M-FM XXIV Civilization Gamethread - Page 43
Register

User Tag List

View Poll Results: PLAYER'S CHOICE AWARD!

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4pics1word/Noctiz

1 11.11%
  • Piano Tiles/Ika

0 0%
  • Bloons TD/Louiswill

0 0%
  • Words with Friends/Titus

2 22.22%
  • SnapChat/Banshis

0 0%
  • Fall Down/Helios

0 0%
  • iFunny/xRavenx

0 0%
  • Candy Crush Saga/Bahkieh

1 11.11%
  • QuizUp/Fontisian

0 0%
  • Tapatalk/Gyver

1 11.11%
  • Cut the Rope/MathBlade

0 0%
  • Flappy Bird/ThinkLiveLife

0 0%
  • Instagram/42shadow42

0 0%
  • Temple Run/Fatalis

0 0%
  • Angry Birds/Suzanne

0 0%
  • Clash of Clans/Citrus

0 0%
  • 2048/Apocist

0 0%
  • Vine/Nicole

0 0%
  • Kik/Gerik

4 44.44%
  • Fruit Ninja/deathworlds

0 0%
Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,150 of 2203
  1. ISO #2101

2. ISO #2102

3. ISO #2103

Re: M-FM Civilization

Quote Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja View Post
    Town lynch = sk kills warmonger, sk wins
    SK lynch = warmonger kills town. Warmonger wins
    Warmonger lynch = SK kills town, SK wins
    No lynch = SK attacks town or mafia, SK or mafia wins.

IDK who to lynch.
    Your understand the fact that all 4 can also end with them attacking you? That's why there needs to be lynch today.

4. ISO #2104

5. ISO #2105

6. ISO #2106

7. ISO #2107

8. ISO #2108

9. ISO #2109

10. ISO #2110

11. ISO #2111

12. ISO #2112

13. ISO #2113

14. ISO #2114

15. ISO #2115

16. ISO #2116

17. ISO #2117

18. ISO #2118

19. ISO #2119

Quote Originally Posted by Kik View Post
    It doesn't look like a lynch is happening, so can we just skip day instead of waiting another 9 hours? I'll wait if I must, but it seems like a waste of time.
    Were gonna wait. I am on break atm but I would like to talk with you before day is over will you be on in about 4 and half hrs? I have a proposition for you as well if your SK.

20. ISO #2120

21. ISO #2121

22. ISO #2122

23. ISO #2123

24. ISO #2124

I am Indeed.
    kik, heres my offer, im technacly in a position to lose, however i can cause you to lose also.

ToNight: I am not going to kill. Therfor you have the option of
    A) killing me
    B) killing town
    C) killing neutral
    D) no action

Heres what Happens in each

A) kill me= SK,Town,Neutral. Where Neutral can betray you if he dosn't change
    B) kill town= SK, Me, Neutral. Same situation but with me.
    C) kill neutral= SK, Me, Town. King's game where Town decides who wins.
    D) no action = we just sit here again....

So the question is, do you want to leave it up to luck of the neutral? Or the luck of town?

2048/Ninja: Don't spoil who you would side with in this scenario. I like to build anticipation.

So kik, your move (BTW im fairly confident i know who you are now)

25. ISO #2125

26. ISO #2126

You cannot cause me to lose. If town (204 were to go along with that plan and lynch me, he would not be able to trust that you would not simply kill tonight and ensure your win, so I doubt he would go for that plan. And even if he did trust you, Fruit Ninja (assuming his win condition has not yet changed) could win with either of you, and I'm willing to bet he would side with mafia over town. I'm just guessing now, but I'm fairly sure that 2048 would agree with this assessment (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, 204.

27. ISO #2127

You cannot cause me to lose. If town ( 2048 ) were to go along with that plan and lynch me, he would not be able to trust that you would not simply kill tonight and ensure your win, so I doubt he would go for that plan. And even if he did trust you, Fruit Ninja (assuming his win condition has not yet changed) could win with either of you, and I'm willing to bet he would side with mafia over town. I'm just guessing now, but I'm fairly sure that 2048 would agree with this assessment (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, 2048 ).
    Damn smilies... Fixed.

