him and pressure on day 1 to find what his thoughts were.
    Am town confirmed c)o.o)c

v)o.o)^
    A rare Yuki in ultimate form

Yukitaka Oni ~Tafkal Hit Squad Member~

15. ISO #215

Quote Originally Posted by Yukitaka Oni View Post
    Well. Skip day 1
    -unvote

Doc on me
    Do you have anything of value to contribute? This post almost takes the prize for being the most useless post this game has seen. I'd prefer your emoticons to skipping a lynch day and giving absolutely no reads whatsoever.

16. ISO #216

Do you have anything of value to contribute? This post almost takes the prize for being the most useless post this game has seen. I'd prefer your emoticons to skipping a lynch day and giving absolutely no reads whatsoever.
    It's ok. Just skip with me v(o.o(< the game start day 2

v)o.o)^

17. ISO #217

Well now. That only answers the question, why only around me, why would I have so much fond of wanting to find out, well who knows, maybe there is a bigger scheme for lynching me that you wouldn't know about, maybe my posts are all over the place, but do they piece together to make a clearer picture, maybe I must try and make you understand what I was trying to achieve from this,

Ever since the first post to now, I have been keeping a close eye on what you have been posting and what you are trying to get across, same with pod and ice, you 3 caught my eye since the lynch on me was to allow the distancing the other members, so I wanted to see how much attention that I was trying to get across just so I can tell who has been voting me and what accusations they had, and from this, you, frog, ice, pod have really fell into a trap. A scum trap I would of said,

But ever since the latest posts you where saying before, you where questioning my decisions and tried to prove yourself to be pro town. It also wanted me to show how pod would follow any lynch, which shows him being an pro active sheep for a town. Iced on the other hand, played a scum straight off the bat, saying he would be more active during the second day and this day for being a random lynch.

18. ISO #218

Anyways, now I bet here comes the scum post, but maybe rechecking those posts, maybe you might understand, but then again, maybe it's only me who actually thinks this actually might be a semi decent tactic, but oh well, seems it would function.

19. ISO #219

20. ISO #220

21. ISO #221

Well now. That only answers the question, why only around me, why would I have so much fond of wanting to find out, well who knows, maybe there is a bigger scheme for lynching me that you wouldn't know about, maybe my posts are all over the place, but do they piece together to make a clearer picture, maybe I must try and make you understand what I was trying to achieve from this,

Ever since the first post to now, I have been keeping a close eye on what you have been posting and what you are trying to get across, same with pod and ice, you 3 caught my eye since the lynch on me was to allow the distancing the other members, so I wanted to see how much attention that I was trying to get across just so I can tell who has been voting me and what accusations they had, and from this, you, frog, ice, pod have really fell into a trap. A scum trap I would of said,

But ever since the latest posts you where saying before, you where questioning my decisions and tried to prove yourself to be pro town. It also wanted me to show how pod would follow any lynch, which shows him being an pro active sheep for a town. Iced on the other hand, played a scum straight off the bat, saying he would be more active during the second day and this day for being a random lynch.
    Alright, you are officially NOT giving any reads on any of the other 11 players, not even a list. Really, what do you have to gain from that if you are town? Tunneling four players with no consideration for the other players is a terrible strategy.

Oh god, you're honestly claiming that this was all a huge gambit...on Day 1? Really now? I've had it up to my eyeballs with POD's potential gambiting, I don't need this bullshit on top of that.

Just as an aside, I hate big, fancy gambits with a burning passion. They rarely help out town and just enable scum, as you are proving right now. So no, my initial impressions of this 'tactic' are that it's utter bollocks.

But go on, do tell us how you have somehow discovered not one, but FOUR scum with this elite-tier gambit.

I will concede that you have been paying particular attention to POD, Frog and I (speaking of Frog, that's another scab I've yet to deal with), so I'd like to see your conclusions from that.

Mikecall, there is no universe in which the line of thought 'all 3 scum outed themselves to get rid of me' is not said in an incredibly pompous and self-involved way.

22. ISO #222

23. ISO #223

Are you sure with that last point that it happened? I remember a week ago, yeah, I know, a week, such a long time, that I managed to spot the Mafia through a guilty vote that happened to me before, even if I was trolling and not paying attention, it happened and was actually surprised by the outcome, so don't think it's out of the universe that it won't be able to happen. Because in my eyes, it's actually possible.

24. ISO #224

25. ISO #225

Are you sure with that last point that it happened? I remember a week ago, yeah, I know, a week, such a long time, that I managed to spot the Mafia through a guilty vote that happened to me before, even if I was trolling and not paying attention, it happened and was actually surprised by the outcome, so don't think it's out of the universe that it won't be able to happen. Because in my eyes, it's actually possible.
    I regret to inform you that your post does not make much sense, seeing as you are trying to accuse four players, not one. Claiming that the entire mafia would vote you is arrogance, simple as that. Maybe one of your mafia members is on the train and your repeated assertions that there's a scum on the train is your way of trying to bus one of them, but that's a fleeting thought - how would you respond?

Furthermore, your insinuation that I'm disregarding votes entirely is inaccurate.

I'm not sure why you have ignored the rest of my post just to respond to a side comment I made. It's almost like you're scared of making a scum slip if you try to make detailed, coherent responses to my questions.

If you're not going to give any more information than a bunch of implications, then that's that as far as lynching will go.

26. ISO #226

27. ISO #227

28. ISO #228

29. ISO #229

And yeah, yeah, just try and show me that I am scum and everything, and showing I am OMGUS scenario, because that's what you are blatantly been showing in your posts, oh, you got nothing of value to the town, your ignorance and tolerance are nothing to be town, you are an easy target to be lynched cause of your inability to convince town, yeah I know what you are doing, you are trying to act pro town so you can make it so you can make the vote lead one way or another, yeah I have seen that before.

