A Statistical Analysis of Racism Across 10,790 Replays
Register

User Tag List

Threaded View

1. ISO #26

Re: A Statistical Analysis of Racism Across 10,790 Replays

Quote Originally Posted by LagAttack View Post
    Ideally, these players don't get banned, they just get warned (watch listed) at first and then stop spamming slurs. And that works in probably the large majority of cases. Only a minority of that 2% of players that frequently use slurs continue to use them after being warned for it. I believe that removing less than 1% of the playerbase who refuses to stop using racial slurs will hardly have an effect on the game's activity.

On the topic of the game's activity, here is the number of full lobbies per week since the start of this year when the SC2 Arcade came back online:

Something worth noting is that there has been a very notable drop in activity since April/May. Is this because of rule changes wrt racism? Probably not IMO, but what could be causing it is an interesting discussion nonetheless.
    Are you including mafia 2.0? The first racism punishments were handed out the first week of march so a real question is what caused the increase in activity in the first place. I think the tracker goes back to end of september, can you include those weeks? I'm curious what the activity was like before blizzard broke the arcade over the winter
    Last edited by DJarJar; July 20th, 2021 at 09:44 AM.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?