28. ISO #2128

Well its 100% true b/c i have negative happiness right now so it is impossible for me to do a factional kill.

Warmongers: If anyone on your team is at or above 3 Unhappiness, the Warmongers may not perform a factional night kill.
    I have been running just about all of them so i am at -3 atm. I was not checking my happiness and recently found this out.

29. ISO #2129

30. ISO #2130

I see no reason why your word on that would be any more trustworthy than anything else you say. But even if it was, like I said, it's pretty obvious who the neutral would side with between scum and town.

Quote Originally Posted by Piano Tiles View Post
    Otherwise we just have an endgame where you will lose.
    We shall see.

31. ISO #2131

32. ISO #2132

33. ISO #2133

*sighs* I hate these kinda endings... Piano, I am going to decide to let Fruit Ninja to have the final say since he is after all the neutral party.

I all honesty, I doubt you will not take an action tonight because that could possible go against your win condition by lower your chances to win.

If you will still go with the gentleman's game of letting the Researcher make the call then, all game. That is what I am going with.

Overall everyone, take say this was quite a good game, but it certainly kept me busy.

-vote Kik

34. ISO #2134

35. ISO #2135

CRISIS AVERTED....?

The day was long and hard; every leader was at their end. Political repercussions demolished each of their reputations and left no hope for them to come out of this war in power.

So Kik drank and drank himself to the brink of insanity. He could barely walk or speak now. Nuclear shells were raining on his capital city. All he could do was lay back and remember.

Remember all of those premeditated murders. Remember how he cut the head off of Quizup and BloonsTD as they were screaming and pleading for mercy.

The thoughts of his murders snapped him back to reality. He had a job to do, and it wasn't completed yet. He was in Korea, looking to end the Researcher's studies. Without technology, the world would have to come to an end. He grinned an evil grin, and picked up his bottle to continue the task.

It took about an hour to find him. The coward. All he had was his stupid books and precious little experiments. Kik shots the beakers around the lab as the Researcher began to beg for his life. He paid no mind to the incoherent sobs coming from his victim's mouth as he took one last gulp before aiming the gun.

A shot rang out -- but it wasn't from his gun. Kik felt the bite of the cold steel on his back, and it was the adrenaline that gave him strength to turn around. Wu Zetian had shot him in the back. Before he could react or say anything, she emptied the rest of the clip into him.

He hit the ground the same time as his bottle.

Kik was lynched. His role was Doomsday Killer.

Night will end when hosts receive night actions and finish the Epilogue. Most likely 1-2 hours from now.

36. ISO #2136

EPILOGUE - A NEW PEACE

With the body of the DDK on the floor, both Wu Zetian and Sejong began to calm down for the first time since the war. Suddenly, Sejong began to have spasms and writhe all over the floor. He began shrieking maniacally, as if he was a Jester.

Wu didn't know what to do. Sejong then stood up with a grin and a shard of broken glass from the DDK's bottle.
    "DDK is love," he says. "DDK is life."
    He raised the shard to slit her throat but his head let out a mighty roar as it evaporated and sprayed blood everywhere.

Wu looked up. Atilla had come to her rescue. She began to thank him profusely, but he stared back silently. His stare was burning fear back into her, as he whispered "This is my world."

He raised the shotgun and finished his job.

Fruit Ninja was rekt last night by Atilla. His role was Jester.
    Wu Zetian was endgame'd by Atilla. His role was Peaceful.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE MAFIA FOR WINNING MFM 23: 4PICS1WORD, PIANO TILES, BLOONS TD, WORDS WITH FRIENDS

AWARDS CEREMONY!

MVP goes to Kik/Gerik! Traditionally, MVP is divided into Most Valuable Town and Most Valuable Scum in MFMS and FMS. But what if I told you this game's MVP was both? Kik, you are unanimously voted MVP for wrecking face in the day chat and keeping a perfect equilibrium of scum/town ratios in the night. You would have won were it not for a mistake on your ally's part. Nonetheless, you played amazingly well and it was a pleasure to read your thoughts at night.

