Best man for the job
Register

User Tag List

Hybrid View

1. ISO #1

Re: Best man for the job

Well I’m not sure I trust those studies. Lets take gender diversity as an example. If you have a company of all men, but half of them are more feminine - is that diverse? Would they have the same viewpoints as women? But let’s take yet another example. What if you have a company filled with half transgender men and actual men. Is that diverse? Does diversity come from having a vagina?

Now let’s say maybe we trust the study and say yeah companies that are more diverse make more money. But that does not mean they make money because they are diverse. Because then you have to ask yourself the question - how does diversity increase profit? I’ve been in diverse friendships or university groups before and I did not witness any of the said benefits of diversity. The only difference I could see that could be attributed to external variation between different groups of people was in prior education. And again lets put an example forward. Lets say you have a company of white men but half of them were raised in Africa to black families. Is that diverse?

2. ISO #2

Re: Best man for the job

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Well I’m not sure I trust those studies. Lets take gender diversity as an example. If you have a company of all men, but half of them are more feminine - is that diverse? Would they have the same viewpoints as women? But let’s take yet another example. What if you have a company filled with half transgender men and actual men. Is that diverse? Does diversity come from having a vagina?

Now let’s say maybe we trust the study and say yeah companies that are more diverse make more money. But that does not mean they make money because they are diverse. Because then you have to ask yourself the question - how does diversity increase profit? I’ve been in diverse friendships or university groups before and I did not witness any of the said benefits of diversity. The only difference I could see that could be attributed to external variation between different groups of people was in prior education. And again lets put an example forward. Lets say you have a company of white men but half of them were raised in Africa to black families. Is that diverse?
    I mean it's easy to counter any argument with "I disagree, therefore those studies are invalid" lmao. You can read the studies yourself and figure out how they did everything, and what their definitions of "diverse" are, and then feel free to refute the claims.

As for your second point: dude, you really need to learn to read what people post before you respond to them. The mechanisms behind how diversity lead to increased profitability are explained in every single article and study I posted. Go back and read them before making knee-jerk responses.