S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread
Register

User Tag List

Hybrid View

1. ISO #1

Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

Quote Originally Posted by Mizery View Post
    MM you should know that comparing Ozy's opener to Ceko saying "see? scum have been out there before!" isn't a fair comparison to make how you're making it. Like yeah, wolves can be shitpost-y it'd be stupid to say they couldn't, but bad form Marshall, Bad form.

Don't ask me for reasoning, you'll only be wasting both of our posts:

MM V
    Varcron V

Not liking Norwee so far but the one game I have played with them the only reason I townread them was because they were mech locked town iirc so there's not much there (I'm Illwei, before you ask.)

Reserving reads on Martin and Ren for later.

-vote loldebite
    Okay so I'm not going to respond to most of these other posts that others have commented on just because they've been covered, and I actually have a question about this post.

What does this mean? Maybe it's because It's pretty late where I am currently but I cannot for the life of me figure that out. Town/Scumread? I honestly have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Norwee
    Also if he thinks similarly to me then maybe MM isn't a big bad wolf after all, we'll see.
    I don't like the entire "If he's thinking on the same wavelength as me, he must be town!" vibe primarily because of FM experiences in the past where I've had that feeling only to get bamboozled by a scum that thinks the same way as me for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall
    However, Renny Gator has replied with "I don't know how anyone could take ozy's posts seriously lmao" and all, and a "concern" about the post restrictions being anti-town (which is honestly just stating the obvious), and this, without adding anything more, proposing a solution to anything, or voicing suspicions towards anyone. Like, if he thinks me getting into Ozy's posts is silly and weird, why not question me, or vote me? Conversely, if he thinks I'm right about Ozy's posts, why not attack Ozy? And why just end up posting a "oh noes there is a post limit", which is really just... meh?

-vote Renegade
    What's he going to do, ask the host for a post limit change? Get outa here with that fluff.
    It was the first post of the day, I don't really see how he could voice his suspicions based on one singular interaction between you and Ozy.
    This is all extraneous fluff, why would you say this other than to scumpaint?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall
    Last time we had a game with silly mechanics (everyone had a day gun and could shoot whenever they wanted to), a scum shot another player on their first post on D1 (which was at the very beginning). There was trolling involved in this action, but still - it's far from impossible, it happens, and the extreme WIFOM of "b-but scum would never!" is unhealthy to maintain in some circumstances, such as this one. Being anti-town is, as the words say, anti-town, which means anti-town behavior should not be left alone. Knowing Ozy, I already suspected he was just trying to bait reactions, hence me asking him to draw his conclusions. Considering we don't have many posts, I'd rather limit the shitposting disease as much as possible instead of seeing people having 5 posts left to address actually meaningful stuff xD.
    Again, this is the third post you've wasted on the same point (the above quotes are from the same post).

Post #1 was a genuine vote to get a reaction

Post #2 was a shitpost in disguise

Post #3 was some decent info encompassed in alot of extraneous information that you already stated before, basically only making a wall text to look cool at that point.

I'm not going to drop a vote right now, as I'd like to see how play develops; however, as much as I really liked MM's attitude in his first post, his next two I have not liked for the reasons stated above. Other reads coming near you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    I feel like I'm watching a horror movie and the protag. group is exploring an old house or something and everything is super quiet, but you know something bad is about to happen. Mafia man is about to come out from behind the basement furnace and gun down varcron right in front of me. And there will be nothing I can do.

2. ISO #2

Not liking Norwee so far but the one game I have played with them the only reason I townread them was because they were mech locked town iirc so there's not much there (I'm Illwei, before you ask.)
    From MU championship season 8?
    WOW, did not expect to meet you here.

Bonus townread for nostalgia.