30. ISO #230

And Calix, if you know Mafia so much ,you should know what role I am soft claiming, if not claiming,
    You do realise that this is my first game, right? I hate to bang on about this, but it seems like the length of my posts has made me look more of a professional player than I actually am.

If you're going to accuse me of being mafia, could you possibly provide more evidence than 'she voted me first thing, must be scum' please? What have I said that can be considered scummy? I will welcome an ISO on me, so take your best shot.

Why would I put words into your mouth as to what role you are? You're the one defending yourself here, don't expect me to help you when you've ignored my suggestion of POSTING READS TO THE TOWN, AKA, THE EASIEST WAY OF HELPING TOWN EVER. How do I know you won't just latch onto what I think as your official claim?

And your last post? You should be a comedian because it's hilarious. You're blaming me...for poking holes in your own shit defense. LMAO, what do I even say to that? 'sorree 4 tryin 2 determine wherever U R scum or not so lemme give u a pass'

31. ISO #231

32. ISO #232

33. ISO #233

34. ISO #234

35. ISO #235

I don't see why you can't just, I don't know, post your Last Will or any kind of insight into the other players before we lynch you.

On the bright side, the other players have a better idea of my posting style and thoughts and such, so Page 5 isn't entirely useless.

36. ISO #236

37. ISO #237

"Zephox", well, close enough I wonder why Mike suddenly takes offense, he is basically saying: "Just lynch me and lynch Calix after I flipped town. It doesn't matter what I'm saying anyways".
    Made in China

38. ISO #238

39. ISO #239

40. ISO #240

Quote Originally Posted by Zekrom2802 View Post
    "Zephox", well, close enough I wonder why Mike suddenly takes offense, he is basically saying: "Just lynch me and lynch Calix after I flipped town. It doesn't matter what I'm saying anyways".
    Plot twist: Jester

v)o.o)^

41. ISO #241

Quote Originally Posted by Yukitaka Oni View Post
    Plot twist: Jester
    Nah, he is of course my scum partner, like pod said at the start of the day!

Quote Originally Posted by powerofdeath View Post
    Teld is probably neutral. Based on the calculation of 84 suns and the square root of a football field.

Frog and Calix are very strong town. I predict that scums will probably target them night 1 or 2.

RLVG will be active anti town for various reasons based on algorithms by Teld.

Yukitaka Oni is a power role that is trying to lurk and avoid attention. Probably doctor or something.

Zekrom2802 and Mikecall will be the two obvious scums.

Iced_Monopoly is probably a bored citizen.

Toadette is also a citizen but isnt bored at all.

TDL is the second neutral.

Suntax is the last scum, but he will be really good at hiding among the town.
    As you can see you are lurking all the time.
    Made in China

42. ISO #242

43. ISO #243

Quote Originally Posted by Zekrom2802 View Post
    Nah, he is of course my scum partner, like pod said at the start of the day!

As you can see you are lurking all the time.
    He is of course my scum partner
    - Jew, you steal jewels again v)o.o)>? Say Nein please!

v)o.o)^

44. ISO #244

Thank you for this life-saving information.

Thoughts on the Page 5 debacle? Or on any of the accusations made during the day?
    Well, In my point of view you asked mike multiple times to give any reads, so that he differentiates from the other possible pressure targets and that his train slowly stops, but he tried to completely avoid that question, which is scummy in my opinion. At the end of your "argument" he stopped to defend himself at all, just saying "It doesn't matter what I'm saying anyways, get Calix after I flipped town". Well, I'm not really good in giving reads, so sorry for that.
    Made in China

45. ISO #245

46. ISO #246

47. ISO #247

I would vote yuki on the fact she has contributed not a single spec of information or analysis what so sever
    As for town reads I can only mention 2 as of this time which is you calix because in spite of all you have contributed and led most analysis I can read off and obviously scum can do the same but it's just a town thing to do
    secondly most likely zekrom because even though he is messing and not contribute as much as I would like he still contributes interesting and vital analysis we need to break the missing link but all it takes is full concentration on analysis and he is a valued town read

48. ISO #248

I would vote yuki on the fact she has contributed not a single spec of information or analysis what so sever
    As for town reads I can only mention 2 as of this time which is you calix because in spite of all you have contributed and led most analysis I can read off and obviously scum can do the same but it's just a town thing to do
    secondly most likely zekrom because even though he is messing and not contribute as much as I would like he still contributes interesting and vital analysis we need to break the missing link but all it takes is full concentration on analysis and he is a valued town read
    My "analysis" wasn't that contributing and interesting at all in my opinion, to Yuki: I bet that's just his way of playing, I basícally did the same in S-FM The Black War and Toadette almost policy lynched me.
    Made in China

49. ISO #249

Breaking news: lots of people think Yuki is a girl v)o.o)^ but the Jew think yuki is a guy! Which one is true??? >)o.o)> <(o.o(< could be yuki gay or both? We will be back with more breaking news! v)o.o)^!

v)o.o)^

50. ISO #250

Yuki: But it's Day 1! Absolutely nothing can be gleaned from Day 1, which is why forum games with no investigative roles can never lynch scum Day 1! I'll be useful on Day 2!!!!!1!11!1wun!1!1

Do people not already have the rest of the forum to shit-post? Trolling and lurking = boring as shit game.

I think we should pressure Yuki a bit if they don't straighten themselves out tomorrow.

You think Zekrom is the 2nd most pro-town player? This is the sort of thing most players would not assume. What precisely do you think is incisive about what he's said so far?

Also, what are your thoughts on Toadette/ RLVG's contributions so far? They've been fairly curt in their responses, so there's some leeway for interpretation.