S-FM 353: Death Nominations - Page 3
Register

User Tag List

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #101

2. ISO #102

Re: S-FM 353: Death Nominations

Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    i will say though barker was really excited about being mafia with me too so there's an offchance baker just loves being mafia with everyone and will be excited regardless who he's with
    I don't really remember him hyperposting like that as scum or lulz claiming mafia. Both of those are 8 out of 10 times town though I prob own the game a reread.

3. ISO #103

4. ISO #104

5. ISO #105

Quote Originally Posted by scumbot5679 View Post
    i wanted to try to go back to bed b/c I'm having trouble sleeping and need to be "up" in a few hours but I can be around for a minute
    I mean I was just wanting to ask you about your experience level + some past game links (not counting the lost wolf game) and then about your reads and where your head was at.

But, while I'd love to see more from you, I'm not ever going to ask you to disrupt your sleep or personal life for this game. We can chat later, no issues.

6. ISO #106

Quote Originally Posted by bakermir View Post
    I will be back later and attend to the remaining posts.

oh and I don't like being labeled as annoying; I believe that comment was somewhat unwarranted.

-vote scumbot5679
    maybe. I have a long and storied history of not enjoying hyperposting/fluff posting but I do think there is a difference in saying this is annoying (which is what I said) and this PERSON is annoying (not what I said). But venge voting me b/c I "insulted" you really doesn't make me regret it.

7. ISO #107

8. ISO #108

maybe. I have a long and storied history of not enjoying hyperposting/fluff posting but I do think there is a difference in saying this is annoying (which is what I said) and this PERSON is annoying (not what I said). But venge voting me b/c I "insulted" you really doesn't make me regret it.
    Doesn't make you regret it as in you think Baker is a wolf? Or are you saying that your vote on Baker is a policy vote?

9. ISO #109

naw, I have shit to do today so I may not be around much later so I'll spend some time. I've been playing mafia for awhile now.
    Thanks. For reference, how long is a while? (In years)

Got any representative past games as both alignments that you could link?

10. ISO #110

11. ISO #111

12. ISO #112

13. ISO #113

14. ISO #114

15. ISO #115

16. ISO #116

I'd say a good 14 or 15 years. I will not be posting any links, sorry. The game I played on this site is a pretty good representation of my play and Nancy Drew has played a few games with me.
    I mean if you're town then links would be extremely useful in trying to find you (especially if you're not going to be posting a lot as you're saying below) since the game you have on this site isn't really relevant meta for either alignment since you were a lost wolf.

What's your home community / the community where you played with Nancy Drew?

17. ISO #117

18. ISO #118

19. ISO #119

I don't really have any strong reads yet wich means all 3 scum are in

1. MartinGG99
    2. Marshmallow Marshall
    3. Varcron
    4. ikarusdk
    5. tutuu
    7. Vittae
    9. lol
    10. The Scarlet Letters (Nancy/Italiano Hydra)

sorta just common sense but yeah thats where I'm at. Y tu?
    Do you not have any other reads outside of Baker, even weak ones? I feel like enough people (me, Tutuu, Martin) have posted enough readable content that I'd expect you to have at least something else if you're town.

I'll post reads more in depth later once I've done ISOs but the tl;dr is that I'm currently at something like:

Martin
    Bakermir
    Tutuu

lol
    Ikarus/0 posters

Scumbot
    Varcron

Tutuu I'm currently ISOing and Baker I need to review given their newer posts.

The thread's still at the stage where I feel like I'm having to get blood from a stone just to get anywhere though and my reads in both directions have a much lower confidence level than I'd like.

20. ISO #120

Quote Originally Posted by Vittae View Post
    Plus, expressing willingness to die unprompted is >rand town in a vacuum as well.
    I've always sorta of hated this argument though. I will often get scum read b/c I don't want to die as town. Eating an NK is fine but getting voted out as town is a waste. I mean, I can understand a little bit, so maybe it's just hubris on my part.

21. ISO #121

what do you mean? I was town in my last game on this site. I joined this site to get a fresh start and I rather replace out then have to post links. So I have things to do today, doesn't mean I'm going to be unavalible this game or be a lost poster. What is this nonsense?
    Lmao please ignore me I've completely confused you and Bakermir in my head and I'm talking about their games instead.

22. ISO #122

23. ISO #123

24. ISO #124

Lmao please ignore me I've completely confused you and Bakermir in my head and I'm talking about their games instead.
    But OK ignoring that point:

The point still stands that I'd like to see a wolf game of yours, I'll check out the town game you played in later.

