24/7 Wolf Chat vs Night-Only Wolf Chat
Register

User Tag List

Hybrid View

1. ISO #1

Re: 24/7 Wolf Chat vs Night-Only Wolf Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    On the most basic level playing games is about having fun. Its usually more fun for a wolf team to have 24/7 on multiple levels but balance is also a big requirement.

If the goal is to bring people here I think a separate conversation should be held about what people consider fun and what this sites 'brand' of fun is.
    I like complexity on the mechanical side that enables and drives conversation while allowing for lies, gambits, deception, and analysis.
    I dislike functions that remove analysis, games that do not have enough action to maintain interest/conversation or mechanics that can not be countered by play.

At its core I believe the main thing that makes games fun is people being able to influence how they do. At some point I made a bunch of ramblings on some core concepts for setup designing I might try to dig up but thats a bit of it off the top of my head. Also why someday I would like to make something that quantifys a sort of point value for individual measurement removing the social loafing issue that drags some games down.
    I agree with your point. It seems to me that we should also ask ourselves whether we find night chats more fun than 24/7; we don't have to change ourselves, and neither do they, necessarily, unless we really want more people to come here.

Do we want more people coming here? Perhaps, perhaps not. More is not necessarily better if it makes games less fun, but it is also true I hardly see having only 24/7 chats from now on as being detrimental in and of itself.

I personally dislike complexity on the mechanical side as I feel it tends to detract from the game (but then again I'm a person who gets obsessed with all the mechanical possibilities, and not everyone is like me).

2. ISO #2

Re: 24/7 Wolf Chat vs Night-Only Wolf Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Do we want more people coming here? Perhaps, perhaps not. More is not necessarily better if it makes games less fun, but it is also true I hardly see having only 24/7 chats from now on as being detrimental in and of itself.
    I would say more people would be a good thing. I think the leadership could handle growth without it becoming about them instead of the players as I have seen in other communities but the idea of sharing knowledge in how to play the game as well as creating fun experiences for people to enjoy is a beautiful thing.

This community has struggled in having good relationships with other communities. We basically gave birth to Town of Salem but alienated them at every turn under some of the older leadership. We tried to do some cross community work with MU but they were only interested in us playing games there and never held up their end. Maybe moving forward things will be different.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.