Also, @Varcron
    Pretty sure that just means "villager"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3. ISO #3

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Also, loldebite arriving in the first 24 hours again this truly is a REVOLUTION

We shall see about Norwee. I thought about it too, but shhh, don't tell him, or it may affect his reaction! He mustn't know.
    About Mizery, do you mean "meh" as in "bad" or as in "nothing"? Because I completely fail to get any read from their posts.
    Eh, come on, I'm not that bad, am I ?...
    Don't answer that.
    I meant meh as in "idk what to make out of it yet". Probably should've meh'd vacron's too for consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    -vote OzyWho

regardless of my yet-be-serious or actually-serious status I would like to note that I want to town-read Mizery and not look back ever and this isn't being exaggerated in any shape or form just because of some word-count restriction that you all may or may not be thinking of right now because I would like to emphasize that isn't, okay? And if that got too confusing to read I just italicized my point for thy dear readers.
    I don't agree with the vote, but I like mizery read. I can't help but feel that THAT level of buddying and confidence is a little concerning this early on, but I still like it.
    I've only played a single game with the slot and I recall them not really playing at all on D1, and they were scum ! That being said, I wasn't on on the first day in that game, soooooo there's that... In that game (Bisected Souls), Martin followed MM & Lag vouching Mizery was in their scum meta.
    This game, on the other hand, it really feels like Mizery is genuinely fishing, and since there's nothing to fish for if you're scum, it feels towny to me. It's probably fakeable, so I definitely won't be as adamant as Martin, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Norwee View Post
    No way, did you look at the guy? He's an forum mafia head and he's got a scary wolf as a picture.
    I'm a brave hero for daring to stand up against him! He's the final boss of mafia.

In regards to whether i have opinions on other people.
    Yes, i thought Renegade's post was a big old nothingburger. Which unfortunately MM brought up as well so now it looks like i copied him, but i promise i thought this well before he had it written out!
    Also if he thinks similarly to me then maybe MM isn't a big bad wolf after all, we'll see.
    I... Hate this post. We got it, you really wanna shitpost. Can we move past that, now that you've wasted a third of your posts ?
    What's more, the way this is written really feels like you're shitposting first and only then reluctantly spewing reads if directly asked to. That doesn't feel town at all... Either you're willing to share your thoughts and should do it right away, or you're not (which I dislike but I can see the reasoning (hi ren)), in which case you wouldn't have said anything. This weird in-between doesn't fit for a town IMO.

MM you should know that comparing Ozy's opener to Ceko saying "see? scum have been out there before!" isn't a fair comparison to make how you're making it. Like yeah, wolves can be shitpost-y it'd be stupid to say they couldn't, but bad form Marshall, Bad form.

MM V
    Varcron V

-vote loldebite
    I am curious to know what mizery will make of their reads now that Varcron has been more vocal about their MM distrust (#24).
    I never know what to make of "random" votes with no context whatsoever, so I often end up ignoring them. I guess I'm kinda making an exception here ?

Spoiler : varcron #24 :
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcron View Post
    Okay so I'm not going to respond to most of these other posts that others have commented on just because they've been covered, and I actually have a question about this post.

What does this mean? Maybe it's because It's pretty late where I am currently but I cannot for the life of me figure that out. Town/Scumread? I honestly have no idea.

I don't like the entire "If he's thinking on the same wavelength as me, he must be town!" vibe primarily because of FM experiences in the past where I've had that feeling only to get bamboozled by a scum that thinks the same way as me for some reason.

What's he going to do, ask the host for a post limit change? Get outa here with that fluff.
    It was the first post of the day, I don't really see how he could voice his suspicions based on one singular interaction between you and Ozy.

Again, this is the third post you've wasted on the same point (the above quotes are from the same post).

Post #3 was some decent info encompassed in alot of extraneous information that you already stated before, basically only making a wall text to look cool at that point.

I'm not going to drop a vote right now, as I'd like to see how play develops; however, as much as I really liked MM's attitude in his first post, his next two I have not liked for the reasons stated above. Other reads coming near you.

Idk how I feel about this one. The tipoff to norway makes me feel much better about it, tho. Can't help but feel like varcron is reproaching MM about making a big deal out of fluff, but MM making a deal out of fluff kinda feels like fluff to me, so it feels kinda incoherent to me, idk. I guess it's really not fluff to them.

Spoiler : Bonus early readslist :

As of post #25

# TOWNCORE

# Confident town

# Probable Town

# Town feel

Mizery
    Marshmallow Marshall
    OzyWho
    MartinGG99

# Null

Renegade
    Varcron

# scum feel

oliverz144 // This is (mostly) a joke ! Sorry, oliverz... Not sorry.