I think you're very mistaken in your interpretation of what I'm saying here and tbh I don't really remotely understand what you're actually getting at.

I'm not saying that you're going to be unavailable (I'm obviously just asking you for your availability, how can I even claim that you're not going to be available?) and I'm asking you for tools to solve you so that there's a better chance to actually get a good alignment read on you, especially if you're not going to be extremely active but true regardless of that.

Ultimately, people are often just willing to shrugvote / PoE lower posters. I'm literally asking you for the tools to try to find your alignment so that if you're town and continue not to post a lot as you had been up until that point that has a lower chance of happening and if you're mafia then obviously I also want to find you instead of just having you as a null. I also never called you a lost poster or anything of the sort.

25. ISO #125

I was basically under the impression that this was the only time I'd have to interact with you and then you were likely to dip and not return with ~5 posts total.

Obviously that impression was wrong and I'm very happy that it was wrong because more content is more content.

I didn't mean to offend you if I implied that I thought you weren't going to be active or anything of that sort.

26. ISO #126

I've always sorta of hated this argument though. I will often get scum read b/c I don't want to die as town. Eating an NK is fine but getting voted out as town is a waste. I mean, I can understand a little bit, so maybe it's just hubris on my part.
    The opposite of what I said absolutely doesn't apply, yeah.

Willingness to die as Martin has expressed is >rand town.

Lack of willingness to die is NOT >rand scum and I would argue is almost always the better approach for villagers to play. I will basically never willingly let myself due to town killpower.

27. ISO #127

28. ISO #128

29. ISO #129

Is your town read on tutu based on him saying that he randed town for the 37th time?
    I might go more into detail once I've finished my Tutuu ISO but to answer for this specific point:

I can vouch for the fact that Tutuu has been on an extremely long town streak due to seeing her play in passing a couple times recently on what I believe to be her home site and it being brought up as a topic there on multiple occasions but, no, I don't think the post saying "I'm on a 37 town streak" in of itself is towny.

That being said, I think the fact that that Tutuu has had this long town streak does amplify certain other townpoints in her favour (her seeing similar tonally and activity-wise to how I recall her play being in the games of hers I spectated, Baker's townread on her and his meta on her as someone who knows Tutuu much better than I do, mindmelding with her on a couple of early takes and funding her solving and questions to generally line up with my own, etc) which, with the context of her not having randed wolf in a very long time, seem much more difficult to fake for a potential wolf-Tutuu specifically than a player who has had a lot of recent wolf rands, for example.

Replicating your town meta, fooling players who know you well and faking convincing solving are in my opinion probably the three most difficult things to do as a wolf in general so a potential wolf-Tutuu coming into this game off such a ridiculously long town streak that I believe has been going for years and then going 3/3 with accomplishing those things on D1 is something that seems pretty unlikely for sure.

30. ISO #130

I think I could get on board the Varcoon scum read since he hasn't really done anything but a lot haven't done anything yet.
    Varcron's only posted twice but his posts have been awkward in a way that comes off as self conscious and concerned about how others perceive him along with a total absence of an attempt to provide any game related content, hence my pressure vote there earlier and why I scumlean him.

He hasn't done a lot but at least in Varcron's case that seems pretty NAI and he's not been very active both times I've seen him play before (both as town PRs, the time I played with him and in KRC where he got modkilled for inactivity).

31. ISO #131

32. ISO #132

@bakermir @tutuu @MartinGG99 @anyone else who wants to lol

If y'all let me know when you're around we can chat about some stuff together and hopefully start generating some meaningful content.

I'll be back in a little while myself.
    well i dont got much to add at least at that time (havent read new posts), am a bit busy with uni

i skimmed the new posts and respectfully i dont wanna fully read everything at least not yet lmao but u can have a townread pat pat

if ur a wolf posting so much in a dead game like this u can have the win. Idk what im supposed to do. Theres no way i can convince myself to consider killing u when theres multiple 0 posting slots. My last two games were really rough

/Vote scumbot sheeping baker and martin i need to read how to vote but need to go out rn

33. ISO #133

34. ISO #134

Nominations are something that we really should be discussing but it's hard to even start there when literally 50% of the game is below the post minimum (only one player in that category having directly posted anything I'd consider to be game related content).