DOUBLEPLUSGOOD goes to Candy Crush Saga/Bahkieh! We all know the Mayor is a confirmable role. Hit the switch, PM the hosts, whatever, and you're now known to the entire Town as a good guy. Candy Crush Saga decided that level of confirmation wasn't enough and he decided to stack up all of his productions into the ETC project in order to get a chance to be confirmed. He was tied with 6 other people for it, so there was a less than 15% chance he'd get it. Nonetheless he took the risk and IT PAID OFF! He was confirmed Town by random.org without having to reveal himself. I considered rerolling, but that would have been unfair. He revealed himself a day later, creating a shitstorm and enraging the town, but hey at least no one thought he was scum.

THE CAST!
    Lovely hosts: Orpz and Powerofdeath

Who was your favorite player?
    Mathblade was mine, I enjoyed her play in the day chat and hearing her thoughts at night. Even though most of the scumhunting was wrong, it was the effort and activity that landed her a spot in my hosting heart.
    Last edited by King Terenas Menethil; July 5th, 2014 at 02:16 PM.

37. ISO #2137

38. ISO #2138

Also, Fruit Ninja was converted to DDK's alignment on night 2.

He was feedback blocked, so he didn't know what X was or his new alignment.

HOWEVER, it was entirely possible to figure out because he had chosen to target 3 people that night, and he was feedback blocked, meaning the Drug Dealer visited him, making X at least 4.

39. ISO #2139

Quote Originally Posted by Piano Tiles View Post
    I kept my promise to not kill 2048 and I also let the neutral decide the outcome...

He decided this game by dying...
    Yeah 2048 was stupid to trust you. It was an obvious lie. I had more than -3 happiness and I killed every single night, not to mention the double kills. And 2048 should've known that even if you were telling the truth, there's no way he would win. I consider that borderline gamethrowing.

And the researcher actually was on my side, and the hosts made it obvious to him that this was the case, but he still voted against me...

So I basically lost because of a double gamethrow. Fantastic.

40. ISO #2140

41. ISO #2141

42. ISO #2142

This is where I absolutely disagree with the hosts here. It wound up not mattering but FN should have been aligned with the warmongerers and town. We witched FN n2 which should have blocked any other visits in the setup. Thus, scum should have all got +2 happiness but the mods disagreed and said witching only works on the first action despite no indication in the setup.

Kik's play was very good. I can't blame him for reacting the way he did. His ally didn't know he was his ally.

This game was lost for the town when they didn't lynch Fruit Ninja. Giving Kik 2 KPN repeatedly cuz derp was insane. It also made the game much shorter than intended probably.

43. ISO #2143

Town MVP: Clash of Clans, he did a pretty good job of solving the game. He had most of the scum as scum by the time he died but he had 4pics as town.
    Scum MVP: Piano Tiles, he subtly guided Cut the Rope to mislynches knowing her com, so she'd take the heat. Well played. Needed more troll. Of course, any ika needs more troll.
    Overall MVP: Kik, Kik would have won if not for bad breaks. Of course, he had some lucky ones hitting one scum every night he had two kills. His play was objectively the best, although scum put in a good performance as well.

Town did an excellent job of eating itself with scum's help. This was another #honestscum. I figured Cut the Rope knew my com so I distanced. Turns out, she didn't but it looks organic enough.

44. ISO #2144

Thanks for hosting PoD and Orpz. 'twas a good game.

Here are some of my thoughts on the game:

I have learned from this game that I dislike the concept of a role with a dynamic win condition. I think a big part of mafia is assessing how other players will act, and in order to really do that you must know every role's win condition. The challenge then becomes figuring out which players have which roles. Having a role with an unknown win condition makes it so that even when you know the player has that role, they are still impossible to predict, which means you can't reliably plan your actions around them.

I did, however, enjoy the mechanic wherein a citizen lynch gave the sk a double kill. And no, it's not just because I was the sk . I think it was cool that the game had a mechanic which actively discouraged lynching citizens, because I've played many games in which citizens felt they had to claim power roles in order to not get mislynched because claiming citizen led to an "oh well, we won't lose much if we're wrong" kind of mentality that pushed people to lynch them anyway. So this mechanic actually made the lynch of a power role preferable in some cases, which was cool.