# probable scum

# confident scum

Norwee

# CONFIRMED 100% trust me scum

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by Loldebite View Post
    We got it, you really wanna shitpost. Can we move past that, now that you've wasted a third of your posts ?
    No.
    I'm normally the guy that ends up with 800 smaller posts when i actually try to play a game for real. So put away that and i can barely function as i normally do. Typing these long posts is in fact, really annoying.
    Other than that i'm also pretty unfamiliar with most of you, so i don't have any strong or confident reads cus i mostly rely on meta. And it's been forever since i last played a game on this site in particular. And there are much fewer posts i can gander at because of the limitations, which makes it harder. So i just default to shitposting and being social cus that's what i find fun. Is it townie generally speaking? No not really. But that's how i always play, so you might need to reassess for me in particular cus that's just how i do my stuff.
    Anyway i'm pretty used to being scumread for my posts, it happens every time i play on a new site. xD
    I think my town playstyle in general is pretty scummy, while i as scum tend to be much more careful, formal and survivalistic.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5. ISO #5

Also, @Varcron
    You're famous, Frinckles! What are your reads btw frink?
    Eh, come on, I'm not that bad, am I ?...
    Don't answer that.
    I meant meh as in "idk what to make out of it yet". Probably should've meh'd vacron's too for consistency.
    I'll answer anyway, no you're not that bad but the memes are fun xD

I don't agree with the vote, but I like mizery read. I can't help but feel that THAT level of buddying and confidence is a little concerning this early on, but I still like it.
    I've only played a single game with the slot and I recall them not really playing at all on D1, and they were scum ! That being said, I wasn't on on the first day in that game, soooooo there's that... In that game (Bisected Souls), Martin followed MM & Lag vouching Mizery was in their scum meta.
    This game, on the other hand, it really feels like Mizery is genuinely fishing, and since there's nothing to fish for if you're scum, it feels towny to me. It's probably fakeable, so I definitely won't be as adamant as Martin, though.

I... Hate this post. We got it, you really wanna shitpost. Can we move past that, now that you've wasted a third of your posts ?
    What's more, the way this is written really feels like you're shitposting first and only then reluctantly spewing reads if directly asked to. That doesn't feel town at all... Either you're willing to share your thoughts and should do it right away, or you're not (which I dislike but I can see the reasoning (hi ren)), in which case you wouldn't have said anything. This weird in-between doesn't fit for a town IMO.

I am curious to know what mizery will make of their reads now that Varcron has been more vocal about their MM distrust (#24).
    I never know what to make of "random" votes with no context whatsoever, so I often end up ignoring them. I guess I'm kinda making an exception here ?

Idk how I feel about this one. The tipoff to norway makes me feel much better about it, tho. Can't help but feel like varcron is reproaching MM about making a big deal out of fluff, but MM making a deal out of fluff kinda feels like fluff to me, so it feels kinda incoherent to me, idk. I guess it's really not fluff to them.

Spoiler : Bonus early readslist :

As of post #25

# TOWNCORE

# Confident town

# Probable Town

# Town feel

Mizery
    Marshmallow Marshall
    OzyWho
    MartinGG99

# Null

Renegade
    Varcron

# scum feel

oliverz144 // This is (mostly) a joke ! Sorry, oliverz... Not sorry.

# probable scum

# confident scum

Norwee

# CONFIRMED 100% trust me scum

What is Mizery fishing for here? I don't see it.

I agree with you on Norwee to the extent that he should stop wasting posts. I'm not sure it's really scummy, though; if anything, it feels like he actually wants to have fun and is genuinely carefree (as opposed to Ozy's fake shitposts early on that were really... not genuine xD, probably on purpose). That being said, if he doesn't move on from this, it will indeed be weird.

Considering you're making big deals out of my big deals on post #26 and are able to discuss serious content on the very first page of the game, I'd say we're already pretty far from fluffy RVS zone lol
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

6. ISO #6

Also, @Varcron
    Oh, okay, thank you lol. Apparently my brain was functioning at like 2% last night when I made that post (stills stand by everything in there though.

