if you do not do the full version of this political quiz and post the results, you have no balls
Register

User Tag List

Hybrid View

1. ISO #1

Re: if you do not do the full version of this political quiz and post the results, you have no balls

You’re giving the test WAY too much credit. It’s clickbait crap...

In mafia terms, y’all are assuming some intended WIFOM here and you’re right. But the WIFOM is there to get clicks, not to actually analyze jack shit
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

2. ISO #2

Re: if you do not do the full version of this political quiz and post the results, you have no balls

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    You’re giving the test WAY too much credit. It’s clickbait crap...

In mafia terms, y’all are assuming some intended WIFOM here and you’re right. But the WIFOM is there to get clicks, not to actually analyze jack shit
    Nah, it's still has more thought put into it than the crappy "left-right" axis, even if you stick the "authoritarian-liberal" axis to it. At least, none of the presented axises "joins up" at its extremities (like far left and far right "joining up" in the traditional "compass"). The questions may not be perfect, but reducing all of this to clickbait is wrong imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

3. ISO #3

Horseshoe theory always seemed dumb to me tbh. Marxism-Leninism and fascism may both suck, but you can't just conflate them because they both happen to be authoritarian and bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    Horseshoe theory always seemed dumb to me tbh. Marxism-Leninism and fascism may both suck, but you can't just conflate them because they both happen to be authoritarian and bad.
    If I'm understanding it correctly, it's not to really throw ambiguity to either of those things. Just that they hold closer similarities than more moderate-left/right wing positions.

Seems like every day I see a YouTube video about whether or not Nazism (or whatever the fuck else bad ideology is out there) is left or right wing.

I can certainly see your issues with it because it can muddy the waters. Maybe we're just re-writing history again.

Edit: I wanted to add a quote I thought was interesting:

As the political horseshoe theory attributed to Jean-Pierre Faye highlights, if we travel far-left enough, we find the very same sneering, nasty and reckless bully-boy tactics used by the far-right. The two extremes of the political spectrum end up meeting like a horseshoe, at the top, which to my mind symbolizes totalitarian control from above. In their quest for ideological purity, Stalin and Hitler had more in common than modern neo-Nazis and far-left agitators would care to admit.
    I think Ideological purity is definitely something becoming glamorized these days; But with a focus on the individual and it's kind of fascinating and horrifying. Far left and far right culture has gotten to the point of doxxing, cancel culture and threats targeted at the individual, not the policies they support. Media has become polarizing as hell.
    Last edited by Frinckles; September 23rd, 2020 at 10:42 AM.
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    If I'm understanding it correctly, it's not to really throw ambiguity to either of those things. Just that they hold closer similarities than more moderate-left/right wing positions.

Seems like every day I see a YouTube video about whether or not Nazism (or whatever the fuck else bad ideology is out there) is left or right wing.

I can certainly see your issues with it because it can muddy the waters. Maybe we're just re-writing history again.

Edit: I wanted to add a quote I thought was interesting:

I think Ideological purity is definitely something becoming glamorized these days; But with a focus on the individual and it's kind of fascinating and horrifying. Far left and far right culture has gotten to the point of doxxing, cancel culture and threats targeted at the individual, not the policies they support. Media has become polarizing as hell.
    Where would you put Jinping's China on the spectrum?
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

6. ISO #6

If indeed it has a place on this antiquated, Western-centric system

7. ISO #7

I don't know enough about China or their politics to make an informed answer, unfortunately.
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Left wing for sure but why do you ask?
    I wasn't trying to make a point or pull some kinda gotcha. I was literally curious because to me China is a country that really doesn't fit onto the political spectrum in a clear way. They identify as a Leninist state and all the land is technically state-owned plus the CPC has at least 20% ownership of every company but they employ heavy free market mechanics and are deeply classist. I think countries like China demonstrate the shortcomings of the left-right political spectrum as a classification system, as well as the limitations of trying to class every economic system as simply capitalist or communist.
    Last edited by yzb25; September 24th, 2020 at 02:45 PM. Reason: added "left-right"**