As to the happiness/production mechanic, it was an interesting one, but I'm not sure how much it added to the game. Even though I killed every night and performed 3 additional kills, I still would have ended the game with positive happiness if I lived another night. So any other role should have easily maintained positive happiness. I think it ended up being a gate on production spending rather than a gate on night actions. Then again, some of the production stuff was pretty powerful, so maybe that was the intention all along.

I also thought my +3 happiness perk was bit weak compared to the others (namely TPRs and Warmongers). All the other ones were useful regardless of the game state, but mine only was useful if the researcher was alive. And even then it proved useless because the researcher was publicly known on day 2. It might have been a bit better if I would also have learned his win condition/get updates on it if it changes, but it wouldn't have mattered much in this game, since every time I was about to get 3 happiness, I got a double kill and had to spend it all.

45. ISO #2145

Quote Originally Posted by Words with Friends View Post
    This is where I absolutely disagree with the hosts here. It wound up not mattering but FN should have been aligned with the warmongerers and town. We witched FN n2 which should have blocked any other visits in the setup. Thus, scum should have all got +2 happiness but the mods disagreed and said witching only works on the first action despite no indication in the setup.

Kik's play was very good. I can't blame him for reacting the way he did. His ally didn't know he was his ally.

This game was lost for the town when they didn't lynch Fruit Ninja. Giving Kik 2 KPN repeatedly cuz derp was insane. It also made the game much shorter than intended probably.
    Well, we made it similar to how witch witches the bus driver. You couldve asked us if you weren't sure.

46. ISO #2146

Oh I forgot, Honorable Mention to Fruit Ninja. Yeah you didn't know your wincon changed but you did an excellent job of playing to your wincon as you believed it to be. It was insanely difficult to live to the last day when outed as "not town".

Kik, killing me early on really nerfed scum in production. I was supposedly the face and production planner. Our production went a little haywire allowing town to pick up wonders and what not after I died.

United Nations, I'm not asking you questions about what the plain text of the rule clearly supports my position. Y'all are busy people and I throw a lot of questions, but the witch PM you used means it stops all actions by the target but for the witched action.

47. ISO #2147

Eh, I don't think the setup implies that the witch prevents the target from visiting anyone.

Witch Role card:
    At night, you may visit a player and force them to visit another player. There will be feedback for the witched. 3 usages.
    Force them to visit another player only implies that you get to make them visit one person, not that you also can prevent them from visiting other people.

48. ISO #2148

Kik, you're forgetting the common sense definition of the word "force". Forcing someone to do something naturally includes preventing them from doing what you don't want to do. It's not much "force" on a Sheriff if a witch doesn't stop the Sheriff from checking his original target. To say that a party with multiple targets still visits some of them is arbitrary and makes no sense with a role that forces others to do what it wants.

49. ISO #2149

Oh I forgot, Honorable Mention to Fruit Ninja. Yeah you didn't know your wincon changed but you did an excellent job of playing to your wincon as you believed it to be. It was insanely difficult to live to the last day when outed as "not town".
    He had all the information to know his win condition. He should have known what it was. Furthermore, I can't say I agree that he "did an excellent job" since he acted so scummy that he had to claim on day 2, then proceeded to lurk while everyone ignored him.

Kik, killing me early on really nerfed scum in production. I was supposedly the face and production planner. Our production went a little haywire allowing town to pick up wonders and what not after I died.
    Fun fact: I almost killed Quizup instead of you that night because I thought Quizup was mafia too. But in the end I figured I could get him lynched, so I decided to kill you instead.

50. ISO #2150

He had all the information to know his win condition. He should have known what it was. Furthermore, I can't say I agree that he "did an excellent job" since he acted so scummy that he had to claim on day 2, then proceeded to lurk while everyone ignored him.

Fun fact: I almost killed Quizup instead of you that night because I thought Quizup was mafia too. But in the end I figured I could get him lynched, so I decided to kill you instead.
    Fun Fact: on the day where town rush lynched Fall Down at the last minute, QuizUp had you jailed and ready to execute.