Quote Originally Posted by Norwee
    ll right there's a lot of my chest for this one.

First of all... Why so little posts so far? I get there's a post limit. But even i, whom has become known as one of the "post wasters" up to now. Still only used 7 posts with this one. So i got more than half left. And the deadline from now on is 1 day and 3 hours. So i am being surprisingly prudent with the posts i've got available in my budget. Should be room for another day of responding.

Where are the VC's? Guess i gotta make it myself huh.

[2] Renegade: Marshmallow Marshall, Norwee
    [1] Marshmallow Marshall: OzyWho
    [1] OzyWho: MartinGG99
    [1] Loldebite: Mizery

[6] Not Voting: oliverz144, Renegade, Varcron, Stealthbomber16, Frinckles, Loldebite

Now for the posts from each player so far. And who hasn't posted yet.

Norwee [7]
    OzyWho [6]
    Marshmallow Marshall [4]
    Frinckles [4]
    Mizery [3]
    Loldebite [2]
    Varcron [2]
    Renegade [1]
    Stealthbomber16 [1]
    MartinGG99 [1]
    oliverz144 [0]

Uh oh, shame on Oliverz144. Everyone else. Good job! But remember the 200 word minimum requirement fellas.

And now for me to randomly look at each of the posters and just vote for the one that vaguely feels the most scummish.

Hmmmmm Ehhhh... It's.... you!
    -vote Renegade
    I see where you're coming from judging people on their prudent lack of posts; however, me being like you and usually posting hundreds of tiny posts throughout a game, I'm working really hard to just post one thing with all of my thoughts until other people respond. I'm sure a few of the other usual small posters feel the same way about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16[QUOTE
    My main concern is that we're going to be risking compressing an entire day into 3 hours before EoD and the wagons are going to be absolutely atrocious
    Definitely could happen which is a bit worrying, but I feel as though with how we have about a day left that shouldn't be a problem considering the post counts currently. Plus it seems like most people have reads on quite a few people, it's just a matter of sharing them at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Loldebite
    That's the point, I disliked how especially his third post made a wall out of the issue he stated in his 1st and 2nd, it was unnecessary and basically threw a post away.

Honestly though from when I last posted to now there hasn't really been much to respond to.
    I feel like I'm watching a horror movie and the protag. group is exploring an old house or something and everything is super quiet, but you know something bad is about to happen. Mafia man is about to come out from behind the basement furnace and gun down varcron right in front of me. And there will be nothing I can do.

7. ISO #7

No way, did you look at the guy? He's an forum mafia head and he's got a scary wolf as a picture.
    I'm a brave hero for daring to stand up against him! He's the final boss of mafia.

In regards to whether i have opinions on other people.
    Yes, i thought Renegade's post was a big old nothingburger. Which unfortunately MM brought up as well so now it looks like i copied him, but i promise i thought this well before he had it written out!
    I really should change my avatar. Perhaps. Maybe. Someday.

MM V
    Varcron V

-vote loldebite
    I think Ozy knows me well enough to know I don't actually think he's equivalent to Ceko in any way lol, it was merely to provide an example to strenghten my point. As for Norwee, what exactly do you not like? He seems lighthearted/carefree enough to me, although that may just be his game personality and not a towntell.

Propose post rationing measures, propose to vote those wasting posts on pure troll, w/e. Solutions exist, and if Renegade were so keen to prevent the setup's specificities from being detrimental to us, he could easily have said something. Saying a plain nothing about it is just pointing at an obvious issue, bringing nothing new to the table, and it feels like he wants us to think he's thinking about the game without actually doing more.
    I certainly see how he could give a beginning of a read on either of us. I did it with Ozy, after all. Plus, this was just an example of something that would have made sense from him in a town mentality, not an absolute requirement.
    This is merely the development of my point. Formulating complete thoughts when you voice scumreads isn't just "not fluff", it's the right thing to do lol. If anything, it feels like you are the one trying to paint me as a scumpainter for voicing a read on Renegade, or even that you're chainsaw defending him. I'm not sure what your point is; you mean that we are supposed to avoid detailing our reads?