It's definitely going to be worthwhile for us to actually discuss these things and come to a consensus to encourage people to follow, though, since, for a variety of reasons, leaving ourselves solely at the mercy of the person we vote out (if they're town) to dictate our wagons for the following day without discussing it in public first isn't a remotely good idea.

35. ISO #135

36. ISO #136

Quote Originally Posted by tutuu View Post
    well i dont got much to add at least at that time (havent read new posts), am a bit busy with uni

i skimmed the new posts and respectfully i dont wanna fully read everything at least not yet lmao but u can have a townread pat pat

if ur a wolf posting so much in a dead game like this u can have the win. Idk what im supposed to do. Theres no way i can convince myself to consider killing u when theres multiple 0 posting slots. My last two games were really rough

/Vote scumbot sheeping baker and martin i need to read how to vote but need to go out rn
    Lmao well I appreciate the vote of confidence.

Ultimately I feel sort of the same with regards to voting out active players with the current state of the thread. For as long as almost all of the posts in the game are made by the same small handful of people, it's extremely hard to justify voting off somebody who's actively contributing until more people show up and put in enough effort such that voting one of the higher posters out doesn't just gut the game of content entirely.

37. ISO #137

Ftr I don't think that either of Martin / Baker are seriously pushing Scumbot as much as their votes there are RVS but if I'm wrong they can correct me.

That being said, there's a few things that have genuinely concerned me about Scumbot's re-entrance into the thread, primarily the total lack of reads outside of Baker (and, just as importantly, ignoring me when I questioned him on it) as well as a treatment of me that felt pretty disingenuous (twisting my words into saying things I hadn't and taking the least charitable interpretation of things I was trying to say).

38. ISO #138

39. ISO #139

40. ISO #140

I think Bake is pretty likely town and I'm not voting him. I'm just annoyed that he's venge voting town and not hunting scum.
    I had scumbot not scumreading Baker here as probably the biggest town point in his favour assuming a t-Baker world given that he was completely in a position to push Baker hard if the latter was town.

But on reflection I think Baker is enough of a LHF / easy / non-controversial townread that there's a valid explanation that wolf-scumbot might just be afraid to push on a widely townread town-baker due to the potential backlash and on reflection I don't think that this warrants significant town points in scumbot's favour.

41. ISO #141

42. ISO #142

43. ISO #143

thanks Re: S-FM 353: Death Nominations

I missed this earlier but I hope you get better soon!
    Thanks gotta work through the pain i feel FUCKED today but i'm hoping that's the worst of it i usually have really good health so nothing lasts more than a few days

This is 5 posts but since i feel generous i will continue reading PLEASE townlock me

44. ISO #144

@bakermir @tutuu @MartinGG99 @anyone else who wants to lol

If y'all let me know when you're around we can chat about some stuff together and hopefully start generating some meaningful content.

I'll be back in a little while myself.
    Let's talk whats your scumgame and towngame like

45. ISO #145

Me personally as scum i have 2 modes: i either try to act outrageous to make people think i couldn't do it, i throw my partners under the bus a lot, and just try to put town into disarray, when i feel more rational i like to play the mediator or the guy who's wronged (like my townread is being killed and im crying about it too much) and try to get sympathy points

As a villager i'm usually less focused on the game, i work on reads but i usually struggle to explain them or keep my cards close to my chest and try to push them with little reasoning when it comes to the chaotic EoD. This game sadly i can't stay up till 3 in the morning nor do i see this game being particularily chaotic.

I feel wolves will try either to not stand out and hope town kills off the more standoff-ish players first or try to make a good impression early and try riding off that. Currently my eyes are on tutuu specifically since i see a lot of question that don't really go anywhere and more posts that LOOK like they are good but are empty. Vittae you seem like you're actually trying to lead and solve and baker doesn't seem particularily invested in trying too hard.

46. ISO #146

47. ISO #147

48. ISO #148

49. ISO #149

50. ISO #150

Do you not have any other reads outside of Baker, even weak ones? I feel like enough people (me, Tutuu, Martin) have posted enough readable content that I'd expect you to have at least something else if you're town.

I'll post reads more in depth later once I've done ISOs but the tl;dr is that I'm currently at something like:

Martin
    Bakermir
    Tutuu

lol
    Ikarus/0 posters

Scumbot
    Varcron

Tutuu I'm currently ISOing and Baker I need to review given their newer posts.

The thread's still at the stage where I feel like I'm having to get blood from a stone just to get anywhere though and my reads in both directions have a much lower confidence level than I'd like.
    Yeah im just locking u as town