And in general, calling my posts shitposts in disguise/fluff/etc. seems pretty dishonest, considering they're the ones that generated the most meaningful discussion (if you count Ozy's, which sparked mine, into the streak). What do you think of Renegade himself?
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    I really should change my avatar. Perhaps. Maybe. Someday.

I think Ozy knows me well enough to know I don't actually think he's equivalent to Ceko in any way lol, it was merely to provide an example to strenghten my point. As for Norwee, what exactly do you not like? He seems lighthearted/carefree enough to me, although that may just be his game personality and not a towntell.

Propose post rationing measures, propose to vote those wasting posts on pure troll, w/e. Solutions exist, and if Renegade were so keen to prevent the setup's specificities from being detrimental to us, he could easily have said something. Saying a plain nothing about it is just pointing at an obvious issue, bringing nothing new to the table, and it feels like he wants us to think he's thinking about the game without actually doing more.
    I certainly see how he could give a beginning of a read on either of us. I did it with Ozy, after all. Plus, this was just an example of something that would have made sense from him in a town mentality, not an absolute requirement.
    This is merely the development of my point. Formulating complete thoughts when you voice scumreads isn't just "not fluff", it's the right thing to do lol. If anything, it feels like you are the one trying to paint me as a scumpainter for voicing a read on Renegade, or even that you're chainsaw defending him. I'm not sure what your point is; you mean that we are supposed to avoid detailing our reads?

And in general, calling my posts shitposts in disguise/fluff/etc. seems pretty dishonest, considering they're the ones that generated the most meaningful discussion (if you count Ozy's, which sparked mine, into the streak). What do you think of Renegade himself?
    Your first post primarily was the cause of discussion (of which I already said that was okay, it was a genuine post and genuine vote). It was the later posts that I referred to as fluffy.

But what post rationing measures are there to point out? I don't really see what he could have said seeing as we have people with sub 5 posts still in this game (myself included). I do see what you mean about making us think of the game more without posting suggestions, however if he is scum that really benefits us more than him as we would have figured out a plan for the town. I'd suggest one myself, however I think the posting habits of basically everyone here currently are to what we should expect in a game such as this.

Okay, I concede that it could give the beginnings of a read, you made a really good point here.

For some people it makes more sense to write more lyrical and large posts for their reads, in my eyes though that has a habit of just cluttering things most of the time. Seeing it now what you said worked and caused meaningful interaction with me primarily, but in general the longer (may I say "*fluffier*") posts tend to re iterate previous points without really adding much to it.

Also I'm not chainsaw defending Ren as much as conversing with you currently and debating on points of your argument.

9. ISO #9

Your first post primarily was the cause of discussion (of which I already said that was okay, it was a genuine post and genuine vote). It was the later posts that I referred to as fluffy.

But what post rationing measures are there to point out? I don't really see what he could have said seeing as we have people with sub 5 posts still in this game (myself included). I do see what you mean about making us think of the game more without posting suggestions, however if he is scum that really benefits us more than him as we would have figured out a plan for the town. I'd suggest one myself, however I think the posting habits of basically everyone here currently are to what we should expect in a game such as this.

Okay, I concede that it could give the beginnings of a read, you made a really good point here.

For some people it makes more sense to write more lyrical and large posts for their reads, in my eyes though that has a habit of just cluttering things most of the time. Seeing it now what you said worked and caused meaningful interaction with me primarily, but in general the longer (may I say "*fluffier*") posts tend to re iterate previous points without really adding much to it.

Also I'm not chainsaw defending Ren as much as conversing with you currently and debating on points of your argument.
    Ehh, I guess the reason some people don't detail their reads is because they see it as "fluff", and this specific post really doesn't strike me as a scumpaint attempt... I guess you're fine enough on this point. That being said, what do you think of Renegade, again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    STOP SCUMPAINTING ME
    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    You are probably the most towny person around by virtue of otter reads lmao. I'm not exactly amazing at reading you, though, so who knows, but I think you really just wanna have fun and I like it